DiegoElFuego

So...trading it in I guess....would you?

Keeping mine. I won't get anything besides in store credit for it. But the game will look good on a shelf. Plus, it'll hold a lot of memories.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I remember those days. I still have my rookie year Lebron jersey. Like the guy or not, its a great player to watch.

True he is a good player I will say that about him

10 minutes ago, T.W said:

True he is a good player I will say that about him

I wonder if there will be a second jersey burning though.

24 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Keeping mine. I won't get anything besides in store credit for it. But the game will look good on a shelf. Plus, it'll hold a lot of memories.

This game will be one of those legendary moments in gaming. From "Savini" Jason scandals, Shadow Realms, backer promises not being fulfilled, broken updates, amazing kills, Virtual Cabins, etc. This game has had a hell of a year. That's why I will keep my copy. In remembrance of the saga of this game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

IDk there could be, this time around I don't think anyone care's if he leaves. I caught the news after they got swept if he stays or goes talk of putting up a statue of him. 

Like I said in another thread, this game is going to make a beautiful coffee table book in about five years. It will be interesting to see what people write in hindsight.

16 hours ago, Dolemite said:

What these two guys said.

If you want to trade this game in, you're not a real F13 fan.

I'm not "a real F13 fan" myself, depending on your definition of "fan", but the game is fun.  The IP is interesting to me, and I thoroughly enjoy the movies for what they are, but I don't have the zeal or fervor of a lot of folks around here (I'm more of an Evil Dead guy, myself, clearly).

The telling thing will be to see if we get a final patch to maintain progression offline for consoles so that we can still play offline bots after the game officially "sunsets".

I'd love to see them use a similar structure and style of gameplay sans the F13 license.  Obviously, considering the current legal situation, using any variant of "Camp Blood" is out of the question as well (given that that was part of the original title preferred by Miller until Cunningham renamed the project using "Friday the 13th"), but I could see a generic game with customized counselors and killers doing well, especially if they retain the asymmetric pvp aspect and flesh out the gameplay mechanics a bit.  Maybe they even create their own mythology for it, or base the maps on real world places.  

I can tell you this, though, I will NEVER go over to DbD.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'd love to see them use a similar structure and style of gameplay sans the F13 license.  Obviously, considering the current legal situation, using any variant of "Camp Blood" is out of the question as well (given that that was part of the original title preferred by Miller until Cunningham renamed the project using "Friday the 13th"), but I could see a generic game with customized counselors and killers doing well, especially if they retain the asymmetric pvp aspect and flesh out the gameplay mechanics a bit.  Maybe they even create their own mythology for it, or base the maps on real world places.  

If only, I'm not expecting this particular hole to be filled any time soon. 

The puzzling part of this thread to me is him not being able to find full lobbies on PS4.  I play the game pretty much every night that I’m home and I always play in full lobbies.  I can’t think of a time I’ve played in any lobby that wasn’t full.  I’ve also heard about a lot more issues with the XBox version that the PS4 version.   How is he having a totally different experience?  Seems odd. 

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

No, there won't.

Context is part of understanding why, but the vitriol aimed at Lebron the first time around had more to do with the indefensible way he openly quit on the team during the playoffs, coupled with the public humiliation of the city on live, primetime national television.  He had been building his brand for years around "loyalty" and "the hometown kid", so it's completely reasonable to expect that a few idiots would get attention for burning jerseys.

To be fair, though, he was still, for all intents and purposes, a kid when that happened.  Reasonable folks understood the decision and didn't blame him for leaving, it was strictly based on the way he left.  Cleveland has a big chip on it's collective shoulder because people who have never been here love to shit all over it because it's the "cool thing to do".  The biggest knock against it (the Cuyahoga River catching fire in 1969) is something that happened literally 50 years ago; 99% of the people who reference it or joke about it weren't even alive when it happened.  Hollywood loves to mock Cleveland, costal elites consider "fly over states" the bane of their existence strictly for political reasons, and media centers on the coasts are woefully out of touch with the people who live more than 50 miles inland. 

But back to the Lebron thing; sure, people here were pissed when he left last time, but only an idiot trying to get on television burned a jersey for their 15 seconds of fame.  

Bringing a championship to Cleveland for the first time in 50 years gives him a LOT of leeway.  Short of holding a press conference on live television announcing that he was going to LA and calling us a bunch of racist redneck republicans who are the reason Hillary didn't get elected, we're more prone to wishing him well and actively rooting for him if he goes West to anywhere BUT Golden State (seriously, fuck those guys).

