wes

Questions About Future Content

Yeah, I've been greatly enjoying that mad max game. Not only does it feel like a love letter to the fanbase, the game has the most satisfying combat system and vehicle mechanics I've ever experienced in a game. 

The game is like a heartfelt apology for fury road, and the apology is more than accepted.

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Wait @wes why is it not possible to have the team work on said content and have them saved/stored somewhere on a computer file or server and then release said developers and wait out the lawsuit to release the said DLC??? 

In easy terms.....why not have them complete the said DLC content and have them stored, pay them for their work and then wait out the lawsuit until its settled and upload the DLC content its both easy and the people can work on other projects/be with their families as the content is already done?! It's perfect because now their hard work won't be for nothing!

why keep paying people for stuff that will probably never be released? like he said its bad business, they have to focus on what might make them money now, and that is a game that isn't bug riddled and broken. They have finite resources and need to use those to fix what is a big mess.

3 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I think the saddest members of this community are those who let this news effect them in any way emotionally. I have had fun placing this game, but I don't have to strong feelings about the developer one way of the other. If this game ends, no big deal, just move on to the next one. 

People just complain to much in general. You'd think Friday the 13th game losing out on content is the biggest issue in the world.  

Well seeing as this is the Friday the 13th forum, yeah it's a pretty big deal about the content here. And you can go ahead and move on to the next game. We will all have to. The problem is it won't be Friday the 13th and Jason. Is this a hard concept for you to understand? Or do you lack the emotion? As a fan, it's a little thing called passion. 

I am curious as to how it's fun "placing" the game.  Since I got the digital, I can't really place it anywhere. Might be tempted to get a physical copy and see if the fun is for real. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, The Tommy said:

"Heartfelt"

It sickens me to see you defend so hard. Many have accepted reality. The problem is the state of current game, the future of the game,  and what could have been if it was handled/developed better. 

Wow! Let me ask: which of your magical AAA developers can put on an invisibility cloak to a avoid a lawsuit?? This is a shitty turn of events no Dev/Pub team could've avoided. Say what you want, but it was CROWD FUNDED project that literally gave away 85% of new content free. This definately sounds like money hungry scoundrels  (that was sarcasm, in case any of the geniuses here missed it). Play while you can, hope for a change in future plans for the game, but for Christ's sake quit using the forums to insult the Publisher (hint: won't help anything). "The game is so broken it's unplayable?"... then move along and get your toxic troll asses outta the forums... Obviously you've stopped playing the game right?... then quit sulking in the forums ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Disappointing news.

However, this game is still really enjoyable and I'll continue to play. After all, it is only DLC that isn't coming, the game will be maintained as far as we have been told.  I've not posted since hearing the news as I didn't want to simply jump on the bandwagon. This is the statement we should have received in reality as the original statements floating around were unclear.

I think people need to remember a time when games were sold as they were, simultaneously developers need to publish functional games, that means more QC before release and ensuring all content they wish to see in a game, actually in game. I feel DLC is no longer for extras, it's now a substitute for half finished games and concepts which is just bad business. Not really a statement aimed at this game, more so the current market.

I'm going to treat this game as If I had no knowledge of the DLC and still enjoy it for what it is.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Did you brother's turtle have it in for you?

19 hours ago, The Tommy said:

So did you become The Shredder then? 

Nah , I wasn´t Angry.

My eyes were just...……..sweating.

The good Thing is though , the game , the Controller (an official working one) and the console all worked perfectly…..they were just covered in Shit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, antonz said:

Look on the bright side,even when the online portion will die in a few years,we will still have the single player challenges and offline bots forever.

The problem with that is the profiles tie in to the servers, meaning when the servers go down everyone will be at level 0 with no way to level up. All of the unlockables will not unlock( Jason’s, kills, skins, weapon swapping etc).They can’t even answer if this will be rectified or not, which is worrisome.

2 hours ago, PolymerPouch said:

Disappointing news.

However, this game is still really enjoyable and I'll continue to play. After all, it is only DLC that isn't coming, the game will be maintained as far as we have been told.  I've not posted since hearing the news as I didn't want to simply jump on the bandwagon. This is the statement we should have received in reality as the original statements floating around were unclear.

I think people need to remember a time when games were sold as they were, simultaneously developers need to publish functional games, that means more QC before release and ensuring all content they wish to see in a game, actually in game. I feel DLC is no longer for extras, it's now a substitute for half finished games and concepts which is just bad business. Not really a statement aimed at this game, more so the current market.

I'm going to treat this game as If I had no knowledge of the DLC and still enjoy it for what it is.

I'm sorry, but your statement described this game exactly.  

Did you play this game at launch? Because anyone who did payed $40 for one online game mode with just three maps. 

I wouldn't even call that half-finished. 

And hell, it still isn't even close to finished and now never will be.

7 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

I'm sorry, but your statement described this game exactly.  

