wes

Questions About Future Content

On 4/20/2020 at 12:49 PM, Jason Lover said:

To tell you the truth I can't wait for either Sean Cunningham or Victor Miller to croak.

Ooof kinda harsh there bro i mean i understand the lawsuit puts alot Friday the 13th related things on hold but damn.😳

10 hours ago, MonsterManiaMadness said:

Ooof kinda harsh there bro i mean i understand the lawsuit puts alot Friday the 13th related things on hold but damn.😳

I'm only being semi-serious. If it didn't get a chuckle out of ya then I'm sorry.

Will we ever get to play as Jason X? The virtual cabin challenge was a grind to figure out and not getting any reward for it was kind of a let down. I know you guys are working like crazy and I don't wanna add pressure to you, it is a fun game but I would like to suggest some minor things. Perhaps make Jason and the councillors able to run over small rocks and fences. It would also be awesome to be able to play as councillors in offline mode. I think it'd help new players figure out how to play before heading straight into multiplayer mode with random people. 

Also in offline play as Jason soon as you grab a councillor they wriggle and stab you within seconds obviously you need to hurt them enough so they stop fighting back so much when you grab them, However online once Jason Grabs you by the neck you've gotta repeatedly button mash until he let's go but kills you instantly. 

On 6/21/2018 at 9:53 AM, wes said:

Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business.

Unfortunately that is where I believe you are wrong @wes. Everything you developed “could’ve been” put to the side until this whole mess was figured out, gone to Sean or Victor about what is called a “rerelease” except what is included is AAAAAAAAALL the DLC content that was created added in (kinda like you did with “Ulitmate Slasher” Edition) and either call it “Friday the 13th: The Game Part 2” or “Friday the 13th: The Body Count Edition” or something. Video game companies do it all the time (one of the most recent that come to mind is Bulletstorm, Darksiders I & 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Doom 1 &2, etc).

I don’t know how anyone else feels the same, but I feel you tossed all content you had made to be released because instead of releasing that content ya’ll decided to instead work on the game engine, where if the content was released and THEN the lawsuit happened the engine could’ve been updated then. After all that would be considered maintenance not adding content (Rock, tree, cloud, etc). I get why you cannot add to the game, but c’mon man that is just a pathetic attempt to not actually do it. Kinda seems like you folks realized you f’ed up and now trying to separate yourselves from the project.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m as big of a fan of the franchise and of this game as much as anyone else is.....but it seems like guilt has overridden you folks and now are just wondering how long it will be before you shut the servers down and the game becomes a waste to play. I apologize for sounding like a dick, but I felt that quote was not only bs and fictional, but that quote also made me feel to say my piece but call it out. Feel free to call me out here or even on Twitter @ConnorsMikeNJ

1 hour ago, Domo said:

Will we ever get to play as Jason X? The virtual cabin challenge was a grind to figure out and not getting any reward for it was kind of a let down

It was a let down, but unless we see it “remastered” after the lawsuit clears we will not see any content released for this game.

What they SHOULD do is when everything is settled, @wes and co. should take whatever rights the still have tied to the game and sell it to a developer that is willing to take on the project and not only release it with every imaginable Jason skin, campgrounds, counselors and more but release it without any “launch day meltdowns” and smoother gameplay. Great game, but @GunMedia and Illfonic dropped the ball and in a bad way.

@Jason Lover, either gentleman passing away won't guarantee that the lawsuit ends. Each side has other people that could carry the fight on for who knows how long. It would be nice if they could come together and sort this out.

@Domo, welcome to the forum. Jason X and an offline counselor more are both not happening. The lawsuit brought new content to a complete halt. There are a number of posts about the subject, but this topic will give you some useful information:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20022-legal-claim-and-the-road-ahead/

@MikeNJ6666, the rights for an F13 product cannot be sold by Gun or Illfonic. The best one can hope for is an entirely new F13 game sometime after the lawsuit ends, whenever that may be.

So...its been damn near 2yrs since they got slammed with this lawsuit... is this thing over YET? And if so, why hasn't development began again on the game?

I mean I know damned well I'm more or less wishing upon a star for my dead dog to come back to life here but come on! I wanna believe the devs didn't abandon this less than a month after the lawsuit hit!

2 hours ago, deathsia said:

So...its been damn near 2yrs since they got slammed with this lawsuit... is this thing over YET? And if so, why hasn't development began again on the game?

I mean I know damned well I'm more or less wishing upon a star for my dead dog to come back to life here but come on! I wanna believe the devs didn't abandon this less than a month after the lawsuit hit!

one of the lawyers, larry zerner, said that on this month the case would get into a conclusion. but it doesnt mean everything will be over cuz it can be sent to the lower corts. i saw this on this vid :

2 hours ago, deathsia said:

i mean i am kind of optimist. i sincerely belive that updates and investiments are going to increase if the case ends. it would not be big as they were planned to be, but they will be fun. people like this game, if the game start being updated with new content it may actually do an epic comeback.

