Jump to content
wes

Questions About Future Content

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I don't understand how toys are different.  They are still using the characters and the title "Friday the 13th".  But it's not just toys.  There are documentaries, fan movies, books, t-shirts, and more scheduled for release in the near future.

But you could be 100% right.  Maybe all of this merchandise was licensed before the cut off date.  I just haven't seen anyone say so.

Licensing before the cutoff date isn’t the issue. It can’t be released after the date. Otherwise, there’s nothing stopping Gun from making a new deal before the cutoff date and releasing more content after. So there’s no logical reason other companies can do it, but Gun can’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How hypocritical of GUN, to release an update that penalizes players for quitting early, then GUN turns right around and quits early.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/28/2018 at 11:40 PM, ShaunAburame said:

How hypocritical of GUN, to release an update that penalizes players for quitting early, then GUN turns right around and quits early.

Now that's funny !!

 

I really want GUN/ ILL to continue with the game, not another company.  They have been awesome so far and hit the nail on the head with the game.  The only thing that needs improvement is the Host quitting and connection issues that have plagued the game.  I got a bunch of my friends to get the game but when we always loaded up to play matches the connections would get in the way of a continuous good night of gaming.  They turned on the game.  I never did. But it was enough for them to not even want to waste their time playing it.  So if that aspect was fixed the game would be perfect.  When their are games like fornite or battlefield that never have server issues to the point of frustration, i wonder why it's so hard for friday.  I know they are a small company but I never experienced any connection issues that bad on any other game ever!  But yeah, Friday is definitely in the top 10 of my favorite games of all times, hands down.  I love B-rate flicks and underground cult classic movies and games and I feel this is a pretty unique underground game(even though I know it's popular).  The MUST keep working on the game.  Look at anything whether it's a band changing members or movies or shows with different actors it isn't the same.  Trailer park boys always kept the same cast and it was perfect(with the exception of Michael Jackson).  Don't change a damn thing, GUN/ ILL keep at it please!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Stabrats said:

I really want GUN/ ILL to continue with the game, not another company.  They have been awesome so far and hit the nail on the head with the game.  The only thing that needs improvement is the Host quitting and connection issues that have plagued the game.  I got a bunch of my friends to get the game but when we always loaded up to play matches the connections would get in the way of a continuous good night of gaming.  They turned on the game.  I never did. But it was enough for them to not even want to waste their time playing it.  So if that aspect was fixed the game would be perfect.  When their are games like fornite or battlefield that never have server issues to the point of frustration, i wonder why it's so hard for friday.  I know they are a small company but I never experienced any connection issues that bad on any other game ever!  But yeah, Friday is definitely in the top 10 of my favorite games of all times, hands down.  I love B-rate flicks and underground cult classic movies and games and I feel this is a pretty unique underground game(even though I know it's popular).  The MUST keep working on the game.  Look at anything whether it's a band changing members or movies or shows with different actors it isn't the same.  Trailer park boys always kept the same cast and it was perfect(with the exception of Michael Jackson).  Don't change a damn thing, GUN/ ILL keep at it please!

We all want them to but their not going to as wes has stated many times. I have to believe that when the legal issues are settled that some other company will see how well this game did and pick it up or get rights and make their own game. Too much money to be made and the interest is still very high. Also we can get some new movies as well hopefully some good ones !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It had to have been licensed to be produced in the first place. I might be wrong, that could be the case but it makes sense to me. 

There different because one is a copy of something and the other is an expansion of the property and so the rights. It will work out but it's going to be a wait. Don't be so mad at the people who made this wonderful game. Chat later man. 

Part in bold:  Ohhh..I get it now.  Thanks.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zmccain said:

I don't understand how toys are different.  They are still using the characters and the title "Friday the 13th".  But it's not just toys.  There are documentaries, fan movies, books, t-shirts, and more scheduled for release in the near future.

But you could be 100% right.  Maybe all of this merchandise was licensed before the cut off date.  I just haven't seen anyone say so.

They'd have to be already licensed if they are already announced, and the cut off date technically isn't until July... 1st? Wasn't it? (Also, documentaries and fan films aren't licensed products.)

Depending on where the factories making these items are (China, probably), they might need anywhere from a 3- to 6-month lead time in production before the on-shelf date. And usually a licensee is going to negotiate with a retailer months and months out to try and lock down shelf space with the buyer of that company (e.g., the buyer of Walmart). Which means they would need approved concepts for that meeting to show that buyer. If a lot of these are going up in Q4 for the back-to-school crowd, they probably had to show the buyers something by the end of Q2 (which is right now), which means they would have needed the license by Q1 or beginning of Q2 at the very latest, unless their designers and modelers have superhuman turnarounds on art and approvals with the licensor. 

Also, contracts typically count toward the production date, with a window for sell-off. So if you have a contract to make a Jason figure that ends at the end of 2018, you'd be able to make runs of the figure until the contract ended, but then have a sell-off period (usually 6 months), or you could renegotiate the license and renew. But if everything we're hearing is true, no license is allowed to be renewed after July 1st, because no one has the authority to grant a license -- Miller took the rights back from Sean, and Sean sued Miller, and a judge has to decide who owns what. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After having seen what the Grendel map looked like, it's killing me a little bit to think about how the developers would have envisioned Lazarus and Manhattan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it would technically be existing game content could environment kills from the single player challenges be placed in quickplay???...

 

I do apologize... That was more of could have been???...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MRFRIDAYF13TH said:

wow so if the lawsuit was settled by september nothing can be resumed? i love gun and i support illfoni but that is kinda jerked off.

