Fatalfox

Will being around other counselors reduce fear?

Was just curious if being around others will reduce the fear of that counselor? Also will certain counselors reduce fear better then others?

Also on that topic what are other ways that fear can be decreased? We talk a lot about how the counselors get scared but not how to calm them back down (Except for being around light).

Staying with other counselors, staying on the trail (not going off trail into the forest area), using your flashlight, hiding and maybe turning on the radio? That's all I can think of as for now.

• Like 2

yes to your first two questions. For example the flirty girl would feel safer and have a lower fear meter if she is with the jock than if she was with the bookish girl

Thats awesome to know! Especially the two second question it just adds depth and detail to the game that shows the developers care~

For example the flirty girl would feel safer and have a lower fear meter if she is with the jock than if she was with the bookish girl

Wait, when was this confirmed?

Ive not heard of anything confirmed for lowering fear

I'd love you provide you a link but it was confirmed a long time ago. It would be difficult to provide one now but I recall seeing it on their twitter I believe. in the tweet it said that counselors would for example be less afraid around someone with high charisma maybe? or around the head counselor.
  • Like 1

I'm sure there are other mentions but, for one, the character blurb so far for the Head Counselor mentions how "he can keep himself composed in even the most dire of situations which makes him someone you want to be around when Jason is nearby."

Being around someone like that would help out your fear levels a lot more than someone that's freaking out. It's kind of the Head Counselor's big thing, that he seems to be able to keep others calm as a good leader.

From all the info i know, fear can't be LOWERED, but mitigated.

Maybe to the point of giving a protective "shield" of sorts, that takes damage instead of your actual fear meter under the right circumstances.

Just spitballing though.

yes to your first two questions. For example the flirty girl would feel safer and have a lower fear meter if she is with the jock than if she was with the bookish girl

Hopefully they've built the system to the point where each character is affected differently (different reactions and emotions) depending on who they're around. Then the bigger the group the more relaxed everyone is. 

Clearly the Jock and the Outsider together will (or definitely should) have by far the lowest fear stats of any team up. 

I don't think that the fear meter should be affected by who you're around, only by the number of people we're around.

If not, some counselors would be a must to take on each game so that the other counselors would feel safe (lower fear meter).

If someone plays a game with like 7 Flirty girls it would suck to have them freaking out all the time even if they're moving as a group lol.

^^

Actually I think that would be hilarious.

Now that I'm actually rereading it I'm actually kinda into it haha. it does make the counselors and their relationships feel more real/unique. I'm open to either options though

From all the info i know, fear can't be LOWERED, but mitigated.

Maybe to the point of giving a protective "shield" of sorts, that takes damage instead of your actual fear meter under the right circumstances.

Just spitballing though.

Fear can be lowered. 

Fear is all about isolation, death and Jason. The less of it you run into, the less fearful you are. 

• Like 1

What does the fear meter actually do?

I ASSUME it's harder to escape if he gets his hands on you, but i actually don't know.

i read some interviews but my english is terrible and i don't quite understand what kind of factor it puts on the gameplay.

What does the fear meter actually do?

I ASSUME it's harder to escape if he gets his hands on you, but i actually don't know.

i read some interviews but my english is terrible and i don't quite understand what kind of factor it puts on the gameplay.

From what I can tell fear will make your counselor mumble to themselves making them more easily found by Jason and if they're panicking maybe it'll make them more likely to stumble or something. A lot of these answers will probably come when we get more counselor info.

• Like 1

Yeah. High Fear means that Jason can detect you easier, that your counselor can be more prone to basic mistakes (tripping, fumbling with doing a task, making extra noise, etc) and it also helps Jason unlock his special abilities. One of them being, for instance, the ability to do his teleport trick. There may be more effects I don't know of yet.

Managing your fear will be a big part of the game, and one that a good Jason player will look to exploit.

(and Aksana, your English is not terrible! Better than my Swedish ;) )

Yeah. High Fear means that Jason can detect you easier, that your counselor can be more prone to basic mistakes (tripping, fumbling with doing a task, making extra noise, etc) and it also helps Jason unlock his special abilities. One of them being, for instance, the ability to do his teleport trick. There may be more effects I don't know of yet.

Managing your fear will be a big part of the game, and one that a good Jason player will look to exploit.

(and Aksana, your English is not terrible! Better than my Swedish ;) )

oh i did hear something like it's going to be possible that you break the car keys when trying the ignition! could that be linked to the fear? i mean imagine fixing the car and breaking the key,  better have mr edgy with  you to hotwire or you're screwed

Fear can be lowered. 

Fear is all about isolation, death and Jason. The less of it you run into, the less fearful you are. 

I stand corrected.

Ben "Soon" Strauss has spoken.

Then i guess fear just gets lowered if you do the exact opposite of what he mentioned.

Stay in a group, don't get close to death in any way shape or form and fuck off from jason and you're golden.

I stand corrected.

Ben "Soon" Strauss has spoken.

Then i guess fear just gets lowered if you do the exact opposite of what he mentioned.

Stay in a group, don't get close to death in any way shape or form and fuck off from jason and you're golden.

Those things are easier said than done lol

Those things are easier said than done lol

Well sure. It's more of an optimizing your play rather than always staying in the green.

Well sure. It's more of an optimizing your play rather than always staying in the green.

I can tell this game will be very strategic and unless your playing with friends or randoms that wanna team up its every man/woman for themselves