wes

Questions About Future Content

4 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Hit the nail on the head.

Side note, I just saw the incomplete "last version" of the Grendel. Holy smokes is it incomplete, but it's neat to look at. This is FAR from finished and would violate the programming loophole to even try to finish it.

On another note, of placehSolder images (I'll need to find the source), showcased that Pre-uber Jason X was designed out, as well as FvJ, and Bag-head AND Hockey mask reboot Jason.

Seen it also.....idc lol I would like to have it just to explore, even if only for a few minutes. If I went to Dunkin Donuts and got robbed I would rather escape with half a doughnut than none at all lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From what I understand, the Grendel stuff was old, dating all the way back to the start of the year, and the graphic depicting the Jasons was fake. 

31 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

That brings me to a rather interesting question: Where was the machete throw kill?

72l5vS4wDdtAui-Z95xKhm5zofYLJOip9AUfHXMR

Flaming machete no less. 

• Like 1

I 100% believe Gun when they say that can’t add NEW content to the game. 

I also 100% believe that Uber Jason and the Grendel would not count as NEW content.  Because they were already in the game in the Virtual Cabin. 

I also believe Wes when he says Uber wasn’t as close to being done as people assumed.  And that is that exact reason he won’t be in the game. Gun no longer has a financial incentive to finish Uber/Grendel and put them in the game. It would be like them working for free.  No one is going to do that and I really don’t even blame them.

But I absolutely believe they COULD finish them and put them in the game and be ok as far as the lawsuit goes. 

Hypothetically, let’s say in some alternate universe Uber Jason and the Grendel map were 99.99% done when they got the news about the lawsuit. Does anyone truly believe they wouldn’t have finished the 0.01% and released them to the game?  Of course they would have.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Treymaker said:

I 100% believe Gun when they say that can’t add NEW content to the game. 

I also 100% believe that Uber Jason and the Grendel would not count as NEW content.  Because they were already in the game in the Virtual Cabin. 

I also believe Wes when he says Uber wasn’t as close to being done as people assumed.  And that is that exact reason he won’t be in the game. Gun no longer has a financial incentive to finish Uber/Grendel and put them in the game. It would be like them working for free.  No one is going to do that and I really don’t even blame them.

But I absolutely believe they COULD finish them and put them in the game and be ok as far as the lawsuit goes. 

Hypothetically, let’s say in some alternate universe Uber Jason and the Grendel map were 99.99% done when they got the news about the lawsuit. Does anyone truly believe they wouldn’t have finished the 0.01% and released them to the game?  Of course they would have.   

This game was a labour of love and never about money....did you also 100% believe gun when they stated that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cer1alkill3r said:
5 hours ago, Treymaker said:

This game was a labour of love and never about money....did you also 100% believe gun when they stated that?

Regardless of what has been said, a person still has to get paid for their time. Saying that something isn’t about money isn’t a statement that they’ll work for free.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackTV said:

Regardless of what has been said, a person still has to get paid for their time. Saying that something isn’t about money isn’t a statement that they’ll work for free.

And what makes you think they aren’t? They have made money and are still doing so. 

On 7/12/2018 at 11:38 PM, Cer1alkill3r said:

And what makes you think they aren’t? They have made money and are still doing so. 

People need money to sustain. This game WAS DEFINITELY a labor of love but everybody tries to profit... even if it was created from passion.  I do totally agree money was not their main motivation. That's proved by looking at the fact that they only EVER charged for cosmetic changes and kill packs. But they would be working for free because the suit prevented them adding any content. So even if  Uber and the Grendal was close to finished.... it has to by a finished model, plus it was not placed publicly in game before the deadline.. therefore adding anything to the game would technically  be contempt.  So why is everybody mad at gun/Illfonic? Its out of their control .our best action is to support and  help them so they're labor of love  doesn't seem like it's entire fan base is hating!

Jason  stll whoops a## 😎

3 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

So why is everybody mad at gun/Illfonic? Its out of their control .our best action is to support and  help them so they're labor of love  doesn't seem like it's entire fan base hates is hating!

I don't speak for everyone but the feeling for me is one of disappointment, not anger. To me, it was wasted potential because it could have been so much greater but this is ultimately the hand we've been dealt. That and things could have been handled better. Nobody wanted the way things turned out.

