wes

Questions About Future Content

I'll play till the end 

I guess it's time to check out and see what all the hype was about  Dead by Daylight

Meh.

This game was dying before the lawsuit plunged a dagger into it's heart and sent it to hell. So I kinda accepted that the end was near,even before the big engine update crashed and burned spectacularly. Each update breaks more stuff without fixing all the old bugs. We've been fooled more than once,so shame on us.

I don't understand how the Jason X content couldn't be finished if the lawsuit were to wrap up by the end of summer,but that's your story and you're sticking to it,I suppose.

I know everyone says they are passionate about the game,but I'm willing to bet the offices of Gun and Illfonic had some sighs of relief when the lawsuit killed the game.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bigwayne13 said:

Why was my question deleted?

The forum displayed the post twice. In an attempt to tidy up, I deleted the duplicate. When the page refreshed, both instances were gone. My apologies for the error. Feel free to repost.

Since it was accidentally deleted:

@wes I know your taking a beating right now so I'll try not to pile on. I just have a few questions about certain paths that were taken. The copyright motion was filed in 2016, with a termination date of June/July 2018. I know at first you guys were told that the active lawsuit would not affect F13:The Game however, as the 2018 deadline approached with no settlement in sight, I feel like someone had to be aware of the possibility not being able to add future content. I just wondering with this pending deadline looming, why was the decision made, to stop working on content, and concentrate on the engine upgrade? The engine upgrade, dedicated servers, bug fixes could have been worked on, and released after the 2018 termination deadline.

5 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

The forum displayed the post twice. In an attempt to tidy up, I deleted the duplicate. When the page refreshed, both instances were gone. My apologies for the error. Feel free to repost.

Thanks for the response. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Just because it's not receiving any NEW content doesn't mean it's DEAD...Jeeze. Kids today...

As long as people are playing it, it's not dead. And as long as they fix the problems in the game, people will continue to play it - albeit much more casually.

If they want to extent the life cycle of the game, they should make it cheap (at least 50% of what it is now) and hope to make more sales - which is possible if the game isn't a buggy mess.

More maps/Jasons/Counselors aren't necessary to enjoy the experience the game has to offer when it's working right.

But are people still going to play it? I will because I'm a die hard, but this news today will no doubt have a negative effect. Many people are going to bail because why bother playing something that is "dying"? Then you've got all the people who feel betrayed and stuff bailing, what does that leave?

Look, I hope and pray you are right and the game continues on. But the odds seem low to me. What a gut-punch this is! 

18 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Just because it's not receiving any NEW content doesn't mean it's DEAD...Jeeze. Kids today...

As long as people are playing it, it's not dead. And as long as they fix the problems in the game, people will continue to play it - albeit much more casually.

If they want to extent the life cycle of the game, they should make it cheap (at least 50% of what it is now) and hope to make more sales - which is possible if the game isn't a buggy mess.

More maps/Jasons/Counselors aren't necessary to enjoy the experience the game has to offer when it's working right.

Kid? You're cute.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

You're cute.

I don't think you're his type.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wes said:

I don't have rights to make a sequel. 

The title is misleading, the ideas are about expanding this genre not necessarily doing a sequel. Although one of the ideas is titled The Sequel, first one page two, it has nothing to do with F13. If you do take the time to read one idea though, make it the last one. I think you'll like Daisy.

Time to take old yeller out to the field.

It was fun while it lasted. July 13th may be the last time I touch the game after all.

Such a shame.. 

8 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I don't think you're his type.

I dont know why you feel the need to sexualize things. 

1 hour ago, The.Dark.God said:

@wesThank you for the information... I do have a pair of questions though:  Why can you guys not push out things that you did, in fact, release in the game code?  Uber Jason's model and kills are there and have been widely seen and used by hackers.  The Pajama Pack DLC has been seen, and in fact partially used in the single player challenges for at least one of the characters.  Why can't those be pushed out since they were technically already there? 

As someone whose been waiting for the pajama DLC since it leaked last summer, I'd *really* like to now this as well. @wes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I respect the honesty in that making it clear that we are not getting new content.

