tyrant666

What Were The Top 5 Biggest Successes/Failures Of The Game Now That Content Is Dead?

3 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

@jameson87 i had to look up the dill dingus/praetorian thing because i hadnt heard much about it, an wow...all i'll say is wow

Yeah even though it isn't tied to the game and it's mechanics it certainly put a bad taste in the mouth of many potential customers as well as customers, such as myself, that values truth and transparency. They definitely missed the mark on that one.

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Then you interpreted it wrong.

That's the thing about socializing online. Sometimes ones interpretation isn't exactly the truth or the real meaning behind what was posted. Instead of inquiring with the "offender" (like most people with a little power often do), you assumed you were correct and lumped my post right in there with everyone talking about locking the thread........and by lumping my post in with everyone else and then commenting on your view that certain people claim forced silence and censorship, what you have done is imply I was a part of that group when my commentary was simply to say "I'm not commenting".

This means you're wrong in your actions. You've falsely implied meaning based on your assumptions and thus have shown the opposite of what you're telling people about their freedom to express themselves within the confines of the rules. 

As long as y'all make assumptions to know the exact meaning behind every post, instead of getting clarification, you'll always be hindering free expression.

Just sayin

:PDid you interpret my actions to mean something other than my intent and then tell me I was wrong to interpret your actions to mean something other than your intent?:P

:)I gathered a series of quotes expressing fear that the topic would be closed. Yours was gathered in the haul, since it's ambiguity opened it to that interpretation. I then directly addressed those concerns by clarifying what has actually been occurring and explaining that this thread didn't fall into anything that needed moderative action at that point (it still doesn't). I wasn't scolding anyone, or warning, or indicting or threatening to lock the thread. I was helping to assuage those fears.:)

Please extend me the same flexibility and understanding that you are asking of me.

I apologize to everyone for the diversion from topic. I felt it was important to clarify, given the tension around here.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

:PDid you interpret my actions to mean something other than my intent and then tell me I was wrong to interpret your actions to mean something other than your intent?:P

:)I gathered a series of quotes expressing fear that the topic would be closed. Yours was gathered in the haul, since it's ambiguity opened it to that interpretation. I then directly addressed those concerns by clarifying what has actually been occurring and explaining that this thread didn't fall into anything that needed moderative action at that point (it still doesn't). I wasn't scolding anyone, or warning, or indicting or threatening to lock the thread. I was helping to assuage those fears.:)

Please extend me the same flexibility and understanding that you are asking of me.

I apologize to everyone for the diversion from topic. I felt it was important to clarify, given the tension around here.

Yeah. Okay.

17 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

And now for something completely different:

Why did you kill that guy? He was just having a good laugh 

I've been thinking about how to list the failures of this game all day and to me all I can think is that had the rights to the IP not been given to gun media, but instead given to someone with a track record for actually making good games then all the other failures would have been avoided.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I've been thinking about how to list the failures of this game all day and to me all I can think is that had the rights to the IP not been given to gun media, but instead given to someone with a track record for actually making good games then all the other failures would have been avoided.

Very good point.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

No offenses intended, this would be like for instance meeting the life partner of your choosing a year earlier. A man or woman that's flawless in every way and you've had a great one year relationship with loads of world traveling, cooking, sex, gaming, etc whatever with said person like something out of a romantic comedy. However the catch is...they will die of terminal cancer a little after one year no matter what.

Pretty cruel really.

Classic Schmoesby.  Unbelieveable!

16 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

They (Wes) flooded the game with so much useless bullshit that it eventually overshadowed anything good the game had going for it.

That's what needs to be this game's epitaph.

16 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

But, we all lament this time last year when we all had such grand visions.

I wonder what kind of odds I'd get if I wanted to bet on all of us still being able to play on those dedicated servers this time NEXT year...

16 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

wild conspiracies theories presented as fact, personal threats, and insults do not have a place here. 

But... "wild" conspiracies are the best kind!

16 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I'm a little glad that the game has been euthanized this way.

15 hours ago, agnes said:

I really don't understand why emojis and counselor clothing were given priority over Jason X, weapon swapping or glitches

Or why Virtual Cabin & Single Player Challenges, for that matter.  Did those do anything to enhance replay value or assist with player retention?  Survey says...

I also forgot: Biggest missed opportunity was a customizable counselor.

• Like 1

I just find it funny that people have this idea that no conspiracy theory could ever be true. Like they are all make believe fairy tales. While a lot are, not every one is. And many have actually been vetted and proven to be truths. Oh how delightfully funny that one is.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 10:22 PM, agnes said:

I really don't understand why emojis and counselor clothing were given priority over Jason X, weapon swapping or glitches

Because they could monetise them, while Jason X had to be free per the terms of the Kickstarter, so took a much lower priority. They knew they were running into the lawsuit deadline, and cheapo cash grabs took priority over content they already had your money for.

As for bugs? It's a combination of not caring enough and not knowing enough to eliminate them promptly.

Regarding Wes flooding the game with useless bullshit over fixes too, I'm reminded of amazing websites that got run into the ground by shady owners who rather than fix basic features, instead flooded them with monetised popups and viruses, eventually killing their own product with their short-sighted greed and lack of respect for their customers or the property.

I'm also surprised GUN aren't the subject of a class-action lawsuit yet seeing as they've admitted knowing about the lawsuit for a long time, yet still continued in false advertising features they knew they'd never be able to add.

Before I'm banned again, let me just add GUN that I have no desire to play your broken, dead game again anyway, or visit the forums and read any more of your lies in future (suuuuure we'll be getting dedicated servers...) so this is me done regardless. Impotently ban away!

