Sign in to follow this  
deathbat96777

Does Michael Myers Have A Healing Factor?

I'm sure this has been brought up before and in terms of actuality, it's just unintentional plot holes and bad story telling, but I have compiled a list of evidence for my silly theory just for fun.

Halloween 1 and 2- While Michael Myers suffers being stabbed in the neck, poked in the eye, stabbed in the chest, and shot six times by Loomis before falling off a balcony, when Halloween 2 rolls around, this damage seems to effect him very minimally. Even if Loomis missed his heart, wounds like that to the chest (you can see the bullet holes in HD renders) would more than likely cause severe internal damage, collapsed lungs, etc, yet Michael keeps moving like nothing happened. He also appears to not have any spinal issues after falling flat on his back, and whenever we see him unmasked, his eye does appear to be swollen, but there's no actual puncture wound and no blood at all. In H2 whenever he gets shot another six times, yet again he recovers in a matter of seconds, with bullet holes in his jump suit that show his lungs and heart should've been punctured, damaged, or even destroyed, as well as damage to his bones or major arteries, yet he gets up and keeps going with little to no bleeding. Also, rather than the bullets going out of the back of his head when he gets shot in the face, they simply blind him, and if you pay close attention, whenever Loomis says "it's time, Michael" before blowing them both to smitherines, it appears Michael is looking straight at Loomis. I believe that while Michael was swinging aimlessly around the room with the scalpel, his vision was slowly healing, and when he looked over at Loomis, that's when his eyes had finished growing back. We also see Michael walking around briefly on fire before collapsing. Also note (this will come in handy when I mention 4-6) that if we are to believe Michael survived this, we have to accept the fact that Michael laid there burning and unconscious for quite some time.

Halloween 4- Michael has third degree burns on his hands and apparently his face, but with the amount of time he'd been on fire, he should be dead. His burns should've been so severe that they should've been fourth degree level. He wasn't just engulfed, he passed out and kept burning for several minutes.

Halloween 5- After being shot up with high caliber bullets and shot guns in the H4 flashback, Michael gets weak and passes out in a shack only to wake up a year later. We briefly see him unmasked and his face isn't scarred at all, only his hands. Near the end of the movie, Michael is shot a few times by an idiot cop, and just like in the first two, he shakes it off fairly easily and keeps on going, this time without even sporting any wounds that we can see. Michael then gets his face bashed in with a 2x4 by Loomis and shot up with several tranquilizers. He later wakes up and even after severe head trauma can sit up straight faced and chill in a jail cell. We also see in the scene where he unmasks in front of Jamie that his eyes are intact, and he can also apparently see at the beginning of Halloween 4 judging by how he moves around and kills, unless he's like Daredevil.

Halloween 6- Thorn or not, Michael gets his face bashed in with a huge pipe and gets injected with corrosive chemicals. He also falls down a huge flight of stairs and gets beat with a fireplace poker. As per usual, he heals from all of this pretty fast.

Halloween H20- It takes being stabbed with a flag pole, stabbed repeatedly in the chest by Laurie, and falling backwards on to a hard object ( I think it was the top of the van, I don't remember) to temporarily incapacitate Michael before he wakes up in the coroner's van. He gets right up from flying out of the front window, gets ran over, and gets pinned between the van and the tree before allegedly being decapitated.

Resurrection- Survives being hung and survives being electrocuted and severely burned.

Rob Zombie's Halloween- This Michael gets shot a couple times non fatally in the arm and shoulder by a deputy. It doesn't seem to phase him much. Loomis shoots Michael a few times in the upper arm and the back from behind. It knocks him out for like a solid minute or so before he rips Laurie out of the car and tries to get away with her. Laurie shoots a bullet off and grazes his forehead, squirting blood all over her. If we are to accept at least some of H2's opening as canon, Michael remains unconscious for at least an hour or so from this before waking up and killing the coroner van drivers.

Rob Zombie's Halloween II- Michael was able to stay alive after being sniped in the shoulder and falling through spikes in an attempt to stab Laurie and kill her. She allegedly finishes him off by repeatedly stabbing him in the face, but even then he kinda sorta slowly dies from it, almost like he's just been knocked out again. In the other version, he gets gunned down with shotguns and pistols, and it takes him forever to finally hit the ground, once again allegedly dead.

What do you guys think? Can Michael heal? If he can, how fast does he heal?

Well 4-6 people can usually wave that off with Thorn and the ending to H20 is explained in Resurrection, but that aside, isn't he just supposed to be considered some kind of force of evil? Like you're not really supposed to think deeply about it.

Maybe he also doesn´t take Damage (except Maybe his eyes as a weakspot)? And for the Part IV , didn´t Loomis also survive the Explosion? If yes , then Michael would have too.

But interesting thought.

I assume so, obviously he was able to see again in the sequels. And we saw his eyes in part 5 when he started crying. But I think his "healing factor" is a lot slower than Jason's. He usually needs a year or so to recuperate. 

We will have to wait and see. I think John Carpenters original vision of Michael Myers wasnt meant to be supernatural at all and I hope this is the case with the upcoming film. There are enough supernatural killers.

I personally believe Michael is supernatural.A lot killers of the 70's,80's,90's have some sorta supernatural element to them. Michael more than likely will be shot in the new film and still feel nothing thus hinting at supernatural ability.