wes

Questions About Future Content

21 hours ago, Kodiak said:

This is indeed the correct thread, no problems posting here.

Cool.

So, If I post this as proof that he's in the game, along with his six kills, albeit "bugged" by lacking some sound files, this isn't really a problem, is it?

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=DfIf894Ls7A

I'm sure we'd be happy getting this. Sure, they would have to use assets and things already in the game for music and sounds, but he could be perfectly functional. They DID say they could adjust things already in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Now that I think about it the best way you can sum up this news is you start off finding two pocket knives firecrackers you get the sweater you know where the fuse house is the fuse on the map and the host quits...

• Like 2

I've been supporting and spreading the word about this game since it was still called Summer Camp. There was an even earlier title.. What was it.. Killer House or something. I would have been a backer if I hadn't been homeless at the time the Kickstarter was running. 

It's been a very long road just to reach a dead end. I don't know much about working in the game industry but from what I do know, it's awful. And complicated. 

I think what the fans are trying to ask is a more detailed explanation of why putting the project aside, moving on to other things and coming back to it in a few months is so unfeasible. Just stating that it is and expecting everyone to accept that answer isn't getting anywhere. 

@wes you have a habit of talking to us like children. Maybe you're trying to be gentle and not confuse things more, and that's great, but it's not helpful right now.

I've seen games run content updates for over a decade, sometimes with momths or years of hiatus between. 

Considering F13 reached the #1 paid slot on one system and damn near it on others, I have immense doubt that money is the real defining factor. 

You're trying to make it sound like there's no choice.. But you're perfectly cultivating the message that you're bored or the project isn't worth your time if there isn't a constant flow of profit. Actually.. That's exactly what you said. 

Don't be surprised by the response. Because that's just an insult. 

I love the way the game has turned out. I never play multiplayer. Not because of the game, but because the players are the biggest scumbags ever. The rest of the game is great. It's better than anyone could have anticipated. I'm still amazed it exists. There's very little left to add, but that should be an incentive, not an excuse. 

I just read the full complaint in the lawsuit.  I think i understand what's going on. 

It all comes down to Victor Miller writing the screenplay for Cunningham as a "work for hire" employment. 

Horror inc and Manny company can't come up with the words "work for hire" on any documentation from the employment contract. 

Therefore according to the copyright act 203(a) Miller has the right to terminate all the rights to copyrighted material, meaning, Horror inc , Manny company or any other company, cannot do anything whatsoever with anything that is Friday the 13th.  And yes,  Gun/ILL can't release any new content because of this or they would get sued by Miller I suppose.  Seems like once all the dust settles, the only way would be to get permission from Miller to release more content and by that time, we will have a PS7.  So I understand why Gun/ILL are saying they won't work on any more content because It may never be allowed to be released to the pubic.    

Sucks cause Cunningham was obviously the main man behind the existence of Friday the 13th.  Came up with the idea, the Title, hired Miller, etc. They all agree to that.  It's just the stupid "work for hire" thing.  Reading the original complaint, that's sticks out throughout the entire thing.  You could see the judge just sitting there thinking, ok whatever you say but according to the law, Horror Inc., where's the documentation that says Miller was a "work for hire" employee. 

So the moral of the story?

If you are ever involved in any creative process, make sure your contract never says "work for hire" then wait 35 years and get a lawyer to send out letters of copyright termination and sit back and collect a fortune that the company you worked for generated. 

The reason Miller is doing this = Money, no doubt.  I probably would do the same if I were him.  

He sucks. 

And don't worry Gun/ILL 

I'm still going to find a loophole in the law that allows you to release future content.  Don't throw in the flag just yet.  Oh and btw,  spending time w/ your families is lame.  You need to get drunk w/ your bros hookers and work on launching Pamela as soon as we find this loophole.  Yes, Pamela, the one character we can actually credit Victor for creating.  She'll be ours before you know it!  Hang tight!

4 minutes ago, Stabrats said:

The reason Miller is doing this = Money, no doubt.  I probably would do the same if I were him.  

He sucks. 

Does this mean you suck since you'd probably do the same? Lol just messing with ya! 

• Haha 1

Perhaps the reason why they aren't answering the questions of Uber Jason and client side saves yet (now, bear with me, I'm massively optimistic, unhealthily so perhaps) is that they do intend on unlocking Uber Jason and/or announcing a client side save patch in the future. Probably not, but lord knows at this point.

I'll play the game until the servers shut off, no doubts there. But there's no denying how disappointed and betrayed the majority of the users on this site feel. My friends were just as excited to use Uber Jason as I was. Oh well. What a massive clusterfuck.

