Lunacy

Make the game Free to Play

Is the minimum shit you can do for a game that Will not have more DLC, no one Will buy this game after this, so make the game a f2p

How are they going to keep the servers up without incoming revenue?

F2P is a bad move to make for the games "longevity", i think reducing the price to $15 or $20 is perfect, it will increase the already dwindling player base and will also provide them with revenue to run dedicated servers on consoles.

I already suggested reducing the price in my thread, still waiting for a response though...

• Like 2

Start with reduced then move to an Xbox gold game after some time. 

They are cheap but some additional revenue would come from the cheap DLC.

4 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

How are they going to keep the servers up without incoming revenue?

F2P is a bad move to make for the games "longevity", i think reducing the price to $15 or $20 is perfect, it will increase the already dwindling player base and will also provide them with revenue to run dedicated servers on consoles.

I already suggested reducing the price in my thread, still waiting for a response though...

This^^

34 minutes ago, Lunacy said:

Is the minimum shit you can do for a game that Will not have more DLC, no one Will buy this game after this, so make the game a f2p

I guess since wes said they will not be adding any new content no matter what, then free to play sounds good to me.

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol, this is a very silly thread.

I mean he’s making an effort. It’s not like the player base is growing ??‍♀??‍♀

50 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I mean he’s making an effort. It’s not like the player base is growing ??‍♀??‍♀

The player base is stagnant because of the outrageous price. It was never worth 40 dollars in the first place, regardless of the new content they had planned. It's a multiplayer game with a few maps, and gameplay that can be easily seen as repetitive to many. However, making it free-to-play is bad for all of us, because it only temporarily increases the player base and will cause the servers to shut down even quicker due to a total halt in revenue. Free-to-play games thrive because they usually have truckloads of DLC and in-app purchases for their users. These devs can't make anymore of that. They'd have to rely on the current DLC, and I'm sure a good chunk of the incoming players would use the DLC unlocker anyway and limit the income anyway.

The playerbase would be stagnant even if the game were sold at $20. It's a game that released in a broken beta state and never really got much better than that.

I rather they not make it free 2 play. That money barrier is the only reason this community isnt as toxic or trolled and derailed like at other f2p games.

I honestly don’t understand anyone who said the game wasn’t worth $40. How much gameplay = worth? I have seen numerous AAA games that cost $60 and give you 15-20 hours. Then game is done. It costs $40 easily for a night at the movies for my wife and I. For two hours of enjoyment... I’ve played 300... 400 hours... of this game, not quite sure the figure on PS4. Even if you got 50 hours... seems more then worth $40. 

2 hours ago, cruehitman said:

I honestly don’t understand anyone who said the game wasn’t worth $40. How much gameplay = worth?

This^.

The game is $40..    It offers hours and hour of fun.   For $40.

People are such whiners nowadays.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, al1ve said:

The player base is stagnant because of the outrageous price. It was never worth 40 dollars in the first place, regardless of the new content they had planned. It's a multiplayer game with a few maps, and gameplay that can be easily seen as repetitive to many. 

I spend over $100 with one night of partying. If you think $40 is an outrageous price, you're out of your damn mind.

• Like 1

Free to play would be retarded. They should reduce the price at this point, however, considering the fact that there's no more DLC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

Free to play would be retarded. They should reduce the price at this point, however, considering the fact that there's no more DLC.

Yeah , Pretty much that. It probably Looks Pretty unappealing to someone who doesn´t know much About the game. 

27 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I spend over $100 with one night of partying. If you think $40 is an outrageous price, you're out of your damn mind.

32 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The game is $40..    It offers hours and hour of fun.   For $40.

People are such whiners nowadays.   

What @HuDawg said. I have gotten back 1000 times the enjoyment playing this game - bugs and all - for the $40 I paid.

If people going to whine about $40, maybe they need to move back into mommy's basement to save their allowance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, al1ve said:

The player base is stagnant because of the outrageous price. It was never worth 40 dollars in the first place, regardless of the new content they had planned. It's a multiplayer game with a few maps, and gameplay that can be easily seen as repetitive to many. However, making it free-to-play is bad for all of us, because it only temporarily increases the player base and will cause the servers to shut down even quicker due to a total halt in revenue. Free-to-play games thrive because they usually have truckloads of DLC and in-app purchases for their users. These devs can't make anymore of that. They'd have to rely on the current DLC, and I'm sure a good chunk of the incoming players would use the DLC unlocker anyway and limit the income anyway.

Yup. Like I said above, I feel the game personally is well worth $40...to me. But I do admit that, at this point with no more DLC incoming, a price cut is probably a good idea. But, for the many intelligent reasons you stated, free to play? Nope, that would be stupid.

Image result for three's company no gif

No it's worth the $40. If that's to much get it used 

• Like 1

I miss the days when you bought a game and that was it. You had the full game as it was made. If there is no future DLC who cares? The game still plays the same. Why would the make it free because of that? This lawsuit is out of their control. It may suck for us players but you're acting like we aren't getting DLC because of the devs so they should make it up to us which is not the case. 

A lot more people would play the game if it was free to play. I suggest free to play fridays start when the game breaking bugs are fixed. Player count would justify keeping servers on and encourage the devs to add paid content after the case is settled even though they said otherwise.

If they really want to keep a playerbase, they need to put this game stupid cheap. 100 people buying it at $10 is better than the 5 people that will buy a game for 40 that isnt and will never be complete. But I doubt they really want to do that as I have zero faith dedicated servers are coming. Before someone replys “but wes stated they are coming and They tweeted they are”. Please they were said to be here at launch, they were almost done in the fall, and Im to believe when the game is dead in the water they are coming now?? Nope

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

A lot more people would play the game if it was free to play. I suggest free to play fridays start when the game breaking bugs are fixed. Player count would justify keeping servers on and encourage the devs to add paid content after the case is settled even though they said otherwise.

Free weekends certainly might help with 50% discounts. Don't consoles also offer things like this to subscription members (Correct me if I'm wrong)? Too bad there isn't some kind of loyalty program, that might incentivize people further but...