wes

Questions About Future Content

I’m still surprised Uber Jason is the biggest sticking point people have a problem with. I wasn’t looking forward to his release, or the Grendel map, at all. But that’s just me; I don’t count anything past 8 being a Friday film at all. 

My bigger question is: Is this more about future DLC in general or about Uber Jason in particular? Uber Jason is all I’m seeing, but one skin doesn’t seem to be worth all the fan rage. 

2 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I’m still surprised Uber Jason is the biggest sticking point people have a problem with. I wasn’t looking forward to his release, or the Grendel map, at all. But that’s just me; I don’t count anything past 8 being a Friday film at all. 

My bigger question is: Is this more about future DLC in general or about Uber Jason in particular? Uber Jason is all I’m seeing, but one skin doesn’t seem to be worth all the fan rage. 

Not Just because he was promised to us, and not just because of the cool design, but because he is the last bit of f13th we can ever get in what may very well be the last F13th game we ever get for a long, long time. Maybe ever.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JackTV said:

Exactly, and while I don't like JGTH particularly, that movie was better than the joke that was Jason X. I am with you on this one. It is all I notice people bitching about really. When more important questions have been asked by some of us, like the ability to save client side versus their server. More people seem worried about star trek Jason, than not being left with a demo when the server finally goes down.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Exactly, and while I don't like JGTH particularly, that movie was better than the joke that was Jason X. I am with you on this one. It is all I notice people bitching about really. When more important questions have been asked by some of us, like the ability to save client side versus their server. More people seem worried about star trek Jason, than not being left with a demo when the server finally goes down.

See above response.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Could be it was a few days ago that I saw one. YouTube could take them down but he is still being used. hell there was even a video of them playing the Grendel map.

Grendel map is highly incomplete:

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=uu2e-iFFzRA

And this is an early build too.

9UJCmsc.png

On another note, remember what I said about a stat screen?

https://www.hooktube.com/watch?v=J_PRurnp-wM

S8ehvKD.png

4 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

See above response.

I saw the response. My opinion stands, client side saves are more important than any dlc, even if it was a dlc I was excited for. Fact is they spent most of their time making dlc that made the game a joke like emotes and frivilous shit. Never cared about having a Borg in a hockey mask in game. And at this point the only thing that matters is not being left with a demo when the servers go down.

• Thanks 1

I saw Uber in a few matches before the patched whatever exploit was being used, he looked pretty polished and complete, I hope the finish him and the unreleased emotes and just keep them on the shelf in a finished state. That way if the case goes well that could be the final update months (years?) down the road.

Star Trek Jason... you nailed it. I saw it in theaters. My sister and I grew up on the films, and it was one of those things where we were so desperate to see a horror film that we paid to see it, KNOWING it was going to be a piece of crap. 

Out of morbid curiosity, I tried to watch that film about a week ago, just see if could do it. I made it as far as to when they found him encased in ice. How long is that? Barely getting beyond the opening credits?

Anyway, as I see it, if Jason from that film was going to be added to the roster, I’d argue for the real Jason before he was transformed to be added as well. He’s not Uber Jason for very long.

But I digress. There’s a lot I’m disappointed with as well. I respect the players who really want Uber Jason, but objectively speaking, I think Uber Jason is the least of concerns. I too, would prefer to save everything I’ve unlocked. 

I’m just taking a guess here, but I imagine the question isn’t being answered because they have to hash it out first. How long it will take, how much time they have to do it while the bugs are being addressed, how long Illfonic can work on it before they’re working for free, etc.

Not to mention, they probably won’t answer anything before Monday. Weekend, family, all that junk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

More people seem worried about star trek Jason, than not being left with a demo when the server finally goes down.

Why not both? I'm equally concerned about both things and then some.

3 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Anyway, as I see it, if Jason from that film was going to be added to the roster, I’d argue for the real Jason before he was transformed to be added as well. He’s not Uber Jason for very long.

I was actually pushing for that idea after launch. My immediate reasoning for it was the obvious of asking "How can they make any new Jasons after Uber? Obviously we can't get FvJ or the reboot version." I wanted both Jason X and Uber as completely separate Jasons and not just a skinjob of one or the other with the same stats. Then they said it wouldn't happen and I was like "Psshaw, you say that now." Given the game is in death grips, yeah, that's even further wishful thinking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Star Trek Jason... you nailed it. I saw it in theaters. My sister and I grew up on the films, and it was one of those things where we were so desperate to see a horror film that we paid to see it, KNOWING it was going to be a piece of crap. 

Out of morbid curiosity, I tried to watch that film about a week ago, just see if could do it. I made it as far as to when they found him encased in ice. How long is that? Barely getting beyond the opening credits?

