wes

Questions About Future Content

2 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

two of those games have been in the works for more than a year a company can work on multiple projects at once now it looks bleak but if the dust settles soon ya never know 

Thank you!

Well. There were so many interesting possibilities and it was stopped by greed and money. I do not know why the game was created, since there was no certainty about the license (-,-)

9 hours ago, blablabla said:

Well. There were so many interesting possibilities and it was stopped by greed and money. I do not know why the game was created, since there was no certainty about the license (-,-)

everyone thought it would be settled prior to termination point in June but obviously was not 

6 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

everyone thought it would be settled prior to termination point in June but obviously was not 

Interesting. Anyone know the current status of the court case?

On 9/22/2018 at 7:56 AM, aurllcooljay said:

Interesting. Anyone know the current status of the court case?

Nope. But it would be nice if someone could write whether the team gave up and that's the end or whether any legal steps are still going on.

On 9/23/2018 at 9:01 AM, blablabla said:

Nope. But it would be nice if someone could write whether the team gave up and that's the end or whether any legal steps are still going on.

The short answer is Victor Miller won, & Gun Media said they will make a statement sometime next week, but don’t get your hopes up because I’m willing to wager vital parts of my anatomy it will probably go something like this:

“Congratulations to Victor Miller, we at Gun Media hope he got exactly what he has coming to him.  That said, sadly we cannot continue making new content for the following reasons:

1) Until Sean Cunningham decides to either settle, or appeal we cannot continue making new content. 

2) Now say that Sean & Victor come to a final decision, we still cannot complete the new content because Illfonic is no longer making it, & Dark Tower has only been brought on to fix bugs, on the final game, NOTHING MORE.

3) The work that was being done on the photos, the future kill packs, the pajama clothing packs, Uber Jason, & the Grendel stage have all been deleted, & that work cannot be started over

We love you F13 fans, & your dedication to the movies, the characters, & importantly . . . The game, but from this point on the best advice we can give you is to move on(just as we have.) Believe me this is twice as painful for us as it is for you, but this time we’re are not going to continue working on Friday the 13th: The Game.

Thank you for being such good campers,

The team of Gun Media

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, quothetheraven79 said:

The short answer is Victor Miller won, & Gun Media said they will make a statement sometime next week, but don’t get your hopes up because I’m willing to wager vital parts of my anatomy it will probably go something like this:

“Congratulations to Victor Miller, we at Gun Media hope he got exactly what he has coming to him.  That said, sadly we cannot continue making new content for the following reasons:

1) Until Sean Cunningham decides to either settle, or appeal we cannot continue making new content. 

2) Now say that Sean & Victor come to a final decision, we still cannot complete the new content because Illfonic is no longer making it, & Dark Tower has only been brought on to fix bugs, on the final game, NOTHING MORE.

3) The work that was being done on the photos, the future kill packs, the pajama clothing packs, Uber Jason, & the Grendel stage have all been deleted, & that work cannot be started over

We love you F13 fans, & your dedication to the movies, the characters, & importantly . . . The game, but from this point on the best advice we can give you is to move on(just as we have.) Believe me this is twice as painful for us as it is for you, but this time we’re are not going to continue working on Friday the 13th: The Game.

The team of Gun Media

This isn't constructive. Let's stay positive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, quothetheraven79 said:

The team of Gun Media

This sounds so realistic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XxHollowFactorxX said:

So not willing to make content, even though miller won.. but will milk the shit out of the game.. with a slasher edition? logic?

We don't know how this ruling will effect the possibility of future content. I personally believe it won't, and no new content will stand. I believe this partly because I think this is only the first round of a long legal struggle. It might still come down to not being legally allowed to move forward rather then not being willing to do so.

As far as the ultimate slasher edition, I believe that was planned long before the lawsuit caused the legal limbo. It's probably the only reason they were allowed to proceed with it. 

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

We don't know how this ruling will effect the possibility of future content. I personally believe it won't, and no new content will stand. I believe this partly because I think this is only the first round of a long legal struggle. It might still come down to not being legally allowed to move forward rather then not being willing to do so.

As far as the ultimate slasher edition, I believe that was planned long before the lawsuit caused the legal limbo. It's probably the only reason they were allowed to proceed with it. 

if that were true, the we would have gotten, jason x since that was already finished and needed some touch ups.. but then again.. alot of this whole legal shit doesn't make sense. seems more like a ploy to get money do, very little.. and then use the legal shit as an excuse to not continue.

From what I heard the only issue now is if sean will appeal or settle, because Mask jason is still being reviewed or the such.

The thing that got me, was the uber leak on p.c. and then the news of the lawsuit and content probably about a week later. That just seemed suspect to me, sorry i'm being honest.