On 7/13/2018 at 1:38 AM, Cer1alkill3r said:

Truthfully, I think people believe they have money rolling in because of the community saying they do with zero evidence to back those claims up.

My argument from the beginning regarding this mess is that people are making claims and passing them off as fact, when in truth, what’s being presented aren’t facts at all. It’s all speculation that spirals out of control. 

Most of the content they released has been free. Dedicated servers are still coming, and it’s not cheap. Mostly everything they’ve sold has been bought already. At some point, that steady stream of revenue stops and, for Illfonic especially, they need to be working on something that can make money, because eating is good. 

Im not arguing against all the complaints, just the ones that either defy common sense, or the ones that have only speculation as its foundation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:
  6 hours ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

So why is everybody mad at gun/Illfonic? Its out of their control .our best action is to support and  help them so they're labor of love  doesn't seem like it's entire fan base hates is hating!

IMO It wasn’t out of they’re control.

Let’s see where do I start? Mismanagement of time and work,dedicated servers(we didn’t need them host migration would have been fine and a lot cheaper as dedicated servers are expensive) engine upgrade( we didn’t need) paranoia(months of teasers only to cancel) Uber jason(promised before they decided to work on a non needed engine upgrade) savini Jason leaks(never should have happened if they actually only made as many codes as they had backers) knowing that they could have just patched savini out of the game and reissued new codes to backers to get rid of the stolen savinis but they didn’t. And the biggest thing that makes me angry with them is this.........................................silence. That’s all we get. If they would have been upfront with everyone(like they were during the Kickstarter) and let people know what’s going on then people would have been more understanding.that all being said I really enjoy this game and if all they do is fix what’s wrong with it I’ll be happy. But honestly I feel that the servers won’t come and if they do they will only be around for a short while and patches and bug fixes will also go away before this game hits year 2. That’s a shame because this game is the most fun I’ve had playing a video game ever.  Go watch  AldermachXI documentary on twitch or YouTube. It’s not a hate video on the game  but they bring up a lot of really good points. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Truthfully, I think people believe they have money rolling in because of the community saying they do with zero evidence to back those claims up.

My argument from the beginning regarding this mess is that people are making claims and passing them off as fact, when in truth, what’s being presented aren’t facts at all. It’s all speculation that spirals out of control. 

Most of the content they released has been free. Dedicated servers are still coming, and it’s not cheap. Mostly everything they’ve sold has been bought already. At some point, that steady stream of revenue stops and, for Illfonic especially, they need to be working on something that can make money, because eating is good. 

Im not arguing against all the complaints, just the ones that either defy common sense, or the ones that have only speculation as its foundation. 

Common sense jack would tell you it’s a waste of time to spend money on dedicated servers on a game you can no longer make revenue on. And are any of your points fact? or are they just your own speculation?

3 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Common sense jack would tell you it’s a waste of time to spend money on dedicated servers on a game you can no longer make revenue on. And are any of your points fact? or are they just your own speculation?

Again, common sense. I’m speculating as well, but at the very least, I own it, and don’t make radical — and in some cases — ridiculous claims that Gun and Illfonic have plenty of money to get the bills paid based on zero facts. 

Furthermore, I also don’t expect people to work for free because they said, “This isn’t about money”. Just because someone says that a project is, “A labor of love” doesn’t mean that they’ll put paying gigs on the back burner to work for nothing so that a few people will have a new model and map. A new model and map, BTW, that people will just bitch about the instant they’re released.

I think there’s a lot you can complain at Gun and Illfonic for, but the way the community chooses to communicate it is doing more harm than good. I have my own beef with their lack of transparency and communication but, after seeing the way fans act in here, I’m not surprised they treat us like we loaned them money. Why would they WANT to answer our questions? The community isnt satisfied with any answer they’ve EVER given, and fans just blatantly make up their own answers anyway.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Again, common sense. I’m speculating as well, but at the very least, I own it, and don’t make radical — and in some cases — ridiculous claims that Gun and Illfonic have plenty of money to get the bills paid based on zero facts. 

Furthermore, I also don’t expect people to work for free because they said, “This isn’t about money”. Just because someone says that a project is, “A labor of love” doesn’t mean that they’ll put paying gigs on the back burner to work for nothing so that a few people will have a new model and map. A new model and map, BTW, that people will just bitch about the instant they’re released.