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick said:

The puzzling part of this thread to me is him not being able to find full lobbies on PS4.  I play the game pretty much every night that I’m home and I always play in full lobbies.  I can’t think of a time I’ve played in any lobby that wasn’t full.  I’ve also heard about a lot more issues with the XBox version that the PS4 version.   How is he having a totally different experience?  Seems odd. 

Some People say this and some others say it´s hard. Either they are exaggerating or some People just have bad luck? I don´t know.

But I found out , that you just joined yesterday , sooooooo…..

Welcome to the Forum and don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/

We are happy to welcome you!.......Well , atleast most of us!

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If only, I'm not expecting this particular hole to be filled any time soon. 

If I was calling the shots, that would be my next move.  Learn from the mistakes and missteps on this attempt, and apply what works to a new IP that wouldn't be subject to any sort of licensing.

The creative freedom alone would be something to behold, I'm sure.  Using another IP or license places a lot of constraints depending on the actual deal that is involved, and I'm sure with F13,  it's no different.

In all honesty, it would probably take a halfway decent story group one weekend in a cabin in the woods to figure out a solid framework for a new IP and story to apply to such a game.

Theoretically, they could convert the Single Player Challenge Idea into missions, chapters, or dates, while retaining the APvP as the core gameplay mechanic.  Have various unlocks and achievements tied to separate progressions for both the killer(s) and counselors (something I feel like this game should have done in the beginning--separate level progression for PvP as Jason or the counselors).

There's a lot of potential with the style of play that the current design offers, and it just be terrible if that potential wasn't realized at some point, even with another stand alone title.  The tone and feel of the game would have to be a big part of the IP, but again, toss a story group in a cabin for a weekend with plenty of alcohol and pizza, and see what happens--that's all I'm saying.

Edit: I'd probably base the game on real-life killings that are either unsolved, or have achieved mythic status, like Zodiac, The Torso Killer, Jack the Ripper, the Axeman of New Orleans, the Frankford Slasher, and go from there.  Have the missions be playable from two sides: as the killer or as a victim.  Each killer could be completely reimagined to fit within the context of whatever story could be used as a pretense for the game, and go from there.

Each APvP map would be one of the settings for the real-world killers, but in multiplayer, once a killer has been unlocked, they would be available on any of the maps.  Victims would be a persistent creation of the user, customized from a statistic and physical traits.  I'd even be okay with customized clothing at this point, and using the maps as inspiration only for the APvP aspect, like having Zodiac in London.

I'm keeping mine, it's still a piece of "Friday the 13th" memorabilia, and I'm a fan of the franchise. It might even be one of the last pieces of memorabilia we get depending on the state of things post lawsuit verdict. I still have the old NES game from the 80's as well.

Gun Media did create some interesting looking original counselors for the game, I wouldn't mind seeing them attempt an original survival horror game using similar play mechanics or even getting the license to another popular horror franchise in the future.

44 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

If I was calling the shots, that would be my next move.  Learn from the mistakes and missteps on this attempt, and apply what works to a new IP that wouldn't be subject to any sort of licensing.

I pretty much agree with the rest as well, wouldn't use any killer that could be still alive, but historical ones could be really awesome. The day of the first announcement, the one we got from BD and not the pubs, I put up a thread on how to do it. I like your idea to, mine try different things with the formula that would still need work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm not "a real F13 fan" myself, depending on your definition of "fan", but the game is fun.  The IP is interesting to me, and I thoroughly enjoy the movies for what they are, but I don't have the zeal or fervor of a lot of folks around here (I'm more of an Evil Dead guy, myself, clearly).

Big Evil Dead fan myself, here. I've even met Bruce a couple of times, and each time he's been a panic. 

I'm still royally bummed that they canned the show.  :(

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I can tell you this, though, I will NEVER go over to DbD.

Why? Aside from the fact that the game is populated solely by scrub killers clearly not the equal of Jason, of course. I've never played it.

19 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Why? Aside from the fact that the game is populated solely by scrub killers clearly not the equal of Jason, of course. I've never played it.

Apart from the absolutely shit graphics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

No, there won't.

Context is part of understanding why, but the vitriol aimed at Lebron the first time around had more to do with the indefensible way he openly quit on the team during the playoffs, coupled with the public humiliation of the city on live, primetime national television.  He had been building his brand for years around "loyalty" and "the hometown kid", so it's completely reasonable to expect that a few idiots would get attention for burning jerseys.

