Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@Mawlock and I have been in contact over some legal discussions and have made a rather firm discovery:

As you may know, some years ago, there was a GTA: San Andreas scandal referred to as the "Hot Coffee" involving content that, while completely inaccessible through any normal means and only through hacking, stirred up a fair amount of controversy. Rockstar was forced to discontinue production of the current game, recall all existing unsold copies, and reissue the game with the "hidden" content removed.

What does this have to do with Uber Jason, you ask?

Well, due to the precedent set by the "Hot Coffee" scandal, anything found within the game's code/ files/whatever, regardless of whether it is accessible or not, as long as it is in fact actually there, legally counts as content.

You see, Uber Jason, like the offending gta content, is in the game, but hidden away.

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=DfIf894Ls7A

Again, like GTA, you can hack the game's files and not only find him, but fully play as a nearly finished version of him (only missing sound/music) as well. As such, he indeed counts as content.

And not just content, but content that was made and delivered before the official cut off date, having not only come with the engine update, but passing the patch Certification as well. 

XRkpTQa.png

What this means is that gun media has already given us Uber Jason as far as the law is concerned. 

And by their own admission, they can legally modify any and all content made and given before the June cut-off date, qualifying Uber Jason, who technically but certainly was. 

This means that Gun media could, in fact, actually legally unlock him if they really wanted to. 

Well, I as a fan, want them to Unlock Uber Jason.

Not Just because he was promised to us, and not just because of the cool design, but because he is the last bit of f13th we can ever get in what may very well be the last F13th game we ever get for a long, long time. Maybe ever.

So please, if you too are a loyal and loving Friday the 13th fan, help us spread the word and maybe together we can all share in one last hooray.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread will be deleted. Might wanna save all this information 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

This thread will be deleted. Might wanna save all this information 

I made certain to save it before I ever posted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not complete and they're not going to release him unless he's the entire experience. Wes/Shifty said elsewhere they won't be releasing him. Everyone wants him (including me) but they've told us they're not releasing him, we can't make it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

He's not complete and they're not going to release him unless he's the entire experience. Wes/Shifty said elsewhere they won't be releasing him. Everyone wants him (including me) but they've told us they're not releasing him, we can't make it happen.

He is complete. The only thing that is missing is the soundtrack, other than that you have the fully complete (and functional) model and even full selection of kills. If you think back to last year, J9 did not even have his own music for a long time either. So that part of it is negligible.

What OP says is correct, while the content wasn’t properly released it was technically in the game already. Same as Grendel was but clearly they are not willing to invest any more money into completing it - and it is easy to see why considering they have no more opportunity of regaining it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

He is complete. The only thing that is missing is the soundtrack, other than that you have the fully complete model and even full selection of kills. If you think back to last year, J9 did not even have his own music for a long time either. So that part of it is negligible.

What OP says is correct, while the content wasn’t properly released it was technically in the game already. Same as Grendel was but clearly they are not willing to invest any more money into completing it - and it is easy to see why considering they have no more opportunity of regaining it.

So he isn't complete then. He hasn't got his soundtrack, like every other Jason does. He's incomplete. What if they had more details to go on his face, or his mask or weapon or anything else, as well as the soundtrack? He just isn't ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

So he isn't complete then. He hasn't got his soundtrack, like every other Jason does. He's incomplete. What if they had more details to go on his face, or his mask or weapon or anything else, as well as the soundtrack? He just isn't ready.

Have you personally seen the videos of Uber? I can’t imagine there was any more details required and that is in comparison to the actual movie. Once again, J9 did not have his own music for ages and it wasn’t even an issue.

There is really no good reason why Uber wasn’t released other than perhaps some minor bugs which could’ve been fixed down the line. You can see the evidence for yourself, he performed just fine with no evident problems.

Truth is they didn’t want to spend a dime perfecting anything if there was no possible return for their work. They might fix gamebreaking issues to save face but other than that don’t expect much more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The truth about it actually is that you don't know what they haven't told you. None of us do. There is no truth in assuming something until it's proven to be factual. How do you know how much more was left to be done? None us work on the art or programming or animation teams so it's not up to us to say 'oh well he looks complete, therefore he must be'. He isn't complete, neither is the Grendel or they would have been released. That's why we aren't getting him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, what I'd like to know is why even bother to put him into some hidden files in the first place. What purpose does it serve if its not complete? Was Roy hiding in a load of files in a previous patch, no. 

You'd just release him once it's done not pre- empt him in a patch where data miners would find it, seems odd to me. Anyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Okay, what I'd like to know is why even bother to put him into some hidden files in the first place. What purpose does it serve if its not complete? Was Roy hiding in a load of files in a previous patch, no. 

You'd just release him once it's done not pre- empt him in a patch where data miners would find it, seems odd to me. Anyone? 

I don't think we'll get an answer for that unless one of the higher ups is able to tell us. It sounds like something that only the internal guys at HQ can know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I don't think we'll get an answer for that unless one of the higher ups is able to tell us. It sounds like something that only the internal guys at HQ can know.

