Jump to content
The Gunslinger

How much time we have before the servers are closed?

Recommended Posts

They stopped adding new content.     Thats not the end of the world....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll say the servers will stay open through the Holiday season.  The game will be heavily discounted then.  Depending on holiday sales will determine how much longer the servers will stay up.  A good holiday season and the game will make it to about this time next year.  A poor holiday season and we're looking at maybe February. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Loading said:

They should keep the p2p going while dedicated servers goes offline.

what dedicated servers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There'll be a few last pushes for sales all platforms which will generate some revenue but I'd be surprised if console even got servers, it makes zero sense with a game that's got no future.

Unless gun see on there side that there's literally thousands and thousands logging in and playing on console daily, why would they bother? - if its as expensive to run as people say. I have no idea on server costs so perhaps someone who does could shed light on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others said probably end of 18 early 19, dedicated servers will not save the game, its only going to shorten the lifespan since they cost more, ppl seem to think a game with no revenue can go on forever which yes some can like say mw2 is still up as far as i know BUT thats a huge company with many different games so its easy for them an as stated 100's of times in the past on these forums "The devs are small"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just chiming in to say that I agree with the "and of 18 or early 19" statements. Who knows? If the lawsuit is settled by that point, maybe they will keep the servers open and work on a sequel to the game. (I know there's a thread on that topic.) I'm just an optimistic fan that doesn't want the game to end, even though content wise it has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be surprised if this game got support into August before they just shut everything off.

You'll never get the console dedicated servers.

You'll never get Jason X OR his weapon OR his kills.

You'll never get your profile to be saved offline, so you'll be stuck at rank 0 with Part 3 and Part 5 jasons (and savini if applicable), the choke kill and one weapon kill.

They have made it apparent that they don't give a damn and questions to serious topics, such as the legal situation of just UNLOCKING Uber Jason before June passes, are being locked and closed so that no one has to actually answer it ( @Kodiak I mean you).

And yeah, I read that bit: "We can't add one tree or one rock." That's fine, I get that, but what if the "rock" or "tree" is already there, but invisible? 

They said it themselves that they can "modify content that is already in the game but they can't ADD anything new."

Well, I want an answer to that, and if I have to start piggybacking on every hot topic we got here to bring it up, so be it.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I'd be surprised if this game got support into August before they just shut everything off.

You'll never get the console dedicated servers.

You'll never get Jason X OR his weapon OR his kills.

You'll never get your profile to be saved offline, so you'll be stuck at rank 0 with Part 3 and Part 5 jasons (and savini if applicable), the choke kill and one weapon kill.

They have made it apparent that they don't give a damn and questions to serious topics, such as the legal situation of just UNLOCKING Uber Jason before June passes, are being locked and closed so that no one has to actually answer it ( @Kodiak I mean you).

And yeah, I read that bit: "We can't add one tree or one rock." That's fine, I get that, but what if the "rock" or "tree" is already there, but invisible? 

They said it themselves that they can "modify content that is already in the game but they can't ADD anything new."

Well, I want an answer to that, and if I have to start piggybacking on every hot topic we got here to bring it up, so be it.

Yes, and Jason X IS in the game. I can hack the files and freely play as him right now.

Due to the precedent set by the "Hot Coffee" scandal,  anything found within the game's code/files/whatever, regardless of whether it is accessible or not, as long as it is in fact actually there, legally counts as content.

Since you can hack the files and not only find him, but fully play as him, he counts as content.

And not just content, but content that was delivered before the official cut off date, meaning that gun media has already given us Uber Jason as far as the law is concerned. 

By their own admission, they can legally modify pre-existing content, meaning they could, in fact, unlock him if they really wanted to. 

But they don't want to. They aren't just lazy and incompetent, but they are assholes, too.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

Yes, and Jason X IS in the game. I can hack the files and freely play as him right now.

Due to the precedent set by the "Hot Coffee" scandal,  anything found within the game's code/files/whatever, regardless of whether it is accessible or not, as long as it is in fact actually there, legally counts as content.

Since you can hack the files and not only find him, but fully play as him, he counts as content.

And not just content, but content that was delivered before the official cut off date, meaning that gun media has already given us Uber Jason as far as the law is concerned. 

By their own admission, they can legally modify pre-existing content, meaning they could, in fact, unlock him if they really wanted to. 

But they don't want to. They aren't just lazy and incompetent, but they are assholes, too.

That's what I'm honesly thinking. We got him in May, he just isn't unlocked.

By the same admission, we have the kill packs and in the F13 Killer Puzzle by Blue Wizard, the weapons you can get are in the game ,just locked, but the RNG gods may choose to never give them to you from the lootboxes. All of the stuff is in the game, so therefore, the "invisible tree" is still something that can be messed with since, by admission of the devs, something already there can be messed with.

Who knows, maybe the devs will suddenly surprise me and when they activate the next patch, they will unlock Uber and activate the kills for the future blade, but at this point I doubt it, especially with the mods here damage controlling so hard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I actually think 2 years at least. That´s atleast my opinion.

2 years?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I really gotta hustle to get all of those achievements before it's too late. Real life priorities be damned, I say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

They have made it apparent that they don't give a damn and questions to serious topics, such as the legal situation of just UNLOCKING Uber Jason before June passes, are being locked and closed so that no one has to actually answer it ( @Kodiak I mean you).

Read Wes' statement, he's told you what he can about why Uber can't be added to the game. He said it himself, not me. You've got your answer from him, he doesn't have to delve deep into details about it. Accept what he's said and just move on and if they choose to answer your questions (they are not legally bound to answer your questions by the way, it's their choice if they want to), then you can talk to the staff more about it. Pestering people with dozens of questions and then going 'oh why won't they answer' contradicts this rule: 

Excessive Username Tagging: Please refrain from tagging developers/admins/mods excessively to gain their attention. A PM will suffice, and if they are unable to respond, please do allow time. We ask that you please be courteous when talking to the team as we receive a large quantity of messages each day.

Ask them. If you don't get an answer, then you don't get an answer. I know they want to answer people's questions but the actuality of it is that there are just far too many and far much stuff that's going on currently. Give them some time.

Also, my job as a mod isn't going to change so there's no point in calling me out on it. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Read Wes' statement, he's told you what he can about why Uber can't be added to the game. He said it himself, not me. You've got your answer from him, he doesn't have to delve deep into details about it. Accept what he's said and just move on and if they choose to answer your questions (they are not legally bound to answer your questions by the way, it's their choice if they want to), then you can talk to the staff more about it. Pestering people with dozens of questions and then going 'oh why won't they answer' contradicts this rule: 

Excessive Username Tagging: Please refrain from tagging developers/admins/mods excessively to gain their attention. A PM will suffice, and if they are unable to respond, please do allow time. We ask that you please be courteous when talking to the team as we receive a large quantity of messages each day.

Ask them. If you don't get an answer, then you don't get an answer. I know they want to answer people's questions but the actuality of it is that there are just far too many and far much stuff that's going on currently. Give them some time.

Also, my job as a mod isn't going to change so there's no point in calling me out on it. 

Good thing I only ever tagged you once, so I can't be blamed for tagging abuse.

And you keep saying he answered the question, but it hasn't been answered, hence me asking it, but fine, you want me to hound that thread, I'll hound it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's told you what he can about it and the simple answer is that future content is not happening because of these legal issues. Asking a dozen questions and pestering until they're answered about why can't this or that can't be done is not going to change anything at all. It will not change and if it ever does, they'll tell us.

If it's a question about 'why can't you have Uber/this or that in the game', then it's probably because he's in a position where he can't tell you. Some things aren't for us to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...