RadikalGamer

Poll: Curious. How many people will stick around and play Friday the 13th the game with updates and dedicated servers but no DLC as confirmed by Wes on twitter?

Will you still be playing Friday the 13th the game with dedicated servers and game updates for bugs etc, but no DLC as Wes has stated there will be no more?  

164 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you still be playing Friday the 13th the game with dedicated servers and game updates for bugs etc, but no DLC as Wes has stated there will be no more?

• Yes, I love the game and I do not care if no DLC is offered as long as they keep the game going with bug fixes etc.
    • No, I will not be playing any longer with no future DLC.
    • Going to have to wait and see what happens with update bug fixes and dedicated servers first, so this is unknown to me at this point if I will still play.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/2018 at 10:00 AM

I will stay as long as they fix the bugs. I didn't care much for the bulk of content anyways, outside of kill packs, Jasons, and the single player stuff. All of the sims style clothes and emotes meant nothing to me then, and mean nothing to me now. It all boils down to if the game continues to be a glitchfest with rainbow blood, action lock glitches, etc. And of course I am of the camp that wants and has wanted dedicated servers since before launch.

Edit: I also care nothing about Jason X. These are just my opinions.

4 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Really? Not even the kills? The kills are fucking awesome. Better than some Single Player Challenges kills. These kills are one of the best and we probably won´t get them…...

7 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I will stay as long as they fix the bugs. I didn't care much for the bulk of content anyways, outside of kill packs, Jasons, and the single player stuff. All of the sims style clothes and emotes meant nothing to me then, and mean nothing to me now. It all boils down to if the game continues to be a glitchfest with rainbow blood, action lock glitches, etc. And of course I am of the camp that wants and has wanted dedicated servers since before launch.

are you crazy, emotes and sims style in this game attract the beautiful girls, if it wasnt for that, there would be men only in the game looooooooool

14 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Really? Not even the kills? The kills are fucking awesome. Better than some Single Player Challenges kills. These kills are one of the best and we probably won´t get them…...

Never cared for Jason meets Star Trek as a movie, much less the way he looks etc. Never liked it when horror movies try to jump into the space/sci-fi realm.

13 minutes ago, HailWotan88 said:

are you crazy, emotes and sims style in this game attract the beautiful girls, if it wasnt for that, there would be men only in the game looooooooool

I am a married man, who cares nothing about flirting with little girls and teens online. I play this game to play Friday the 13th, not sims or dance dance revolution.

Edit: The little girls flocking do not excite me in the least. I would rather play the game with fans of the franchise.

7 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Never cared for Jason meets Star Trek as a movie, much less the way he looks etc. Never liked it when horror movies try to jump into the space/sci-fi realm.

Well , the Machete X/Uber-Machete kills have Nothing to do with space , soooo….

Two of them I think are even a bit inspired by the 2009 Reboot.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , the Machete X/Uber-Machete kills have Nothing to do with space , soooo….

No but his model does. I think that Jason looked ridiculous. Again just my opinion, but I hated that movie, and the futuristic Uber Jason. The fact that he was going to be added never was a big thing for me. I prefer the other Jasons. I like sci fi, I like horror, but what I do not like is when a good horror franchise is thrown in sci-fi to try and boost sales. It is always cheesy looking and usually hurts the franchise more than it boosts it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

No but his model does. I think that Jason looked ridiculous. Again just my opinion, but I hated that movie, and the futuristic Uber Jason. The fact that he was going to be added never was a big thing for me. I prefer the other Jasons. I like sci fi, I like horror, but what I do not like is when a good horror franchise is thrown in sci-fi to try and boost sales. It is always cheesy looking and usually hurts the franchise more than it boosts it.

I think JGTH hurt it the most lol jason was barely in it, it was mostly random ppl an the demon worm thing, Jason X gave hope to some fans after that like myself lol but by no means was it the best

• Like 2

Despite the idiocy surrounding this game's producers, I'll stick around as long as there is a community. But you can forget about any future projects getting my support. No, not just the Savini Jason issue (and yes, they are still 100% in the wrong about that regardless of what they and their defenders proclaim), but just everything in general.

But on the somewhat, sort of, kind of, maybe bright side, I guess there won't be any excuse for why they won't be able to fix a lot of the glitches and issues with this game as that's all they can do with the game at this point.