In any case all i wanted was uber Jason. I could actually live without the grendel map.

Regardless, i'm pessimistic we will get what we want. Though least that way if i'm wrong it's a nice surprise.

@wes Okay I get it. My favorite game is dying. Now just bug fix and GIVE ME MOD TOOLS AND CUSTOM GAME OPTIONS IN PRIVATE MATCH. I want to extend the game time, make it so only certain counselors can perform certain repairs, and set the music to off , meaning counselors don’t freak out unless the characters PHYSICALLY see Jason. Because if you turn off music right now, counselors reveal Jason is around even if you haven’t seen him. That’s it man. That’s my final request. I love ya buddy, you pulled off a lot but if you don’t give the community a chance to revive this project, all your hard work goes to waste. Btw when the game was on sale for steam I bought a couple buddies the game. They love it and 100% agree custom matches need to be a thing. The music gets easy to detect and you know when it’s trying to trick you. Imagine how awesome custom hardcore servers would be. So many jump-scares, so many deaths... #savecrystallake #hardcoreoptionsplease 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:40 AM, ConnectTheKings said:

@wes Okay I get it. My favorite game is dying. Now just bug fix and GIVE ME MOD TOOLS AND CUSTOM GAME OPTIONS IN PRIVATE MATCH. I want to extend the game time, make it so only certain counselors can perform certain repairs, and set the music to off , meaning counselors don’t freak out unless the characters PHYSICALLY see Jason. Because if you turn off music right now, counselors reveal Jason is around even if you haven’t seen him. That’s it man. That’s my final request. I love ya buddy, you pulled off a lot but if you don’t give the community a chance to revive this project, all your hard work goes to waste. Btw when the game was on sale for steam I bought a couple buddies the game. They love it and 100% agree custom matches need to be a thing. The music gets easy to detect and you know when it’s trying to trick you. Imagine how awesome custom hardcore servers would be. So many jump-scares, so many deaths... #savecrystallake #hardcoreoptionsplease 

It's doubtful that custom servers will ever be permitted for this game. It would be nice, but unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I never understood why the hell sean wouldn’t just shut up and give victor his money. 

The game is worse In this limbo state then it would’ve been if he would’ve just let him get what he deserved, and gotten what victor wanted, for the game to continue...

victor stated multiple times he honestly didn’t care about the game or movies, just wanted his deserved money.

so I highly doubt that if they wouldn’t have dragged this on so long and fought, that victor wouldn’t allow you guys to continue with anything at all...

second, why can’t we get new clothing options or something like that that already exist (pre existing textures, oct 2017 clothing glitch basically- the one you guys patched even though you said you wouldn’t because everyone loved it and it was harmless -_-), It’s not new content, and it doesn’t violate any of the terms that have come with the lawsuit. So I can’t see why something like this can’t be done out of replacement for content loss. It would surely save the game.

honestly, I feel like this game has done a bad job as the listening to the community. I’ve seen games do polls about what they want and then it’s in the next dlc 0-0. All I’ve gotten from the forums and everything is we talk, they maybe look at our post and then move on. Or they reply with some half answer and don’t completely acknowledge what we’ve asked for, or just don’t take the time to even explain why or why not it can or can’t exist. Why have a forum, and an access route to them, if we’re not gonna be acknowledged half the time, and not gonna actually be contacted back? -_-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteadyGosling said:

I never understood why the hell sean wouldn’t just shut up and give victor his money. 

The game is worse In this limbo state then it would’ve been if he would’ve just let him get what he deserved, and gotten what victor wanted, for the game to continue...

victor stated multiple times he honestly didn’t care about the game or movies, just wanted his deserved money.

so I highly doubt that if they wouldn’t have dragged this on so long and fought, that victor wouldn’t allow you guys to continue with anything at all...

second, why can’t we get new clothing options or something like that that already exist (pre existing textures, oct 2017 clothing glitch basically- the one you guys patched even though you said you wouldn’t because everyone loved it and it was harmless -_-), It’s not new content, and it doesn’t violate any of the terms that have come with the lawsuit. So I can’t see why something like this can’t be done out of replacement for content loss. It would surely save the game.

honestly, I feel like this game has done a bad job as the listening to the community. I’ve seen games do polls about what they want and then it’s in the next dlc 0-0. All I’ve gotten from the forums and everything is we talk, they maybe look at our post and then move on. Or they reply with some half answer and don’t completely acknowledge what we’ve asked for, or just don’t take the time to even explain why or why not it can or can’t exist. Why have a forum, and an access route to them, if we’re not gonna be acknowledged half the time, and not gonna actually be contacted back? -_-

I think with all the misfires in PR and backtalking they've done. I think they've honestly gone with a mostly silent approach to everything. It prevents them from making themselves look worse. Hard to contradict yourself if you say nothing or very little.

