Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jscott991 said:

This isn't really a plus.  :)

I just don't think I could stand playing when it's picking my character for me.  If it's one out of 100 times, I guess that's livable.  But one out of 10 or more frequently would have my tearing my hair out (or instantly quitting, which as I said, isn't fair to others trying to play).

I would go with it happening 1 out of 100 games if not more, we have spent hours playing it some night's and not once has it happened and everyone plays who they have picked in all honesty yes it's a glitch/bug that happens but not one i would be worried about to much and for $20 it would be worth getting. Like @Jasix said if you get it send them or me a massage and we can help you with finding people to play with across different time zones that will help you learn the game and you will have fun playing with and get your money worth out off the game. Even more now that they have the solo challenges you can do, hope all this info help's you a bit as it is a fun game be it you like playing Jason or a counsellor. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jscott991 said:

I know there is a lot of negativity around this game because of the lack of new upcoming content, but with the Steam sale going on, I wanted to see if it was a waste of time to jump in.  Do people still play?

If people are still playing, I had a few questions about gameplay.

Is there a way to only play as counselors?  I was told elsewhere that since so many people prefer Jason, you can almost always end up as a counselor if you want.

How often do you get the counselor you prefer?  This is honestly my biggest question.  If I'm going to have to play as undesirable counselors more often than not, then I probably don't really want the game.

Thanks for any help!

If it’s on sale yeah, if not no. The 40 dollar price tag is a high deal breaker, especially with its current issues. The upside is that playing with friends is a lot more fun than SWF imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

6 weeks ago I would have told you yes buy it.

Considering there has been mass Exodus of players and the game is nearly unplayable, with no timeline given to when it'll be fixed, I wouldn't recommend spending more than $10 on it. 

 

I told y'all this would happen. Most of the people who loved the pre-Jason nerf Original version of the game (Oct. 11 patch and earlier) never came back post-nerf and slight re-buff. I stopped recommending the game due to it being less fun and I know I wasn't the only one. The Jason nerf killed the word-of-mouth that the game was getting; it literally killed the hysteria around the game. The pro-counselor players who begged for the Jason nerf got bored of curb-stomping Jason and have moved on. I only boot the game every blue moon to see if I can get the 'Phd. in Murder' trophy I should've gotten last year. That's literally the only reason I still play this (however rarely) online.

 

10 hours ago, jameson87 said:

I had fun with it, then came waves of bugs, nerfing Jason, buffing counselors, fluff content over thing promised before launch, the numerous fiascos surrounding Savini Jason, allowing glitchers back to inflate numbers, the list goes on. I am not an optimist or a pessimist. I am a realist that looks to facts and history, and with all that has gone on, and no definitive proof that the game servers will be up 2 months from now, I can't in good faith direct someone to buy the game. I really did love the game at one time, but that has been a fleeting feeling for some time. Again just my opinions on it.

Same. Agree 100%

 

On topic, I don't recommend the game unless you are unfamiliar with Jason, have lots of friends who own the game, and it's on sale for $10 or under. You can still have a decent time with friends as a counselor, so long as you never play as Jason.

The thrill of the chase is long gone. As it has been for quite some time, Jason is now about as scary as a Scooby Doo villain. I'm being serious.

It's been fun, though. I can say with 1000% certainty that I got my $40 worth. This game was the most fun I've had in video games in a VERY long time. Glitches and bugs aside, the Oct. 11 patch was Perfection in my book. The best Friday the 13th game ever.

I am so grateful that I got to play this game in its best state. I feel bad for the people who bought the game post-nerf and never got to experience it.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When this game first came out I recommended it to some people and I haven’t heard the end of it. This game has always been a little broken. In the beginning though it was still fun to play. Then shit went downhill fast. The neutering of Jason is what got me to finally give up until this week. I’ve tried playing a couple games but the same bugs and gameplay flaws still exist. Nothing pisses me off more than completing a round only to have the connection time out or some bullshit and you basically wasted 20 mins. Save your $20. Or throw it in the trash. It’ll be the same as buying this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Caulus said:

I told y'all this would happen. Most of the people who loved the pre-Jason nerf Original version of the game (Oct. 11 patch and earlier) never came back post-nerf and slight re-buff. I stopped recommending the game due to it being less fun and I know I wasn't the only one. The Jason nerf killed the word-of-mouth that the game was getting; it literally killed the hysteria around the game. The pro-counselor players who begged for the Jason nerf got bored of curb-stomping Jason and have moved on. I only boot the game every blue moon to see if I can get the 'Phd. in Murder' trophy I should've gotten last year. That's literally the only reason I still play this (however rarely) online.

 

Same. Agree 100%

 

On topic, I don't recommend the game unless you are unfamiliar with Jason, have lots of friends who own the game, and it's on sale for $10 or under. You can still have a decent time with friends as a counselor, so long as you never play as Jason.

The thrill of the chase is long gone. As it has been for quite some time, Jason is now about as scary as a Scooby Doo villain. I'm being serious.

It's been fun, though. I can say with 1000% certainty that I got my $40 worth. This game was the most fun I've had in video games in a VERY long time. Glitches and bugs aside, the Oct. 11 patch was Perfection in my book. The best Friday the 13th game ever.

