The Gunslinger

How much time we have before the servers are closed?

32 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

This has always been the most heavily “moderated” message board I’ve ever been a part of. Some of it is warranted, but it’s absurd that any dissenting opinion is removed. 

It's not about dissenting opinions, it's the way that people choose to express them. Just post in the right place and post in a way that's constructive to read. That's all there is to it, but when people get angry they tend to express that more than anything else. Displeasure with something can be expressed without unnecessary amounts of anger, obscenity or negativity.

You can even message a post to me before you make the thread and ask if there's anything wrong with it. I'll have a look and tell you if there is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Corkenstein said:

e06.gif

Damn you!!! I just was about to use this, but was checking. Yeah @Kodiak, 'Murica. Even if you're not from here lmao. 

• Like 1

You can even message a post to me before you make the thread and ask if there's anything wrong with it. I'll have a look and tell you if there is.

Wow , really? That´s cool! I´ll definitely Keep that in mind , if I am not sure.

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

It's not about dissenting opinions, it's the way that people choose to express them. Just post in the right place and post in a way that's constructive to read. That's all there is to it, but when people get angry they tend to express that more than anything else. Displeasure with something can be expressed without unnecessary amounts of anger, obscenity or negativity.

Gotta maintain respect for that authoritiiiiiiiieeee. God forbid people get the wrong idea about this game.  Damn lowly commoners might suspect it’s a buggy mess that was cancelled at a very opportunistic time after the devs never lived up to their roadmap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Servers going down? I only know one company that does that on a regular basis and thats EA shuting down every sports tittles online servers every 2 years. 

1 minute ago, vaporeonlover971 said:

Servers going down? I only know one company that does that on a regular basis and thats EA shuting down every sports tittles online servers every 2 years. 

This game wont even make 2 years, we are just barely over1 year so far

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Not to seem out of line here, but honestly doesn't that fall a bit in line with censorship?  Doesn't that totally defeat the purpose?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

depending on if they are in the works on another title i would say a year after the "dedicated servers" are released. heres why. that gives them a full year to "beta test" the servers and work out the bugs that more than likely are goin to come with them and get the servers ready for their next title then shut down f13

8 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

Not to seem out of line here, but honestly doesn't that fall a bit in line with censorship?  Doesn't that totally defeat the purpose?

Don't be so silly. It's asking for a post to be reviewed and nothing more. Rules are rules, do you have a problem with them?

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Don't be so silly. It's asking for a post to be reviewed and nothing more. Rules are rules, do you have a problem with them?

It was never a rule. I think you've gotten brainwashed, listen type in the letter A if your being held hostages and brainwashed 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

What I'm saying is if you send me a post and ask 'is there anything wrong with this', I'll simply point out a way you can rephrase it. If you post it and it gets removed then it contained something that was against the rules. It's literally just 'can you take a look at this for me?' if you're unsure.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that some of you feel like you got "ripped off" or didn't get your money's worth for this game. It was $40! You guys act like it literally cost an arm and a leg....

I know we've been jerked around a bit and the game has never been truly "finished", but how many of us have logged over (some WELL over) 100 hours playing? Even this forum is an extension of that. 

If Gun or Illfonic decide to make another game based on an iconic movie killer....take my money.    

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

Really dude? :D 

Guy was just offering a hand if you´re unsure about your post. Not bad advise considering. Though ofcourse you can always call "sarcasm".

The way alot of the conversation is going (not just this thread), soon we will be talking about about hate speach, safespaces, professional victimism and microaggressions... Just out of curiosity, can I shout "holy shit!" without insulting someones religious beliefs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

I'm still finding it hard to believe that some of you feel like you got "ripped off" or didn't get your money's worth for this game. It was $40! You guys act like it literally cost an arm and a leg....

I know we've been jerked around a bit and the game has never been truly "finished", but how many of us have logged over (some WELL over) 100 hours playing? Even this forum is an extension of that. 