Did you play this game at launch? Because anyone who did payed $40 for one online game mode with just three maps. 

I wouldn't even call that half-finished. 

And hell, it still isn't even close to finished and now never will be.

I said not 'really' aimed at this game. There of course parts of my statement that apply to this game to some extent. I'm not here to defend the game. Simply saying that the practice of releasing games half finished is rife since everyone is happy to buy it in DLC form at the moment. 

I feel that, the current game in terms of content it has, is playable for some time to come. A strict condition to that would be that the developers do in fact maintain the current game with fixes and efficiency improvements. 

11 minutes ago, PolymerPouch said:

I said not 'really' aimed at this game. There of course parts of my statement that apply to this game to some extent. I'm not here to defend the game. Simply saying that the practice of releasing games half finished is rife since everyone is happy to buy it in DLC form at the moment. 

I feel that, the current game in terms of content it has, is playable for some time to come. A strict condition to that would be that the developers do in fact maintain the current game with fixes and efficiency improvements. 

You know what, if Timesplitters 2 was ever ported to the PS4, no one would buy any other game. 

To this day, it's still the funnest, most content-packed game I've ever seen.

It had single-player, co-op, challenges, an arcade league (deathmatch challenges), a robust offline AND online multiplayer offering, and a map maker.

And that game was made by a "small team" way back in the ps2 era.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, R.J MacReady said:

Oh God, f**king spare me.

You act like him and his cohorts haven't pulled that same trick before.

F**k up the game with a dumb patch or get caught up in some PR snafu that they get flamed for, then one of them comes out with a "this is our dream, how could you even suggest we'd mean wrong?!", and then the apologists/enablers like you come out and shun the people that were (rightly) handing them their ass on a platter and holding them accountable for thier mistakes.

Its the same damn cycle everytime, except this time, there's less apologists/enablers as even the most stanchest supporters of the devs can't find it in them to defend this dumpster fire of a company anymore.

Don't forget how they vanish from the forums when the shit hits the fan,stay completely silent,and then get praised for transparency when they finally do show up.

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Don't forget how they vanish from the forums when the shit hits the fan,stay completely silent,and then get praised for transparency when they finally do show up.

Let's not forget how they lock threads to avoid addressing valid questions and concerns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mawlock said:

Let's not forget how they lock threads to avoid addressing valid questions and concerns.

No kidding. I'll just repeat something here:

So I need folks to help clarify something for me.

Back in... October I think, we got the virtual cabin 2.0 and Offline Bots. In the Cabin, it ends with Uber Jason and a small area of the Grendle and even now in a completed gallery, you can view Uber Jason. Some folks did hack to put it over another Jason and it was a glitchy mess and we don't talk about it.

But then the May update hit. We got the new grab, weapon swap, single player challenges, and... hang on... what's that in the game code? Why, it's a fully finished Uber Jason with his own weapon, six unique kills for the weapon, and stat screen with applied stats. It's just not unlocked, likely being held until the Grendel map would have been finished.

But now there is a lockdown saying no new content can be added to the game outside of bug fixes.

So riddle me this: Uber Jason, his weapon, his kills, and his stats are all in the game. They are there and PC players have been using him and his weapon (sometimes swapping it). Some folks have randomly spawned in as Uber Jason during the glitches in multiplayer (I personally stopped playing because I didn't want to suffer a ban if I were to randomly spawn in as him).

Doesn't this count as content that was in the game before the cutoff date, and therefore, able to be unlocked to the fans without any legal ramifications?

Wouldn't this be something that we could actually have?

I just want some clarification on this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

So riddle me this: Uber Jason, his weapon, his kills, and his stats are all in the game. They are there and PC players have been using him and his weapon (sometimes swapping it). Some folks have randomly spawned in as Uber Jason during the glitches in multiplayer (I personally stopped playing because I didn't want to suffer a ban if I were to randomly spawn in as him).

Doesn't this count as content that was in the game before the cutoff date, and therefore, able to be unlocked to the fans without any legal ramifications?

I wish I knew how to unlock/hack him and I also wish that maybe they wouldn't patch the ability to do so,out of the game. I guess all that is missing is his music. Which I guess won't be on the official soundtrack release....

:chadwut:

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

I wish I knew how to unlock/hack him and I also wish that maybe they wouldn't patch the ability to do so,out of the game. I guess all that is missing is his music. Which I guess won't be on the official soundtrack release....

:chadwut:

I'd be happy if he just used the part 3 music (the devs will never make it so that the jason player can hear the right Jason music anyway), though his kills don't all have sound effects.

On 6/22/2018 at 2:35 AM, tyrant666 said:

Dead after one year.

Unreal.

I hate to say it, because the dude who shall not be named is a douchbag. That said, just because someone is a douchbag, doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. That video now has even more validity to it than it did before.