I encourage others to make a note never to buy a GUN product again, and move on too.

Illfonic get the benefit of the doubt though. Much love for the incredible game that was before stupid and greedy publisher decisions and a lack of QA investment wrecked it.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

They have that, it's called banned 

tenor.gif

That may be the most appropriate gif ever.  It's how I feel we've been treated as customers.

• Like 1

I only list the Things I don´t like since I love almost everything else About the game :

1. Jason should have been much stronger (who knows , Maybe he will still become stronger).

2. The devs should really be a bit more transparent.

3.The XP System is awful.

And am I the onliest one who thinks , that Part IX looked much better on here?

friday-the-13th-the-game-e1517023831950.

Both eyes hollowed out (ok , it´s also cool now , where you see one eye) and especially the hair? The hair Looks awesome!

• Like 1

Emotes were a product of generation snowflake, I didn’t like them either. I think it just enabled people to troll the Jason player even more. But that could of been the direction they wanted the game to go, we will never know. After all it’s that generation who is on control of making the game. Tsk tsk ...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

Emotes were a product of generation snowflake, I didn’t like them either. I think it just enabled people to troll the Jason player even more. But that could of been the direction they wanted the game to go, we will never know. After all it’s that generation who is on control of making the game. Tsk tsk ...

I think you may be on to something lol

• Like 1

Successful things about the game...

1. Getting Harry Manfredini, Tom Savini, and Kane Hodder to work on this game.
  2. Good atmosphere.
  3. Models for both Jason and Counsellors look good(well, some of them anyways).
  4.  The maps look good.
  5. The kills are awesome.

Bad things about the game...

1. Pretty much everything else...
Edited by Freddie Mercury
Harvey? Wtf...
  • Like 3

Top 5 Praises:

Jason Models

Counselor Models

Single Player Challenges 

Weapon Swapping

Virtual Cabin 2.0 

Top 5 Criticisms:

Poor Servers

Glitch Exploits

Jason Being Too Weak 

Releasing Game Incomplete (should have just delayed it another year)

Focusing On Releasing Emotes Instead of Serious Content 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 9:38 PM, tyrant666 said:

3. Emotes/Jason And Counselor Communication

Originally a suggestion by the players in the community to 'help communication' for those who didn't have or didn't want to use mics. They spawned into atmosphere, immersion killing dance emotes to the point where bitch slapping Jason while dancing all over him became more of a staple of the game than anything Jason could do. Hindsight being what it is, perhaps people should've pushed harder for a basic counselor side, proximity based keyboard chat feature. Add to that, for some reason the devs/publishers either thought it would be cool if Jason and Counselors could talk to one another or they never realized they could. Either way, total breakdown of immersion.

id like to argue that if these simple little things ruined your immersion, you never were immersed into the game in the first place.
dances and emotes perfectly fit in. this is friday the 13th, its not a super serious horror movie like texas chainsaw massacre. slashers are meant to be fun movies all round. a lot of people danced in the movies. its faaaaaar from ruining actual immersion. 

same thing with the jason chat. its beyond me how people still take this game as a 100% serious horror game. having funny jasons do funny voices is what makes the game so fun to play in the first place. again, it fits perfectly with the theme of friday style slashers which are all about having fun watching them.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:38 PM, tyrant666 said:

2. Jason Was Never As Strong As He Could Be/Can Be Killed Easily

During beta and early launch. There were heated arguments about Jason being too OP, too hard to kill, etc. As the updates went on, he was made more wonky due to bugs and unnecessary changes (windows), powerful counselor perks, nerfs, bad melee, etc and he can be killed pretty easily in a quick play lobby with just two competent players. The game simply catered to the Dead By Daylight crowd in terms of the side with the numbers should have the good time since they are the majority players most of the time, despite the title character.

jason was true to the movies. in almost every single movie, he was overpowered and had his ass whooped easily by skinny girls and even a little boy who didnt even reach puberty (and that was one of the arguably scariest jasons too)

the problem is just that his entire gameplay in this game was wrong. in the movies, he was always stalking and waited for counselors to split up so he could surprise-kill them one by one 

running into groups of armed counselors like in this game, is as far as you can go from the (original) movies as possible.

in general, thats why the game got so bland for many people. every single jason played the exact same. they coulda made "different gamemodes" by simply splitting the jasons up to different, appropriate playstyle. jason parts 2-4(or5 too i guess) could have been about counselor sized and able to sprint as well, play about like a slightly stronger version of a counselor but have like constant stalk, the ability to hide and ghost around the map to follow counselors and look where theyre headed and then hide somewhere in the cabin theyre headed towards and wait for them to enter to strike when theyre not looking. and could easily be killed by shotguns flareguns etc. they could have also implemented different kill conditions for the pt6-9 jasons, appropriate to the movies. and then balance them all together of course. but they took the lazy way, and made the jasons differ solely by superficial, tiny changes like strengths and weaknesses and by their overall appearance (and not even thats fully true to the movies. pt2 has never been 8ft big with the mass of a bodybuilder / weightlifter, but i digress)

i mostly agree with your other points so no comments on that.

In no particular order :  

Success

1. Looks like Friday the 13th

2. Sounds like Friday the 13th

3. Fun concept

Not So Much

1. Lack of content

2. Bugs

3. Poor AI

4. Laggy MP

5. Animation clipping and other visual issues

6. Online doesnt quite capture the feel of the movies.

7. Poor online progression system

• Like 1