Since y'all can work on bugs, isn't there a way to do a workaround the lawsuit?

I have seen that there is so much unreleased content, why not just release it?

It's not a new thing, since it's been there for quite some while. Why not just say "Fixed a bug that prevented some clothing from appearing in the character customization menu." and add it in? Unfortunately, and it pains me to say this, the game is kind of dying with only a few fans remaining. Isn't there a way to do that? I would love to see the console-exclusive clothes (on PC)  along with the DLC and unreleased clothes in the game.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 7:02 PM, WhateverIGuess said:

Since y'all can work on bugs, isn't there a way to do a workaround the lawsuit?I have seen that there is so much unreleased content, why not just release it?

Because they would get sued. There is no legal workaround. If they add anything new to the game without prior authorization from the rights holders, they will be dealing with their own lawsuit. The rights holders cant give authorization because the ongoing lawsuit is to determine who the rights holders are.

@deathsia, they didn't abandon the game. They have been supporting the game the entire time since the lawsuit started. Servers aren't free, but yet we are still playing on them. Gun is the one's footing the bill for that. It takes a while, but they are still patching the game. I don't understand why everyone is screaming they have abandoned the game. If they had, you wouldn't be able to play the game at all online.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 9:24 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Because they would get sued. There is no legal workaround. If they add anything new to the game without prior authorization from the rights holders, they will be dealing with their own lawsuit. The rights holders cant give authorization because the ongoing lawsuit is to determine who the rights holders are.

@deathsia, they didn't abandon the game. They have been supporting the game the entire time since the lawsuit started. Servers aren't free, but yet we are still playing on them. Gun is the one's footing the bill for that. It takes a while, but they are still patching the game. I don't understand why everyone is screaming they have abandoned the game. If they had, you wouldn't be able to play the game at all online.

It could literally be as simple as Gun won't let them abandon it for PR reasons even though they have given up on adding any new content to the game. Or it could of been handed off to a B team of devs who also work for Gun whose only job is to maintain the game while they attempt to recoup their investment. Or they could be like you said not giving up on the game but at this point, it's more than likely its been abandoned by the devs and one of the two(or a combination of both) scenarios i mentioned are playing out since this game is so old by now that Gun wouldn't bother funding more content on what they most likely view as a "dead game on life support" despite what the community would like to think.

Do I still hope they haven't abandoned it? Of course but i'm a realist and in reality, the odds of this game getting new content(assuming Gun wins the lawsuit) is HIGHLY UNLIKELY. 😕

5 hours ago, deathsia said:

It could literally be as simple as Gun won't let them abandon it for PR reasons even though they have given up on adding any new content to the game. Or it could of been handed off to a B team of devs who also work for Gun whose only job is to maintain the game while they attempt to recoup their investment. Or they could be like you said not giving up on the game but at this point, it's more than likely its been abandoned by the devs and one of the two(or a combination of both) scenarios i mentioned are playing out since this game is so old by now that Gun wouldn't bother funding more content on what they most likely view as a "dead game on life support" despite what the community would like to think.

Do I still hope they haven't abandoned it? Of course but i'm a realist and in reality, the odds of this game getting new content(assuming Gun wins the lawsuit) is HIGHLY UNLIKELY. 😕

What are you talking about? Gun “CANT” add content to the game. The lawsuit is preventing that. Not Gun. As far as them adding content if they win the lawsuit, they aren’t even one of the parties involved in the lawsuit. Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham are the two fighting for the rights. Regardless how the lawsuit turns out, they would have to be given the rights to the game all over again just be able to finish and release the content that didn’t make it before the deadline. 

1. Gun didn’t abandon the game.

2. The game is not dead. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 5:18 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

What are you talking about? Gun “CANT” add content to the game. The lawsuit is preventing that. Not Gun. As far as them adding content if they win the lawsuit, they aren’t even one of the parties involved in the lawsuit. Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham are the two fighting for the rights. Regardless how the lawsuit turns out, they would have to be given the rights to the game all over again just be able to finish and release the content that didn’t make it before the deadline. 

2. The game is not dead. 

Do you know how this works...AT ALL? Unless the dev team is entirely indie(as in no publisher) the dev teams gets the majority of their funding/promotional material from their publisher in exchange for a percentage of the profits to recoup their investment into the dev team or whatever their contract terms state.

The dev team HAS A PUBLISHER and is or was obviously funding them. How else in the hell are they going to get the ORIGINAL ACTOR who played Jason and pay the guy? What? You think they announced "Hey, we're making F13 game here!" and he just went: "Oh hey! I'll help you guys make it and for free too!"? HAHAHAH-No. -_- Gun footed the bill to pay him because unless one of the devs IS RICH AS FUCK, they can not afford that man's wages. Not to mention the motion capture tech's pricetag was clearly footed by Gun as well.

