Ok , guys , when I Play as Jason I can´t stop putting pressure on me. Does any one have tips , so that I can Play chilled? Some tips that I get some chill?

Like seriously my heart beats so fucking fast. It really feels bad. The last round I played , they wanted to kill me and for some reason my heart went apeshit.

My heart normally beats so fast by an extremely hard boss fight but it shouldn´t beat that fast when I am the boss….

Sorry , if that´s the wrong section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Tons of pressure to ID the host and try to give them some breathing space to hopefully prevent them from quitting.  

• Like 1

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Ok , guys , when I Play as Jason I can´t stop putting pressure on me. Does any one have tips , so that I can Play chilled? Some tips that I get some chill?

Like seriously my heart beats so fucking fast. It really feels bad. The last round I played , they wanted to kill me and for some reason my heart went apeshit.

Eh just realize it is a game and set a goal for yourself.

For myself I have played this long enough that I rarely set any traps on any escape routes. Mainly because I like chasing the car. So I spend the beginning of the game knocking out all the lights.

Instead of spawn killing I do spawn bloodletting. I get them limping and say I will see them later and leave.

Maybe have a drink while you play. I find it fun when it goes apeshit and they are fighting you.

Change how you think about the chase, spend more time thinking what would I do if I was the counselor.

Do you get tunnel vision when your Jason?      Stop and predict, use Morph or Shift to move and surprise your victim, don't focus on the capture, just the surprise.

Is it a stress reaction, like fear of failure?       Let the first person go, accept that one person is getting away, focus instead on how you move as Jason, try cutting people off, or just watching them, don't do what is expected. 

Talk to yourself, just talk out loud what you're going to do next, it will create a space in between thinking and doing.

Collect knifes, try to get thirteen. 

Hope these suggestions help.

• Like 1

I used to get that way initially, But I just try to have fun. It helps when counselors get caught off guard, its funny. I have a great time playing both sides. Good laughs.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Change how you think about the chase, spend more time thinking what would I do if I was the counselor.

Do you get tunnel vision when your Jason?      Stop and predict, use Morph or Shift to move and surprise your victim, don't focus on the capture, just the surprise. Nah , I never tunnel. I don´t even know how I should tunnel if they gang up on me. 

Is it a stress reaction, like fear of failure?       Let the first person go, accept that one person is getting away, focus instead on how you move as Jason, try cutting people off, or just watching them, don't do what is expected.   Yes , I am really afraid that they are getting away/are going to win. The Thing is , I know how to defeat them and luckily I fairly often win. I know Pretty good how to Jason (Maybe I am afraid that Pamela isn´t pleased? Who knows.)

Talk to yourself, just talk out loud what you're going to do next, it will create a space in between thinking and doing. This is a really good one.

Collect knifes, try to get thirteen.  Yep , they definitely helped me. Awesome how that Chad stood there with his stupid Flare gun…...and then I threw a knife and he died.

Hope these suggestions help.

Thanks!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

After the 1313 kills trophy I find I'm relaxed as Jason. If they escape I really don't care. I play and have fun. I kill them all great. If not, oh well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

After the 1313 kills trophy I find I'm relaxed as Jason. If they escape I really don't care. I play and have fun. I kill them all great. If not, oh well.

I would like to not care.....but I can´t….

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

My heart normally beats so fast by an extremely hard boss fight but it shouldn´t beat that fast when I am the boss….

Each kill should be a thrill. That's the point of the game. You are people hunting and overcoming their skill at the game each time you chop them down.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Eh just realize it is a game and set a goal for yourself.

For myself I have played this long enough that I rarely set any traps on any escape routes. Mainly because I like chasing the car. So I spend the beginning of the game knocking out all the lights.

Instead of spawn killing I do spawn bloodletting. I get them limping and say I will see them later and leave.

Maybe have a drink while you play. I find it fun when it goes apeshit and they are fighting you.

I must have played with you the other day. I was attacked seconds into the match and left limping to find a hair spray for half the game. Grr...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Get a girl (or a dude, if that's your bag) to blow you while playing.

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I think that there's something, uh, medicinal you can try. ?

Lol

5 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I must have played with you the other day. I was attacked seconds into the match and left limping to find a hair spray for half the game. Grr...

MrBeefyMorris on Xbox

If it is quickplay and you have a mic and talk back I may only hit you once and leave to find a micless person to kill.

My advice is to not take it too seriously. If a lot of people escape or bit you is because new grab is very easy to spoil or because they are good player. It's not a tragedy if you lose, it's just a way to learn from mistakes.
I describe myself as a good Jason, I usually clean the lobby even if sometimes it can happen that some good counselors, especially if they collaborate together will escape.
Anyway I would have never became a good Jason without being beaten up and having lose a lot of matches before. 

Just, don't take it too seriously. If I may I would extend this advice also on other things in life, never take yourself too much seriously, your heart should beat fast for other reasons. 

Play as the host, to get smoother gameplay. Sometimes rain messes up the fps, but it’s not as bad when you're not host, also as host you can quick block, quick toss knifes much easier, and everything is much more responsive. Oh yeah, and you don’t need to worry about the host quitting. 