1 hour ago, Stabrats said:

I just read the full complaint in the lawsuit.  I think i understand what's going on. 

It all comes down to Victor Miller writing the screenplay for Cunningham as a "work for hire" employment. 

Horror inc and Manny company can't come up with the words "work for hire" on any documentation from the employment contract. 

Therefore according to the copyright act 203(a) Miller has the right to terminate all the rights to copyrighted material, meaning, Horror inc , Manny company or any other company, cannot do anything whatsoever with anything that is Friday the 13th.  And yes,  Gun/ILL can't release any new content because of this or they would get sued by Miller I suppose.  Seems like once all the dust settles, the only way would be to get permission from Miller to release more content and by that time, we will have a PS7.  So I understand why Gun/ILL are saying they won't work on any more content because It may never be allowed to be released to the pubic.    

Sucks cause Cunningham was obviously the main man behind the existence of Friday the 13th.  Came up with the idea, the Title, hired Miller, etc. They all agree to that.  It's just the stupid "work for hire" thing.  Reading the original complaint, that's sticks out throughout the entire thing.  You could see the judge just sitting there thinking, ok whatever you say but according to the law, Horror Inc., where's the documentation that says Miller was a "work for hire" employee. 

So the moral of the story?

If you are ever involved in any creative process, make sure your contract never says "work for hire" then wait 35 years and get a lawyer to send out letters of copyright termination and sit back and collect a fortune that the company you worked for generated. 

He sucks. 

The thing is not only did miller get paid off in 1988, but Sean Cunningham actually did try to settle with him, and he refused.

People keep jumping to Miller's aid like he's just a man who wants he just dues, but he isn't. 

He got paid for writing the script, he got some sort of settlement payday in 1988 and continues to receive payments to this day, and now he wants to try to gain hold of the Friday the 13th Franchise. Or at least as much of it as he can.

He's not just an asshole, but a damn dirty greedy one, too.

He doesn't give one fuck what he's doing to us fans. Not one.

• Like 4

As a backer and supporter since day 1, thanks for the giant slap in the face. The ruling is coming soon enough that you don't need to abandon it... 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jaze905 said:

As a backer and supporter since day 1, thanks for the giant slap in the face. The ruling is coming soon enough that you don't need to abandon it... 

It is?

From what I keep hearing, we should have a final ruling by October.

Either way... I don't care if the ruling doesn't come for another full year. We were promised something in a MAJOR way, and are now basically being slapped in the face with BS saying we'll NEVER see the things we were promised no matter what. I can't believe I stood up for you guys all the way until now...

A simple, "We'll release the Jason X stuff as soon as possible if possible" would pacify me. I don't care if we get anything else after that, but the fact is, we were teased with new game modes, new maps and a new Jason only to be met with, "Sorry backers, guess you backed the wrong game"

Whatever... you broke my heart Gun Media/Illfonic.

• Thanks 1

@wes

I'm sorry, but if the ruling is soon and somehow goes well, there is no reason to not release Uber Jason. You say his model is not finished, but he's already in the game files, meaning he's damn near finished.

You will likely struggle to receive funding or support for your next project if you leave this game in a bad spot. Uber Jason and its map was the #1 thing people looked forward to seeing in the game. Dedicated Servers are very important, but its importance will turn mute with no additional content to keep the player base up. Uber Jason would have been the biggest inclusion for this game for new content, and would have brought lots of hype.

Please reconsider your decision if the ruling happens soon. Uber Jason is how you end this game if you really have to.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

This seems like a cop-out cause you know the game can continue and you CAN finish the content you started for later release once the case is settled. I feel, like everyone else about this, your decision about never releasing content again in s as you put it bad business. Just st as with many this game gave me the release from everyday struggles and frustrations. I REALLY hope you reconsider this decision once the case has a settled.

@wes if you really do love this franchise and game then you would see that Uber is the last of the Jason characters needed to complete this game and you would release him now and finish improvements while your working on your next game. By you not doing this your telling me that you really just used me to donate into your false promises when I backed you. You said to have faith in you guys during the backer days but all you do is disappoint us and not come through with promises. We backers made you what you are today and this is how you thank us.do what’s right and just give us Uber and client side saves then leave the game and move on with some dignity intact. Incas your wondering how much I have donated it’s this. Machete rev 2,Savini Jason x2,councillors pack,all dlc for Xbox,5 copies of the game so I could get my friends to play and I just now purchased the steam summer sale and all the dlc and I don’t even own a computer all to support you! That’s keeping my word and supporting you guys. Now keep your!!

