wes

Questions About Future Content

Uber Jason is already IN THE GAME. At least fucking unlock him because as it stands, the PC players have him. They are using him because he's in the game. 

It's not added content, it's content that is already there since the May update.

'm sure you guys remember a similar situation. It was called Hot Coffee, and even though it was "disabled" by the creators, it is, in fact, in the game still and can be accessed via hacks. The company was SUCCESSFULLY SUED for having the content in the game at all.

So, I stand here and as a backer, I'm making demands.

I've been nice, I've been excusing, I've been coaxing people to get the game, and now you owe me.

1: Give me an offline save file for my rank, allowing me to play with all my unlocked content offline.

2: Un-hide Uber Jason. He and his kills are in the game. Unlock him. His low res model was already showcased in the cabin and his finished model and theme and kills and weapon are all in the game already. Unlock him.

I've been a good, well behaved board member and a dedicated backer who bought this game twice and even got Savini twice and one counselor clothing pack and even bought all Kill DLC twice. Now do this one last good deed for us so that I can uncover this game years later when the servers are dead and still be able to murder counselors with the various Jasons in the game and go "yeah, I like this game".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mikleo said:

Wait, What? "Development on games can't just pause indefinitely and pick back up again" Well can I ask Why Not? To my understanding Uber Jason/Grendel were near finish so say if the ruling does indeed occur in the near future why can't you continue to work on it? I really don't understand that at all. No one is asking you to work on new content right now, actually the opposite, everyone wants to see bug fixes and dedicated servers. Also no one is expecting content to be released the day after the lawsuit is resolved, people were just hoping  it would continue afterwards since Why not? I'm sorry but this is just really heartbreaking because it just doesn't make sense to me why you can't just continue to develop on new content ONCE the ruling on the dispute is resolved IF its in the near future. This is a huge slap in the face since it feels like you guys are abandoning the game which sucks since aside from the bugs, I love the gameplay of Friday the 13th and it really stings when something like this happens. I've made majority of my friends on steam through the game and it's kind of depressing seeing the number of people playing the game deplete everyday. 

You kinda inadvertently answered your own question at the very end of your post. Even the most popular games lose players, and developer support, over time. Eventually the user base becomes so small that continuing support for the title just isn't economically viable. This game was already lost a very large portion of it's user base by now and continues to lower as new games release. Even if the court case ended in four months, the holiday season will be upon us and the daily user count by that point would make it not worth the money for Gun Media/Illfonic to redirect their staff off of whatever new project they're building to go back to developing non-profitable DLC for this game. This end of support point is the end game for all software, the unavoidable checkmate. The developer has to build something new to sell at some point, or else they stop making enough money to survive and then the game would get shut down anyways. 

43 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

if this is truly the reason we will never see more content then wow, fuck them. they deserve to go out of business. I really hope this isn't the case. 

I can confirm it is.

There is another game currently running: Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle. Guess what it features? Lootboxes. Yeah, a continuous payment function. No news of anything being put on hold.

GUN/Illfonic are shafting us.

They got ONE last change to make me not blacklist them and it's in my plainly laid out demands.

• Like 1

Funny thing, I was just looking through another forum thread entitled "bad business" that seemed to have been created in response to the recent comments made by Wes, and just as I tried to post my response the site returned the "unable to find content" screen.

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

I can confirm it is.

There is another game currently running: Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle. Guess what it features? Lootboxes. Yeah, a continuous payment function. No news of anything being put on hold.

They got ONE last change to make me not blacklist them and it's in my plainly laid out demands.

Wow to hell with Gun/IIIfonic. Guess now I will post my shit review on steam for them.

6 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I can confirm it is.

Your argument fails on basic premise that the lootboxes are not new content because they existed in the game prior to the June 2018 deadline. It may be a function of continuous payment, but they will not be adding new items to the lootboxes themselves. Whatever you can get out of a lootbox as of right now... that's all you will ever be able to get.

Again. Lootboxes in and of themselves are not new content.

Just now, Shadesofjoe said:

Your argument fails on basic premise that the lootboxes are not new content because they existed in the game prior to the June 2018 deadline. It may be a function of continuous payment, but they will not be adding new items to the lootboxes themselves. Whatever you can get out of a lootbox as of right now... that's all you will ever be able to get.

They have also not shared any news of this alleged lawsuit lockout. For them, they are just sitting back and raking in money.

Wow.  We finally get a post by one of "the devs" and it's full of so much bullshi.............I'll stop right there.

"That's bad business."  The irony.  And the audacity.😖

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

They have also not shared any news of this alleged lawsuit lockout. For them, they are just sitting back and raking in money.

Wrong.

abw4f4z7in311.jpg

2 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

assuming the lawsuit impacts the killer puzzle game in the same manner as this one, then the only way they will continue to acquire more money as a result of loot boxes is by people being dumb enough to continue buying them, which in itself won't last forever as the people who do continue to purchase loot box will eventually either get all the loot they specifically are aiming for, or they will run out of funds, or they will just tire of the game itself, whichever comes first

5 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Nice to see a voice of reason. The crowd is tough to crack.

5 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Would you openly share information regarding lawsuits that could seriously negatively affect the sales of a product you spent three years building even though it might not ever end up actually affecting you? Getting effing real man. I get you feel burned, but it's just a video game. This end of support for the game was going to happen at some point regardless, just like it does with all software. All we lost out on was a metal mask for Jason and a space map. 

I'm still not backing down on my two demands before this game is 100% dead.

