The Gunslinger

How much time we have before the servers are closed?

4 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

(insert Michael Jackson "Popcorn" Meme here) michael-jackson-came-for-comments.gif

Done. 

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

He's told you what he can about it and the simple answer is that future content is not happening because of these legal issues. Asking a dozen questions and pestering until they're answered about why can't this or that can't be done is not going to change anything at all. It will not change and if it ever does, they'll tell us.

If it's a question about 'why can't you have Uber/this or that in the game', then it's probably because he's in a position where he can't tell you. Some things aren't for us to know.

I'll agree that they cant get to every answer, but when we paid money for a product that will potentially become useless, we have a right to keep asking till we get an answer, im mainly talking more of a client side save, which is a huge issue for me, if everything i've done becomes useless bc everytime I load up the game i'll be rank 1 with none of my unlocks let alone all the dlc i've bought i will complain, this is why i dont put money into online only games bc when it shuts down what do I have to show for it? Honestly if i would have realized there wasnt a client side save befoe i bought the game an all its dlc they wouldnt have seen a penny from me.  An if the rules say dont bother the team about issues then I will never buy another thing from these people. I know im not alone in this, imagine if back when microsoft wanted drm an we didnt keep pestering them...If a company is willing to take my money for their product they can expect to hear our thoughts regardless of any "Dont pester us" an lastly no, "Some things aren't for us to know" if someting affects my product i bought with my money, i expect to know the reason or anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I say three months or four months maybe less. 

My guess is they will release a patch or two to be "Good Guy Gun", then have a console sale or two maybe one more PC sale just to squeeze out some last revenue, then shut it down.  Then in their pity party speech, they will cite the lawsuit as the main reason why and how it just isnt feasible despite their best intentions and hopes which they hope we will understand.  They will remind everyone how much they really wanted to continue and talk about how much we all meant to them while plugging their new project (which more info might be available by then) hoping we would be dumb enough to spend money on them again.  

Again, just hypotheticals but given Guns track record, I wouldn't be surprised.  

• Like 4

That is a good question. I think the servers will stay up as long as there are people to play the game. Recently I attempted to get a match going on Alien vs. Predator 2010 on ps3. I actually got in and owned a pair of Predators as the Marine. Not to mention people are still playing Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. We will see. But if the servers get shut down at the end of the year I would have to say that Pappus was right and the game was a scam designed to sell fast and die hard.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

That is a good question. I think the servers will stay up as long as there are people to play the game. Recently I attempted to get a match going on Alien vs. Predator 2010 on ps3. I actually got in and owned a pair of Predators as the Marine. Not to mention people are still playing Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. We will see. But if the servers get shut down at the end of the year I would have to say that Pappus was right and the game was a scam designed to sell fast and die hard.

1 thing ppl are not seein about this server shutdown is this, those games are made by big developers with big publishers, they can keep servers goin bc their other products allow it bc they get income from them, F13 is all these people really have, theres dead nation i guess but how much do u really hear about it? After a lil time passes theres no more money to be made unless a new game comes out an with their rep i think it would do poorly, sry but its the hard truth, but with no money comin in, they will lose money from keeping it goin therefore shutdown

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeadlyD said:

1 thing ppl are not seein about this server shutdown is this, those games are made by big developers with big publishers, they can keep servers goin bc their other products allow it bc they get income from them, F13 is all these people really have, theres dead nation i guess but how much do u really hear about it? After a lil time passes theres no more money to be made unless a new game comes out an with their rep i think it would do poorly, sry but its the hard truth, but with no money comin in, they will lose money from keeping it goin therefore shutdown

So what you're saying is we need a kickstarter or gofundme for dedicated servers for the consoles?

56 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

So what you're saying is we need a kickstarter or gofundme for dedicated servers for the consoles?

No i was just explaing why some games can stay online years after they release an why F13 is coming to an end only 1 maybe (Extreme maybe) 2 years after release

14 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

No i was just explaing why some games can stay online years after they release an why F13 is coming to an end only 1 maybe (Extreme maybe) 2 years

I got what you were saying.

Yeah screw this, after the multiple times Gun Media dropped the ball with this game and screwed over backers, non backers, new and old players across multiple platforms, I'm pretty confident they're just a one hit wonder game company. After this is done unless theirnext projects completely blows my mind, I won't be sinking money into anything with their name attached again...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

I'll agree that they cant get to every answer, but when we paid money for a product that will potentially become useless, we have a right to keep asking till we get an answer, 

Not on here you don't. There are rules here. What you do off the forums is your business but things are different here. There are no rights involved on this forum, it says in the rules that membership here is a privilege and not a right. You can 'expect' what you want but it isn't going to change anything just because you're expecting something. If a more detailed answer can't be given then you're just going to have to wait.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Regardless of how long the servers stay up both GunMedia and Illfonic will never make another dime on me in the future. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Not on here you don't. There are rules here. What you do off the forums is your business but things are different here. There are no rights involved on this forum, it says in the rules that membership here is a privilege and not a right. You can 'expect' what you want but it isn't going to change anything just because you're expecting something. If a more detailed answer can't be given then you're just going to have to wait.

