DeadlyD

Why even bother with dedicated servers at this point?

1 hour ago, pro5pt0 said:

OP please stfu with BS posts like this, geez.

This is a conversation that if you dont like you can ignore, an its not bs its a legitimate question, most ppl here seem to agree so its not a "bs post"

• Confused 1

A few things...how do y’all not play multiplayer lol it’s way better than offline! 2 - if the game is gonna end find a way we can always keep servers going years and years down the road if the game is gonna end including servers then damn give us offline councelor play so we remember how it all felt to run from Jason! 

4 hours ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

Dedicated servers at this point is like putting make up on a pig.

That's exactly what's it's like. There's no point in dedicated servers when they simply won't be able to maintain them. They just admitted they are moving on from this game. The news took the wind completely out of me that i couldn't even play yesterday. It was the first time not playing since i got it for Christmas. I played a few games today but the excitement was no longer there anymore it's like going through the motions now. I would rather they admit that they took on too much for them to chew and let another company have a crack at it. This game deserves to be seen through to the end. Don't let a great thing like this go to waste!

• Like 1

It is pretty simple to explain why dedicated servers are still coming.

It is not just about saving face, but also a low cost solution to test out the servers which will be in place to support their next game. It is low cost because the number of players that will be online by the time the servers arrive will be peanuts. You think they care what this tiny amount of players will think now that they’ve severed all ties to the game? Obviously they are putting in servers for a different reason. 

It is no coincidence they waited this long, especially long enough to announce “end of content” which was sure to delete much of the remaining playerbase which = lower running costs for servers when they do finally come. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

It is not just about saving face, but also a low cost solution to test out the servers which will be in place to support their next game. It is low cost because the number of players that will be online by the time the servers arrive will be peanuts. You think they care what this tiny amount of players will think now that they’ve severed all ties to the game? Obviously they are putting in servers for a different reason. 

It is no coincidence they waited this long, especially long enough to announce “end of content” which was sure to delete much of the remaining playerbase which = lower running costs for servers when they do finally come. 

Never thought of it that way. Very good observation.

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

Don't worry, it's all bullshit. You aren't getting dedicated servers. 

Sadly, this. They have been promising us dedicated servers this entire time. Why would they bother now? 

They are just bullshitting us one last time.

41 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

A few things...how do y’all not play multiplayer lol it’s way better than offline! 2 - if the game is gonna end find a way we can always keep servers going years and years down the road if the game is gonna end including servers then damn give us offline councelor play so we remember how it all felt to run from Jason! 

They like it because on hard counselors jump out of windows towards Jason. Hard bots still feed themselves.

Also just a FYI about a curious little thing -

The engine upgrade, when originally “announced back in October” according to them - or rather casually mentioned halfway through October patch notes (no big deal right?) had nothing to do with dedicated. It was meant to be a fix for vehicle issues (ironically).

The dedicated vs host migration post was in August, where they said “give us a couple months” remember? How did they not know at that stage that a full engine upgrade would be required? There’s only 2 reasons - either they knew and didn’t want to say, or it was never required at all.

There is no third explanation unless they want to play the “we didn’t know” card which I frankly don’t believe. There was no mention of dedicated after October until February where they dropped the ball that “engine upgrade required lulz”. And now the update is here, yet still no dedicated servers. 😄

I’m not making any of this up, anyone can go back to the official posts and check for themselves and this is exactly how it played out. I think it’s hard not to see something fishy about it all. Especially when you realise - Illfonic actually have nothing to do with dedicated servers. Go back to the August post, and you will see that Gun contracted an unnamed “partner” to do the job. This was always in Gun’s hands.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Excellent synopsis my friend. It's a shame they are thinking this way because hardly anybody will give a crap about their next game. They are really delusional if they think their next game will be anywhere near as successful as this one. As a gaming company they signed their death warrant yesterday with the "no  more content no matter what" statement  they just haven't realized it yet.

• Like 1

I was wondering about the dedicated servers too. So wouldn't this game last longer without them?

7 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

This is a conversation that if you dont like you can ignore, an its not bs its a legitimate question, most ppl here seem to agree so its not a "bs post"

That’s fine, if you can’t see it I am not going to argue with you.

Also there are other threads about this same issue @Kodiak where are you at on locking this thread? You lock every other one that’s a dup thread. Why not this one?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

That’s fine, if you can’t see it I am not going to argue with you.

Also there are other threads about this same issue @Kodiak where are you at on locking this thread? You lock every other one that’s a dup thread. Why not this one?

I don't see every single thread the minute it pops up fella, I do have a real life and I do sleep you know.

I'll review it.

Edit: Yep, there are indeed other threads about this. 

• Haha 1