@The Wolf with that Toast I type really fast... which is weird as I only use two fingers on either hand, and my left thumb. Never fear the wall of text... unless it is falling towards you... then, running is just good advice.
   Sound like you had a great game... yes I don't just write long posts... I read them too. Shifting against an object almost always works to stop those ring around the rosy players in their tracks.
   There is some very good advice in this thread (I read the whole thing)... forgive me if I repeat any of it, and I will try to keep it short.

Breathe... just breathe. If you cannot breathe properly, you cannot kill counselors effectively. I see every hamburger has done its evil work... mmm.... hamburgers....
   Relax... don't take the game so seriously. Stress kills. Its more fun if your heart is not trying to burst out of your chest.
   Don't worry so much about killing everyone in the game. We all have good games and bad games. Practice on the points you need to work on, even if it costs you some kills. It will pay off in the long run. I chase down the best jukers, just for the practice... even if it cost me some kills. It has paid off. If some one escapes... try to wave with combat stance (or a throwing knife if you have some to spare) and tell them to come back next year. Its a game, even Jason can afford to have a sense of humor.
   I know I have mentioned this a few times... but.... Offline bots may be boring, but it is a great place to practice short range quick throws and long distance throws. With either of these, the bots behave much like players in multi player. At close range with a quick throw, no one is expecting it and it is unavoidable when properly aimed, just remember where your crosshairs come up on screen and keep the target in that spot. No one expects you to hit them with a knife when they are standing in the Higgins barn and you are standing beside the bird bath in front of the main house... but when you find the proper height above the target to aim and center them properly in your crosshairs... it is not a problem... Just an example, you can hit some one over even longer distances anywhere on any map with enough practice (I am not sure how much further away... perhaps I have just been lucky with a few shots). Archery physics is in the game... its too bad we won't be seeing a bow and arrow, but it works the same way for throwing knives.
   Offline bots is also a great place to find environment kills. Many of them are in the same spot on each map every time you play. Knowing where they are can help you to know when to grab someone as many counselors can break free rather quickly. I only use environment kills in offline bots... besides the target practice of course. Some environment kills are not necessarily in the same spot every time you play on a specific map.

When you are playing as a counselor, take note of how often you see Jason on your mini map and why you are seeing him there. Try to remember where the morph pins on the maps are and hope you are not in their line of sight when you reappear. Stalk does not always mean you cannot be seen on their mini map. This is a huge advantage for counselors... try to rob them of it any way you can and use stalk to your advantage when you morph specifically towards a counselor to catch them off guard.

That's all for now... I am trying to keep this one at least kind of short.

Playing as Jason is a royal pain in the ass when the host has shitty internet which makes you lag the whole game.

@Dead Meme and @Ahab , huge Thanks , guys!

And Ahab , I quickly realized (also online) that quick knives are the most reliable way to hit them , so I picked that up Pretty early…...but if I hit them often in a match is  50/50. Really , I either have lousy aim or fucking god aim…..and sometimes between. And since I really really love environmental kills , I also learned Pretty fast where all the kills are. I was addiceted to environmentals….but I finally found the line where I should use them and when not. Weapon swapping definitely helped me out.

14 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Explain quick throws to me. Also how do you target people who run side to side?

Just tap the button. You will immediately throw it. They won´t see it coming so they won´t run side to side. Even if they would , they waste their Stamina much more then. Win/Win. But it´s not too easy to learn. (I´ve noticed on PC , they can throw knives much quicker than on PS4. As Jason I don´t see a difference though. And also , much more People know how to quick throw on PC. Weird.)

I also recommend learning Long distance knives combined with stalk. You have to aim upwards to hit them and you can take your time aiming , now just activate sense and stalk and they won´t see it coming either. Sometimes you can even hear them scream! 

I hope this explains it good enough.

I feel you...I also have anxiety while playing Jason, because I don’t like playing as Jason. I only play as Jason to progress toward the trophies (I only need the 500/1000 matches). I have survival instincts not killer instincts. Funny thing is that unless I’m in an extended chase I never get anxiety while playing a counselor, it’s because I know he’ll never catch me 90% of the time. Not trying to sound arrogant but I’ve learned how to survive the night with Tiffany and Jenny and the majority of the time if Jason tunnels me, me teammates will get objectives done...if he leaves me and kills everybody else, I’ll run down the clock. 

To answer you question though, it is a game. Sure it is competitve but don’t take it TOO seriously. Stress kills are never fun and you may wind up tunneling the wrong counselor. Do not tunnel that Vanessa, Tiffany, Chad, or Buggzy teabagging you...they WANT you to chase them. Always prioritize fixers and female counselors. If you see it is a lobby full of level 150 Vanessa’s then be sure to trap the shack. They should’ve added the CB tower to Jason’s map honestly. If you do run into the Tommy tower in the beginning of the match and nobody has been there then shut up the power and trap the generator. If you are on Higgins Haven then sometimes in the opening scene you can see the tower behind Jason, that means it spawned at Evergreen.

