wes

Questions About Future Content

30 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I don't want to go over to dbd, stomping my foot like a child right now. 

To the OP

Tell us your doing an original Wes, come on man.

DBD? Hard pass. There are dozens upon dozens of titles that provide a better horror experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

No. Because the developers can't sit around with their thumbs up their butts waiting to see how this lawsuit shakes out. Illfonic still has to continue to operate. If F13 isn't going to bring them revenue, they will have to move on to another project that does. And if it just so happens more F13 can come later down the line, Illfonic will be on to their next thing and unable to just stop that and come back to F13. 

Come on, guys. Can we use just a little bit of critical thinking?

I'm not asking them to work on F13 every breath taking moment, I'm saying after the lawsuit they could go back to making new DLC for the game, it's not hard. If postal 2 can come out with a DLC years after it came out means they still had love for their game years after it came out. They can still focus on other games they have (Even tho there is like one game they have out besides F13) but it's not hard to rework on a game you love. 

27 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I'm hoping that's the best thing to come out of all of this.

Better,more experienced developers who can take this concept and really do it justice.

I doubt it, developers seem to be more interested in the battle royal format at the moment.

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm not asking them to work on F13 every breath taking moment, I'm saying after the lawsuit they could go back to making new DLC for the game, it's not hard. If postal 2 can come out with a DLC years after it came out means they still had love for their game years after it came out. They can still focus on other games they have (Even tho there is like one game they have out besides F13) but it's not hard to rework on a game you love. 

Have you seen Illfonic's work? Let's be honest. They can barely handle one game at a time, much less two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate being so blunt but it needs to be said.  Each patch fucks the game up more and more. Having the creator basically saying "were done" just really puts a pitchfork in my ass. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Have you seen Illfonic's work? Let's be honest. They can barely handle one game at a time, much less two.

I agree but I'm just saying if you can't go back to work on a game after a period of time then that says something about your team. Who's gonna hire your team to work on games if you can't go back into an old game? 

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

Wes just said no @Ghostboy20 its a bitter pill to swallow, especially with your rectum, but the fat lady is offically singing.

Anything can be swallowed if you have enough beer 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

Better yet, why not just release him now? Before the June deadline. He’s finished. In the game. With all his kills. Just unlock him and patch/update him later. Then it’s not adding new content. I’m not sure why they can’t do that or why @wes or @ShiftySamurai won’t answer that question. It’s a simple solution that would make this whole situation better. 

I'm not even asking for more content after the lawsuit. Just give us Uber and we can be done. Uber was half the reason I bought this game and this just pisses me off so much 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FutureJuggalo said:

what about double XP will that still be possible? @wes

Shifty stated on twitter that they have a double xp weekend planned.

• Thanks 1

Sounds to me like it's time to uninstall for good. This game isn't good enough to get by with no more content to put it bluntly. F13 has by far been one of my biggest gaming disappointments. Glad for those who enjoy it enough to stay, but for me it's over.

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Wait , didn´t he say only in the near future? He never said never.

Considering that the case being resolved in the near future is the BEST CASE scenario, I don't think the case lingering on indefinitely is going to make new content more likely.

36 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I agree with both points.... I think that the real issue is that Gun was gifted the license by Sean and he has now pulled that gift till the lawsuit is resolved, and with the game being a “success “over all, 

who ever ends up with the rights to F13 Victor or Sean, Gun will be expected to pay to license out the rights for F13 the game and that is something Gun isn’t willing to do.

• Like 1

@T.W that should've been the OP... No words, just that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

@T.W that should've been the OP... No words, just that.

It should of with Jason instead of porky pig 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

This is where he says “near future”......

These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. “Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?” The answer is no. 

But he’s saying that even IF the case is resolved in the “near future”, they will not be adding new content. Ever. It’s done. 

Ohhh…..I guess you´re Right …..

If anybody could prove it wrong then please do so...…...

@F134Ever86 , ah shit , man.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I agree with both points.... I think that the real issue is that Gun was gifted the license by Sean and he has now pulled that gift till the lawsuit is resolved, and with the game being a “success “over all, 

who ever ends up with the rights to F13 Victor or Sean, Gun will be expected to pay to license out the rights for F13 the game and that is something Gun isn’t willing to do.

If that's the case why not just say that? It made them sound like they didn't care at all about the game. I can understand it's a pain to get a right to a franchise but If things fall in the right place they could still be able to work on the game and keep it going but the way Wes worded it made it sound like they just don't care. 

• Like 2

@wes

Thank you for posting a response to let us know the state of things. Honestly, I think the only 2 big issues that people have left that some clarification would be great on are:

1. Uber Jason: Specifically, why can’t he be unlocked before the end of June since he’s already in the game? And, why couldn’t he be unlocked down the road if/when the lawsuit is settled since again, he’s already in the game files and would not have to be “created”.

2. When the game servers eventually shut down, will there be some kind of save state so we do not lose all our progress/achievements/unlockables?

i really feel like these are the only 2 big questions left that people would like to hear from you about. Thanks. 

• Like 3