wes

Questions About Future Content

Probably due to the 3 platforms in combination with a small company. I would focus on 1 platform and roll that out or something. Then again, you don't want another PayDay 2 situation...were the console owners are basically screwed. Though that was last gen consoles... that might be an entire different story nowadays. 

On 7/2/2019 at 5:53 AM, Hemi said:

What about an option to skip the intro movies for the challenges? Would that be considered new content?

I hope not!

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I hope not!

I wouldn't think it would be "new content". It's just an adjustment to skip past something people have seen quite a few times. I hope it would be a thing at some point, just as you and many others feel the same way.

On 7/3/2019 at 8:25 PM, Fair Play said:

I wouldn't think it would be "new content". It's just an adjustment to skip past something people have seen quite a few times. I hope it would be a thing at some point, just as you and many others feel the same way.

Im having my hopes up at the moment....

10 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Im having my hopes up at the moment....

Many of us are hoping for a multitude of things. Some of us will be appeased in the future, while others might not be.

At this point, I just want client side saves. I want to be able to pick this game up and play a round where Part 7 uses the wood axe.

3 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

At this point, I just want client side saves. I want to be able to pick this game up and play a round where Part 7 uses the wood axe.

In an ideal world, that would be the final thing we get from the developers. Most of us are hoping for it, someday.

On 7/2/2019 at 4:53 AM, Hemi said:

What about an option to skip the intro movies for the challenges? Would that be considered new content?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that was brought up in their stream quite a while back. Wes specifically said this was not even possible. Something about the animations tied to something and blah blah blah would get out of sync and they just can't simply skip the intros. Sorry can't be more specific but it didn't make much sense when I heard it.

4 hours ago, undrtkr said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that was brought up in their stream quite a while back. Wes specifically said this was not even possible. Something about the animations tied to something and blah blah blah would get out of sync and they just can't simply skip the intros. Sorry can't be more specific but it didn't make much sense when I heard it.

So much for that item on the wish list...

So is the game totally done? I’ve been trying to keep up with the lawsuit stuff and I read that gun media and illfonic don’t even run the game it’s a different company. So Uber Jason and updates aren’t gonna happen at all? Cause I watched an interview with victor miller and he said he wants what we want. He loves the idea of the game. So I just want the game around. I’m not done with it yet. 

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:02 AM, CanadianNuts said:

So is the game totally done? I’ve been trying to keep up with the lawsuit stuff and I read that gun media and illfonic don’t even run the game it’s a different company. So Uber Jason and updates aren’t gonna happen at all? Cause I watched an interview with victor miller and he said he wants what we want. He loves the idea of the game. So I just want the game around. I’m not done with it yet. 

"End of Content" does not mean "End of Game".

It sounds like you have been keeping up on this with information spread around by the trolls in the steam community.
   Illfonic is no longer working on the game... and now Gun Media has taken on Black Tower Studios to continue with patches and game balance.
   Uber Jason was not completed before the deadline and cannot be added... and neither can anything else that was not completed before the deadline. Fixes for bugs and glitches... along with balancing the game can still be done... It just seems to take forever and a day for patches to come out.
   People have been saying this game is dead for a very, very long time now... since before I bought the game 2 years ago. When you can still play the game... and when others are still playing the game, it is NOT dead. The people saying this do not understand what the word "dead" means... and are just acting like trolls. Do not listen to trolls... they are generally full of shit. The size of the player base is irrelevant... the fact that it has a player base is enough to tell you that it is not dead.

Of course Victor Miller said he wants what we want. He gets nothing from this game as it stands right now, whether or not he wins the legal battle or not. When it is all over and decided... if ANYTHING was added to the game, now he would get money from the game... But how much does he want? What would be a reasonable sum to pay him? (Your opinion, my opinion and the opinion of ANYONE else on this matter... that is not involved with this matter... is completely irrelevant). Does he get money for all of the copies of the game that were sold before the decision, or does the money come from what was made after the decision? Either way... chances are he wants way too much of a piece of it to justify adding anything to the game even if he wins the legal battle. He was just telling everyone what they wanted to hear to make him look good in the eyes of the fandom.
    Paying another holder of the rights was not in the budget.
    There will never be any more content added to this game... this has been said innumerable times. 
    Also, after the flak he took from the fandom after the end of content was announced... what did you expect him to say? Of course he wants the game to move forward... he would make money off of it that he is not entitled to unless new content was added, even if he wins... And like I said above... exactly how much does he want?... He sure as shit is not answering this question.
    Also... there is a great many details about the lawsuit... and issues with the rights that the public is not informed about. That is just the way it is.

Also... welcome to the forums.

