wes

Questions About Future Content

I honestly don't understand. So he is saying they won't release the content that is already almost done? Jason X is in the code. Just unlock it. We saw the footage of the space station. So the assets are there, just unlock them. Don't make new, just unlock.

Wes, you asked us why you would want to stop making something you love so much. I ask the same thing also. If you loved it so much, wouldn't you at least, once the ruling is over, fight to release what is already almost done? Like Star Wars: The Clone Wars; they had a season nearly in the can ready for release when Crazy Kathleen Kennedy halted production. Dave Filoni (who also LOVES what he works on) fought to finish the season off and release it. And as a final season it was a great send off.

I say this again, Jason X is in the code of our games already, just unlock it. The Grendel is almost done we've seen some play footage. If you love it as you claim you do, fight for it. I'm not saying release a whole new season of content or original content. I'm saying just unlock what is already done or almost. ONCE the ruling is complete. Fight for it. It IS good business by the way. It shows fans you are sincere. And in today's society we don't have a lot of sincerity.

If this game is truly dead, fine. But give it a proper send off. Once the ruling is complete, fight to release Jason X and the Grendel. Fight for it.

• Like 2

M.A.S.H. was canceled but saved. Cheers was canceled by saved. Lucifer was canceled but picked up by Netflix for a new season. The first two are shows are of legend in quality and humor, with their finales garnering record breaking numbers of viewers at the time. Again, I am not suggesting a whole new round of content. Just unlock or finish what is there. Even if we don't get Paranoia, unlock Jason X. WHEN the ruling is over.

2 hours ago, zmccain said:

Gun and Blue Wizard aren't the only companies who put out Friday the 13th merchandise.  There are DVDs, toys, t-shirts and more.  Neca doesn't seem "affected" by the lawsuit.  They have a new Jason figure coming out in September.

NECA doesn't make millions of those toys, probably just a couple of thousand, and they cost like $30 or more a pop. I doubt people are going to buy those like hot cakes. I doubt Victor Miller would rake in much dough off that so I doubt he'll bother with it

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am more concerned that we have not been given an answer about saving data to our consoles......

@wes this is one of the most important questions going on today since your post, with out being able to save the content unlocked on our side we will only be able to play offline bots with 3 jasons and virtual cabin.....and trust me no one wants to play the virtual cabin anymore after this news and seeing a character that should have unlocked at level 101 4 months ago on the screen.

Yeah there has been no answer on this since the first press release. Somebody on here created a thread specifically for this question and tagged wes and shifty numerous times. Still no answer am I right @BrokenFattHardy

• Like 1

I understand Gun’s decision as it relates to running a business (as I stated in earlier thread). I do hope (maybe foolishly) that they finish working on the Jason X/Grendel map and release it as a paid DLC after the suit is settled. I would gladly pay to have it.

That is assuming that it it mostly completed and wouldn’t suck up to much money, allowing Gun to actually make a profit. Hopefully their isn’t some legal hurdle that prevents any additions after this is settled.

Wes and gang, I love what you created for us F13th fans. I wish you guys the best and hope some luck drops your way.

It just really ticks me off that I finally get to play a great F13th game that gets cut down by drawn out legal crap.

• Like 1

Lol, with the new bugs that come with every bug fix patch, I think they would still be working on the game when the court decision comes, just working on game stability . This sounds to me like they are just about finished with the game as a whole and maybe one or two patch fixes and that’s it. After those fixes, the question is will the game still be broken? Sounds like motivation is about gone now. I guess the servers will be shut down sooner than later because they will still have to work to maintain them.

This is an unprofessional attitude for a video game company. You could have shown a little more optimism in the statement, but what you said sounds like you don’t care if this lawsuit gets resolved or not and you are finished with the game. As a backer of this game I am appalled with this. We deserve better than this. @wes

27 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

This is an unprofessional attitude for a video game company. You could have shown a little more optimism in the statement, but what you said sounds like you don’t care if this lawsuit gets resolved or not and you are finished with the game. As a backer of this game I am appalled with this. We deserve better than this. @wes

I'm appalled at the attitude as well.  Some of us here are business owners and run our own businesses (successfully!) and the attitude on display by "the devs" is arrogant and strangely ironic seeing as how they are likely to crash and burn after this debacle.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I have NEVER seen such incompetence, on all levels!, from a company in my life.  If I had this level of incompetence I would be out of business.  It's astounding!  I'm probably going to get banned for what I just said but, dammit, it needs to be said.?

• Thanks 3

Basically the devs in the forum right now.... Lol. I will never and I mean eeeevvvveeeeeerrrr purchase an illfukit or gun media game again. This was my favorite franchise. I grew up with it. It is essentially a good chunk of my childhood. This game was a dream come true for real Jason fans the sp challenges were fucking beautiful. Its just terrible when fans love your game more than you do. Save some face for the love of the sweet fat baby jesus and give us the end date. Like when are you gonna pull the plug. That way out of all the other things we have been bent over and gorilla pounded out of at least we could say some sort of goodbye to it.  Gun didnt kill this game in the same way O.j. didnt murder nicole. 

