wes

Questions About Future Content

2 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

two of those games have been in the works for more than a year a company can work on multiple projects at once now it looks bleak but if the dust settles soon ya never know 

Thank you!

Well. There were so many interesting possibilities and it was stopped by greed and money. I do not know why the game was created, since there was no certainty about the license (-,-)

9 hours ago, blablabla said:

Well. There were so many interesting possibilities and it was stopped by greed and money. I do not know why the game was created, since there was no certainty about the license (-,-)

everyone thought it would be settled prior to termination point in June but obviously was not 

6 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

everyone thought it would be settled prior to termination point in June but obviously was not 

Interesting. Anyone know the current status of the court case?

On 9/22/2018 at 7:56 AM, aurllcooljay said:

Interesting. Anyone know the current status of the court case?

Nope. But it would be nice if someone could write whether the team gave up and that's the end or whether any legal steps are still going on.

On 9/23/2018 at 9:01 AM, blablabla said:

Nope. But it would be nice if someone could write whether the team gave up and that's the end or whether any legal steps are still going on.

The short answer is Victor Miller won, & Gun Media said they will make a statement sometime next week, but don’t get your hopes up because I’m willing to wager vital parts of my anatomy it will probably go something like this:

“Congratulations to Victor Miller, we at Gun Media hope he got exactly what he has coming to him.  That said, sadly we cannot continue making new content for the following reasons:

1) Until Sean Cunningham decides to either settle, or appeal we cannot continue making new content. 

2) Now say that Sean & Victor come to a final decision, we still cannot complete the new content because Illfonic is no longer making it, & Dark Tower has only been brought on to fix bugs, on the final game, NOTHING MORE.

3) The work that was being done on the photos, the future kill packs, the pajama clothing packs, Uber Jason, & the Grendel stage have all been deleted, & that work cannot be started over

We love you F13 fans, & your dedication to the movies, the characters, & importantly . . . The game, but from this point on the best advice we can give you is to move on(just as we have.) Believe me this is twice as painful for us as it is for you, but this time we’re are not going to continue working on Friday the 13th: The Game.

Thank you for being such good campers,

The team of Gun Media

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, quothetheraven79 said:

The short answer is Victor Miller won, & Gun Media said they will make a statement sometime next week, but don’t get your hopes up because I’m willing to wager vital parts of my anatomy it will probably go something like this:

“Congratulations to Victor Miller, we at Gun Media hope he got exactly what he has coming to him.  That said, sadly we cannot continue making new content for the following reasons:

1) Until Sean Cunningham decides to either settle, or appeal we cannot continue making new content. 

2) Now say that Sean & Victor come to a final decision, we still cannot complete the new content because Illfonic is no longer making it, & Dark Tower has only been brought on to fix bugs, on the final game, NOTHING MORE.

3) The work that was being done on the photos, the future kill packs, the pajama clothing packs, Uber Jason, & the Grendel stage have all been deleted, & that work cannot be started over

We love you F13 fans, & your dedication to the movies, the characters, & importantly . . . The game, but from this point on the best advice we can give you is to move on(just as we have.) Believe me this is twice as painful for us as it is for you, but this time we’re are not going to continue working on Friday the 13th: The Game.

The team of Gun Media

This isn't constructive. Let's stay positive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, quothetheraven79 said:

The team of Gun Media

This sounds so realistic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XxHollowFactorxX said:

So not willing to make content, even though miller won.. but will milk the shit out of the game.. with a slasher edition? logic?

We don't know how this ruling will effect the possibility of future content. I personally believe it won't, and no new content will stand. I believe this partly because I think this is only the first round of a long legal struggle. It might still come down to not being legally allowed to move forward rather then not being willing to do so.

As far as the ultimate slasher edition, I believe that was planned long before the lawsuit caused the legal limbo. It's probably the only reason they were allowed to proceed with it. 

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

We don't know how this ruling will effect the possibility of future content. I personally believe it won't, and no new content will stand. I believe this partly because I think this is only the first round of a long legal struggle. It might still come down to not being legally allowed to move forward rather then not being willing to do so.

As far as the ultimate slasher edition, I believe that was planned long before the lawsuit caused the legal limbo. It's probably the only reason they were allowed to proceed with it. 

if that were true, the we would have gotten, jason x since that was already finished and needed some touch ups.. but then again.. alot of this whole legal shit doesn't make sense. seems more like a ploy to get money do, very little.. and then use the legal shit as an excuse to not continue.

From what I heard the only issue now is if sean will appeal or settle, because Mask jason is still being reviewed or the such.

The thing that got me, was the uber leak on p.c. and then the news of the lawsuit and content probably about a week later. That just seemed suspect to me, sorry i'm being honest.

In any case all i wanted was uber Jason. I could actually live without the grendel map.

Regardless, i'm pessimistic we will get what we want. Though least that way if i'm wrong it's a nice surprise.

@wes Okay I get it. My favorite game is dying. Now just bug fix and GIVE ME MOD TOOLS AND CUSTOM GAME OPTIONS IN PRIVATE MATCH. I want to extend the game time, make it so only certain counselors can perform certain repairs, and set the music to off , meaning counselors don’t freak out unless the characters PHYSICALLY see Jason. Because if you turn off music right now, counselors reveal Jason is around even if you haven’t seen him. That’s it man. That’s my final request. I love ya buddy, you pulled off a lot but if you don’t give the community a chance to revive this project, all your hard work goes to waste. Btw when the game was on sale for steam I bought a couple buddies the game. They love it and 100% agree custom matches need to be a thing. The music gets easy to detect and you know when it’s trying to trick you. Imagine how awesome custom hardcore servers would be. So many jump-scares, so many deaths... #savecrystallake #hardcoreoptionsplease 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:40 AM, ConnectTheKings said:

@wes Okay I get it. My favorite game is dying. Now just bug fix and GIVE ME MOD TOOLS AND CUSTOM GAME OPTIONS IN PRIVATE MATCH. I want to extend the game time, make it so only certain counselors can perform certain repairs, and set the music to off , meaning counselors don’t freak out unless the characters PHYSICALLY see Jason. Because if you turn off music right now, counselors reveal Jason is around even if you haven’t seen him. That’s it man. That’s my final request. I love ya buddy, you pulled off a lot but if you don’t give the community a chance to revive this project, all your hard work goes to waste. Btw when the game was on sale for steam I bought a couple buddies the game. They love it and 100% agree custom matches need to be a thing. The music gets easy to detect and you know when it’s trying to trick you. Imagine how awesome custom hardcore servers would be. So many jump-scares, so many deaths... #savecrystallake #hardcoreoptionsplease 

It's doubtful that custom servers will ever be permitted for this game. It would be nice, but unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1