Jacrispy

Customizing Jason's strengths and weaknesses

I'm just curious what everyone would think about being able to choose your Jason's strengths and weaknesses. Since we wont have any new content make it to where we can choose which strengths and weaknesses we want for any Jason. Personally, I'd still say make Jason 2-5 the only ones that can run just to stay consistent to the movies. I feel like any good counselor player knows how exploit Jason's weaknesses so having it be a personal preference would make things interesting. I've liked the idea of a perk system for Jason as a buff, but since they can't add one in now I figured this could be an alternative. I know people that only play part 4 or 8 Jason online just because of his destruction strength so I feel like it could at least add a bit of variety to the game. Thoughts??

Edit: I did a search and didn't see this idea anywhere else, but if it is feel free to lock it and direct me to the thread so I can post it there.

I would rather have running Jasons be able to have a speed burst and lumbering Jasons be less vulnerable to stuns/knockdowns.

• Like 2

@Jacrispy If you did this... everyone would have +Shift and +Traps or + Morph.... and -Water Speed and -Grip strength or -Defence. Literally everyone would take the best strengths and weaknesses that do not affect them hardly at all. This would not spice up anything, it would make every Jason nearly identical.
   This has been discussed before in another thread with a similar title.

I would personally rather have destruction/shift/stalk or sense/ stalk/ shift, but to each his own. I just thought it would be cool because it would allow players to create a Jason based around their personal preference.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:08 PM, Ahab said:

@Jacrispy If you did this... everyone would have +Shift and +Traps or + Morph.... and -Water Speed and -Grip strength or -Defence. Literally everyone would take the best strengths and weaknesses that do not affect them hardly at all. This would not spice up anything, it would make every Jason nearly identical.
   This has been discussed before in another thread with a similar title.

You´re Right but +traps and +Morph would be rather rare. It would most likely be Part IV with -Grip Strength , -Water Speed and -Stalk/-Sense/-Stun resistance/-Defense/and all those. I think even +throwing knives would be Pretty rare. And also the traps are Pretty much negated by +Morph.

I would take for my Part IX Jason :

+Throwing knives

+Shift

+Morph

-HP

-Defense

-Can´t run

I would have been extremely happy if Retro-Jason would have gotten those Stats.

@The Wolf with that Toast Different people will have different ideas on which weaknesses are least detrimental to their playstyle. But that +Shift and +Morph together alone is seriously overpower compared to what we are used to playing against as a counselor and would become "the meta" for most players.
   Personally, I am fine using Part 4 in pretty much any circumstance. I like his strengths as they are... As for his weaknesses... I am used to having only 3 traps, it does not bother me at all. The -Water speed weakness barely matters when so few people even go for the boat, yet I still manage to catch the boat most times someone does go for it. And finally the -Shift weakness... I use shift sparingly and have been trying to not rely on it for a while now, so this weakness does not affect me so much either. When fighting a group of battle Chads, you end up in rage pretty quick even just blocking... which increases the regen of all abilities and makes the -Shift weakness irrelevant.

That somewhat defeats the purpose of selecting a Jason to play as, since every one has a unique playing style, but I do like the idea, although I think a lot of people would just create a rip-off of Savini Jason or some other OP combination. Also, it's kinda unfair to the counselors because they have no way of knowing your strengths and weaknesses. 

I would have liked to try it as a new mode but as is, I think it's better to not f'up QP. If in private matches you could select it then it wouldn't matter, but could be fun. 

I'm down on the ideas, just don't see it as something that is likely. 

If it was for offline only, then yeah! I'd love to customize each Jason to a specific playstyle.

I'm fine with the current system, but. I would've liked to have had the option, to customize Jasons strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

If it was for offline only, then yeah! I'd love to customize each Jason to a specific playstyle.

I'm fine with the current system, but. I would've liked to have had the option, to customize Jasons strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah offline wouldn't matter just never click on the buttons to change them. As a side note they are buttons on PS4, and even though they don't work, they are in the game. It would probably be considered a feature though, so I wouldn't want anyone hoping on my account. 

42 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah offline wouldn't matter just never click on the buttons to change them. As a side note they are buttons on PS4, and even though they don't work, they are in the game. It would probably be considered a feature though, so I wouldn't want anyone hoping on my account. 

It would be better if it was a offline feature, if it was an online feature as well. I think the majority of players would just have every Jason set to a op setup.

An op set up would look something like this imo:

Strengths.

+Destruction.

+Morph.

+Shift.

Weaknesses.

-Can't run(doesn't have +can run set as a strength, so it would automatically set -Can't run as a weakness).

-Less hit points.

-Water speed.

• Like 1

@Freddie Mercury, oh I agree. It could be fun in PM, I don't play that many PM games so it doesn't matter to me if that was an option other people might like it and in bots it would be fun. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of just making it an offline feature. I could see a lot of people ripping off Savini's stats as Buddy489 said

It wouldn't be too bad of an idea if you made it so some combinations can't be used. Like +Shift and +Morph wouk d bea combo not allowed. 

Another possibility would have been you take a Jason and allow you to cgange one strength and one weakness.Using Part 3 as an example.

Current Stats:

+ Can Run

+ Weapon Strength

+Grip Strength

-Stalk

-Sense

-Stun Resistance

Moddified Stats:

+ Can Run

+ Weapon Strength

+ Destruction

- Stalk

- Grip Strength

-Stun Resistance

Something like that would make for fun variety without being too powerful. 

I was just thinking about this last night.  I think I'd rather keep everything as is but allow a fourth perk or "buff" to be added from the player's choosing using CP to unlock.  That way the Jasons keep their distinctive traits but can have an added fourth one to make them more powerful.

I would set my Jason boy with

+Shift

+Water Speed

+Destruction

-Cant Run

-Defense

-Grip Strength

Car?Boat?

Nobody will escape from my Jason.

And Im not afraid of fighting with a group of Vanessa and Chad.

These would be my selected Jason stats.

Strengths

+ Can Run

+ Shift

+ Destruction

Weaknesses

- Stalk

- Water Speed

- Hit Points

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:56 AM, zmccain said:

I was just thinking about this last night.  I think I'd rather keep everything as is but allow a fourth perk or "buff" to be added from the player's choosing using CP to unlock.  That way the Jasons keep their distinctive traits but can have an added fourth one to make them more powerful.

That idea….is really not bad.

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, zmccain said:

Are you saying like how counselors have perks?

40 minutes ago, qtpye87 said:

Are you saying like how counselors have perks?

I don't mind counselors having perks.

50 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I don't mind counselors having perks.

I’m saying give Jason a perk like how the counselors have their own pros and cons but get additional perks.