• Thanks 1

@The Wolf with that ToastMy heart races too, everytime. Back when I started I would take off my headset when I was chosen. Then grab my phone and play kill em' all from Metallica on my headphones, to get in the zone. Start from the beginning of the album, then pause after the match. Press play next time I'm Jason. For some unknown reason it mellowed me out, lol. Maybe Pink floyd? Dark side of the moon? It's hilarious to hear the songs as you're seeing the dying expressions on their faces! I'm sure Dark side of the moon would be even better!

14 hours ago, Hancove said:

My advice is to not take it too seriously. If a lot of people escape or bit you is because new grab is very easy to spoil or because they are good player. It's not a tragedy if you lose, it's just a way to learn from mistakes.
I describe myself as a good Jason, I usually clean the lobby even if sometimes it can happen that some good counselors, especially if they collaborate together will escape.
Anyway I would have never became a good Jason without being beaten up and having lose a lot of matches before. 

Just, don't take it too seriously. If I may I would extend this advice also on other things in life, never take yourself too much seriously, your heart should beat fast for other reasons. 

If I just could…I hope sometime I will be able to.

14 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

Play as the host, to get smoother gameplay. Sometimes rain messes up the fps, but it’s not as bad when you're not host, also as host you can quick block, quick toss knifes much easier, and everything is much more responsive. Oh yeah, and you don’t need to worry about the host quitting. 

Well , now I am on PC and being a host is almost impossible (but you still can host a Lobby somehow). And my ping is no Problem anymore (it´s fucking awesome , I just see everyone in the Lobby with 100 MS and I stand there with freakin´ 30 MS , I wonder how that is even possible , on PS4 it was almost Always 200 ms. Well , I am very happy.

13 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

@The Wolf with that ToastMy heart races too, everytime. Back when I started I would take off my headset when I was chosen. Then grab my phone and play kill em' all from Metallica on my headphones, to get in the zone. Start from the beginning of the album, then pause after the match. Press play next time I'm Jason. For some unknown reason it mellowed me out, lol. Maybe Pink floyd? Dark side of the moon? It's hilarious to hear the songs as you're seeing the dying expressions on their faces! I'm sure Dark side of the moon would be even better!

Well , I often listen to Music when I am a counselor because I don´t take it serious then. But as Jason it could potentially distract me and I would probably not hear the traps going off.

If I would listen to Rammstein I would probably die of an heart attack.

Okay thanks guys , I am going to try following :

-Have something to drink at Hand

-If someone leaves , I Focus immediately at the other counselors

And 

Each kill should be a thrill. That's the point of the game. You are people hunting and overcoming their skill at the game each time you chop them down.

….moan pleased when I kill someone.

If there weren´t just so many 150´s in every Lobby......I am Always afraid of them…...taking my kill flow….

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I often listen to Music when I am a counselor because I don´t take it serious then. But as Jason it could potentially distract me and I would probably not hear the traps going off. 

If I would listen to Rammstein I would probably die of an heart attack. 

I check my map alot, so that wasn't too much of an issue. If I see my traps are sprung I would check it out. But, I quit doing it because I would miss the conversation of the counselors. Now I put it on the stereo in the background.

Just now, Redrum138 said:

I check my map alot, so that wasn't too much of an issue. If I see my traps are sprung I would check it out. But, I quit doing it because I would miss the conversation of the counselors. Now I put it on the stereo in the background. 

Well , I really hate when they just talk trash to me , so I Always mute them when I am Jason. Like seriously , that one guy insulted me because I was trapping the car.

22 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well.. this is only my advice.  Ride the adrenaline.  Your heart pumping like that means your body and mind are 100% fully powered up.   Don't resist it..lol

Don't ever think about your heart pumping.  Focus on what you're gonna do with it.   Its like a POWER UP. 

Also..   Cannabis.  When im Jason i usually take a hit off my Jason Bong in the Shack.  I spend the 1st 1-3 mins having a panic attack if the weed is really good.  So i just go around trapping objectives and breaking doors/windows till i calm down...lol.

But after about 1-3 min i finally calm down..  And get into it..  Complete zen.  At that point i care more about HOW im going to kill people instead of how many people i kill.

Also i always leave ONE objective free for the taking for most of the match.  Like the boat.   I want at least ONE person to escape.  It also takes the edge off.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Well.. this is only my advice.  Ride the adrenaline.  Your heart pumping like that means your body and mind are 100% fully powered up.   Don't resist it..lol

Don't ever think about your heart pumping.  Focus on what you're gonna do with it.   Its like a POWER UP.  I love that idea , man! The onliest Problem then is…..how do I calm down again? Favorably without drugs.

Also..   Cannabis.  When im Jason i usually take a hit off my Jason Bong in the Shack.  I spend the 1st 1-3 mins having a panic attack if the weed is really good.  So i just go around trapping objectives and breaking doors/windows till i calm down...lol. 

But after about 1-3 min i finally calm down..  And get into it..  Complete zen.  At that point i care more about HOW im going to kill people instead of how many people i kill.

Also i always leave ONE objective free for the taking for most of the match.  Like the boat.   I want at least ONE person to escape.  It also takes the edge off.

Yeah , I thought that it would probably help…….

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I really hate when they just talk trash to me , so I Always mute them when I am Jason. Like seriously , that one guy insulted me because I was trapping the car.

I say never mute them...   Just mute yourself.  (Jason doesn't talk, but he can hear :D)

And save the best trash talkers for LAST if you can.

At that point.. When everyones dead and watching.     Get that trash talker into a limp state and don't kill em till you feel like it.  Its very enjoyable.