wes

Questions About Future Content

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

Uber was included as a teaser model in the Virtual cabin and the hacking to get him into the game was basically replacing Part 8 with a very broken model.

Until May.

Which included The actual Uber Jason and his weapon and kills and stats.

It isn't. It's already in the game, as far as the law is concerned. Their reluctance to unlock uber is based in how Gun wants illfonic to drop everything and go onto a new game because they can't sell 3 of Uber Jason's 6 kills.

And you know this factually how? Serious question, because a lot of people are claiming they know how the law works, and it’s already been confirmed that they’re wrong. 

Theres a lot that can be speculated about, but no one knows. And the majority of everything that’s been coming out has proven to be fake.

12 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Uber was included as a teaser model in the Virtual cabin and the hacking to get him into the game was basically replacing Part 8 with a very broken model.

Until May.

Which included The actual Uber Jason and his weapon and kills and stats.

It isn't. It's already in the game, as far as the law is concerned. Their reluctance to unlock uber is based in how Gun wants illfonic to drop everything and go onto a new game because they can't sell 3 of Uber Jason's 6 kills.

I don’t discredit your posts I actually agree 100% that the model and kill animations seem quite finished..... and was really looking forward to this content!

just relaying the info that Gun has officially said .....that they won’t release it. 

26 minutes ago, JackTV said:

And you know this factually how? Serious question, because a lot of people are claiming they know how the law works, and it’s already been confirmed that they’re wrong. 

Theres a lot that can be speculated about, but no one knows. And the majority of everything that’s been coming out has proven to be fake.

By playing regularly on PC, actually. I only ever do rounds with Quickplay.

Prior to the may update and after the VC update, anyone who used 'Uber Jason" had used a hack to attach the VC skin over another Jason. This was basically Part 8 and had no unique stats or abilities, but had broken hitboxes due to the bad mesh.

After the May "engine" update, anyone using Uber suddenly wasn't using a crummy mesh, they were using the real thing with a real weapon and real new kills.

The June update even added more as someone using Savini Jason had weapon swapped to the Jason X Machete and could use the special kills.

Posted (edited)

You people really believe that the NHA creator was talking about the lawsuit deadline? Really?! If you all don't know he was actually having a Jason model made named Ghost Jason and that was the "deadline" he was refering to! Stop taking every tiny mispoken quote out of context and do a fucking fact check before posting your claim as a true fact. Also would like to point out that unless you are a lawyer and I'm not claiming I am one, would your client in this case Gun actually flat out explain what is going on where in doing so would make their case be thrown out cause they publicly told us. Its a fucking lawsuit they have to stay quiet about it cause the law states they can't not because they are shady, but because talking about would get them in more trouble then they are now. Believe me they would LOVE to just tell us what the hell is really going on but the law saids they can't. Also I have yet to see anyone after this update using Jason X or his weapon/kills and will need video proof of said claims and I would really like to know what game they have started making as well.

Edited by vaporeonlover971

26 minutes ago, vaporeonlover971 said:

You people really believe that the NHA creator was talking about the lawsuit deadline? Really?! If you all don't know he was actually having a Jason model made named Ghost Jason and that was the "deadline" he was refering to! Stop taking every tiny mispoken quote out of context and do a fucking fact check before posting your claim as a true fact. Also would like to point out that unless you are a lawyer and I'm not claiming I am one, would your client in this case Gun actually flat out explain what is going on where in doing so would make their case be thrown out cause they publicly told us. Its a fucking lawsuit they have to stay quiet about it cause the law states they can't not because they are shady, but because talking about would get them in more trouble then they are now. Believe me they would LOVE to just tell us what the hell is really going on but the law saids they can't. Also I have yet to see anyone after this update using Jason X or his weapon/kills and will need video proof of said claims and I would really like to know what game they have started making as well.

Fact. Gun is not involved in the lawsuit. They can talk about whatever they want. That’s not speculation. That’s fact. 

2 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

By playing regularly on PC, actually. I only ever do rounds with Quickplay.

Prior to the may update and after the VC update, anyone who used 'Uber Jason" had used a hack to attach the VC skin over another Jason. This was basically Part 8 and had no unique stats or abilities, but had broken hitboxes due to the bad mesh.

After the May "engine" update, anyone using Uber suddenly wasn't using a crummy mesh, they were using the real thing with a real weapon and real new kills.

The June update even added more as someone using Savini Jason had weapon swapped to the Jason X Machete and could use the special kills.

That’s not what I meant. My bad, I should’ve been more clear. I mean, how do any of us know what is/isn’t clear within the bounds of the law? Several people have stated that they know how the law works without having any credentials in which to back those claims up and, as it were, they really haven’t proven to know much about the lawsuit — and everything involved — at all. 

Gun doesn’t have to be directly involved in the lawsuit for this to happen. As long as they’re creating content for a license that’s currently in dispute, there’s a lot that could adversely affect the outcome of the case if  things are mishandled. I don’t know where people are getting that Gun can do whatever they want, because none of that is true. Handling anything under an IP that doesn’t belong to you is a delicate thing and, if said IP is at the center of a legal dispute, moving forward can be very tricky. And if Gun were to do something that they aren’t legally supposed to do, they’re liable.

Also, there has been a lot of posting regarding the Uber content, where members are claiming they know what released vs. unreleased is in the eyes of the law, how content already in the game (but locked away) is defined by the court and how they would rule on the matter. But I haven’t seen anyone produce credentials that prove that they know what they’re talking about; just a lot of pissed off fans that are talking out their ass. 

4 hours ago, JackTV said:

That’s not what I meant. My bad, I should’ve been more clear. I mean, how do any of us know what is/isn’t clear within the bounds of the law? Several people have stated that they know how the law works without having any credentials in which to back those claims up and, as it were, they really haven’t proven to know much about the lawsuit — and everything involved — at all. 