• Like 4

I definitely feel for everyone who wants Uber (because I do too) since it would at least bookend the film Jasons (or rather what the developers had access to). It's like writing a novel with no final chapter. I would have wanted that and been comfortable with no other coming content (albeit a bit sour without the accompanying Grendel map). 

Guess I have to accept Savini as the spiritual successor to that. Argh.

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Uber this,Uber that...

Here I am sitting here waiting forever for that Retro Jason do-over..

Oh the one they told us was coming in summer 2017?  Silly dude, how can they possibly release. New character model in only 12 months?

• Thanks 1

@Mawlock and I have been in contact over some legal discussions and have made a rather firm discovery:

As you may know, some years ago, there was a GTA: San Andreas scandal referred to as the "Hot Coffee" involving content that, while completely inaccessible through any normal means and only through hacking, stirred up a fair amount of controversy. Rockstar was forced to discontinue production of the current game, recall all existing unsold copies, and reissue the game with the "hidden" content removed.

What does this have to do with Uber Jason, you ask?

Well, due to the precedent set by the "Hot Coffee" scandal, anything found within the game's code/ files/whatever, regardless of whether it is accessible or not, as long as it is in fact actually there, legally counts as content.

You see, Uber Jason, like the offending gta content, is in the game, but hidden away.

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=DfIf894Ls7A

Again, like GTA, you can hack the game's files and not only find him, but fully play as a nearly finished version of him (only missing sound/music) as well. As such, he indeed counts as content.

And not just content, but content that was made and delivered before the official cut off date, having not only come with the engine update, but passing the patch Certification as well. 

XRkpTQa.png

What this means is that gun media has already given us Uber Jason as far as the law is concerned. 

And by their own admission, they can legally modify any and all content made and given before the June cut-off date, qualifying Uber Jason, who technically but certainly was. 

This means that Gun media could, in fact, actually legally unlock him if they really wanted to. 

Well, I as a fan, want them to Unlock Uber Jason.

Not Just because he was promised to us, and not just because of the cool design, but because he is the last bit of f13th we can ever get in what may very well be the last F13th game we ever get for a long, long time. Maybe ever.

So please, if you too are a loyal and loving Friday the 13th fan, help us spread the word and maybe together we can all share in one last hooray.

Oh, and before someone comes in with the quote of:

"We can’t add any content, whatsoever. Nada. Not even a new tree or rock. We can only focus on console dedicated servers, bug fixes, and maintenance.    "

I'm going to remind you that content in the game is still content that can be manipulated and I know we'd rather have Uber than not, even if they have to "half ass" him as some have said and use the Machete sounds and already in-use music.

Don't let others shut you up, make your voice heard and lets see this happen for the good of F13.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A fellow member on the Friday the 13th Forum who shall not be named just pointed out how odd it is for Uber Jason to have double the standard amount of weapon kills, speculating that the reason why is because the extra kills were intended to be sold as a weapon pack.

I thought about, and it makes perfect sense.

While gun media absolutely can legally give us Uber Jason, as I explained earlier, they cannot put out a kill pack, as that would count as additional content made after the cut off date. 

The kills are all currently lumped together and to make said kill pack, they would have to take out the half they wish to sell and package them.

But they can't package the kills and so would either have to give us those extra kills for free or just not at all...like Uber Jason himself.

So now we have what I believe to be the real reason they won't unlock Uber Jason: He can't be monetized

#MakeYourVoiceHeard

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

For PC you can play as him but not on consoles. " We Suck Again "

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TWarner said:

For PC you can play as him but not on consoles. " We Suck Again "

Any footage?

Just now, Mawlock said:

Any footage?

I have seen several YouTube vids of PC players using him.

Just now, TWarner said:

I have seen several YouTube vids of PC players using him.

Haven't they been all taken down?

@GunMedia,@wes, @Randygbk

Do what’s right by your games fan base the ones that backed, bought all dlc or bought multiple copies.

over 400 posts about these topics between 2 threads!!

give us an answer about client saved data!

give us an answer about how long the severs will be running for !

and unlock code that’s all ready in the game at this point !!!!

give us Uber !!! And his kills !! All Jasons were going to be free content anyway !!

you were only going to charge us for kill packs !!and emotes / costumes

#making my voice heard

• Like 3

Could be it was a few days ago that I saw one. YouTube could take them down but he is still being used. hell there was even a video of them playing the Grendel map.