2018-06-21-20-43-11--987447357.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow that really sucks, at least finish and release Uber Jason and the Grendal before the lawsuit starts.

All it will take is a slight code change to enable Uber Jason. He's all set to go and I'm pissed he wasn't already released officially with the dearth of content.

I can't even believe "what are we supposed to do" is being said.

At least 2 million sales.

Assume an average price of $30 between full price and sale prices.

$60 million dollars.

Assume they made horrible deals and are only netting 20%.

$12 million dollars. 

This isn't even considering paid DLC.

I'm working with a team that's developing a game with less than 4% of that. Last Year is wrapping development having been funded for even less.

What do you do? Really? You keep making fucking games because that's what you love, that's what you're so passionate about.

Bah. Friday the 13th: The Game is officially dead. Drop a client side patch and perfect what's there in offline, single player game modes.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Friday the 13th: The Game is officially dead. Drop a client side patch and perfect what's there in offline, single player game modes.

This sounds fun. /s (Edit)

14 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This sounds fun

It isn't supposed to be fun. It's a salvage and preservation mission.

The most interesting part is; why in the hell did Gun Media even get to build the game in the first place? Why is this all of a sudden a problem now? Why didn't the people that had a problem with all of this say something, oh I dunno; like several years ago?

So sad. This game gave me so many good and fun memories and I'm so upset it has to be cut short. I know I would've had many more memories down the road if not for this stupid lawsuit. RIP F13: The Game. I'll always remember you. Even though you were in my life for such a short time, It's a time I will never forget. ?

32 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

So sad. This game gave me so many good and fun memories and I'm so upset it has to be cut short. I know I would've had many more memories down the road if not for this stupid lawsuit. RIP F13: The Game. I'll always remember you. Even though you were in my life for such a short time, It's a time I will never forget. ?

Now I know why you cry, but that is something I can never do.

59297-terminator2_576pyxurz.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wes said:

If you have the opportunity in your life to do something you love, do it! Jump all over it with everything you have. Pour your soul into it and hold on as hard as you can.

Words I live by in life.

13 hours ago, steven_kale99 said:

But are people still going to play it?

Me and my circle will play until the end. We will be cutting back a bit though.

13 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Meh, after e3, I already have a list of games I’m looking forward to. Last of us 2 anyone? Last of us hasn’t added new content in years and I still love playing it, online and offline.

I'm looking forward to The Last of Us 2 as well.

9 hours ago, Lunacy said:

well, i guess that's all, but ill still play till there are no more players, or at least Last Year comes out, or Hide or Die

I'm looking forward to Hide or Die also.

8 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Even the most popular games lose players, and developer support, over time. Eventually the user base becomes so small that continuing support for the title just isn't economically viable.

A lot of people struggle with understanding this. Online support for games eventually comes to an end.

8 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

The misunderstanding and/or willful ignorance of how game development, merchandising, and business in general work that is on display in this thread is impressive and mind-boggling all at once. I'm going to have to bow out before I pop an aneurysm trying to explain what should be plainly evident to those who care to think rationally about this issue.

No need to keep trying to point out stuff to people that won't listen. I gave up on that a while back.

8 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Same. I get being mad about the whole situation, but the people on here are acting like Gun personally flew down and pissed on their console. ?

I know someone whose dog pissed on their console. It wasn't a pretty picture.

8 hours ago, Carl Winslow said:

Gun never received a cease and desist either. None were issued. The June deadline was always there. That never changed. They just never made it known to anyone. 

We don't know if Gun got a C&D or not. Even if they did, they might or might not tell us.

2 hours ago, jholttn said:

The most interesting part is; why in the hell did Gun Media even get to build the game in the first place? Why is this all of a sudden a problem now? Why didn't the people that had a problem with all of this say something, oh I dunno; like several years ago?

That's the million dollar question. I'll file it away with all the questions we won't get answers to.

To the developers and publishers, I've enjoyed the game overall. It wasn't perfect, but I had some good times, made some new friends, and had a lot of laughs. It's unfortunate about the turn of events. I'll play until the bitter end.

To the players, enjoy what you can, while you can. For those who can't, I wish you the best in finding a new game to be the center of your entertainment.

I really do love this game. I bought a PS4 only because of this game, and I have loved playing it. I will play to the bitter end.

I just don't understand why Gun can't spend this time fixing bugs. Yes, move onto other projects. But why totally give up on Friday the 13th? Why not keep it on the back-burner for now, but come back when these rights issues are worked out? Especially since they have new content that is far along (Jason X, Paranoia, etc). Makes no sense to me.

19 minutes ago, quothetheraven79 said:

I guess the only thing we can hope is for another kickstarter after the ruling is done

lol good luck with that. You really think people are going to pay even more money to a company that has dropped the ball on this game. They would be extremely stupid to do so. I say let Gun and Illfonic give the rights to a company that can actually finish the game the way we want it without all the bugs and glitches once this lawsuit is over. It's time for Gun and Illfonic to move on to their next failed project.