Gun doesn’t have to be directly involved in the lawsuit for this to happen. As long as they’re creating content for a license that’s currently in dispute, there’s a lot that could adversely affect the outcome of the case if  things are mishandled. I don’t know where people are getting that Gun can do whatever they want, because none of that is true. Handling anything under an IP that doesn’t belong to you is a delicate thing and, if said IP is at the center of a legal dispute, moving forward can be very tricky. And if Gun were to do something that they aren’t legally supposed to do, they’re liable.

Also, there has been a lot of posting regarding the Uber content, where members are claiming they know what released vs. unreleased is in the eyes of the law, how content already in the game (but locked away) is defined by the court and how they would rule on the matter. But I haven’t seen anyone produce credentials that prove that they know what they’re talking about; just a lot of pissed off fans that are talking out their ass. 

Then allow me to explain: the most famous case of a lawsuit for content that was in the game, but not open to the public and had to be hacked to access was the famous "hot coffee" scandal.

http://archive.is/0HTVn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Coffee_mod

Now, after reading that, note that all of this was over content in the game that was NOT accessible to the "normal public". That means the various claims and accusations point that the game should have been rated AO due to said content, even though the content had no possible way to be accessed by the public without them using hacking tools.

As far as the law is concerned, it doesn't matter if the content is ever intended to be released to the public or not, if it's in the game at all, then it's in the game.

As the screenshots I provided showcased, Uber is in the game, his special kills, weapon, stats, all of that are in the game.

The law, as so pointedly illustrated by the devs, is that they cannot add new content, they can only tweek existing content.

The argument here is tat Uber and all that content IS in the game as far as the law is concerned.

Balance patches, bug fixes, those would all qualify and Uber is "bugged".in that he's currently inaccessible by normal means, he doesn't show his face during the select screen, and doesn't have any music.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

wouldnt this be considered new content??? lolDhMbjD_U0AA89zx.jpg

As per their words, if it was made after June 1st... yup x3

Just now, Daneasaur said:

As per their words, if it was made after June 1st... yup x3

well @wes posted on twitter on jul 3rd that gun employees just got them so??

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

well @wes posted on twitter on jul 3rd that gun employees just got them so??

when-you-smell-weed-in-public.jpg

• Haha 1

if they wanted to make some extra money(to pay for those dedicate servers...wink wink) id buy a tumbler. without the gun logo seeing that im not an employee

Sooooo how exactly is F13th Killer Puzzle still adding new (Jasons) content? Not being a prick, just curious.

1 minute ago, notalota said:

Sooooo how exactly is F13th Killer Puzzle still adding new (Jasons) content? Not being a prick, just curious.

Because they programmed Ghost Jason into the code before the cutoff date. Just like Gun did with Uber Jason. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Because they programmed Ghost Jason into the code before the cutoff date. Just like Gun did with Uber Jason. 

Hot Coffee precedent? The topic the devs refuse to even acknowledge exists? pretty much what I was thinking also.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, notalota said:

Hot Coffee precedent? The topic the devs refuse to even acknowledge exists? pretty much what I was thinking also.  

Hit the nail on the head.

Side note, I just saw the incomplete "last version" of the Grendel. Holy smokes is it incomplete, but it's neat to look at. This is FAR from finished and would violate the programming loophole to even try to finish it.

On another note, of placeholder images (I'll need to find the source), showcased that Pre-uber Jason X was designed out, as well as FvJ, and Bag-head AND Hockey mask reboot Jason.

6 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Side note, I just saw the incomplete "last version" of the Grendel. Holy smokes is it incomplete, but it's neat to look at. This is FAR from finished and would violate the programming loophole to even try to finish it.

On another note, of placeholder images (I'll need to find the source), showcased that Pre-uber Jason X was designed out, as well as FvJ, and Bag-head AND Hockey mask reboot Jason.

No fucking way. We could have had the 2009 version???!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

9 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

No fucking way. We could have had the 2009 version???!!!!!

Mmmnnnn, this image you speak of was fake and from awhile ago. The Jason’s were photo shopped Jason from mortal combat. Sorry, this whole thing makes me very annoyed. There were no other confirmed Jason’s other than Uber. No pre-Uber, no FvJ, and definitely not two re-make Jason’s. Not mad at you just the situation, so don’t take this personally.

36 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Mmmnnnn, this image you speak of was fake and from awhile ago. The Jason’s were photo shopped Jason from mortal combat. Sorry, this whole thing makes me very annoyed. There were no other confirmed Jason’s other than Uber. No pre-Uber, no FvJ, and definitely not two re-make Jason’s. Not mad at you just the situation, so don’t take this personally.

I wasn't too sure it was legit, it looked far too much like the MKX jason.

• Like 1

I wish it was legit :( Remake Jason would be OP. Could you imagine a Jason that could run as fast as Vanessa and Chad? He would be unstoppable

5 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I wish it was legit :( Remake Jason would be OP. Could you imagine a Jason that could run as fast as Vanessa and Chad? He would be unstoppable

Destruction, running, and plus traps for sure. Maybe plus shift instead of destruction but still OP as fuck.

Just now, deathbat96777 said:

It would solve the overpowered counselors problem.

It would be my favourite Jason by far. I love destruction and running which is why I like part four. If I had plus traps on him, no one would be safe. 

Had a match yesterday where four Counselor thought they could hide in a little cabin together, since they were the only four left, I had all the time in the world to drop a trap in each window, throw 11 knives into the room using up all the med sprays, and put my last two traps in the door, I was playing part five at the time, so had a few more to work with.