RadikalGamer

Poll: Curious. How many people will stick around and play Friday the 13th the game with updates and dedicated servers but no DLC as confirmed by Wes on twitter?

Will you still be playing Friday the 13th the game with dedicated servers and game updates for bugs etc, but no DLC as Wes has stated there will be no more?  

164 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you still be playing Friday the 13th the game with dedicated servers and game updates for bugs etc, but no DLC as Wes has stated there will be no more?

• Yes, I love the game and I do not care if no DLC is offered as long as they keep the game going with bug fixes etc.
    • No, I will not be playing any longer with no future DLC.
    • Going to have to wait and see what happens with update bug fixes and dedicated servers first, so this is unknown to me at this point if I will still play.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/2018 at 10:00 AM

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

No. Hell I didn't even like the prior leprechaun movies, much less in space.

Lol. Just thought I'd check.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I do not like how gushingly positive the yes option is, but I do like it and it is fun. 

If they aren't feeding us lines of bs and are going to patch it to the state it should have been a year ago, yes I will continue to play. 

While I think Uber Jason is cool I think the lack of maps is more detrimental than no more kills, Jasons, or counselors. Hell I went into the cemetary for my last hurrah against a jason that had a hard on for me in hopes to die on the posts (one of the coolest but never seen kills). Instead he grabs me and as I am telling him the cool kill is the fence he chokes me to death...lame.

This game does not need more kills ect. (There is plenty of that). It needs more players and less dumb ones. Those arent going to come unless they patch it correctly.

With the right people this game is so much fun. If it worked properly it would be much more fun with randoms. It has a great atmosphere that isnt yet replicated the same by any other game.

It is just suffering right now because it is tied to an IP the devs dont own and their inability to patch stuff. 

They are allowed to fix bugs and perform maintenance.  IMO the overwhelming negative response (which is understandable, it was a shock and people react emotionally), on top of losing control of their game to a lawsuit they can't control has probably made them feel really shaken too. We need to let them know we're here for them and this amazing game. They will be much more inclined to fix it if they have people to fix it for...

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I am not playing as much right now as I was before the last patch. Group members getting booted when entering a lobby is very frustrating... and playing with friends is the best part of the game... but not the only good part.
   I am still here... hunting wabbits… or trying to avoid gruesome, bloody death at the hands of that guy in the hockey mask... to the End.

That's what I like to hear!

#CantKillJason 

14 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

I've been around since day one of the beta, gonna keep stalking the lake.

14 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

Same.

14 hours ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

As will I! Outweigh the naysayers. I consider you true fans my Friday family... the Friday family won't ever quit.

Ditto.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

The only F13 i have not seen is the 2009? reboot

It´s on Netflix. I think it´s a Pretty good one. But I also like Jason X , so don´t Count on me. But it´s definitely better than Rob Zombie´s Halloween.....much better.

27 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

It´s on Netflix. I think it´s a Pretty good one. But I also like Jason X , so don´t Count on me. But it´s definitely better than Rob Zombie´s Halloween.....much better.

Not in the United States. It is available on HBO though.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Not in the United States. It is available on HBO though.

Oh , I didn´t know that , my fault.

But you have Jason X , Right?

5 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Oh , I didn´t know that , my fault.

But you have Jason X , Right?

Afraid not. It's on Starz though. Actually all 10 films + the reboot are on streaming services ATM, but who needs 'em when you have DVDs. 

• Like 1

I quit playing mainly because the host keeps leaving or the connection times out. Once we get dedicated servers, I'll probably play more.

14 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I quit playing mainly because the host keeps leaving or the connection times out. Once we get dedicated servers, I'll probably play more.

same here im just gonna see how theyll fix their entire game first. if it aint better in a few months im probably out for good

I certainly care about DLC, but I'll still play. I'm gonna get that 100 boat repairs thing if it's the last thing I do, and probably will be.

• Like 1

I will continue to play until the servers shut down. I’ve said that before and I’ll say it again. The game is way too much fun.

Nothing can deny how disappointed I am that new DLC isn’t coming. We all feel a little sick because of it I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I certainly care about DLC, but I'll still play. I'm gonna get that 100 boat repairs thing if it's the last thing I do, and probably will be.

I played for the first time in a couple of weeks last night just so I could work towards counselor badges, because I wanna get them all before “retiring.”

With the disappointing news, I just can't seem to bring myself to play the game anymore. I like the game a lot, but with pretty much nothing to look forward to anymore, other than dedicated servers of course, I just have no drive to get back into the game. I hope things change, but right now, the future of this game looks very bleak indeed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

With the disappointing news, I just can't seem to bring myself to play the game anymore. I like the game a lot, but with pretty much nothing to look forward to anymore, other than dedicated servers of course, I just have no drive to get back into the game. I hope things change, but right now, the future of this game looks very bleak indeed.

I know what you mean but I've had to bring myself to playing only counselors as often as possible to maximize my enjoyment of that component of the game before it disappears completely. When all is said and done we are losing 50%+ of the game, so even though I don't really always want to, I feel compelled to get it while the getting's good.

I'm going to keep playing cause lets ALL be honest with each other. Who in the hell has ever said they wanted paid DLC? We got more free things that they could have easily forced us to pay for I.E. Part 4, Retro, Part 5 Jasons, Mitch, Shelly, Fox, Victoria, All the maps could have been locked behind a paywall like most games have these days its silly to believe that no new stuff would make me just uninstall the game.

• Like 1

Can we all agree there's only one "pole" we need around here, and it's got nothing to do with the incessant polling going on around here?

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Can we all agree there's only one "pole" we need around here, and it's got nothing to do with the incessant polling going on around here?

North Pole?;)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, vaporeonlover971 said:

I'm going to keep playing cause lets ALL be honest with each other. Who in the hell has ever said they wanted paid DLC? We got more free things that they could have easily forced us to pay for I.E. Part 4, Retro, Part 5 Jasons, Mitch, Shelly, Fox, Victoria, All the maps could have been locked behind a paywall like most games have these days its silly to believe that no new stuff would make me just uninstall the game.

The rationale, as I see it, is that any paid DLC was not for the content of the DLC pack(s) themselves but rather for sustained longevity of the game as a whole. It's why I've seen some people say that the kill packs etc. are not worth it considering the content contained but I'd think it was an added bonus contribution to keep the wheels turning for the free content.

But I suppose it really doesn't matter much now.

48 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

North Pole?;)

Wow, that's old-school, right there.  Like, VHS Tape old-school.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

Exactly how I feel. Their next game might not even do that much good in sales, so who really knows how long they can even make enough revenue to keep their servers online.

Yes...I will keep playing. I enjoy the game a lot. No new content, was a big downer, yet, I’m hoping that this game gets fixed. They keep clarifying that dedicated servers will come, yet I’m doubtful. Who knows. We shall all find out, down the road. 

With no new content, 0 bugs, no animation clipping/issues, combat balancing, improved AI and a Roy rework this game easily gets 4/5 and will draw in the new blood so desperately needed.

As incredibly disappointed about the lack of any future content ever as I am, I'll keep playing this game until it shuts down for good.

That said, I'll be playing it a lot less until (I'm the optimistic sort) they fix the game-breaking bugs and add dedicated servers.