Flay me and treat me like a villain for not bending over and taking every inch, but if Uber Jason was not functional and only the incomplete cabin model existed, then I'd just have to suck it. But it's not the case, he's in the game. He's finished, he's functional, and all that's "locking" him is a line of code rather easily broken as PC players are using him and swapping his weapon and using his kills.

Will the excuse be "they are accessing non-legit content"? Well I again point to hot coffee where a company was sued over content that was "locked" in the same manner.

So no, I won't back down and I'll only get worse the more I'm told to.

• Like 6

Gun and Blue Wizard aren't the only companies who put out Friday the 13th merchandise.  There are DVDs, toys, t-shirts and more.  Neca doesn't seem "affected" by the lawsuit.  They have a new Jason figure coming out in September.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I'm not too familiar with modern day games and how things work. I only bought a PS4 because of this game! I'm used to playing my old NES and Super NES.

But once the servers eventually go down (and they will) will we still be able to play the offline content? Or is that going to go away too? Also, what will happen to things we have unlocked? 

1 minute ago, Carl Winslow said:

There are several officially licensed F13 items coming out later this year. Gun is CHOOSING this. 

Right.... it couldn't possibly be that cease and desist orders just haven't found their way to every single maker of every single piece of way less known about merch.... It's definitely that Gun is actively looking to upset their entire user base and completely kill their chances at selling their next game to their existing customers. Not to mention that Sean Cunningham actively assisted in building this game, making it probably much more known about to the lawyers on the other side. Makes total business sense.

• Haha 1

The misunderstanding and/or willful ignorance of how game development, merchandising, and business in general work that is on display in this thread is impressive and mind-boggling all at once. I'm going to have to bow out before I pop an aneurysm trying to explain what should be plainly evident to those who care to think rationally about this issue.

2 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

You lose everything you unlocked. And will not be able to level up and unlock anything. 

Damn. Thanks for the info. This frigging blows.

2 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

The misunderstanding and/or willful ignorance of how game development, merchandising, and business in general work that is on display in this thread is impressive and mind-boggling all at once. I'm going to have to bow out before I pop an aneurysm trying to explain what should be plainly evident to those who care to think rationally about this issue.

Same. I get being mad about the whole situation, but the people on here are acting like Gun personally flew down and pissed on their console. 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

You lose everything you unlocked. And will not be able to level up and unlock anything. 

Which is one of the technical "fixes" that I've wanted since day 1 since otherwise it'll render everything locked again with the player at rank 0 with he choke kill and one weapon kill for Part 3 and Part 5 (and savini if applicable).

Deader than dead and unable to even be looked back upon fondly.

7 hours ago, wes said:

I've seen some discussions here, on social, youtube, etc, that describe this situation as "shady" or that we are trying to weasel out of this game. As a creator, why would I purposefully want to stop creating something that fulfills me more than anything I've ever done? 

Because of all the glaring problems introduced when you tried to "fix" or add something new to the game. The peak sales being behind you as you have everyone's money already, the constant brow bashing from fans as your dev team continued to fail handling the game repeatedly or the long silences on important issues in the forums. It's okay that you're scapegoating the lawsuit but don't make it out like you want to continue. If you did you would have pushed out the finished content before the July 15th cut off date that you have been promising for about 6 months. How hard would it would be to shit out a patch to make Jason selectable. He was 'revealed' in VCab 2.0 so don't give me that he's unreleased bullshit. You wanted as a team to call it quits because of how monumentally you proved incompetent in supporting this game.i say this as a backer from your kickstarter btw. I've defended you in the past but don't piss in my face and tell me it's raining. 

• Like 7

@wes I know it's probably too early to start thinking about this now, but even after the court battle settles, what could this mean for the Friday The 13th title in general? I know fixes and the servers will continue, but what does it mean for the Friday The 13th for the future in regards to gaming?

Regardless with the amount of bugs or delays you've had to deal with, just having the chance to own this unique multiplayer game and knowing that future content would come was a good enough fun experience for me. You all provided me with something entertaining enough to put me at ease with my everyday struggle of depression. Hearing this news is makes it more devastating, but what would be more devastating is the scary aftermath thought of how long the game will continue to run and how we may end up waiting years again before another Friday The 13th game will come around. 

It seems like a lot of catastrophic events is trying to suck all the life out of this game. Business wise, I hope you guys aren't in a bad state because of this and I'd hate to see this franchise go away. I hope you can reconsider this decision canceling the content or at the very least start making a plan for a predecessor sometime soon. And despite whatever past mistakes you made and the amount of backlash responses you've received, I'm certain there are a lot of appreciative F13 fans will continue to follow you for whatever other direction you want to take this game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, steven_kale99 said:

Damn. Thanks for the info. This frigging blows.

Unless we get the ability to save content on our console or pc.....

however the silence to this question that’s been asked over and over in this  9 page thread is deafening...........

• Thanks 1

I just want the game fixed. That's it at this point. I understand that you can't do more content. But currently even if you did add something I wouldn't play it right now unless it was single player. The current build of the multiplayer game is broken. The bugs are more dangerous than Jason is right now because they put you in situations you get killed in. 

If you guys are up for making the game playable I'm down to play this till the servers go offline. But please for the love of god fix it! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Dude, WTF do you expect? That after a year of broken promises and disappointment, people were going to calmly accept this announcement and have reasonable discussions? Come on now.

Folks are pissed, and rightfully so, it doesn't matter if what you're saying about the reasons why Gun are doing what they're doing are true, at this point, the pitchforks are out and Gun/illfonic have earned every ounce of that ire.

If there was a documentary about this game's lifespan from May '17 to May '18, I'd name it Gun Media/Illfonic present: "How to f**k up a sure thing and alienate your customers in just one year"

• Like 3