wes

Questions About Future Content

On 4/20/2020 at 12:49 PM, Jason Lover said:

To tell you the truth I can't wait for either Sean Cunningham or Victor Miller to croak.

Ooof kinda harsh there bro i mean i understand the lawsuit puts alot Friday the 13th related things on hold but damn.😳

10 hours ago, MonsterManiaMadness said:

Ooof kinda harsh there bro i mean i understand the lawsuit puts alot Friday the 13th related things on hold but damn.😳

I'm only being semi-serious. If it didn't get a chuckle out of ya then I'm sorry.

Will we ever get to play as Jason X? The virtual cabin challenge was a grind to figure out and not getting any reward for it was kind of a let down. I know you guys are working like crazy and I don't wanna add pressure to you, it is a fun game but I would like to suggest some minor things. Perhaps make Jason and the councillors able to run over small rocks and fences. It would also be awesome to be able to play as councillors in offline mode. I think it'd help new players figure out how to play before heading straight into multiplayer mode with random people. 

Also in offline play as Jason soon as you grab a councillor they wriggle and stab you within seconds obviously you need to hurt them enough so they stop fighting back so much when you grab them, However online once Jason Grabs you by the neck you've gotta repeatedly button mash until he let's go but kills you instantly. 

On 6/21/2018 at 9:53 AM, wes said:

Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business.

Unfortunately that is where I believe you are wrong @wes. Everything you developed “could’ve been” put to the side until this whole mess was figured out, gone to Sean or Victor about what is called a “rerelease” except what is included is AAAAAAAAALL the DLC content that was created added in (kinda like you did with “Ulitmate Slasher” Edition) and either call it “Friday the 13th: The Game Part 2” or “Friday the 13th: The Body Count Edition” or something. Video game companies do it all the time (one of the most recent that come to mind is Bulletstorm, Darksiders I & 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Doom 1 &2, etc).

I don’t know how anyone else feels the same, but I feel you tossed all content you had made to be released because instead of releasing that content ya’ll decided to instead work on the game engine, where if the content was released and THEN the lawsuit happened the engine could’ve been updated then. After all that would be considered maintenance not adding content (Rock, tree, cloud, etc). I get why you cannot add to the game, but c’mon man that is just a pathetic attempt to not actually do it. Kinda seems like you folks realized you f’ed up and now trying to separate yourselves from the project.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m as big of a fan of the franchise and of this game as much as anyone else is.....but it seems like guilt has overridden you folks and now are just wondering how long it will be before you shut the servers down and the game becomes a waste to play. I apologize for sounding like a dick, but I felt that quote was not only bs and fictional, but that quote also made me feel to say my piece but call it out. Feel free to call me out here or even on Twitter @ConnorsMikeNJ

1 hour ago, Domo said:

Will we ever get to play as Jason X? The virtual cabin challenge was a grind to figure out and not getting any reward for it was kind of a let down

It was a let down, but unless we see it “remastered” after the lawsuit clears we will not see any content released for this game.

What they SHOULD do is when everything is settled, @wes and co. should take whatever rights the still have tied to the game and sell it to a developer that is willing to take on the project and not only release it with every imaginable Jason skin, campgrounds, counselors and more but release it without any “launch day meltdowns” and smoother gameplay. Great game, but @GunMedia and Illfonic dropped the ball and in a bad way.

@Jason Lover, either gentleman passing away won't guarantee that the lawsuit ends. Each side has other people that could carry the fight on for who knows how long. It would be nice if they could come together and sort this out.

@Domo, welcome to the forum. Jason X and an offline counselor more are both not happening. The lawsuit brought new content to a complete halt. There are a number of posts about the subject, but this topic will give you some useful information:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20022-legal-claim-and-the-road-ahead/

@MikeNJ6666, the rights for an F13 product cannot be sold by Gun or Illfonic. The best one can hope for is an entirely new F13 game sometime after the lawsuit ends, whenever that may be.