Sign in to follow this  
PowellCampsNAKED

Moderators vs closing repetitive threads!

Ok here’s something that always kind of bothered me but I understand! 

I understand why Moderators closed threads that have Topics that were already discussed, it’s so that we don’t flood the boards with repetitive subjects!  But when a discussion was brought up say 5-7 months ago and had about 9 pages of comments it’s old and dusty!!! 

I find it ok to revive a Topic with new updated info with a fresh start to bring new attention to the devs and to fans! 

Its kind of a bummer when people report it because they remembered the same topic 6 months ago!  I feel like Moderators should review and give a 50/50 chance to give older topics new life and fresh start ?

To be fair, we often opt for a merge over a lock, if circumstances warrant it.

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

To be fair, we often opt for a merge over a lock, if circumstances warrant it.

Yeah but then our message is being tossed to the bottom of the barrel no one wants to dig through 

It's a thankless job and nobody really likes what we do around here, but we still have to do it all the same. I get a lot of hate for what I do but I've not had any issues with any of the higher ups for it.

Here's an accurate representation of how things are round here over the last few weeks:

Ragnamod.gif

Until Odin comes and tells me I should go to Earth for a bit, I'll keep on going :)

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Yeah but then our message is being tossed to the bottom of the barrel no one wants to dig through 

Maybe. On the other hand, someone's fresh take can revitalize the whole conversation. I've seen posts from users that get ignored until they're merged, and then they flourish. Once they find their way to a conversation people were following, they generate responses they weren't earning on their own.

We try to cultivate an environment where discussion flourishes. Part of that is carving a streamlined path to participation. If the same basic conversation is scattered across multiple areas, it becomes frustrating for someone looking to participate.

... and since we're doing cheeky gifs...

giphy.webp

Oh this cracks me up..cheeky gif inserted, but yeah just some of the posts here in general too funny.

giphy.gif

We don't need a thread for this. If you have a question about threads you are free to PM a member of the forum staff. 

Also as a side note. Cristisim isn't being abusive. There are plenty of ways to criticize without resorting to abusive behavior which is a balance some can't seem to find. I can understand that people are still disappointed however your disappointment does not circumvent the rules. If you are that worked up it's probably best you take a break. I won't mention any names but you know who you are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2