Im not gonna keep this up, but ima say 1 last thing, you are cutting them way too much slack, idk if its bc your a mod or not but trust me you will see many people constantly asking the same questions till they are answered, an after this yes gun/ill will not see another penny from me ever, its a privilege for them we bought the game an were passionate enough to give feedback not the other way around, we paid for this game twice, kickstarter and full release so no its not a privilege for us to be here its a privilege for them

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kodiak said:

wow I thought this was America, can say anything. on some things I don't get all the backlash at u guys. some I get and is understandable, I love this game bugs n all since I got it its all i play . so mod  our free speech should not be allowed wow i wasn't mad at u all till this to me seeing that comment hit me

8 minutes ago, rcjr68 said:

wow I thought this was America, can say anything. on some things I don't get all the backlash at u guys. some I get and is understandable, I love this game bugs n all since I got it its all i play . so mod  our free speech should not be allowed wow i wasn't mad at u all till this to me seeing that comment hit me

A forum on the internet isn't 'America'. This is a forum, not a country. You follow the rules set by the people who own the forum. Other people say 'oh well freedom of speech means I can say what I want on the internet'. Sure, say what you want, but if you do something that's against the rules and you get banned for it then that'd be your problem.

Pretty simple, is it not? And do other video game forums have rules you're expected to follow when you sign up? They sure do and it's no different here.

Speaking of rules, you haven't read them. You haven't done the one thing you're meant to do when you sign up, so please do me a favor and go back and read them. You'll find out what you're supposed to do.

• Like 1

You guys need to relax. I just had a thread deleted, and you don't see me crying about my nonexistent rights. 

PS. I figure I know why it was deleted but I thought it would do more harm to not post it. People need catharsis and trolls would find it anyway. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You guys need to relax. I just had a thread deleted, and you don't see me crying about my nonexistent rights. 

PS. I figure I know why it was deleted but I thought it would do more harm to not post it. People need catharsis and trolls would fine it anyway. 

To be honest I figured that some people might post some pretty nasty things in there so I'm just trying to avoid that :) As always it's nothing personal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Regardless of how long the servers stay up both GunMedia and Illfonic will never make another dime on me in the future. 

Me either.   I don't care what game they are involved with in the future.  If it is a Halloween game, nightmare on elm Street, hellraiser, etc, they will never see another dime from me personally.  Dead alliance was like three bucks at one point in the psn store and I just laughed.  I wouldn't even buy it at that price knowing who made it.  Gun is currently working on a new game and it is already blacklisted for me.  I don't care how good it may or may not be.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadlyD said:

after this yes gun/ill will not see another penny from me ever,

same here, I will not spend even a cent on anything coming from them, I would say the reasons but Kodiak would delete the whole thread

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HailWotan88 said:

same here, I will not spend even a cent on anything coming from them, I would say the reasons but Kodiak would delete the whole thread

You can state your reasons with an appropriately titled thread in the feedback section. Just post rationally, sensibly and follow the rules, and don't make it a hate speech because nobody wants to see or read that kinda stuff. I only remove content that's not in line with what's expected of members. 

• Thanks 1

Why post here at all anymore?

I think 50% of the post I've made since the "announcement" have been deleted, whether it was a controversial comment or simply one of many deleted in deleted threads. There's clearly a narrative they don't want to see discussed on the forums. I actually suspect it's only a matter of time until the whole thing is deleted.

No use in discussing "What if the lawsuit..." or "Why can't they just release...". None of that is gonna happen. It's over. Best we can hope for is a few solid fixes before we're left to it. And my expectations there are dead low.

I'm just ready to let it die at this point. A lot of games become memories. Just add this one to the list.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rcjr68 said:

e06.gif

7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Why post here at all anymore?

I think 50% of the post I've made since the "announcement" have been deleted, whether it was a controversial comment or simply one of many deleted in deleted threads. There's clearly a narrative they don't want to see discussed on the forums. I actually suspect it's only a matter of time until the whole thing is deleted.

No use in discussing "What if the lawsuit..." or "Why can't they just release...". None of that is gonna happen. It's over. Best we can hope for is a few solid fixes before we're left to it. And my expectations there are dead low.

I'm just ready to let it die at this point. A lot of games become memories. Just add this one to the list.

This has always been the most heavily “moderated” message board I’ve ever been a part of. Some of it is warranted, but it’s absurd that any dissenting opinion is removed. 

• Thanks 1