wes

Questions About Future Content

So now that Gun is quitting on the game, do they go to the salt mines? 

I kid. Gotta laugh to keep from crying sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@wes

The narrative before was "different teams can work on different elements of the game."

Soooooooooooo....

Why not keep the employees who are trying to fix the game around,and just let the content people at Illfonic work on other projects. If the lawsuit gets resolved this year,they can then come back to the Jason X content.

So disappointed with this news it is definitely not what anyone wanted to hear..

somethings @wes said make sense others don’t on the end of new content.

( I assume the licensing for Friday the 13th has been pulled from Gun leaving game play mechanics/bug fixes the only thing on the table for you guys to work with.)

my most pressing issue now is needing a patch to save all level unlocks data on our consoles, as we the fans and backers would like to at least be able to play against bots and single player challenges with the characters and items we have unlocked, fix bugs and polish the game after that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, malloymk said:

What do you think, play this game until it dies then just say fuck it and go over to dbd? Sucks that as much as we've argued over F13 being superior, soon it will be gone anyway. There is NO WAY this game can continue with no revenue, and with Wes saying he's not going to go back to adding more stuff after the lawsuit... "It's got a death curse!"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Agreed. I have the content I need. Didn't give a flying flick about Uber Jason or his map. I just want the game 98% bug free so I can enjoy it...right now I do not enjoy it.

Same.

• Like 1

After one year of patches that broke the game each time we all awake to the news of no content ever. Go fuck yourself Wes, gun media.  People backed this game, in some cases donated thousands of dollars just for a year of a broken experience and a poor attempt at single player.  Close up shop. Don't ever make video games again.  Refund your backers and let's pretend this never happened. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Shadesofjoe said:

Same.

None of us have all the content we need as of right now all that content is on their saved servers.... until you can save all that content on your cpu or console it is at risk to go away just like the rest of the game.

2 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

What do you think, play this game until it dies then just say fuck it and go over to dbd? Sucks that as much as we've argued over F13 being superior, soon it will be gone anyway. There is NO WAY this game can continue with no revenue, and with Wes saying he's not going to go back to adding more stuff after the lawsuit... "It's got a death curse!"

I don't want to go over to dbd, stomping my foot like a child right now. 

To the OP

Tell us your doing an original Wes, come on man.

9 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Dang, it was a long way until now. Such a shame. 

Fun fact: this July 13th is my birthday, such a cool gift you guys made to me and all F13 fans out there.

That's awesome, my birthday is also on Friday July 13th, now my fun fact: I was born on a Friday the 13th, and so was my Son. 

9 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

This games sales demonstrated an overwhelming market- someone who can make it bug free will pick up a huge, comparatively untapped market; I've made dozens of friends from this game who would jump in a blink if a similar concept played through cleanly and consistently. As far as my needs, DBD is not that game.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SDA said:

This games sales demonstrated an overwhelming market- someone who can make it bug free will pick up a huge, comparatively untapped market; I've made dozens of friends from this game who would jump in a blink if a similar concept played through cleanly and consistently.

I'm hoping that's the best thing to come out of all of this.

Better,more experienced developers who can take this concept and really do it justice.

11 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I'm holding out on buying that until this game officially dies, as in servers go offline.

So let me get this straight, if the lawsuits ends and you guys can go back to working on the game you can't? Because you guys will be rusty or something? I mean postal 2 got a DLC after years of it being done and the team worked on other projects over time and then made a new DLC for the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hu_soldier13 said:

I'm holding out on buying that until this game officially dies, as in servers go offline.

Ahhhh it's 9.99 on sale right now on steam,take the plunge and stash it away if you are PC.

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

So let me get this straight, if the lawsuits ends and you guys can go back to working on the game you can't? Because you guys will be rusty or something? I mean postal 2 got a DLC after years of it being done and the team worked on other projects over time and then made a new DLC for the game. 

They made their money and they're done. As a backer I feel embarrassed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah, that kinda sounded like a copout. I can't wait to buy the next Gun Media product, where they've decided that minor, time standard advancement in technology- in making video games- is just too overwhelming for them to keep up with, so you know it's going to be good!

That's the answer you're going with?

Thanks for the update, @wes.  This allows everyone here to move forward and re-prioritize our collective and individual focus.  Rumors and suppositions were making this place unhealthy, so it's nice to be able to finally have a definitive answer on something, even if it's not what a lot of folks were hoping to hear.

For my own edification, I'm assuming that in this instance, "content" includes any sort of tweaks to the asymmetric pvp game mode, such as possibility of a more robust customization suite for private matches, or any sort of playlist variant outside of Quick Play for non-private matches, correct?

Again, thanks for the info.

16 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

No. Because the developers can't sit around with their thumbs up their butts waiting to see how this lawsuit shakes out. Illfonic still has to continue to operate. If F13 isn't going to bring them revenue, they will have to move on to another project that does. And if it just so happens more F13 can come later down the line, Illfonic will be on to their next thing and unable to just stop that and come back to F13. 

Come on, guys. Can we use just a little bit of critical thinking?

They can't pause development for months at a time? Lol, what?  Thats just normal operations for them.

Why not continue fixes and if issue is resolved in the near future continue adding content. This just seems like an easy out that they grabbed hold of. Here's an example of a developer that came back over a decade after release to add content. 

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://kotaku.com/developer-announces-dlc-for-11-year-old-game-1589179083/amp&ved=2ahUKEwjk8IalsuXbAhVMat4KHV0cApcQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw35wQg2ypUPh9FdeLDlG28Y&ampcf=1

• Thanks 3

This makes no sense to me, its pretty clear that Uber Jason is pretty much done and the only thing keeping him out is the lawsuit. Why not just release him when its settled. This is fucking heart breaking. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Thanks for the update, @wes.  This allows everyone here to move forward and re-prioritize our collective and individual focus.  Rumors and suppositions were making this place unhealthy, so it's nice to be able to finally have a definitive answer on something, even if it's not what a lot of folks were hoping to hear.

For my own edification, I'm assuming that in this instance, "content" includes any sort of tweaks to the asymmetric pvp game mode, such as possibility of a more robust customization suite for private matches, or any sort of playlist variant outside of Quick Play for non-private matches, correct?

Again, thanks for the info.

Im pretty sure this is an Ivan Drago scenario Mr Creed.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees said:

After one year of patches that broke the game each time we all awake to the news of no content ever. Go fuck yourself Wes, gun media.  People backed this game, in some cases donated thousands of dollars just for a year of a broken experience and a poor attempt at single player.  Close up shop. Don't ever make video games again.  Refund your backers and let's pretend this never happened. 

Ouch!!  .. As long as the game continues to work I can live with it. But if it completely stops working after a short time after all of the $ that backers and retail customers spent then I would say they would open themselves up to legal action from consumers. Hope it never comes to this so just keep the game going with current content and fixes and allow us to keep playing the game. This is all I ask. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Happy birthday, brother.

• Thanks 1