Congratulations on your success with F13th and the massive profits it's made since release.  Are you going to take the opportunity to retire, or gamble on new games?

@wes I know I asked a couple questions earlier in the thread that maybe you aren't able to answer, but perhaps this one which is arguably more important might be something you can...

Will there be any steps taken to ensure that the game can be played if and when the servers are shut down?  For example, between my family and friends and the copies I've given out, I have a group of maybe 6-10 people that regularly play the game on PC.  We do private hosted matches.  Can we continue to play this way indefinitely even if you guys pull final support?

And along those lines, is there going to be a provision to unlock all content or keep it unlocked somehow, since clearly the game communicates with a server to pull our level and thus unlocks down... if your servers are closed, even me who has level 150 currently will not have access to my unlocks, and that sucks.

Not saying I will be playing this game years from now, but not saying I won't either.  This game is the most fun I've had with other players online in literally years, and I want to be able to continue that.  I'm sure a community of players using private matches would continue to play this game occasionally for a long time.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

Well it appears that you sucked all the money you could from the backers and game sales as you could we put up with a shit game for over a year not one bug or patch ever worked right updates caused more glitches and problems then the content was worth don’t think fans will be interested in backing any of your games in the future 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

I dont know why you feel the need to sexualize things. 

people-who-cant-take-jokes_o_410948.gif

• Haha 1

Meh, after e3, I already have a list of games I’m looking forward to. Last of us 2 anyone? Last of us hasn’t added new content in years and I still love playing it, online and offline.

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I'm cool with this, as long as it gets done.

There's still plenty of life in this game if the problems can be addressed.

Agreed. I have the content I need. Didn't give a flying flick about Uber Jason or his map. I just want the game 98% bug free so I can enjoy it...right now I do not enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Last of us 2 anyone

Oh hell yeah can't wait

1 hour ago, wes said:

"Picking up where you left off" is what i'm saying is not possible. That's not how software development works. What will 2D, 3D, environment, character and prop artists do during that downtime? What will animators, musicians, and foley artists do? What about level designers, and technical/UI artists? 

Fair enough....but can't they work on other projects and passions and regroup when the time is right?

• Like 1

After a year of fuck ups,disappointments,delays,and outright lies,why does ANYONE think they can fix their game?

The engine "upgrade" was the final fuck up. The game was broken at launch and it's been an uphill climb ever since. If they didn't have to spend so much time fixing their mistakes,we would have gotten all the content that was promised and the lawsuit wouldn't matter.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Meh, after e3, I already have a list of games I’m looking forward to. Last of us 2 anyone? Last of us hasn’t added new content in years and I still love playing it, online and offline.

As long as they have left out sjw themes and such that have been injected into naughtydog's past couple of releases. I loved the first one, but if they try and overly politicize and inject more of the sjw stuff into this title, I will definitely skip right on over it and replay the first one again. Reminisce on it and what could have been.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Why not do the film series?

Friday the 13th: Part 1 could be the events of the first film. You're Pamela and have to silently stalk your victims in each game. Part 2 would be Baghead Jason going through the events of Part 2. Each version could have a multiplayer mode, more specific and less generic than this game. Then continue down the line of films.

I think it would have a huge following and would make lots of money for Gun down the road. 

. . . IF the conversation of sequel games take place, that is.  😥 

Thats a good idea for a sequel.

I'd still prefer them to do something original though...

@F134Ever86 I'm not opposed to the idea of a sequel.

I'd just prefer them to do something original with the games IP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lost Horseman said:

Fair enough....but can't they work on other projects and passions and regroup when the time is right?

If they don’t have time for say, another two years, will people still be playing? If they can’t guarantee some sort of revenue stream, they’d be working for free. That’s a risk that would almost certainly close their doors. 

8 minutes ago, JackTV said:

If they can’t guarantee some sort of revenue stream, they’d be working for free. That’s a risk that would almost certainly close their doors. 

This is why I can't see dedicated servers for consoles ever happening.