1 minute ago, MrBeefy said:

Random can be fun in it makes you mix up your play styles. Plus if you get good you can still repair with the dumb characters.

He does make some good points. I think since I have played since launch I have in some way accepted these glitches. Which isn't a good thing. I would also be lying if I said I have had no fun playing the dog shit bug fest too.

I had fun with it, then came waves of bugs, nerfing Jason, buffing counselors, fluff content over thing promised before launch, the numerous fiascos surrounding Savini Jason, allowing glitchers back to inflate numbers, the list goes on. I am not an optimist or a pessimist. I am a realist that looks to facts and history, and with all that has gone on, and no definitive proof that the game servers will be up 2 months from now, I can't in good faith direct someone to buy the game. I really did love the game at one time, but that has been a fleeting feeling for some time. Again just my opinions on it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I wouldn't say its unplayable but it sometimes is a factor based on your group. I find something I repair it. Getting stuck by the car very much feels like its unplayable if no one helps you get unstuck or if Jason is a dick about it.

I have gotten stuck by the car twice (once the battery and once the gas). All I had to do was hit CTRL to crouch and then crouch walk away. I felt really dumb when I learned that was all I had to do...especially since it took me 5 mins to figure that out LOL!

As far as character selection....I actually thought they fixed that because of the 25-30 games I have played the past few weeks...I have always been the counselor I wanted. Granted right after the patch it was definitely like rolling a dice on who I would end up as (LaChappa.. realllly?).

Again... I am a PC player so I have no idea what issues console players have, but since the OP is looking to play on PC... I think my experiences with issues is more relative than a console player who apparently have way more issues than PC players. 

1 minute ago, Jasix said:

I have gotten stuck by the car twice (once the battery and once the gas). All I had to do was hit CTRL to crouch and then crouch walk away. I felt really dumb when I learned that was all I had to do...especially since it took me 5 mins to figure that out LOL!

As far as character selection....I actually thought they fixed that because of the 25-30 games I have played the past few weeks...I have always been the counselor I wanted. Granted right after the patch it was definitely like rolling a dice on who I would end up as (LaChappa.. realllly?).

Again... I am a PC player so I have no idea what issues console players have, but since the OP is looking to play on PC... I think my experiences with issues is more relative than a console player who apparently have way more issues than PC players. 

Except the dealing with hackers and modders. And I am the same as this guy when it comes to the game randomly selecting people. Especially ones that I loathe playing. On top of the fact we have nothing but word to go by when it comes to how long the game's servers will be up and running, which effects everyone. It would be a pretty big gamble, buy it, like it, get to play for a couple of months then dead? No thanks.

As well as many of us have asked about them patching in the ability for stuff to save client side instead of on the server, because when the servers go down, if they haven't done this, you will only be able to play with the first two unlocked jasons and the kills you start off with. Everything else that is unlocked on your profile will have no meaning at all. Too risky to buy in my opinion. Holding out to see if they get a meaningful patch in before the sale ends is this guy's safest bet.

54 minutes ago, Jasix said:

They are fixing the character/counselor selection bug in this week's patch by the way.

There's always a possibility though that they fix the randomness bug, but a new randomness bug will emerge which is not the old randomness bug.

1 hour ago, jscott991 said:

Ah, ok.  That's a deal breaker for me.  On to Dead by Daylight, even though I like the concept and design of F13 better.

Here's what I think -

If you're looking for a horror experience and you want to:

A. Kick ass as a survivor - buy Dead by Daylight, just the core game, don't commit to DLC unless you love it.

B. Kick ass as a killer - buy Friday the 13th only because it's on sale and play it in the offline, single player mode. For $20 the single player (Jason) mode is worth that much.

**Sorry for the double post**

Its really your call to make...

If you want it, buy it. If you don't want it, don't but it

I think the games fun to play, and tbh. Thats all i really care about.

Doesn't matter if the games graphics are bad, it has a lot of bugs. If its fun to play, I'm playing it... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jscott991 said:

I know there is a lot of negativity around this game because of the lack of new upcoming content, but with the Steam sale going on, I wanted to see if it was a waste of time to jump in.  Do people still play?

If people are still playing, I had a few questions about gameplay.

Is there a way to only play as counselors?  I was told elsewhere that since so many people prefer Jason, you can almost always end up as a counselor if you want.

How often do you get the counselor you prefer?  This is honestly my biggest question.  If I'm going to have to play as undesirable counselors more often than not, then I probably don't really want the game.

