i was even more excited for that game anyway. something about people being unable to ever get legendary slasher movies right and almost always ending up with let downs, i had way higher hopes for this game when it was a custom in house slasher in summer camp vol.1 than when they announced f13. feels like people have much more freedom when making their own slashers and dont have to live up to 1256094 expectations and the constant pressures of doing it right for the die hard fans and new players alike.

i wouldnt back it based on illfonics previous work, but if it proved just halfway good id gladly buy that instead. legit question btw. would the devs feel like going back to their original summer camp slasher project or are future projects just completely unknown for now?

sorry if this is the wrong topic btw.

• Like 2

I think that ship has sailed.  The moment that they accepted, and used, the F13 licensing, all assets fall under that umbrella. Nothing from the current game could be used under any other IP w/o the express written consent of the license owner.

1 hour ago, Kaelum said:

I think that ship has sailed.  The moment that they accepted, and used, the F13 licensing, all assets fall under that umbrella. Nothing from the current game could be used under any other IP w/o the express written consent of the license owner.

They could make a slasher camp game. Counselors would just have to be new characters. Could be same gameplay even. Can't stop them from making a game about running around finding items to escape a killer. So they could make a slasher game no problem.

Gameplay is not a part of IP.

6 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i had way higher hopes for this game when it was a custom in house slasher in summer camp vol.1 than when they announced f13.

I'm pretty sure you're really in the minority with this viewpoint. The F13 license really made me way more excited than if this was some generic killer game.

I'd play this game; I was excited when it was first announced. All they would really have to do is design new content. The gameplay is there, but I can see the concern of possible repeatability as far as not a enough of a difference in the gaming experiencing for people to get excited.

19 hours ago, Kaelum said:

i was suggesting an entirely different game though. like from the ground up new assets and all. im pretty sure they can still work together with art bully productions on all the counselors and killers no problem.

15 hours ago, Dolemite said:

I'm pretty sure you're really in the minority with this viewpoint. The F13 license really made me way more excited than if this was some generic killer game.

im cool with that. people are always too focused on recreating older legends instead of creating their own. who knows what the devs coulda come up with. i disagree with a lot of their recent choices, but one things for sure, these guys know their shit regarding slashers. its easy to see how much theyre fans of the genres. and they had an entire legendary cast on the game. i really wonder what their own slasher ideas were. who knows if they would have made a legendary slasher character themselves all in their custom game.

plus the game would have been way more varied like dbd (one of that games only good points) being forced to be the exact same killer jason and especially some skins / models looking almost the same definitely took a hit on this games replay value. along with a lot of the restrictions a single movie license has vs the freedom of making an array of your own slashers. they had tom savini and kane hodder working on their team already and every production with these 2 usually turned out legendary. i would have loved to see what the slasher/s woulda been, surely tom savini and kane hodder would have helped design them in some ways. 

14 hours ago, NightofthePodcast said:

I'd play this game; I was excited when it was first announced. All they would really have to do is design new content. The gameplay is there, but I can see the concern of possible repeatability as far as not a enough of a difference in the gaming experiencing for people to get excited.

it would definitely be an upgrade in my opinion.

for one, the devs now have a lot of experience of what to do and what not to do. what to promise and what not all of that etc..

they wouldnt be bound to any creative restrictions. if they made their entirely own ip instead. like the freedom they would have had is unrestricted, other than not straight up copying jason or michael myers. they could have had an array of custom slashers all inspired by some of the icons like the burning, f13, my bloody valentine etc. and they could have had way more variety with the maps, like winter maps, summer, fall, huge lodge, summer camp, mining town and so on. i feel like the game would have had way more replayability.

• Like 1

And I haven't played DBD, but it doesn't look as appealing. They have some awesome horror icons, but the graphics and gameplay just don't appeal to me as much as F13. Oh well. Maybe another game will come along that will incorporate the best of both games.

2 hours ago, NightofthePodcast said:

And I haven't played DBD, but it doesn't look as appealing. They have some awesome horror icons, but the graphics and gameplay just don't appeal to me as much as F13. Oh well. Maybe another game will come along that will incorporate the best of both games.

agree with you on the gameplay, it sucks a lot imo. but one of the reasons so many people arent getting sick of dbd is that their killers are vastly different from eachother. this is something this game lacked. i figure if this was inhouse, gun media would have dared themselves to add a lot more variety to the killers and how they play. and again, they already had tom savini on their team and kane hodder. so its safe to assume that together, theyd have brought to life another iconic slasher similar to the killer from hatchet or the burning for example.

• Like 1

I thought it had promise. In fact I was wondering where it went when I found Friday. You can say a lot about the initial game concept but I bet it would still be getting content at this point. 

• Like 1