5 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

I think JGTH hurt it the most lol jason was barely in it, it was mostly random ppl an the demon worm thing, Jason X gave hope to some fans after that like myself lol but by no means was it the best

X is my least favorite followed by JGTH but part 9 is infinitely better in my opinion, even with all of it's flaws.

Edit: And according to the numbers

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Friday-the-13th#tab=summary

The worst selling one just by box office numbers alone was Jason X.

Yeah, I did not care for Jason X or the look of either version of Jason that was presented in that movie. But still it was more content this game sorely needed. Now we're not getting it. But the last Friday the 13th movie, despite the flaws it has, was Part 8. After that, the films lost a lot of the appeal that makes for a good Friday the 13th movie. While it's not the only issue, it good part of it has to do with the 80's. Friday the 13th just doesn't work outside of that time period. It's a huge part of the identity of the series.

1 minute ago, Zentorno said:

Yeah, I did not care for Jason X or the look of either version of Jason that was presented in that movie. But still it was more content this game sorely needed. Now we're not getting it. But the last Friday the 13th movie, despite the flaws it has, was Part 8. After that, the films lost a lot of the appeal that makes for a good Friday the 13th movie. While it's not the only issue, it good part of it has to do with the 80's. Friday the 13th just doesn't work outside of that time period. It's a huge part of the identity of the series.

I actually think trying to reboot everything and change the original lore hurts more than anything. It confuses and upsets that core fanbase, and divides them against the new fanbase they are trying to grow.

Jason X holds a special place in my heart because it was the first time I saw Jason on the big screen. JGTH also holds a special place because I stood outside the Voorhees House and walked around it.

4 hours ago, Zentorno said:

Watch Never Hike Alone

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

Jason X holds a special place in my heart because it was the first time I saw Jason on the big screen. JGTH also holds a special place because I stood outside the Voorhees House and walked around it.

Being able to walk around that Voorhees house would be badass.

If I remade the series I would explain why Jason cant die and the origins of the Crystal Lake death curse. I would also include Elias Voorhees.

3 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Being able to walk around that Voorhees house would be badass.

Yeah I want to go back and see it with fresh eyes. My fake uncle's brother owned that house when they shot the movie.

The only F13 i have not seen is the 2009? reboot

I haven't played this game in almost a month since the engine update ruined everything. If they actually fix all the big bugs I'll play the game, but nowhere near as much as I did when the game had a future.

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

I am a married man, who cares nothing about flirting with little girls and teens online. I play this game to play Friday the 13th, not sims or dance dance revolution.

Edit: The little girls flocking do not excite me in the least. I would rather play the game with fans of the franchise.

So you didn't love Leprechaun In Space?

5 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

So you didn't love Leprechaun In Space?

No. Hell I didn't even like the prior leprechaun movies, much less in space.

Mr. Mercury ain't going anywhere darling. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

No. Hell I didn't even like the prior leprechaun movies, much less in space.

Not even Hellraiser: Bloodline?!

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not even Hellraiser: Bloodline?!

Nope, that movie was promising up until they went deep space 9. Again, these are just my opinions.

Edit: And judging by box office numbers in the franchises that tried to move into space, I am not alone as a die hard fan when it comes to my opinion.

• Sad 1

I do not like how gushingly positive the yes option is, but I do like it and it is fun. 

If they aren't feeding us lines of bs and are going to patch it to the state it should have been a year ago, yes I will continue to play. 

While I think Uber Jason is cool I think the lack of maps is more detrimental than no more kills, Jasons, or counselors. Hell I went into the cemetary for my last hurrah against a jason that had a hard on for me in hopes to die on the posts (one of the coolest but never seen kills). Instead he grabs me and as I am telling him the cool kill is the fence he chokes me to death...lame.

This game does not need more kills ect. (There is plenty of that). It needs more players and less dumb ones. Those arent going to come unless they patch it correctly.

With the right people this game is so much fun. If it worked properly it would be much more fun with randoms. It has a great atmosphere that isnt yet replicated the same by any other game.

It is just suffering right now because it is tied to an IP the devs dont own and their inability to patch stuff. 

I am not playing as much right now as I was before the last patch. Group members getting booted when entering a lobby is very frustrating... and playing with friends is the best part of the game... but not the only good part.
   I am still here... hunting wabbits… or trying to avoid gruesome, bloody death at the hands of that guy in the hockey mask... to the End.

• Like 1