deathbat96777

My slow spiral into alcoholism

23 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

Considering I've only been heavily drinking for a week or so now, I highly doubt that quitting cold turkey would cause death or seizures. Before this week, I had drank two or three beers a month. Yesterday, like I said, I had three and a half twelve ounce cans. Day before that I had a six pack of Blue Moon, and the day before that I had one 24 ounce can of Coors Light. I haven't drank at all today. I typically go buy beer early in the morning. I honestly think as long as I can make it through this weekend, I will be fine. It has gave me a dull head ache, but I don't think I'm going to get sweats  and shakes. I appreciate the concern, but if I've only been drinking like this for a few days and I quit, I don't think it's going to kill me. I did talk to my sister about it because she struggles with this too from time to time, only with harder stuff like wine, vodka, etc and she has been able to cut back quite a lot.

I was only citing really seriously progressed situations. Given that I don't know your history, I think overall you're fine and just over-thinking it. Most people would call your pace as moderation. Getting a headache/hangover or feeling body sore is natural because alcohol is a poison. Just try not to let it progress further.

Also if you are drinking, avoid taking acetaminophen medications while on it as it puts strain on the liver. Stay hydrated to avoid hangovers. Gatorade or better yet, Pedialyte are great for this in order to restore electrolytes.

Just keep the habit in check.

2 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Considering I've only been heavily drinking for a week or so now, I highly doubt that quitting cold turkey would cause death or seizures. Before this week, I had drank two or three beers a month. Yesterday, like I said, I had three and a half twelve ounce cans. Day before that I had a six pack of Blue Moon, and the day before that I had one 24 ounce can of Coors Light. I haven't drank at all today. I typically go buy beer early in the morning. I honestly think as long as I can make it through this weekend, I will be fine. It has gave me a dull head ache, but I don't think I'm going to get sweats  and shakes. I appreciate the concern, but if I've only been drinking like this for a few days and I quit, I don't think it's going to kill me. I did talk to my sister about it because she struggles with this too from time to time, only with harder stuff like wine, vodka, etc and she has been able to cut back quite a lot.

I don't know you.  From reading your posts though and you saying you're drinking on meds that you shouldn't be or were or are...that alone...idk bro in the end, it's your decision, I could say more but I'm not.  Just best wishes.

I've officially made it 64 hours without alcohol. As of 2 PM EST today, it will be a whole three days without it

• Like 1