Thanks for any help!

Just buy manhunt and call it a day. To this day, it's still the best murder simulator game ever made.

It's campaign blows this game's pathetic single player challenges out of the water.

True, there's no multiplayer, but just about everyone you play with online is either a try-hard or a crybaby anyway, so it's no real loss. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

True, there's no multiplayer, but just about everyone you play with online is either a try-hard or a crybaby anyway, so it's no real loss.

So you prefer to play with those who try-some and are then are OK with not doing as well? 

I don't know what the middle ground is there.

That's the problem with randoms and needing friends. I don't know if which is worse, PvE or PvP. 

12 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

So you prefer to play with those who try-some and are then are OK with not doing as well? 

I don't know what the middle ground is there.

What I mean is it's so pathetic having Jason's completely obsessed with you the entire match while literally everyone else gets away, people who act like they are hot shit all match and then rage quit the moment you get them, people who are so desperate to win they either use every cheap tactic/exploit they can or come back as Tommy and drive off by themselves and leave everyone else to die...those assholes.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

I would still recommend this game to people, but they should be aware that there are more bugs than most games. If that's not something you can deal with (until they're hopefully fixed), then you shouldn't buy the game. Most bugs aren't big issues, but there are a few that really suck. Some people rarely see any bugs, some people seem to have problems with every other match.

I can deal with most of the bugs I've seen mentioned for the PC version except the random counselor thing.  That's just a total game breaker for me.  

2 minutes ago, jscott991 said:

I can deal with most of the bugs I've seen mentioned for the PC version except the random counselor thing.  That's just a total game breaker for me.  

Then I'd say go ahead and buy it. It's supposed to be fixed in the next update, and it doesn't happen every time. Plus you only start off with a few options, so by the time you unlock more it will probably be fixed.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Then I'd say go ahead and buy it. It's supposed to be fixed in the next update, and it doesn't happen every time. Plus you only start off with a few options, so by the time you unlock more it will probably be fixed.

The Steam reviews suggest it happens most every time.

The person a few posts above says it never happens.  It's just too risky.  I'm not going to commit to a 20 minute game as a character I don't want to play.  It's just not fair to the rest of the group.

1 minute ago, jscott991 said:

Most people like to exaggerate, especially when they're having problems. Just keep that in mind.

• Like 1

@jscott991 If you want opinions on the value of the game, I would say that Friday is an awesome multiplayer experience with some very apparent flaws. I liken it to how most Bethesda fans are willing to ignore the goofy things that sometimes happen in their games because the game itself is fun enough to deal with the issues. I admittedly haven't played much in the last month (God of War has got me), so I can't speak to the current build of the game as far as what glitches occur and what's been fixed, but I can say that in the times I have played I haven't experienced the game breaking issues like crashes and random counselor select except for maybe once every 10-15 matches. Considering each match is 10-20 minutes long, that's like 2-3 hours between each issue. You're definitely going to run into jerks quitting as Jason or as counselors just to avoid being killed, along with little bugs where a window might not open when you push the button or your character will set a bear trap without actually performing the animation. Just watch a couple of twitch feeds or some stream vids on YouTube and you'll see what I mean within a couple of matches. 

So to answer the question "Is it worth $20?", that really comes down to if your interest in the game/Friday franchise is greater than your patience level for quirky game bugs. For me, I got my $40 worth out of it. 

3 hours ago, jscott991 said:

I know there is a lot of negativity around this game because of the lack of new upcoming content, but with the Steam sale going on, I wanted to see if it was a waste of time to jump in.  Do people still play?

If people are still playing, I had a few questions about gameplay.

Is there a way to only play as counselors?  I was told elsewhere that since so many people prefer Jason, you can almost always end up as a counselor if you want.

How often do you get the counselor you prefer?  This is honestly my biggest question.  If I'm going to have to play as undesirable counselors more often than not, then I probably don't really want the game.

Thanks for any help!

If you are a Friday the 13th fan then I think it is worth buying , shit even if you aren't I say buy it. Even though the game has its issues I think it is still playable at least in my opinion. To answer your question if you switch your spawn preference to counselor there is little chance you will get picked as Jason in quick play at least.

30 minutes ago, jscott991 said:

The person a few posts above says it never happens.  It's just too risky.  I'm not going to commit to a 20 minute game as a character I don't want to play.  It's just not fair to the rest of the group.