So YES, IT IS UP TO GUN whether or not more content comes out since they are paying or were paying the dev team's wages to make this game. In fact if it is as you say, THE ONLY THING Gun hasn't paid for were the usage rights to F13 IP which would explain the lawsuit since one of a few scenarios played out:

• The devs probably never legally obtained them. 
  • They thought the F13 IP became public domain but it didn't.
  • They forgot to pay someone royalties.
  • Their method of obtaining IP usage rights was through a source that didn't legally have the rights to sell them usage rights to begin with and conned them out of a bunch of cash for phony usage rights while they now try to prove this.

OR

It could be any form of legal red tape the point is, we have NO IDEA what caused development to become halted aside from this lawsuit and what we know about it.

Case and point is this: YES, it is up to Gun whether or not more content comes out unless this dev team wants to turn this into a labor of love and risk putting themselves in a shitton of debt to continue to add more content to the game.

Secondly, a game is largely considered "dead" when no new content or major updates are added to it for more than a year. And patching bugs or changing small things IS NOT a major update or new content.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, deathsia said:

Secondly, a game is largely considered "dead" when no new content or major updates are added to it for more than a year. And patching bugs or changing small things IS NOT a major update or new content.

Sadly i have to agree with deathsia here as much as it hurts.😢

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, deathsia said:

YES, it is up to Gun whether or not more content comes out

Umm no it's not.You do realize another Friday the 13th game was/is affected by this correct?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deathsia said:

Do you know how this works...AT ALL? 

I know how it works. It's clear that you have no clue. Maybe read up on the lawsuit a little and educate yourself?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deathsia said:

Everything you just said is wrong....at least when it comes to the development of this game.

Friday the 13th the game was funded by a Kickstarter / Slasher Backer campaign.

As Gun media decided this was the best Course of action to make the game the way they wanted to make it.

The money gathered from the Kickstarter/slasher backer campaign Paid for Illfonic’s development of the the game and all the motion capture/ actors/ stunt-men and women, all equipment and Harry and Kanes particular Participation in the game’s development.....

future DLC and release sales (digital and physical copies) paid for continued development.

as for Future content Gun is no longer allowed to add new content because doing so would drag them into the current lawsuit........Adding content especially content that can provide substantial monetary gain.....would then fall into needing to pay Sean or Victor royalties....

As Gun was given a cut off date to put final approved/ finished items into the game by their counsel....

Anything Not finished or not approved added would then put them in the crossfire of the lawsuit.....

And being as this is an ongoing issue determining ownership......that has lasted over 2 years.

It is something Gun is actively avoiding getting dragged into....

There is a-lot of officially info out there Explaining how this process affected Gun and Other Friday the 13th products/properties.

• Thanks 1

So we have any news on what's happened? Last bit of news was "seems like june is when it'll happen"... Well June passed. Where are we at?

33 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

So we have any news on what's happened? Last bit of news was "seems like june is when it'll happen"... Well June passed. Where are we at?

Covid-19 has probably pushed back the date if nothing has been announced yet.

I haven't seen any official news on the matter, but if anyone else hears something, someone will let us know.

what I want to know if savini jason will EVER be available for sale publicly. id really really really like to have it.

3 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

what I want to know if savini jason will EVER be available for sale publicly. id really really really like to have it.

NO, and I wouldn't mention it again.This thread will get shut down or removed. Kodiak has little tolerance on that subject due to past topics relating to that.

• Thanks 1

Burning Jason won't be a thing for sale. That said, it's overblown as to how "awesome" it is. His grip strength is low meaning even a Chad can wriggle out of it fast, meaning you likely will only get to use the choke, environmental kills are difficult to pull off, and the time taken to do something other than the choke can mean the counselor wriggled free. His Weapon has only three kills and only one of them is really any fun. His setup is Destruction and Weapon Damage, meaning that he is basically meant to chase and slash. 

The most jarring thing about him, however, is how he looks nothing like any of the other Jason models, namely in the shape of his head, and it's become jarring enough for me that I don't use him much.

Back on topic: What I foresee is that when this case is resolved, the best thing we can hope for is a Sequel game. That said, I want to be able to go against bots just like I am now in this game. I want to play offline with my data, use my unlockables, etc. Honestly, despite the bugs in this game, I love it. You feel powerful when You're Jason and you feel scared as a Counselor and I wouldn't ever change that formula. I want Jason to remain "broken" and OP and able to kill any counselor in his hand instantly. I want the counselors to be the only ones with Perks. I want the same arbitrarily difficult rules for needing to kill Jason. I love the expertly motion captured kills, and having reached rank 150 on my offline only copy on PS4, I'm STILL frequently playing vs Bots just because it's so satisfying. A sequel would need to retain all of that, and frankly, that's a daunting task.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:11 AM, deathsia said:

On 6/17/2020 at 5:18 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

2. The game is not dead. 

On 7/8/2020 at 6:17 PM, Fair Play said:

Covid-19 has probably pushed back the date if nothing has been announced yet.

I haven't seen any official news on the matter, but if anyone else hears something, someone will let us know.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/28610-statement-on-content-status-in-friday-the-13th-the-game/

tenor.gif?itemid=5391533

F13DEAD.gif?raw=1

• Haha 1