I think there’s a lot you can complain at Gun and Illfonic for, but the way the community chooses to communicate it is doing more harm than good. I have my own beef with their lack of transparency and communication but, after seeing the way fans act in here, I’m not surprised they treat us like we loaned them money. Why would they WANT to answer our questions? The community isnt satisfied with any answer they’ve EVER given, and fans just blatantly make up their own answers anyway.

Your speculation on me saying that they have plenty of money is tiresome as is your argument. Never did I say they had plenty of money or that they should work for free. I was simply quoting them. The forums is the final place that I take my grievences because they do not respond through private email. Fortunately we have people like you that can come stick up for them and fight their battles even though you don’t know any of the answers either. You just follow blindly and interject into whatever you want with your thoughts of everyone is picking on gun. I’m not picking on gun I am simply asking them to finish a commitment that they made and to make good on promises. You know much like we do with our own children. Simply don’t make promises that you don’t intend to keep. And before you reply “they didn’t know.....” yes they did. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Your speculation on me saying that they have plenty of money is tiresome as is your argument. Never did I say they had plenty of money or that they should work for free. I was simply quoting them. The forums is the final place that I take my grievences because they do not respond through private email. Fortunately we have people like you that can come stick up for them and fight their battles even though you don’t know any of the answers either. You just follow blindly and interject into whatever you want with your thoughts of everyone is picking on gun. I’m not picking on gun I am simply asking them to finish a commitment that they made and to make good on promises. You know much like we do with our own children. Simply don’t make promises that you don’t intend to keep. And before you reply “they didn’t know.....” yes they did. 

Their time management is a grievance  for sure. But they can't "make good" on many promises based on the fact that there is a LEGAL ACTION prohibiting it. Their lack of communication was wrong as well but understandable considering the reaction they receive from any announcement, let alone a negative announcement they couldn't control. Imo, they finished what was close enough to finish and put it in the game before the deadline. I honestly think they were not going to be affected by the suit and probably had to scramble to get the SP challenges and update out in time once they learned of a legal deadline... that would explain the many bugs, they could legally fix them later. 

But no amount of bitching will grant them rights to give you what you want. Period.

yes we all know that there is nothing they can do about it now. My issue is the way they prioritized a new engine (5 months of work)for a game that will only be around for a short while instead of finishing promised content first. They knew about the suit back then and the fact that content would be coming to a end.   The dedicated servers they want to bring to the game will be too taxing unless they are planning on using them for their next project and this is a trial run. 

13 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

yes we all know that there is nothing they can do about it now. My issue is the way they prioritized a new engine (5 months of work)for a game that will only be around for a short while instead of finishing promised content first. They knew about the suit back then and the fact that content would be coming to a end.   The dedicated servers they want to bring to the game will be too taxing unless they are planning on using them for their next project and this is a trial run. 

They knew of the suit, I do believe they also thought it would never affect the game initially. The way the events unfolded lends credibility to my theory. I believe the deadline was imposed unexpectedly. Why would any publisher tease content they knew would never release? The idea that they were aware of the deadline long before we were informed is absurd to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

And before you reply “they didn’t know.....” yes they did. 

Sounds like you have your mind made up. I happen to agree with you that they knew, but that’s speculation. But here you are, once again passing your personal opinion off as fact. 

I’m sorry I hurt your feelings, but the truth is the truth. There are legal issues here, so there are promises that can’t be kept. What I DO agree with is that those promises shouldn’t have been made to begin with, given what I think they already knew. But bitching about it now? You’re beating a dead horse. You’re flogging nothing but bones.

I’m not defending them, I’m defending what I think is right. While you say that you weren’t saying what I claimed you did, and you were just quoting them, you were clearly using their quote against them to justify why they should keep their promises. All I did in my original post to you was point out that quotes like that aren’t meant to be taken at face value, and that the situation is a lot more complicated than members here are making it out to be.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JackTV said:

Sounds like you have your mind made up. I happen to agree with you that they knew, but that’s speculation. But here you are, once again passing your personal opinion off as fact. 

I’m sorry I hurt your feelings, but the truth is the truth. There are legal issues here, so there are promises that can’t be kept. What I DO agree with is that those promises shouldn’t have been made to begin with, given what I think they already knew. But bitching about it now? You’re beating a dead horse. You’re flogging nothing but bones.