The only real hardcore defenders they have are on twitter and to me its laughable because those people boil all the critics and 'haters' down to just people who wanted more content. As if THAT was the ONLY reason why people are dumping on them.

Its like...not the only thing. Not by a long shot.

5 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

Greed, stubbornness, pride, arrogance. You can take your pick on the reason why a deal was never reached.

If the lawsuit had not been a thing, we most likely would have gotten new content. My concerns would have been:

How good would the quality of the content have been?

What bug(s) would have been the tradeoff?

New clothing options in a game infested with bugs wouldn't save it. Give the people new clothing on a regular basis, and they will still leave. Fix the major issues, implement better countermeasures to discourage cheating, and continue to balance the game, and you may salvage a few players. The people that truly love this game will stay just because they love the game. New clothing is not required.

The forum is serving its purpose. It gives us a place to express our views, as well as to show support and love for this game. We cannot twist the arms of the developers to come here and read our words. They have a community lead, who is the liaison between the players and the developers. @mattshotcha is doing what he is paid to do. I am not gonna comment either way on the results of said job, but I know the pressure and challenge of undertaking such an arduous task.

Several of us make polls here on the forum. The information is here for anyone who wishes to read and/or participate. You do not have to be logged in to read what is written here.

The frustration levels of the players are running rather high, and with good reason. It is taking quite a bit of time to fix things, and the patience of many has worn thin. We see this happen from time to time. Every player has three options:

Continue to play the game, and endure the frustration, if one feels frustrated. (Ride out the storm.)

Take a break from the game, and come back after some time has passed. (Slip below deck and wait things out.)

Uninstall the game and never look back. (Hop in that lifeboat and row for shore.)

I choose to ride out the storm. The big question is, what will every other member of the player base choose to do?

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I think with all the misfires in PR and backtalking they've done. I think they've honestly gone with a mostly silent approach to everything. It prevents them from making themselves look worse. Hard to contradict yourself if you say nothing or very little.

The only real hardcore defenders they have are on twitter and to me its laughable because those people boil all the critics and 'haters' down to just people who wanted more content. As if THAT was the ONLY reason why people are dumping on them.

Its like...not the only thing. Not by a long shot.

Sometimes silence is golden.

I personally wanted new content, but I wasn't one of those "haters" on Twitter.

Lack of content was just the tip of the iceberg.

• Like 2

I definitely love the game so I continue on!  New options would be nice but not necessary for me to continue.

I personally could give a rats butt  about clothing options.If you think that will somewhat "save" the game you are kidding yourself.Just fix 98% of all the bugs and you'll do more to keep players around than anything else since they can't add new stuff. .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 45 RPM said:

I definitely love the game so I continue on!  New options would be nice but not necessary for me to continue.

I'm glad to hear that you still enjoy the game like so many of us.

5 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I personally could give a rats butt  about clothing options.If you think that will somewhat "save" the game you are kidding yourself.Just fix 98% of all the bugs and you'll do more to keep players around than anything else since they can't add new stuff. .

I agree. As long as I can tell one AJ or Deborah from another, that's enough clothing options for me. The bug fixes are about all we can look forward to, outside of the occasional balance or spawn adjustment.

• Like 1

What about an option to skip the intro movies for the challenges? Would that be considered new content?

35 minutes ago, Hemi said:

What about an option to skip the intro movies for the challenges? Would that be considered new content?

I hope not!

Hi folks. I'm new to all this lawsuit stuff so apologies if I sound ignorant. I think it's a great game as it is...I just hope I will be able to play it as it is now. I'm not too upset about new content not being added. It would be a shame if we can't play a match together. Anyway, this game is a credit to whoever worked on it and I hope it all works out for you. I think the little bugs and glitches give it a 80s vibe. You wanna try loading a game on a Spectrum 48K....ha ha.

Yeah as long as they get client side saves working and switch matches back to p2p I think all will be fine when dedicated servers are shutdown. At least playable anyways. If they don't do that then all we would be able to do is play against bots or single player challanges which prob wouldn't be enough for me to keep the game installed. The fun is in multiplayer for sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'm glad to hear that you still enjoy the game like so many of us.

I agree. As long as I can tell one AJ or Deborah from another, that's enough clothing options for me. The bug fixes are about all we can look forward to, outside of the occasional balance or spawn adjustment.

This i think is the problem the bug fixes are taking so long that now even the hardcore fans are getting tired of waiting. But we have to hang on a little longer matt said once the roof top glitch is fixed there going back to look at the car and other glitches but they have to get things done a bit faster or others will soon follow.