Pretty much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its pretty terrible they expect us to buy this.
I mean the case is they can continue to put out content, its been done before and in much odder ways this is just them outright also wanting to toss this game to the side.

If the case went on for a very long time then yes I'd understand but it seems far too early take such a blunt stance on this all. I'd forgive it if we got a refined sequel in the future (and maybe discount all the fans a little who were ripped off with this game).

Pity because I love this game but its just painfully obvious how badly they want to run away from it. I really wouldn't blame them if the case lasted very long from this point onward, but its just far too early to throw it all away especially when the content updates for this game took a while anyway, for the fans it wouldn't really hurt having a little wait but this new alone has made the player base smaller on the platforms I've played this on so far. To me it looks as though they actively want to discourage players so they really can abandon the game. I mean it seems senseless that they'd also bring "dedicated servers" if the game is going to die now, I mean it even makes sense since they've been delayed so much, it'd be much better to not waste this money on a dead game that they want it to.

I'm probably going to avoid these companies for a while because its clearly apparent this is done with ill intent.

I think I hold more hope for valve to count to 3 than these devs to try and compensate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first patch yesterday had a mistaken developer build that featured a sandbox mode and a LAN mode. Offline play also had the 'Lazurus Experience' that didn't have the client files attached to it to explore it. The second patch corrected the build.20180703135521_1.thumb.jpg.82718a48ca3be

Its safe to say the content is still there in the dev build, but it won't be coming our way barring leaks.

I tested out the Sandbox mode. I remember this was being talked about a little after launch. No idea why it wasn't put in much earlier. Its basically you using the counselor to explore the maps. The LAN mode is also a given that should've been there from the start.

Oh well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

The first patch yesterday had a mistaken developer build that featured a sandbox mode and a LAN mode. Offline play also had the 'Lazurus Experience' that didn't have the client files attached to it to explore it. The second patch corrected the build.20180703135521_1.thumb.jpg.82718a48ca3be

Its safe to say the content is still there in the dev build, but it won't be coming our way barring leaks.

I tested out the Sandbox mode. I remember this was being talked about a little after launch. No idea why it wasn't put in much earlier. Its basically you using the counselor to explore the maps. The LAN mode is also a given that should've been there from the start.

Oh well.

All of this should be in the game, and I’m getting very annoyed with the pubs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, Smitty_Voorhees said:

They'd have to be already licensed if they are already announced, and the cut off date technically isn't until July... 1st? Wasn't it? (Also, documentaries and fan films aren't licensed products.)

Depending on where the factories making these items are (China, probably), they might need anywhere from a 3- to 6-month lead time in production before the on-shelf date. And usually a licensee is going to negotiate with a retailer months and months out to try and lock down shelf space with the buyer of that company (e.g., the buyer of Walmart). Which means they would need approved concepts for that meeting to show that buyer. If a lot of these are going up in Q4 for the back-to-school crowd, they probably had to show the buyers something by the end of Q2 (which is right now), which means they would have needed the license by Q1 or beginning of Q2 at the very latest, unless their designers and modelers have superhuman turnarounds on art and approvals with the licensor. 

Also, contracts typically count toward the production date, with a window for sell-off. So if you have a contract to make a Jason figure that ends at the end of 2018, you'd be able to make runs of the figure until the contract ended, but then have a sell-off period (usually 6 months), or you could renegotiate the license and renew. But if everything we're hearing is true, no license is allowed to be renewed after July 1st, because no one has the authority to grant a license -- Miller took the rights back from Sean, and Sean sued Miller, and a judge has to decide who owns what. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. Killer Puzzle is doing EXACTLY what we’ve been asking Gun to do. What they SHOULD do if they truly cared about this game. Unlock what’s anyways in there. Uber Jason. This is proof they CAN. They just don’t WANT to. They can also add a rock and tree. Despite what Wes says. Since they are already in the code. Like Uber Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain to fatt Matt hardy that adding a offline mode with Jason as a bot is not dlc or new content it’s adding to what’s already there and I realize it would take a while to develop and get just right but it’s not new content 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DarylsWalkers said:

Can someone explain to fatt Matt hardy that adding a offline mode with Jason as a bot is not dlc or new content it’s adding to what’s already there and I realize it would take a while to develop and get just right but it’s not new content 

No, because @BrokenFattHardy is correct. The current offline mode is Jason against the counselor bots. What your asking for is a different mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@wes @GunMedia_Ben @[IllFonic]Courier

This member needs an official statement from the development team. I tagged @ShiftySamurai but he doesn't pay attention when I tag him anymore.(Please merge this with the post quoting the member below)

 

Nevermind, heroes........ One of the mods helped. Way to be there for us!! Happy 4th!!

 

On 7/4/2018 at 10:13 PM, DarylsWalkers said:

Can someone explain to fatt Matt hardy that adding a offline mode with Jason as a bot is not dlc or new content it’s adding to what’s already there and I realize it would take a while to develop and get just right but it’s not new content 

This gentleman (term used loosely) made a request in another thread, was answered and decided to bring his reply to a different thread.

I tagged people to that thread too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The lawsuit is over in Oct so that's 3 months left people.....

Wheres the proof?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The lawsuit is over in Oct so that's 3 months left people.....

That’s a rather meaningless assumption. Sorry but I don’t think it’s going to be that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The lawsuit is over in Oct so that's 3 months left people.....

Why exactly does it matter? Gun Media said they don't care when the lawsuit is settled......... They are done. Finished. Faneto. Quit. Over. Concluded. No More. Packing up. Washing their hands of it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...