But I digress. There’s a lot I’m disappointed with as well. I respect the players who really want Uber Jason, but objectively speaking, I think Uber Jason is the least of concerns. I too, would prefer to save everything I’ve unlocked. 

I’m just taking a guess here, but I imagine the question isn’t being answered because they have to hash it out first. How long it will take, how much time they have to do it while the bugs are being addressed, how long Illfonic can work on it before they’re working for free, etc.

Not to mention, they probably won’t answer anything before Monday. Weekend, family, all that junk. 

Exactly, I tried, not too terribly long ago, to rewatch it and made it just about as far as you. As someone who grew up on these movies, X was a major kick in the teeth to me. I respect the people that want him as well, but not those who are pushing for him above things we actually need like client side save, and the major bug fixes.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Exactly, I tried, not too terribly long ago, to rewatch it and made it just about as far as you. As someone who grew up on these movies, X was a major kick in the teeth to me. I respect the people that want him as well, but not those who are pushing for him above things we actually need like client side save, and the major bug fixes.

Thinking about it, I despise every film post-Paramount. I didn’t even particularly like 8 that much, but at least that was a true Friday movie. After it went to New Line, it was like they were competing to see which crew could make the stupidest film.

I’m with you. But if they want to argue for Uber, I’m not going to worry about it, because Gun made themselves crystal clear that no content was being released ever again. And bitching about it on the forums — especially with regard to how they’re choosing to communicate to Gun with the accusations — is counter-productive. 

1 minute ago, JackTV said:

Thinking about it, I despise every film post-Paramount. I didn’t even particularly like 8 that much, but at least that was a true Friday movie. After it went to New Line, it was like they were competing to see which crew could make the stupidest film.

I’m with you. But if they want to argue for Uber, I’m not going to worry about it, because Gun made themselves crystal clear that no content was being released ever again. And bitching about it on the forums — especially with regard to how they’re choosing to communicate to Gun with the accusations — is counter-productive. 

Bingo. Even if they are right about the shadiness surrounding it, honestly it isn't going to happen no matter how right they may be. Devs and Pubs have made their minds up on it, now we need to press for the answer surrounding the client side save, albeit in a respectful way.

If they don't want to be feathered and tarred, they will at least do that for the community that gave them their only successful title.

6 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Bingo. Even if they are right about the shadiness surrounding it, honestly it isn't going to happen no matter how right they may be. Devs and Pubs have made their minds up on it, now we need to press for the answer surrounding the client side save, albeit in a respectful way.

And if they won't give us a client side save, make everything unlockable when this game becomes offline only since your level won't really mean anything then besides having stuff unlocked which they could take care of for us via making everything available. Would also help if people who haven't played this game yet and would buy it for SP only knowing all the Jason choices and kills are available as well as weapon swapping. 

This is not a this or that choice. Gun media unlocking Uber Jason will not somehow prevent them from fixing the game.

We can have both Uber Jason and game fixes, and every one of us can be happy.

Attacking each other is senseless and doesn't help in anyone's cause.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think a big reason some people remain skeptical is that Gun aren't entirely dependable on their words one way or the other. Their commitments to what they will or won't do seem hollow to some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

And if they won't give us a client side save, make everything unlockable when this game becomes offline only since your level won't really mean anything then besides having stuff unlocked which they could take care of for us via making everything available. Would also help if people who haven't played this game yet and would buy it for SP only knowing all the Jason choices and kills are available as well as weapon swapping. 

This 100%

3 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

This is not a this or that choice. Gun media unlocking Uber Jason will not somehow prevent them from fixing the game.

We can have both Uber Jason and game fixes, and every one of us can be happy

But it is in a sense. They have already given us an answer on how they are handling Uber. Now I know you guys info is on point, but it doesn't change their minds on it for whatever reason. But the flooding of the unlock Uber versus amount of us trying to get an answer on saves is mind boggling. More people are concerned with Uber than the save issue, and that is what I have a problem with. Just like the people who were more concerned with emotes over things that made sense as dlc on this game. They got what they wanted and it shafted the die hard fans and backers who were opposed to these decisions.

14 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

We can have both Uber Jason and game fixes, and every one of us can be happy.

Attacking each other is senseless and doesn't help in anyone's cause.

I’m not attacking anyone, or what they want. If anything, I’m questioning the methods being used to communicate their grievances.

Things like telling Gun that they know what’s going on, they have all the details, they know what’s legal and what’s not, they saw a video and “everything is finished, so give it to me”, they’re lying, they’re just cash-grabbing, etc.