It doesn't happen that much i think in the last 2-3 weeks it's happened once to me and the group off people i play with and we play a few good hours nearly every night. It's not just you but everyone in that group gets a different character a lot of the times you can get a good laugh with the characters people get, but i do play in a group of friends so we have a laugh with it and treat it as a normal game.

Otherwise the game is a lot of fun and it's even better if you find a group to join and play with and also we have a couple people that only play counsellor but every now and then they will get Jason because of the new system but it might be once a week,  It is a game worth getting  even more if your a fan.

• Like 1

I will definitely buy it again now…..MuahahahAHAHAH!

I just hate going through that 150 Levels again.

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

Here's what I think -

If you're looking for a horror experience and you want to:

A. Kick ass as a survivor - buy Dead by Daylight, just the core game, don't commit to DLC unless you love it.

B. Kick ass as a killer - buy Friday the 13th only because it's on sale and play it in the offline, single player mode. For $20 the single player (Jason) mode is worth that much.

**Sorry for the double post**

Survivors kick ass? I think there are better words like pissing of the Killer.

Even on Friday the 13th: The Game , you can still be at a disadvantage as the Killer.

At only $20, if you're intrested. Buy it. You've already heard alot about it from the above posts. I'll add, I bought this game to escape Crystal Lake. To survive an attack from one of my favorite killers, in a game. I am counselor preferred, you can select that from the main menu by clicking on customize. Then select counselors. (you'll be set to no preference.) I think you start with Vanessa, speedy with great survivability. Jenny, Great composure keeps her fear down and Jason away early in the match. Kenny, the all around do it all type. And Chad, great for fighting Jason and speedy. I could be forgetting someone else. Anyway, your options are all pretty decent. Many will say Jenny is the worst of them. Or, Kenny. But, once you figure out the game you will like them too. I haven't experienced choosing a counselor and not starting the game as them, if I'm chosen as a counselor. Here's the thing! As stated, I'm counselor preferred. I still have to play Jason sometimes, because of this ticket system thing. I'll play 3-4 hours, and get him once in the group I play with. I'm on ps4. Playing Jason can be really fun, lots of cool kills. As soon as you get the game play offline for a couple games to get the hang of it. Because sometimes It's not so fun, when you're up against someone skilled. But, you take your lumps and learn from them. That makes you a better Jason, and you learn some tricks for your counselor play.

35 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Survivors kick ass? I think there are better words like pissing of the Killer.

Even on Friday the 13th: The Game , you can still be at a disadvantage as the Killer.

For survivors kicking ass I mean easy to win. DbD spoon feeds survivor mains. 

For killer, single player means no online nonsense and delivers that straight forward dominating experience. Bots don't teabag. 

1 hour ago, jscott991 said:

Honestly the counselor bug is not that often. When people post reviews; especially negative reviews, they tend to exaggerate their claims. I play with @ausanimal and I can attest to what he is saying regarding the amount of times it happens. He also pointed out another fact...when it happens...it happens to everyone not just one person. So you have people who are used to being stealthy stuck with Vanessa and people who are usually Vanessa get Tiffany... so it is actually fun to try to work with people playing different characters. I personally play 3-4 days a week and around 18-20 hours and have not experienced the character select bug in at least two weeks. You also have to take into account that a lot of the posts on here are from console players who have their own glitches/bugs/issues which do not affect PC players. 

At $20 I would definitely buy the game again in it's current state. The developers have already committed to fixing the bugs that cause true issues inside the game; such as the character select one. I paid full price for my game back in November and have gotten my monies worth out of it time and time again. 

If you do decide to get the game let me know in here and I can add you to my friends list and introduce you to approximately 65-70 other players who frequently play the game in various time zones. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jasix said:

H. He also pointed out another fact...when it happens...it happens to everyone not just one person.

This isn't really a plus.  :)

I just don't think I could stand playing when it's picking my character for me.  If it's one out of 100 times, I guess that's livable.  But one out of 10 or more frequently would have my tearing my hair out (or instantly quitting, which as I said, isn't fair to others trying to play).

4 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

7 out of 10 matches end early because of a variety of bugs.

How is that not broken?

I was finding lobbies on PS4 in under 2 minutes, now it takes nearly 10.

How is that not tied to reduced player count?

I’m having the opposite experience on PS4. I’m getting into QP quicker than ever, and if I had to guess I’d say maybe 4 out of 10 ending early. I’ve been going hard for about 7 months, work, play, sleep, play, work,play, sleep..and so forth.

I have noticed less 150’s and an influx of new players though, and the host quits are worse then ever! For me anyway.

pye