I'd love to hear what @Laphin has to be say about this. He was one of the biggest mascots of this game to start, but even he started to change as the incompetance began to grow over the last year. Without him and the others in the youtube community. This game really had no chance from the start. To think of all those guys that donated 10k or whatever it was to get their likeness in the game. Kenny, Bugsy, etc only for the game to be dead after a year. I wonder if they even play anymore.

Bringing in Thom Matthews, Kane Hodder, Larry Zerner all seems like a big waste now. It will go down as wasted potential.

Unless by some miracle they stablize the game before they ditch it. I hate to say it but the reality is Friday the 13th NES ended up being the more complete game for what it was.

I suppose if this game stayed Slasher Camp Vo1...and there wasn't 30-50 million dollars to sit on. This game might still have a future because you couldn't just abandon it so easily and there would be no lawsuit get out of jail free card.

tumblr_ojr6pgcfX31u501aoo1_400.gif

I'm interested to know how they're even going to be capable of working on something else besides Friday The 13th. They've had hard time enough trying to get this game where to needs to be. Wouldn't it just be easier to continue adding new features for something that's near finished? It would be a strong make up for past mistakes and they would be keeping people's faith for their next project.

24 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

The thing that seems odd to me is this

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/08/layers-of-fear-observer-dev-partners-with-friday-the-13th-publisher-for-new-game

Why would you start something new when your dream project is incomplete? I wouldnt be interested in anything else personally, so this leaves me scratching my head.

Yeah, it’s that Project Melies thing. That’s been around a little while now. I wouldn’t think too much of this. Gun only publishes F13. Publishers usually have multiple titles in the pipeline at once. 

There certainly are ways to continue content just sounds to me like you made the money you wanted and are now dropping out and pretty much leaving all of us dedicated players out to dry its just bad business and most gamers will remember who left them hanging and it may even affect business for you i would have no problem waiting 50 years for new content even tho that would make me 87 yrs old id still play it you can even make a sequel game to it it just sounds to me like gun and illfonic are copping out taking our money and running saying ha ha ha suckers

1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

No kidding. I'll just repeat something here:

So I need folks to help clarify something for me.

Back in... October I think, we got the virtual cabin 2.0 and Offline Bots. In the Cabin, it ends with Uber Jason and a small area of the Grendle and even now in a completed gallery, you can view Uber Jason. Some folks did hack to put it over another Jason and it was a glitchy mess and we don't talk about it.

But then the May update hit. We got the new grab, weapon swap, single player challenges, and... hang on... what's that in the game code? Why, it's a fully finished Uber Jason with his own weapon, six unique kills for the weapon, and stat screen with applied stats. It's just not unlocked, likely being held until the Grendel map would have been finished.

But now there is a lockdown saying no new content can be added to the game outside of bug fixes.

Wouldn't this be something that we could actually have?

I just want some clarification on this.

I clarified this on another post you responded to. Are you asking for a second opinion? Or for the developers to respond?

3 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

I clarified this on another post you responded to. Are you asking for a second opinion?

I was slapped by a mod for pestering about this in "unrelated threads", such as the one you answered in. Sorry. I meant to be stating this "in the correct thread", hence my repeat.

But yes, more people knowing the answer would certainly be nice.

13 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I was slapped by a mod for pestering about this in "unrelated threads", such as the one you answered in. Sorry. I meant to be stating this "in the correct thread", hence my repeat.

But yes, more people knowing the answer would certainly be nice.

Well, I did confirms things with an actual lawyer the other day about what I said. I can go ask a Judge.

legal precedent is everything to the law, and the precedent was already set by the Hot coffee scandal, as I said.

If something in a game is there in any way, doesn't matter what way, it exists. and if it exists, it is content.

And we were given said content with the engine update.

We're right about Uber Jason. Absolutely right, but the fight is rigged against us. The bad guys win.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

Well, I did confirms things with an actual lawyer the other day about what I said. I can go ask a Judge.

legal precedent is everything to the law, and the precedent was already set by the Hot coffee scandal, as I said.

We're right about Uber Jason. Absolutely right, but the fight is rigged against us. The bad guys win.

Well, in some ways, I feel quite happy knowing we're right about this.

As I said in another thread, who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky and one day, maybe with an upcoming patch, we'll suddenly find a new face in the jason screen. I wouldn't even mind if the music for the kills (he has six in the programming) was re-used from other kills or if his chase music was re-used from another Jason, just so long as he's playable as that's the main thing.

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

Well, in some ways, I feel quite happy knowing we're right about this.

As I said in another thread, who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky and one day, maybe with an upcoming patch, we'll suddenly find a new face in the jason screen. I wouldn't even mind if the music for the kills (he has six in the programming) was re-used from other kills or if his chase music was re-used from another Jason, just so long as he's playable as that's the main thing.

I edited my post for more clarification, btw. 

• Like 1

This is indeed the correct thread, no problems posting here.