• Thanks 1

There is a lot that I wanna see added to this game as far as content but came to the realization no new content will be added. All I can hope for is that after the dust settles after the lawsuit is that a sequel game is made and not only include what content that has been released, but the new content we were looking for and the game “possibly” called “Friday The 13th: The Game Part 2”. Still play the game and still love it.

• Like 1

Part 2 is a no brainer really.  It sells like hot cakes and the steam sales were a good example of it's popularity. 

• Like 1

pardon, if this sounds naive to you, but I hope they sell the game to another company eventually, a company that sees the potential and who is possibly willing to pay for the copyright of the franchise. That would be a nice solution no? But how much would it cost, maybe it could even be crowdfunded?

23 minutes ago, abx said:

pardon, if this sounds naive to you, but I hope they sell the game to another company eventually, a company that sees the potential and who is possibly willing to pay for the copyright of the franchise. That would be a nice solution no? But how much would it cost, maybe it could even be crowdfunded?

The lawsuit is the real difficulty, I wish it was a simple as a bigger company buying the game and making things right. The Pubs have made a lot of mistakes but they also had the dream and ambition to make this game possible, so I’m not looking to disrespect them by saying it should be in another companies hands, if they are done then I hope someone else will have the dream and ambition to finish what they started. 

I will say, I don’t think they realize what they had or reality of the business prevents them from seeing it. The potential of this game to expand is obvious, at least to some of the fans. Glad you joined, I look forward to seeing how long your optimism lasts. (Jk)

Thanks!

I respect for the passion the guys at Illfonic and Gun Media have put into, they made a great product, almost perfect. But the era of packaged multiplayer games is gone, now games shape alongside the community, they love and live to see their favorite games being evolved with the feedback of the community. So that's why I'm saying I'd rather see the game be bought by another company that sees the potential. But yeah, you never know what hands might get it. They might even screw it up, for all we know, like I wonder what would happen, if some major company like Bethesda or EA bought it :D

This game is an atomic bomb in terms of potential, the only limit is your fantasy (and copyright), ...unlike Dead by daylight, for example that is a much more limited survival experience, confined in the pretty boring realms of the entity (compared the realistic scenario of F-13) ...including hooks, pallets, camping killers and ever trolling survivors. 

What am I saying is that this is most likely the asymmetrical multiplayer horror game with most potential of them all, maybe only rivaled by Deceit in terms of a rich survival or killing experience. Maybe the only downside of both games is voice communication, because abusers of our ears are always plenty. And here Dead by Daylight thought well not to include voice-comms in their game as they specified in ther stream. However voice-comm is a great, amazing feature, when it's not abused. I wonder how on earth decibel limiting filters are never added. Seriously you can go deaf with some of these obnoxious people that bombard you with such loud noisy sounds and music.
In the end I hope more Dead By Daylight fans discover Friday the 13th game. I personally put it on hold because discouraged and frustrated by the DBD killers, and seeing how OP is Jason, I thought the game will be no fun for me. Oh, how wrong I was. Each match is entertaining, cinematic, almost like a movie :D and if you die first you can come back as Tommy, so basically the most unlucky gets a second chance... that's just genius!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, abx said:

They might even screw it up, for all we know, like I wonder what would happen, if some major company like Bethesda or EA bought it

I can tell you what would happen if Bethesda or EA bought his game... They would find a way to incorporate loot boxes into the game... new content or not. EA is particularly bad for that. And both companies have older games with more bugs than this one.

In the end I hope more Dead By Daylight fans discover Friday the 13th game.

About half of my friend's list also plays Dead by Daylight... and my list is almost exclusively F13 players. Maybe four of five people that do not play F13 in it.
   I just can't bring myself to get that game... The hooks only make sense for Leatherface. If they changed some mechanics to suit the killers, I would think about it... but they just use the same mechanics with all killers... Why is Freddy hanging people on meat hooks?... or Ghostface… or anyone other than Leatherface for that matter?... This is one of those questions that we were not meant to know the answer to, and if we ever discovered the answer... it would drive us insane.
    This is not my only reason for not getting that game... just the most amusing reason.

and seeing how OP is Jason, I thought the game will be no fun for me. Oh, how wrong I was.

When I found out about this game and looked into it... I thought for sure I would be bored of it within a month... I was wrong... oh so wrong.

I think in legal terms the CAN'T add stuff to the game but lets say, making the screwdriver (which is only available to Jason for a contextual kill) also available to counselors to stab Jason like the pocket knifes...does that count as new content? I mean assets are already in the game

dude fuck whoever started this lawsuit, ruined the future of an absolutely incredible game. Hopefully one day, another developer will pick up where Gun left off and make a sequel or something like that.

• Thanks 1