Treymaker

Jason’s New Grab: The Final Verdict

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

One thing I wish you could do with knives is walk while aiming.

No doubt!

As a counselor I like the grab, if I'm quick enough now I can dodge Jason. If I do, I have an overhead combat stance attack that has hit the four times I juked the grab. And turning, free swinging has never been so easy.

As Jason. Not cool. I play friends who are too good to not beat the shit outta me. Went 2-3 for 8 last 3 games I played Jason against them... At least I didn't die! Against good players, this grab is easily punished.

The Grab is the reason which make me unsure to follow the dev on their future project. They changed grab in October and it was awful, then 4 months later they repaired it and it was perfect. And they changed it again with same issue than October. But I love the sound when you grab a counselor.

3 hours ago, humerabi said:

Answer me this. What good are throwing knives when a counselor has 4 med sprays and thick skin? Remember when the premise of this game was to have an unstoppable Jason? I believe the boys over at GUN MEDIA even said " YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DIE IN THIS GAME ". Boy what a difference a year makes.

I did not say the knives could not be better. But use your head. Knives force them to use their med sprays, which are not infinite. Smashing windows and leaving door locked forces them to jump through broken windows whether you are chasing them or not and use med sprays... slashing forces them to use med sprays.... When they use a med spray lets you get a bit closer, not every player is smart enough, or in the correct position to use a med spray immediately after being hit by a knife. Everything is situational. Eventually they run out of med sprays... or use a med spray too close to you and get slashed or grabbed. 
   Knives by themselves would be pretty useless, but....
   Knives are not your only weapon. Slash them.... use shift to get close and slash them. You already know they have all these med sprays, use your own knowledge of what Jason has at his disposal in conjunction with anything else you can to kill them.
   I do agree that there are too many med sprays in the game and the slightest mention of a nerf to medic will be furiously resisted by 95% of the community... I find 6 of them in one match quite often.... so I see no need to run medic. But it is what it is right now, so plan around it.
   Its a lot worse when you have 5 or 6 battle Chads that are all run swift attacker, thick skin and medic attacking you with wrenches... but the battle Chads are not invulnerable... just damned annoying.

@F134Ever86 Hitting a counselor with a knife cancels the med spray use... and an attack that has not yet hit you, accurate quick throws really spell doom for the lone attacker... any repair animation... they will drop the phone if calling police... cease their radio conversation to call in Tommy... Is there anything I missed? I have tried to hit a counselor in a car and in a boat with throwing knives.... but the vehicles seem to be somewhat knife resistant.

@The Doctor You can do a quick throw while walking (or running) with barely an interrupted step, but that is as far as it goes.

I'm aware of that but that obviously, but I'd rather be able to strafe while aiming (this could make windows more interesting).

11 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Jason's Grab Part XI: The Final Verdict. Coming soon to a cinema near you.

I'm very tempted to go and Photoshop a movie poster for it now lol.

This would be hilarious!

On 6/22/2018 at 6:44 PM, HuDawg said:

I love the look and the feel of the new grab.

But the radius needs to be slightly bigger.. At least at close range. 

The grab recovery is a bit slow.  Needs to be a bit faster.  Shaving of few recovery frames would help alot.

Amen brother! Been preaching the same thing from day one. Radius needs to be a bit wider and the recovery time after a wiff should be quicker. Still love the animation and impact. 

• Like 1

New grab is trash. Best advice I can give is quickly enter CS before it so you at least grab in the right direction (after CS auto aims). Otherwise the horizontal range is so narrow you can possibly miss even at a reasonable range, and due to longer recovery can be easily punished.

If doing a shift grab, I recommend Shift > throwing knife interrupt with grab. It is not too difficult to aim a knife out of Shift after enough practice and gives you a bigger window for the grab due to counselor damage animation. Plus even if they have PK they will now also need to med spray off the 30 dmg you just dealt. Otherwise a single slash afterwards will cripple them.

Alternatively, you can Shift > throwing knife interrupt with slash to instantly cripple a non-thick Skin counselor, although it is risky if they have a weapon unless you are good at the slash block / 1 frame block after slash. If you are not you will simply get counterhit.

If you want to take it further, Shift > throwing knife > slash > block counterhit > grab for a full combo that will cripple and catch them. Even if they have PK they are now  forced to use a spray and you have deleted some weapon dura.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

New grab is trash. Best advice I can give is quickly enter CS before it so you at least grab in the right direction (after CS auto aims). Otherwise the horizontal range is so narrow you can possibly miss even at a reasonable range, and due to longer recovery can be easily punished. 

No doubt, remember when you posted that clip about the epic evasion perk? I found another good use for it, beyond dodge cancellation. Grab dodging works now, you have to anticipate the grab though. If you can initiate the dodge a fraction of a second BEFORE they initiate the grab, you'll clear and get an easy heavy attack. Worked a couple times now, I didn't try the dodge cancel afterwards because I used a stun weapon to drop them. With a machete, it might be disastrous for a Jason looking to keep his mask. With epic evasion on, in essence (with a little luck) you could dodge the grab then hit and dodge cancel hit some more.

Yeah, the new grab sucks. No doubt about it. The sound effect and cinematic effect when the grab is initiated is nice and all, but the initiation process is the problem. It just really breaks the balance too much in the favor of the counselors.

Again.

Like seriously, every update to this game involves screwing up more shit.

• Thanks 1

It is such trash. Worse than ever. 

Good luck with more than 1 counselor ,  you will just get hit over and over again after each grab if they stick together. As another little jason NERF they added was you can break someone free with a hit right away, before you had a 1-2 second window after grab to stun, so you can miss the timing and Jason can still get the kill. Now it's easy mode . 

With a group Jason is SCREWED . It is pathetic. As Jason's hit detection is so horrible vs. councilors . Why is it still so crappy? While councilors detection seems just fine.  God they sure can destroy the game .

Do the Devs just play against easy mode bots or something? Smh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

No doubt, remember when you posted that clip about the epic evasion perk? I found another good use for it, beyond dodge cancellation. Grab dodging works now, you have to anticipate the grab though. If you can initiate the dodge a fraction of a second BEFORE they initiate the grab, you'll clear and get an easy heavy attack. Worked a couple times now, I didn't try the dodge cancel afterwards because I used a stun weapon to drop them. With a machete, it might be disastrous for a Jason looking to keep his mask. With epic evasion on, in essence (with a little luck) you could dodge the grab then hit and dodge cancel hit some more.

Yea, that what I've been doing a lot recently.  Since I've been Jason pref recently, I'll just Kamakazi w/ Fox right away.  It's been kinda fun, since before I'd have to stress finding a PK before going for the sweater.  If I don't get Tommy, I can just bail to the next game and if 2 already died and I'm somewhat invested in the game, I'm a backup sweater girl.

• Like 1