20 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

If you see it is a lobby full of level 150 Vanessa’s then be sure to trap the shack.

If I ever see this Lobby....then i will immediately leave and jump out of my window.

If you are on Higgins Haven then sometimes in the opening scene you can see the tower behind Jason, that means it spawned at Evergreen.  

On Packanack you can also look if there is a pocket knife or med-spray.

Interesting that you feel like that as Jason. For me me , I don´t care as counselors because I don´t really strife for that win. I only do that as Jason. I sure have Survival instincts…..but much more Killer Instincts…..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If I ever see this Lobby....then i will immediately leave and jump out of my window.

If you see that lobby, switch to part 2 and lay all your traps by the entrance to the shack. Stay in there and guard mommy's sweater, use stalk when you get it and just hang out. Someone will show up, kill them. Mostly those lobbies don't go for an escape, they're hunters. Let them come try!

About the pressure... I feel it in qp, but when playing in pm with Vader, Malloy, luck, shades, fred, rust, Redrum and co.. only pressure I feel is that I have to get atleast 1 kill. All over 1 is a bonus! :D After the 1st kill, no pressure for me...(sometimes thats all I get)

The few times I've killed them all, I've felt like "now I've really accomplished something". Felt real good for a couple of seconds.

But these guys make playing fun; no matter how you fair as Jason. Nothing but respect and recommendations. Great crew

5 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Explain quick throws to me. Also how do you target people who run side to side?

When you hold your aim button you see your crosshairs on the screen... focus on that part of the screen and burn its position into your brain, when you are chasing them... you have to keep them in the spot where your crosshairs come up... then quickly tap and release the button to throw a knife. Don't bother doing a quick throw against a counselor that is zig zagging... your best chance is when following directly behind them within 15 or 20'. But closer is better.
   They can't zig zag all the time as Wolf said, they just run down their stamina. After they get hit with one, they generally try to be more evasive in a bit of a panic and forget you have a 5 second (or so) cool down before you can throw another knife... thus wasting more stamina. When chasing a counselor you are having a problem shift grabbing, try using shift just to get into close range to achieve a quick throw.
   Many counselors will try to use a spray after you hit them with a knife... but if you save the knife for closer up, they cannot finish spraying before you get in a grab or slash. Just remember that when they are too close in... this does not work so well. The minimum effective range is generally where a counselor will turn to strike you.
   I also use this to defeat the lone swift attackers... pretty easy when you get the timing down. The knife cancels their attack and they are already walking into your grab (or slash).
  The best place to practice this is offline bots... they are still pretty dumb and you have plenty of time to gather a lot of knives. In a close in chase, they act very similar to a real player that is not actively dodging, and you don't want to waste the knife on someone moving erratically anyway... let them waste their stamina.

@The Wolf with that Toast I have games which I cannot hit anyone with a throwing knife at all... we all have good games and bad, like I've said before. Most misses are down to bad timing combined with impatience. But I have far more games in which I never miss. Keep practicing... I practice often to not only better myself at it, but to keep the skill sharp.
   Also remember that not all low level players are really inexperienced... like you, some people are level 150 on another system and just started playing on this one.

Practice Bots until you get Jason's mechanics down and change your Pref to Jason and just play him as much as possible.  I initially had some anxiety and how my blood pumping went hardcore Jason 3 weeks ago, but now it's routine and business.

11 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

It isn't too bad.  No one is going to be able to repair fast enough if you use traps as alert systems on objectives, good luck to them if you manage to crush and trap the power box before Tommy is called.  You will also know pretty much where they all are, stay around objectives in stalk as they go near them and catch any singled out one that you can, then clean up anyone still wondering in the outskirts of the map.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

Also remember that not all low level players are really inexperienced... like you, some people are level 150 on another system and just started playing on this one.

Well , as Long as I don´t know that they are 150 , I´m good. 

And also About the ''they can´t spray when you´re too near'' , this is sadly counterable with a spray cancel (atleast on PC). I don´t know how but they spray , cancel it and smack me. I also have seen it only performed by 150 Players.

And also I found out , that if you map Push-to-Talk on the Controller , you don´t have to stop Walking (I think @GeneiJin , you had the Problem , or had you?). I mapped on my PS4 Controller on Share (which is basically select).

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

And also I found out , that if you map Push-to-Talk on the Controller , you don´t have to stop Walking (I think @GeneiJin , you had the Problem , or had you?). I mapped on my PS4 Controller on Share (which is basically select).

