tyrant666

What Were The Top 5 Biggest Successes/Failures Of The Game Now That Content Is Dead?

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I can't speak to the post you're referencing as I didn't see or take action on it. 

I saw it before it was taken down for no reason. It followed the rules.

2 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I can't speak to the post you're referencing as I didn't see or take action on it. 

i wont speak a name but honestly i dont have too, ppl know who an this individual will even come forward, 100% guaranteed

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

Europe is trying to outlaw or require you to pay for gifs and memes @Ghostboy20

Saw that, glad I'm in the U.S.A lol But it will die. The internet is powerful. It will end that 

8 minutes ago, agnes said:

I really don't understand why emojis and counselor clothing were given priority over Jason X, weapon swapping or glitches

God, so much this. Makes you even wonder when they'd finally stop with the emote packs if the game were allowed to continue unabated. 

8 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I saw it before it was taken down for no reason. It followed the rules.

Are you talking about the thread that was deleted this morning that was speculating on why there were so many bugs and the patch was rushed to get in front of people that had hacked Uber Jason?

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

Are you talking about the thread that was deleted this morning that was speculating on why there were so many bugs and the patch was rushed to get in front of people that had hacked Uber Jason?

No, that wasn't the thread. The thread was on missing features and promises that the devs made. Uber was on the list but it wasn't talking about the hackers and such. 

I can only imagine how fucking awesome this game could have been at launch without the connection problems and glitches. 

I spent so many hours playing every fucking day fighting the whole time just to finish a game. It was so worth it though until they fucked it all up with that counselor megaboost patch.

• Like 2

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

No, that wasn't the thread. The thread was on missing features and promises that the devs made. Uber was on the list but it wasn't talking about the hackers and such. 

Ok, it's mind boggling how threads get deleted and locked instead of someone in the know stepping up and refutting claims and accusations with something more than a copy and paste of what ever the message of the week is. 

21 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I didn't criticize your choice of gif, I merely interpreted it as an indication of forced silence and quoted along with the handful of other posts that suggested this conversation was going to be locked.

A response is not the same as being told you did something wrong.

Then you interpreted it wrong.

That's the thing about socializing online. Sometimes ones interpretation isn't exactly the truth or the real meaning behind what was posted. Instead of inquiring with the "offender" (like most people with a little power often do), you assumed you were correct and lumped my post right in there with everyone talking about locking the thread........and by lumping my post in with everyone else and then commenting on your view that certain people claim forced silence and censorship, what you have done is imply I was a part of that group when my commentary was simply to say "I'm not commenting".

This means you're wrong in your actions. You've falsely implied meaning based on your assumptions and thus have shown the opposite of what you're telling people about their freedom to express themselves within the confines of the rules. 

As long as y'all make assumptions to know the exact meaning behind every post, instead of getting clarification, you'll always be hindering free expression.

Just sayin

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

instead of getting clarification, you'll always be hindering free expression.

Interesting.  Sounds a bit familiar, I could be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Ok, it's mind boggling how threads get deleted and locked instead of someone in the know stepping up and refutting claims and accusations with something more than a copy and paste of what ever the message of the week is. 

It's easier to stay silent then clean things up and talk with the people who helped fund the game and or paid the $40 to help keep the game online. Sometimes it's better to say nothing but right now with them just deleting threads (Yes I know some are bad I know I know) and just not speaking and clearing the air and being open it makes them look bad. 

Just now, Whammigobambam said:

There should be a forums salt mines that lasts for 30 minutes. That will set things straight.

They have that, it's called banned 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

They have that, it's called banned 

tenor.gif

Hold on! Bans are only supposed to be 30 minutes? If so, I need to file a formal complaint because my ban was 6 days, 23 hours and 30 minutes too long!

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Hold on! Bans are only supposed to be 30 minutes? If so, I need to file a formal complaint because my ban was 6 days, 23 hours and 30 minutes too long!

No they aren't meant to be 30 minutes tho they should be sometimes lol but that is the salt mines here on the forums, you get a nice little ban for awhile. 

40 minutes ago, agnes said:

I really don't understand why emojis and counselor clothing were given priority over Jason X, weapon swapping or glitches

those were something that would make money off people who owned the game.

the game got the setting and mood right, when you first saw Jason and him doing a kill was so great. the shack with pam's head, wow.

I think the biggest failure is either the inability or unwillingness to address long standing bugs. All of the other news would have been lessened if the game worked as intended, and didn't have new game breaking bugs with each patch. these glitches/bugs were widely report and not addressed for a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agnes said:

Ease of execution, and made them some quick and easy $$$.

16 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Ease of execution, and made them some quick and easy $$$.

They had to make the greens some how. 

The mocapped kills, the maps, the Jason models, the sound cues... the overall atmosphere is what was tremendously well done, from beginning to end. You can truly tell there is love for the F13 franchise. 