These tactics aren’t going to work. 

19 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I’m not attacking anyone, or what they want. If anything, I’m questioning the methods being used to communicate their grievances.

Things like telling Gun that they know what’s going on, they have all the details, they know what’s legal and what’s not, they saw a video and “everything is finished, so give it to me”, they’re lying, they’re just cash-grabbing, etc.

Bingo. Even if the evidence gathered is right (which I believe is), all it is going to do is make them go more silent and double down on doing nothing at all with the title. Just look back to the last Savini(ebay) fiasco. We pushed and pushed for answers and they went silent and skated off. Now no one is even talking about it anymore. Will be the same tactic used over Uber.

42 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Tactics will continue to become more aggressive the longer it takes to get a response from the developers or anyone with information on the topics the community believes are the most important after the lawsuit developments.

client side saves

Support and server timeframes

I understand where Uber fits in the development plans as of now but some explanation as to why code all ready in game can’t be used since it’s already being used on pc disputes their stand on the issue.

• Like 1

I believe we can all band together and make all our voices heard. 

All of our causes are important. Each and everyone one of them.

And I believe we can fight for all of our causes together and win them. Each of every one of them: Uber, client saves, fixes, everything.

#MakeYourVoiceHeard

9 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Bingo. Even if the evidence gathered is right (which I believe is), all it is going to do is make them go more silent and double down on doing nothing at all with the title. Just look back to the last Savini(ebay) fiasco. We pushed and pushed for answers and they went silent and skated off. Now no one is even talking about it anymore. Will be the same tactic used over Uber.

I understand them too; I honestly do. And I agree with many of the arguments, though not all of them. I don’t believe this game was a cash grab. I’m an old dude that’s been gaming since the mid-80’s; I’ve seen a cash grab. Some folks have been wanting this material in the hands of someone “Triple A” and, all I can say to that is to be careful what you wish for. If the F13 property got in the hands of big players like UbiSoft, Activision, EA, etc., get ready for F13: Call of Duty Edition, featuring counselors looking like characters out of Fortnite, fighting against Jason and his machete-shooting shotgun. It would get bad. Really bad.

But I DO believe Gun has a communication problem, and I think both they and Illfonic were in way over their heads. TBH, I don’t think they have anyone to test this stuff. I’m still encountering bugs that were there since launch. There’s no excuse for that. Most of what I play are indie games made by incredibly small teams, and those games are complete and mostly bug-free. 

So I DEFINITELY sympathize with the fans’ concerns. But some of the accusations are a stretch. 

• Haha 1

People uniting for a common cause? Well get FVJ, reboot, uber, JX, Pamela, Elias, The Coroner, a real story mode, 3 thai hookers and a sno-cone before that happens. #NotInThisLife

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I understand them too; I honestly do. And I agree with many of the arguments, though not all of them. I don’t believe this game was a cash grab. I’m an old dude that’s been gaming since the mid-80’s; I’ve seen a cash grab. Some folks have been wanting this material in the hands of someone “Triple A” and, all I can say to that is to be careful what you wish for. If the F13 property got in the hands of big players like UbiSoft, Activision, EA, etc., get ready for F13: Call of Duty Edition, featuring counselors looking like characters out of Fortnite, fighting against Jason and his machete-shooting shotgun. It would get bad. Really bad.

But I DO believe Gun has a communication problem, and I think both they and Illfonic were in way over their heads. TBH, I don’t think they have anyone to test this stuff. I’m still encountering bugs that were there since launch. There’s no excuse for that. Most of what I play are indie games made by incredibly small teams, and those games are complete and mostly bug-free. 

So I DEFINITELY sympathize with the fans’ concerns. But some of the accusations are a stretch. 

I somewhat agree, but at the same time there has been a lot of shadiness as well that they never answer for. And that alone makes me feel this was more of a cash grab than I want to admit. The community did the leg work on busting the guy out selling Savini codes, the evidence was handed over to GUN then they went silent as all hell. And brush it off, not to mention unbanning those banned for glitching to inflate falling player numbers, the Dilly Dingus fiasco, the fact that a gun employee was a moderator on reddit (which is against their rules), was doxxed and proven to be a a gun employee and forced in to resigning from that reddit. The fact that they (through conflicting statememts) showed bias and lied over the Dilly Dingus situation. All of these marks lead many people to believe that the company is shady, and I agree. But I do love the franchise, and what was released, outside of emotes and all the bugs. I just want this game to be patched to where I can play offline with the things I bought and unlocked, amd the bugs fixed so I at least get something out of this rollercoaster of a year besides a broken demo that will never be played again.

• Like 1