To be fair, though, he was still, for all intents and purposes, a kid when that happened.  Reasonable folks understood the decision and didn't blame him for leaving, it was strictly based on the way he left.  Cleveland has a big chip on it's collective shoulder because people who have never been here love to shit all over it because it's the "cool thing to do".  The biggest knock against it (the Cuyahoga River catching fire in 1969) is something that happened literally 50 years ago; 99% of the people who reference it or joke about it weren't even alive when it happened.  Hollywood loves to mock Cleveland, costal elites consider "fly over states" the bane of their existence strictly for political reasons, and media centers on the coasts are woefully out of touch with the people who live more than 50 miles inland. 

But back to the Lebron thing; sure, people here were pissed when he left last time, but only an idiot trying to get on television burned a jersey for their 15 seconds of fame.  

Bringing a championship to Cleveland for the first time in 50 years gives him a LOT of leeway.  Short of holding a press conference on live television announcing that he was going to LA and calling us a bunch of racist redneck republicans who are the reason Hillary didn't get elected, we're more prone to wishing him well and actively rooting for him if he goes West to anywhere BUT Golden State (seriously, fuck those guys).

It was also the fact of how he opted out before, waiting until Cleveland couldn't get anything valuable for the trade, screwing the team over for his second time.

Like you said though, he was a kid at the time. 

For now, I wonder how his son's career starting up is going to affect his decision.

And btw. Fucking JR Smith....

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

And btw. Fucking JR Smith....

I don't blame him at all.  How did Ty Lue not call Timeout immediately?  How did nobody on the floor know that they still had TWO to spare?

Bad coaching.  Poor preparedness.  The Cavs have one of the biggest, most expensive coaching staffs in the league this past season and NOBODY thought to check the timeout situation?

Meanwhile, Darth Belicheck used his knowledge of timeouts and situational awareness to totally confuse the Seahawks with the clock winding down in the Superbowl, and Pete Carroll walked right into the trap.

36 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I don't blame him at all.  How did Ty Lue not call Timeout immediately?  How did nobody on the floor know that they still had TWO to spare?

Bad coaching.  Poor preparedness.  The Cavs have one of the biggest, most expensive coaching staffs in the league this past season and NOBODY thought to check the timeout situation?

Meanwhile, Darth Belicheck used his knowledge of timeouts and situational awareness to totally confuse the Seahawks with the clock winding down in the Superbowl, and Pete Carroll walked right into the trap.

JR himself should have some awareness of what's going on as well. 

Game 1 was horribly officiated and shouldn't have come down to that anyways.  The charge James took with like 30 seconds left that got reviewed and changed to a blocking foul?  That right there helped change the outcome of the game.  if that call stands as it was called on the floor, and it should have stood, the Cavs win game 1.  James doesn't go punch a wall and break his hand.  It's a different series.  Not saying the Cavs win the series, as the Warriors are a vastly superior team but the refs had a hand in the outcome of the series the way it played.

Unfortunately, the Cavs ship has now sailed.  James undoubtedly is going to leave again.  Not gonna hate the dude, he brought a title to Cleveland as he said he'd do.  But the rest of the team is an unmitigated disaster and mess.  Lots of money tied up in guys who simply aren't enough.  JR, Tristan, Korver, Love as examples. They shouldn't rule out moving anyone, if they even can.  As they stand now, they're gonna be an expensive 30 win team in 2019. 

6 hours ago, Dolemite said:

My comment was more directed at people trading in their game in general, and not at that specific person, who as you said has more than one copy. I think most grade school children would realize what I meant, but if clarification is needed, here it is. Happy?

I did.  Thanks.

19 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Unfortunately, the Cavs ship has now sailed.  James undoubtedly is going to leave again.  Not gonna hate the dude, he brought a title to Cleveland as he said he'd do.  But the rest of the team is an unmitigated disaster and mess.  Lots of money tied up in guys who simply aren't enough.  JR, Tristan, Korver, Love as examples. They shouldn't rule out moving anyone, if they even can.  As they stand now, they're gonna be an expensive 30 win team in 2019. 

I wouldn't trade these past four years of basketball for anything.  Even that first year, in '15, were it not for Kelly Olynick gooning it up against Kevin Love, the Cavs probably go on to win that first title.

It's crazy to me that the only thing standing between Lebron having a winning FInals record and his record now, is Kelly Olynick going rogue and Kevin Durant being a cake eater.

12 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

I did.  Thanks.

I live to serve.

• Thanks 1