Jump to content
DeadlyD

Why even bother with dedicated servers at this point?

Recommended Posts

I applaud the devs for at the very least for still bringing dedicated servers, but why? I mean seriously how long will the servers even be up? This feels more like a "save face" to me than a true want to bring them. I personally dont even play online anymore, i prefer my bots, but wish i had a jason bot mode too bc all counselor dlc will be wasted wen servers shut off. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not alone here... I'm not sure that it's worth it...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

? I mean seriously how long will the servers even be up? This feels more like a "save face" to me than a true want to bring them. I

They never wanted to bring dedicated servers to console. If they really wanted to we would have already had them a year ago.

So, yeah. They're just trying to look good.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

I applaud the devs for at the very least for still bringing dedicated servers, but why? I mean seriously how long will the servers even be up? This feels more like a "save face" to me than a true want to bring them. I personally dont even play online anymore, i prefer my bots, but wish i had a jason bot mode too bc all counselor dlc will be wasted wen servers shut off. 

You aren't the only one who wished for a Jason AI.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They never wanted to bring dedicated servers to console. If they really wanted to we would have already had them a year ago.

So, yeah. They're just trying to look good.

I don't see many console players wanting them badly at this point anyway. Yeah, maybe a year ago when the future of the game still seemed relatively optimistic, but at this point it is kind of a 'why bother?'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

They never wanted to bring dedicated servers to console. If they really wanted to we would have already had them a year ago.

So, yeah. They're just trying to look good.

Pretty much this. It's been a year with a bunch of different excuses for dedicated servers.  They are at this point just trying to save face.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Doctor said:

I don't see many console players wanting them badly at this point anyway. Yeah, maybe a year ago when the future of the game still seemed relatively optimistic, but at this point it's kind of a 'why bother?'

Exactly. A year ago I was all aboard the dedicated server train. I was expecting them at launch (as it was promised) and I gave the devs shit for them not being implemented.

Here we are in June of 2018. Games been declared KIA, but they're still working on servers. 

Amateurs, man..

2 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Pretty much this. It's been a year with a bunch of different excuses for dedicated servers.  They are at this point just trying to save face.  

It'll be marked under the "big promises we kept" category. I had a list of all the promises they didn't keep, but the thread was deleted. Go figure.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Exactly. A year ago I was all aboard the dedicated server train. I was expecting them at launch (as it was promised) and I gave the devs shit for them not being implemented.

Here we are in June of 2018. Games been declared KIA, but they're still working on servers. 

Amateurs, man..

It'll be marked under the "big promises we kept" category. I had a list of all the promises they didn't keep, but the thread was deleted. Go figure.

Yeah, I saw it.  By the time I finished typing my reply to add to the list, it was deleted.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather the devs sink all their remaining resources into making a Jason bot AI for single-player mode.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I'd rather the devs sink all their remaining resources into making a Jason bot AI for single-player mode.

Hear hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Yeah, I saw it.  By the time I finished typing my reply to add to the list, it was deleted.  

Revived an old thread of mine. Feel free to let me know what your suggestion was.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please no Jason bot. We don't want a new argument to joke about this game. It really don't need this now. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I'd rather the devs sink all their remaining resources into making a Jason bot AI for single-player mode.

Pretty much how i feel. Unfortunately a Jason A.I. would probably be seen as new content and off limits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They shouldn't even bother at this point...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll take the dedicated servers.

I’ll take the big fixes.

I’ll continue to play as long as it’s going. I may be pissed at what’s transpired, but this is the closest any of us will ever get to being and running from Jason! So regardless, I will soak up as much as I can for as long as I can. So yes, bring on the servers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working towards servers are to "save face" and make them look like they are doing whatever they can given the current situation. Nothing more. @lHeartBreakerl hit the nail on the head in his post earlier.

At the risk of being banned again, I'm gonna say that Gun Media & Illfonic have done the best job they could (and their best has not been very good). The only thing they successfully accomplished was the Kickstarter campaign and exciting the Friday the 13th fanbase in the months leading up to the game's release. They failed at launch, they've repeatedly let down the playerbase, they've fostered a community of gaming trolls by not banning Teamers, they've consistently released untested patches/fixes that have only further broken the game, they've made promises and not followed thru and ultimately they turned fans of this game (and this franchise) against one another. This forum is proof of that.

Dedicated Servers mean nothing in a game with a few thousand players. With no more money coming in from new sales or DLC and current players leaving in the wake of last week's news, I think the only hope left for this game is Client Side Saving (for our account info, XP Level, Unlockables). This would ensure, at the least, some level of replayability. Maybe not the game we've come to love, but something.

In the end, all I can really say is I believe what I believe, and what I believe is this.......

They "do" care about the franchise. The attention to details on the Jason models, the maps and the "F13 look" of the game prove that to me.

They "did" care about the game because it really did have a great following and real potential when we are talking about horror genre games. Not to mention the insane amount of money it could make.

They "don't" care about the playerbase. If they did they wouldn't go quiet all the time. Before last week they would always use the "We are busy creating" excuse but now there is no more creating, so where are they? Not being able to create new content should free up a little time but from what I've seen it's still silence from them, really. They could say "Now all of that time will be spent fixing the glitches" and that may be true but as long as they run simulations to test these builds, we're just gonna get more of the same stuff we've been getting.........more glitches.

This post should meet all specified guidelines dictated in the rules. All the above is simply my opinion and should not be taken as fact. If this post is deemed as unfit or not allowed, please remove it and contact me via PM to address what I've done wrong this time. Thank you for reading.

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

I applaud the devs for at the very least for still bringing dedicated servers, but why? I mean seriously how long will the servers even be up? This feels more like a "save face" to me than a true want to bring them. I personally dont even play online anymore, i prefer my bots, but wish i had a jason bot mode too bc all counselor dlc will be wasted wen servers shut off. 

Because consoles still have a decent player base. Regardless of no content the game is still strong and can get some of their veteran players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Because consoles still have a decent player base. Regardless of no content the game is still strong and can get some of their veteran players. 

No one says the playerbase is gone, its dwindling, an just because theres alot of players, that dont mean theres income, the devs were constantly stated as a "small team" an if they have nothing to add to bring in more money the "well" they do have will "run dry" an how long that will be is anyones guess, even the mention of "near future" content should the lawsuit settle Soon was confirmed to not come, so the dedicated servers only feels like saving face an not for the playerbase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I’ll take whatever they give us 

I agree with this but i'd prefer something long term not what wont matter when the servers are done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP please stfu with BS posts like this, geez.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you need servers for host migration to work? I remember on the 360 that’s how a lot of games worked it was peer to peer and if host player left the game would stop for a second and migrate everyone to a randomly selected host 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry, it's all bullshit. You aren't getting dedicated servers. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×