Fair enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they don't answer in 15 minutes i'm legally allowed to have uber unlocked 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

As you may know, some years ago, there was a GTA: San Andreas scandal referred to as the "Hot Coffee" involving content that, while completely inaccessible through any normal means and only through hacking, stirred up a fair amount of controversy. Rockstar was forced to discontinue production of the current game, recall all existing unsold copies, and reissue the game with the "hidden" content removed.

That´s not completely Right. Some Version have the sex Things in it. Not every game has to be hacked to unlock ''Hot Coffee''. Actually , my Version has it! But it´s really stupid. 

This also means I don´t have to Downgrade my Version to get some mods. But I think it would have been better if I could have downgraded it because I just can´t get some mods…..

57 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

He is complete. The only thing that is missing is the soundtrack, other than that you have the fully complete (and functional) model and even full selection of kills. If you think back to last year, J9 did not even have his own music for a long time either. So that part of it is negligible. 

I think the kills don´t have a Soundtrack either. 

It is horrible to see some kills without Music (I look at you , Sleeping back kill!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Okay, what I'd like to know is why even bother to put him into some hidden files in the first place. What purpose does it serve if its not complete? Was Roy hiding in a load of files in a previous patch, no. 

You'd just release him once it's done not pre- empt him in a patch where data miners would find it, seems odd to me. Anyone? 

It's likely that he was placed into the game to make future downloads smaller and then when they released the Grendel map, they would just "unlock" him.

As for the music and sounds, they HAVE a plethora of sounds AND music for all the various kills and Jasons, we would just be stuck with re-using them since new music couldn't be used. Coming from someone who has been playing single player extensively, this means very little as of right now all Jasons have the exact same music when you play AS them.

If you just needed to randomly placeholder music for the kills, I'd just take the tune from the Pig Splitter's "slammed and split" kill as it'd work well for most of them (at least the latter half).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

It's likely that he was placed into the game to make future downloads smaller and then when they released the Grendel map, they would just "unlock" him.

That does indeed seem quite likely. Can't say for sure 100% but it's plausible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

The truth about it actually is that you don't know what they haven't told you. None of us do. There is no truth in assuming something until it's proven to be factual. How do you know how much more was left to be done? None us work on the art or programming or animation teams so it's not up to us to say 'oh well he looks complete, therefore he must be'. He isn't complete, neither is the Grendel or they would have been released. That's why we aren't getting him.

Honestly man just look up the videos yourself. Or ask the players that had access to him, by accident for some unknown reason. There is a theory behind why they did but I’m not inclined to discuss it - though he was directly selectable from the menu for those guys. I cannot overstate just how 100% complete he was regardless of music.

This is not the “December” Uber we are talking about who didn’t even have a hit box. This is a fully done version as of last update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen the videos. Still don't work at Gun or IllFonic though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the devs are avoiding this question for a reason. Just my optimism showing, but still. They haven't said a peep about this information since the initial announcement of no content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZillaMeister said:

I feel like the devs are avoiding this question for a reason. Just my optimism showing, but still. They haven't said a peep about this information since the initial announcement of no content.

They also surprised us with the May update.....Only God knows , but we can hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

I feel like the devs are avoiding this question for a reason. Just my optimism showing, but still. They haven't said a peep about this information since the initial announcement of no content.

pretty sure they said there is no uber Jason coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how I see it is uber was in virtual cabin so is already in the game so is the grendal (prob spelled wrong sorry) so they should be able to release both, and since they can fix bugs and things like that, they could release uber and map then work on any fixes to them. just the way I see it , don't see why they cant do this but im not in on all the inside stuff or a lawyer so its what it is I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, agnes said:

pretty sure they said there is no uber Jason coming

They said that, yes. They never said anything about him being technically hidden away in the game files and fully functional within them, thus being able to legally be released. MANY people are asking about this and we haven't received any kind of response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

That does indeed seem quite likely. Can't say for sure 100% but it's plausible.

It's a common practice. I've been in contact with game developers and with the advent of DLC, when they start making it, it's common for the foundation and cornerstones to be included in "balance patches" (which may or may not actually balance the game) that preceded the actual character/map. Many times, this is how "hackers" (people who simply know how to read the actual program files openly viewable in their folder) are able to determine characters before they are in the game as they will have placeholder material. Skarlet from Mortal Kombat 9 was first discovered this way, for example, but was far more incomplete with a great deal of programming defaulting to T poses.

Originally ,the Jason X "hack" was more true to it's name as it required:

[Omitted - Best to avoid telling people how to actually do it]

Since the May update with the engine and the grab and challenges and so on, this has changed. Now, when using a different method to access the files (and in many ways, far simpler), Uber Jason shows up, not as a broken skin forced over another Jason, but as his own character with his own movement files, a weapon that can be swapped with other Jasons (I saw a Savini using the future blade), his own stats (+Grip Strength, +Destruction, +Stun resistance, -Run, -Stalk, -Sense), and not three, but six unique kills.

Perhaps in one of these fix patches, they will sneak him out to us. It's a long shot, but the more people who know he exists and in such a drastically complete state the more we can at least raise awareness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

They said that, yes. They never said anything about him being technically hidden away in the game files and fully functional within them, thus being able to legally be released. MANY people are asking about this and we haven't received any kind of response.

they literally said he is not coming. am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, agnes said:

they literally said he is not coming. am I missing something?

He's not coming, he came.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...