I’m not defending them, I’m defending what I think is right. While you say that you weren’t saying what I claimed you did, and you were just quoting them, you were clearly using their quote against them to justify why they should keep their promises. All I did in my original post to you was point out that quotes like that aren’t meant to be taken at face value, and that the situation is a lot more complicated than members here are making it out to be.

At this point, I kind of hope if they continue with the game after the legal battle in single player only. They've shown they can. It'll cut cost of servers... and they won't have to deal the toxicity of an online community that assume they "know all" just like every other online game forum. Honestly, I am greatful for the experience and meeting some amazing people in game, but I would have bought it launch day if it was single player only due to the fact that any online gaming community has these same people who act as though they programmed the game and campaigned the ads themselves ....

Not quoting you to argue, I fully agree!

• Like 2

they need to come clean and do a press release explaining everything from their side, follow by a comprehensive list of everything we were supposed to get but didn't. I would at least like to know what Paranoia was, see what Grendel and Uber looked like (from them, not glitchy leaks), see or hear who new counselors might've been, etc.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 3:20 PM, deathbat96777 said:

they need to come clean and do a press release explaining everything from their side, follow by a comprehensive list of everything we were supposed to get but didn't. I would at least like to know what Paranoia was, see what Grendel and Uber looked like (from them, not glitchy leaks), see or hear who new counselors might've been, etc.

Yes, yes they do. I can’t agree more. Just tell us, you bloody ungrateful (edit out).

Meh..jpg.058a147bb999f59fdcce207f14934df6.jpg

Seriously,I'm sorry but "Bad Business?" how many times have fans waited for updates and all the delays and schedules missed? Also lets not ignore the fact that there still is a dedicated fan base with Friday the 13th:The Game. People sure are slowly leaving it but its because of lack of content. didn't Victor Miller also say he has No Care for the game. which means content can still be produced. If the man himself had to say that to people who have been harassing him that should be a big red flag saying "You can still create content" Now I do believe since Uber Jason was a accident you can still add him into the game.He was already featured,the leaks have already shown him and plenty of people played as him. Theres a reason people still play the game and that like I mention is because they want content.I recently discovered your Ultimate Slasher Collectors Edition of the game. Note this game has no more content coming into it but the pricing is most likely going to be over 60$ for a dead game that has no future update? Sorry but in your famous words.. "That's Bad Business." Like I've mentioned and asked for you to change the Virtual Cabin 2.0 Ending for Uber  Jason entirely. People have hopes and dreams that the game will release Uber Jason and the Grendel. if those seriously are never going to see the light of day then it deserves to be taken out of the Virtual Cabin because then more people will accuse you and Illfonic for making empty promises and announcing things and not delivering on said promise. People have mentioned that the game has made more then enough money to get every single backer goal on the original kickstarter and doing the math, it really does show that you've made more then enough money. its a shame over a lawsuit you've decided to pull the plug entirely even after the man himself said I don't care about the video games.look at what F13 Killer Puzzle created they still produced the Never Hike Alone Jason. Sure a unofficial Jason but still counts as making content for there game. On the topic of "Development on games can't just pause indefinitely and pick back up again" I'm very aware that some Developers do in fact pick back up on projects again. Knowing this fanbase and the community this game has built I can garantee you that the Fans will wait. The fans will be patient and be happy to wait till then. Because with the release of the Collectors Edition it makes your company look once again like having "Bad Business" because this game has no more content to produce unless players who buy this special edition get the Tom Savini Jason. This would look like a bigger cash grab because the bundle only includes old content for the game.The Mask included people can just buy online for 30$ and people with Photoshop can copy and make your Poster or people will sell it online for more then what the bundle is worth because people most likely have everything and don't wanna waste money getting these posters. At the End of the day I feel as if you can jump back into work for the game but it seems as if you do not want to because you want to focus more on Project Méliès. but that is my opinion and hopefully you will see this as a way of saying "we can pick this back up" because game devs do that where there is delays,you've made many delays on this game so it wouldn't be your first time. But to make a Collectors Edition of a already dead game which isn't receiving any content,receiving enough money for every backer goal and on top of all that the Virtual Cabin 2.0 says Uber Jason and Grendel coming soon still but then not delivering on your own words.In your words once again "That is Bad Business." Because Customers will call you frauds