Oh yea, how did you do that?  I connect PS4 controller though steam overlay, so when I did map the key "T" to a controller, the game would switch from pad to keyboard for that action.  Doing that is the reason why I can't maintain job/sprint while pressing the mapped button.

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

Oh yea, how did you do that?  I connect PS4 controller though steam overlay, so when I did map the key "T" to a controller, the game would switch from pad to keyboard for that action.  Doing that is the reason why I can't maintain job/sprint while pressing the mapped button.

Well , I mapped T to the SHARE button. Weird , if it doesn´t work for you. Did you Maybe keybind it? Maybe try moving the mouse , so that both Keyboard and Controller are active.

22 hours ago, Ahab said:

When chasing a counselor you are having a problem shift grabbing, try using shift just to get into close range to achieve a quick throw.

Do not underestimate the shift n' slash maneuver, either.

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I use that a lot... I am completely in favor of making sure they are limping and then giving an extra slash just to make sure a med spray does not heal them past being wounded by one knife if they break free and use one. A wounded counselor is just easier to get an environment kill on.
   But I like using the throwing knives whenever possible... conservatively of course, I might just need a few for the last victim.

@The Wolf with that Toast I have not seen anyone use a spray cancel in a long time. Never used it myself. If memory serves it was a dodge cancel... GeneiJin could probably explain that one better, he seems to know more than most about these mechanics.

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

I use that a lot... I am completely in favor of making sure they are limping and then giving an extra slash just to make sure a med spray does not heal them past being wounded by one knife if they break free and use one. A wounded counselor is just easier to get an environment kill on.
   But I like using the throwing knives whenever possible... conservatively of course, I might just need a few for the last victim.

@The Wolf with that Toast I have not seen anyone use a spray cancel in a long time. Never used it myself. If memory serves it was a dodge cancel... GeneiJin could probably explain that one better, he seems to know more than most about these mechanics.

Ahhh spray cancelling... such a beautiful gimmick.   It's easy to do.  Use a spray, and while in spray animation, toggle CS and then swing.  Can catch many Jasons off guard.  Another interesting trick is Swing cancelling though fireworks.  Swing and use fireworks to cancel out of the recovery frames of the swing.  Can also cancel CS swings by first toggle off CS and then use fireworks.  It's good to bail you out of one bad swing, so if you're quick to notice the swing will whiff, it can save you.  Dodge cancelling something different.  That is cancelling the swing recoil animation on hit into a dodge.

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Ahhh spray cancelling... such a beautiful gimmick.   It's easy to do.  Use a spray, and while in spray animation, toggle CS and then swing.  Can catch many Jason's off guard

This sounds like an exploit and scummy as hell.

Just now, Redcat345 said:

This sounds like an exploit and scummy as hell.

Regardless of how you feel about it, it's a option counselors can do and it's not like Jason doesn't have any counterplay for it.  Jason can just stay out of range and throw knives while counselor is still in spray animation or approch in CS-Block then ether block the cancel into swing or grab and the end of the spray animation.  You may fall for it once if you've never seen it, but if you expect it, it's not a big deal.   Like I said, it's a gimmick.

Just now, GeneiJin said:

Regardless of how you feel about it, it's a option counselors can do and it's not like Jason doesn't have any counterplay for it.  Jason can just stay out of range and throw knives while counselor is still in spray animation or approch in CS-Block then ether block the cancel into swing or grab and the end of the spray animation.  You may fall for it once if you've never seen it, but if you expect it, it's not a big deal.   Like I said, it's a gimmick.

Exploiting is exploiting, no excuses. Devs need to patch this.

5 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Exploiting is exploiting, no excuses. Devs need to patch this.

If you want me to share something "scummy", I can share to everyone a strategy I call "double counselor turtling" .  It's not a glitch, it really simple, but yet it completely exploits Jason's mechanical weakness and there is no good counter-play Jason can do about it.  I'm sure others have know about it, but the general players I've seen here and on PC doesn't seem to grasp how powerful it is.

31 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

If you want me to share something "scummy", I can share to everyone a strategy I call "double counselor turtling" .  It's not a glitch, it really simple, but yet it completely exploits Jason's mechanical weakness and there is no good counter-play Jason can do about it.  I'm sure others have know about it, but the general players I've seen here and on PC doesn't seem to grasp how powerful it is. 

nah.jpg.0ded9079007162e60506df74dac01daa.jpg

I don´t Need to know any techniques for counselors , thanks. Especially those ones.

(Please , never share that……

but if you know something like this for Jason......let us know….he deserves it.....)

I am completely in favor of making sure they are limping and then giving an extra slash just to make sure a med spray does not heal them past being wounded by one knife if they break free and use one. A wounded counselor is just easier to get an environment kill on.

Dude , I do the exact same Thing.

I think I am very bad at shift slashing because I almost never get them.

I should try to Train it.

• Like 1