Naivety in regards to a lot of things, but most importantly the connection issues seems to be the root of a lot of issues. The QP system is based on RNG, you can't decide to be hosting. It was probably assumed that Dedicated servers would be quickly and easily implemented, but still...they probably didn't assume hosts quitting at the rate they do. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

They had to make the greens some how. 

I have no problem with it. Smart, really. The only annoying part was the important/big stuff not coming out. I'm not even saying this stuff took any form of priority, as it IS easy and quick work, worked on mostly by different departments. But it's still annoying that this is the content we got, while stuff like Uber, Grendel, and possibly some other really great maps will never make it in.

It's a bit irritating that all the SP Challenges rewards were essentially emotes, too. And you can tell the devs definitely didn't listen to feedback regarding emotes/trolling, since the emotes actually got more trolly in nature...It really takes away from what the game should be, in my opinion. The younger demographic (you know, those twerps with no real appreciation for the source material) seem to like it. But I think it did more harm to the game than good. So that's a bummer.

I really hoped at this point we'd have a pretty smooth experience and we could actually be thinking about real expansion for the game...like map packs that include new things to search in, new things search for, new methods of escaping. Instead we're wondering why the game isn't giving us the fucking counselor we selected. It's tragic, really.

Good thing I took Wes' advice and decided to go make my own game. It might take 10 years. But it'll happen. This will all be something fun to look back on some day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I have no problem with it. Smart, really. The only annoying part was the important/big stuff not coming out. I'm not even saying this stuff took any form of priority, as it IS easy and quick work, worked on mostly by different departments. But it's still annoying that this is the content we got, while stuff like Uber, Grendel, and possibly some other really great maps will never make it in.

It's a bit irritating that all the SP Challenges rewards were essentially emotes, too. And you can tell the devs definitely didn't listen to feedback regarding emotes/trolling, since the emotes actually got more trolly in nature...It really takes away from what the game should be, in my opinion. The younger demographic (you know, those twerps with no real appreciation for the source material) seem to like it. But I think it did more harm to the game than good. So that's a bummer.

I really hoped at this point we'd have a pretty smooth experience and we could actually be thinking about real expansion for the game...like map packs that include new things to search in, new things search for, new methods of escaping. Instead we're wondering why the game isn't giving us the fucking counselor we selected. It's tragic, really.

Good thing I took Wes' advice and decided to go make my own game. It might take 10 years. But it'll happen. This will all be something fun to look back on some day.

I 100% agree with you, they could have added more skins for Jason and outfits for the campers instead we got more emotes that were kinda nice but also would have been abused by trolls. The first patch of emotes that came out were alright, yeah they were annoying but they could have been more of a risk to use, eating up stamina when using them making players think twice when using them around Jason. 

If you ever need a voice actor for your game I'll do it for Dr Pepper! 

rz5.gif

• Like 1

Well.....pros: Jason Models, artistic direction on maps, the kills, the fact that it is Friday the 13th based, mic in game.

Cons: ignoring feedback and pandering to the fortnite and sims crowd, going back on rules instead of enforcing them (jason teamers), lack of transparency, changing windows on a whim then refusing to revert them, ebay, the thin skin for criticism, The Praetorian reddit fiasco, caught in a lie over the Dilly Dingus situation, all the bugs added on top of day 1 bugs still being present, delaying of backer rewards, and I am sure there are more that aren't quite coming to mind at the moment.

Edit: oh yeah, allowing banned glitchers back to boost player numbers.      

• Like 1

@jameson87 i had to look up the dill dingus/praetorian thing because i hadnt heard much about it, an wow...all i'll say is wow

@AldermachXI It surprised me to see emotes as a reward in single player challenges over something like XP & CP, which might give some reason to replay them as well while still trying to get some legendary perks... or to be used in grinding levels for people who still want to unlock some stuff.
   Considering that they could have just put the emotes out there in two or three different DLC packs before the deadline to make some more money.

Good luck to you with getting your own game going. These things do take time, but I hope you get something off the ground sooner than your guess of ten years and hope to hear some news of it in the near future.

@tyrant666 You have a good list of pros and cons... and I have to agree with pretty much everything.
   I was not really shocked on the communication level from the devs since I showed up in these forums... but it could have been much better than it has been.
   I did find the trolling with emotes rather annoying when I started playing this game, but I think I grew desensitized to it over time... I have not found it annoying for a long time. I have actually been able to use the emotes for communication a few times after a headset died on me... and a few players where able to pick up on the fact I was pointing to what they where asking about... or to follow me to what they where looking for. I was very happy to get a new headset soon after though. Voice communication works so much better.

My biggest disappointment with the game is just the bugs... even after the engine upgrade and they were focusing on fixes, the first patch brought more new bugs... including the one I find most frustrating, groups being kicked when entering a quick play lobby. Although most of the bugs I actually find amusing, many others players have big problems with them... we need working fixes fast... and fixes that do not cause new problems or worsen existing problems.
   This is a truly fun game to play if they could get it working properly.

• Like 2