I am so grateful that I got to play this game in its best state. I feel bad for the people who bought the game post-nerf and never got to experience it.

 

And I agree 100%. Hell some of us, I believe you, myself, bewareofbears and a few others were pointing out this game resembling a scooby doo meets sims game, rather than being what it was promised and advertised as to us die hard fans of the franchise. I agree as well about feeling lucky to have been able to play this game in it's best state and feeling sorry for the newer players who have been sold this hot mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caulus said:

It's been fun, though. I can say with 1000% certainty that I got my $40 worth. This game was the most fun I've had in video games in a VERY long time. Glitches and bugs aside, the Oct. 11 patch was Perfection in my book. The best Friday the 13th game ever.

I personally prefer the previous patch the best, minus the Car rubberband of course.  But then again, I came into the game on the Oct. Physical release, so given I know everything I know now back then, I may feel differently about it.

 

1 hour ago, Caulus said:

Jason is now about as scary as a Scooby Doo villain. I'm being serious.

It's unfortunate, but true.  I think Jason Post-Engine upgrade is now even worse then the December update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason can still be Pretty powerful....if you put enough time into learning him…..and some techniques. I think he will get buffed at some Point again where we like him again. I am Pretty sure.

And @Jasix….I will also get it on PC...….just wanted to let you know. (Edit : Nevermind , I just saw that you asked me on the other thread).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.  The thread really pushed toward the "stay away" camp in the last few hours.

I'm going to pass I think, unless the counselor bug is fixed by July 5.  I'm also worried about buying it and then the servers shutting down in 60 to 90 days. 

I'm also going to pass on DbD.  The survivor designs are awful and the game just doesn't seem like what I was looking for from F13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's too bad they never got to make an offline counselor mode... I really feel like that would've kept people interested. Offline Jason is cool, but it's really only a small part of the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the main problem of the game is not the lack of upcoming content, the problem with this game and its negativity is because it is broken, it has a lot of bugs, interaction lock glitches, and more. It is not playable and on pc is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Truth said:

It's too bad they never got to make an offline counselor mode... I really feel like that would've kept people interested. Offline Jason is cool, but it's really only a small part of the experience.

Totally agree. And while I think playing as counselor is way more fun, the problem as we all know it is that it's an insanely tall order to have reliable intelligent bots. You really just cannot replicate that human element. And lest we forget, the sheer amount of complaining that would come if they even tried at all.

Doesn't mean I don't want it anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely buy it!!! The reason everyone is bitching here including myself is because of how much fun this game is!!!! If this game sucked (superman n64) then it would have just disappeared with out any complaining. I still enjoy this game even with the bullshit glitches and problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Totally agree. And while I think playing as counselor is way more fun, the problem as we all know it is that it's an insanely tall order to have reliable intelligent bots. You really just cannot replicate that human element. And lest we forget, the sheer amount of complaining that would come if they even tried at all.

Doesn't mean I don't want it anyway...

The Timesplitters games had amazing bot A.I., and that was way back in the ps2 era. 

I'm sorry, but a far better development team could have easily made an A.I. Jason. And probably one that didn't need super powers (morph,shift, sense, stalk) to stand an actual chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

The Timesplitters games had amazing bot A.I., and that was way back in the ps2 era.

Eh, well you can cite all the examples you want, of course, I just mean that for an Offline Counselor option to work you're obviously going to need an intelligent AI Jason as well as intelligent AI counselors. 1v1 sounds gruesome. I just wonder how effective it could even be with the current AI counselors on hard working in tandem with the player. I guess what I'm saying is, I can really see something going wrong and being an even worse buggy mess there. But at least it'd be something, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, well you can cite all the examples you want, of course, I just mean that for an Offline Counselor option to work you're obviously going to need an intelligent AI Jason as well as intelligent AI counselors. 1v1 sounds gruesome. I just wonder how effective it could even be with the current AI counselors on hard working in tandem with the player. I guess what I'm saying is, I can really see something going wrong and being an even worse buggy mess there. But at least it'd be something, of course.

A skilled team who actually cared could have pulled it off. That's not debatable. It's a fact. Other games by other developers have done it.

For a more recent example of amazing A.I., check out Alien isolation

It's gun media who "couldn't". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

It's gun media who "couldn't". 

That was my underlying point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

That was my underlying point.

Ah, my apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:31 PM, jscott991 said:

I know there is a lot of negativity around this game because of the lack of new upcoming content, but with the Steam sale going on, I wanted to see if it was a waste of time to jump in.  Do people still play?

If people are still playing, I had a few questions about gameplay.

Is there a way to only play as counselors?  I was told elsewhere that since so many people prefer Jason, you can almost always end up as a counselor if you want.

How often do you get the counselor you prefer?  This is honestly my biggest question.  If I'm going to have to play as undesirable counselors more often than not, then I probably don't really want the game.

Thanks for any help!

I guess its like this really. Lets say you found the perfect house, and its filled with problems, and these problems were told to you by the current owner that they will never be fixed, and by the way the house will probably be torn down in less than 6 months. But I will sell it to you for half price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×