PowellCampsNAKED

Games getting a high level of new people

Seems since the latest bad news the player base has rose a Lot! I’ve played quick play all day and not kidding all new players I’ve had to actually teach players and also explain who Tommy is and so on! 

Did you miss Gun Media's announcement that Steam had Friday the 13th (and most dlc) on a 1/2 price sale? That could explain it. #makethatmoney

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Did you miss Gun Media's announcement that Steam had Friday the 13th (and most dlc) on a 1/2 price sale? That could explain it. #makethatmoney

Yeah, I wonder when they're gonna pass it on this way towards console. 

The sale may have helped some, but what helped more probably is that four big time streamers have been on the game. Last night they had brought in more than 30000 viewers on twitch.  One alone had over 17k viewers.  The others had between 5-7k respectively.  That helped but it may have just been a one and done type of thing.  The other streamers after that had maybe 50 viewers total, lol.  

but they will leave the game as soon as they realize it is broken lol, bad idea to not fix the interaction locked bug before

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HailWotan88 said:

but they will leave the game as soon as they realize it is broken lol, bad idea to not fix the interaction locked bug before

All the kids I taught today seemed to like it! It was on PS4 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah, I wonder when they're gonna pass it on this way towards console. 

Hey , we waited much longer…..we waited since February and the consoles had it much more often. Xbox had one and another like 2 weeks later. Keep in mind , I also have it on PS4.

And wow , OP , you really taught them? cool.

11 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

The sale may have helped some, but what helped more probably is that four big time streamers have been on the game. Last night they had brought in more than 30000 viewers on twitch.  One alone had over 17k viewers.  The others had between 5-7k respectively.  That helped but it may have just been a one and done type of thing.  The other streamers after that had maybe 50 viewers total, lol.  

SMH, back in my day (when we walked uphill to school two miles through a foot of snow, and uphill through that same snow to go home) we had to read Nintendo Power and Gamepro to get our news.  It was delivered via the Pony Express and we had to read it by lamplight fueled by whale blubber.

I'll never understand how streamers are able to generate sales for games, but it strikes me that a more traditional ad/media campaign would be more effective, given the average age of Friday fans (the game's core constituency).

• Haha 1

There was also an increase in new players last night on PS4. Had no problems at all filling up QP lobbies, and surprisingly, only had one host quit. It was a good night last night, hopefully it carries over for tonight.

15 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

There was also an increase in new players last night on PS4. Had no problems at all filling up QP lobbies, and surprisingly, only had one host quit. It was a good night last night, hopefully it carries over for tonight.

Sounds like I need to get into your lobbies.  Host quit just about every match I've been in lately.  Simply because they get killed quickly. 

Yeah I played Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night and it was easy to get into a game on the quick play. Usually, i have to way.

Played several rounds today. First and second matches only had 4 players in it.  Third filled, but host quit. Next lobby and match had 3 players.  Match after that, host quit so I gave up on it. I'll try again later   

I played on PS4 sometime after I got home from work around 5 am. I got on and after like one or maybe 2 lobbies, I get into a lobbie with a host around level 10. Using their mic as where a few others. I went one round without a mic and shocked them next round when I revealed I had one  too. Was in this lobby for a minimum of four hours before I called it quits to sleep.

There were several low levels including two level ones except the other quit. Got the one level one to escape via car. Was quite the brawl by the car. He snuck out after we finally got Jason away from the car. He was the only survivor lol. 

Ok this story below is super freaking long so feel free to not read it.  

Only half the lobby had mics, but was fun with ones that did. These people were actually focused on getting objectives done and teamwork. Not to mention not abandoning their fellow player. I kept telling them to just leave. I got this. I don't care about escaping. You should go. The host died once because of this one round which was funny. On the third round for a no mic 100 level+ Jason, he stayed holed up in his shack at Jarvis. His previous two rounds, my Chad gave him the run around until I snuck under a closet the a bed next round so he couldn't slash me to death lol (new players were like wow you ran him around for four minutes. I was like wasn't really that impressive). Anyways I run up there after flaring the shack to confirm. See the 3 traps outside and I'm like yup this guy is lying in wait. So I have to eat one trap to enter, but then I rush in there with my Sacred Branch where they immediately stalk shift. I thought they were going behind me for sure, but nope into the side wall in Mother's room. My stick hits the side wall after seeing him, but he also misses the grab.  We duel in the other room where my poor Chad loses his arm (man I hate the insta cut away on the murder death now). So now I'm stuck watching a dance party and a few other moving about. Cops were called. They think Jason is AFK until they see I was murdered. After someone finally escapes I'm back as Tommy. Jason decides to crash the cop party while I'm across the map. I get there to see some action and shoot Jason. I run back to the shack and the host is following me telling about his pocket knives. I'm like you really shouldn't say that and two why are you following me? Go escape lol. I'm just going to mourn The Chad's body. So we get there and Jason comes back. I get the stick back and immediately Jason goes to combat stance. I tell him he's gonna lose his rep if people find out he's trying to block a stick. He obliges and we trade blows. I can't land a stun to save my life lol. The host is doing work their axe. Eventually their limping and they die in the last trap by the shack. Jason soon slashes me to death and I'm just laughing like a idiot. He finally slashed me to death and twice in one round. Told the host ya shoulda escaped as we were the only ones that died that round. 

On 6/23/2018 at 3:47 AM, PowellCampsNAKED said:

All the kids I taught today seemed to like it! It was on PS4 

It's been on sale loads of times on eu psn store, I might add that it seems to appear in the popular games lists too. Also, in the UK you can get a retail copy for around £20.

Now that I got the game , there are a lot of new Gamers , you´re Right! I was waiting 8 seconds for a Lobby. 8 Seconds!

I also found a Savini at Level 31 , which is interesting.