If Gun or Illfonic decide to make another game based on an iconic movie killer....take my money.    

I'm finding it hard to believe anyone on console doesn't feel ripped off.  The game was literally cancelled before they even made it possible to play online and not have a, by my estimate, 70-90% chance that if a player was selected as Jason they would have counselor's quit or worse yet, the actual host quit.  Even from the counselor perspective, they literally cancelled before they ever rectified the significant chance that waiting 5-10 minutes in a lobby, and playing for 20 minutes, would be all for nothing when a host quit.

I'll give you that the game could be a ton of fun when you had a good lobby.  But after a week or so, the most intense part of the game was waiting to see if the host would quit.  And before that ever was fixed, the game was cancelled for reasons they should have anticipated and disclosed the risk of before it even launched.  

• Like 3

On 6/24/2018 at 10:27 AM, AldermachXI said:

Why post here at all anymore?

I think 50% of the post I've made since the "announcement" have been deleted, whether it was a controversial comment or simply one of many deleted in deleted threads. There's clearly a narrative they don't want to see discussed on the forums. I actually suspect it's only a matter of time until the whole thing is deleted.

No use in discussing "What if the lawsuit..." or "Why can't they just release...". None of that is gonna happen. It's over. Best we can hope for is a few solid fixes before we're left to it. And my expectations there are dead low.

I'm just ready to let it die at this point. A lot of games become memories. Just add this one to the list.

You make me feel sad with your realistic and completely understandable views...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

Dedicated servers arent up yet so...

tenor.gif?itemid=9848405

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, UNDFTD said:

You make me feel sad with your realistic and completely understandable views...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

giphy.gif

Lmao, sometimes the news is just heavy and some people can't handle it.

Am I the only one that thinks there will only be 1 more patch to come for this game? I suspect that the next patch will include the fixes for the half a dozen items that shifty listed as major, and that will be all the attention this game gets because the devs have already got their next project in the works.

I know they saidthey are working on dedicated servers but they've been saying that for a long time now, and I'm not convinced they are coming. They can say it all they want but I won't believe it till I see it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Am I the only one that thinks there will only be 1 more patch to come for this game? I suspect that the next patch will include the fixes for the half a dozen items that shifty listed as major, and that will be all the attention this game gets because the devs have already got their next project in the works.

I know they saidthey are working on dedicated servers but they've been saying that for a long time now, and I'm not convinced they are coming. They can say it all they want but I won't believe it till I see it.

You are not alone at all.

23 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

im more about client side saving, yes i said it

no matter what they do, if we cant save on our side then everything they do is pointless because everything i do will be pointless when the severs go down

8 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

im more about client side saving, yes i said it

no matter what they do, if we cant save on our side then everything they do is pointless because everything i do will be pointless when the severs go down

I agree this is something that needs to be done, but their hostility towards discussion about it leads me to believe they have no intention of putting resources towards it. I think that they are on a schedule to accomplish a list of things, and when that list is complete they are done. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

I don't feel "ripped off" as much as I feel "let down". I enjoyed what we've gotten from the game. There was the potential for so much more, but it is what it is.I'll still play here and there until the servers shut down for good.

13 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

Really dude? :D 

Guy was just offering a hand if you´re unsure about your post. Not bad advise considering. Though ofcourse you can always call "sarcasm".

The way alot of the conversation is going (not just this thread), soon we will be talking about about hate speach, safespaces, professional victimism and microaggressions... Just out of curiosity, can I shout "holy shit!" without insulting someones religious beliefs?

People are set off by the simplest of posts these days. The thing I've learned about this particular forum, is that you have to have a fairly thick skin, and not take everything said personally. Some people post with class, some with humor, and some with outright hatred. I do agree with some people here. It's not what you say, but how you say it.

1 hour ago, AdmiralJT said:

Read my post on page two.  That's my best bet on what will happen.  One or two more patches so they can look like "Good Guy Gun" with a couple of sales, then they will end it.