wes

Questions About Future Content

38 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Nooooope.  This is one of the reasons people are so annoyed, because if by some miracle it ended, say, tomorrow, people wonder why the decision is to just quit. And since there doesn't seem like a logical one, it feels like an arbitrary (and selfish) decision that leaves a trail of broken promises. 

Why cant we all just dream?

1 hour ago, captianshiner said:

Seems your take is one a lot of us here share.

• Like 1

This thread needs to be locked there are no more answers from Wes as to why Gun will not add more content only that no Matter what they are unable or unwilling  to....

most of us have come to the conclusion that the licensing has been pull by Sean Cunningham Because of the lawsuit.

What was gifted to them is no longer in their possession, and the only way new content would or could be developed would be to pay for a new licensing agreement from Sean or Victor depending on who will hold the license after the lawsuit.

there is nothing that is going to change what has already been posted by the developers at this time.

this thread is just flaming the community at this point.

We will have to move on from here.

6 hours ago, Lucipher28 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath just yet, Gun has already stated they do not plan to go back to adding content to the game even after the lawsuit is ruled on, we can still hope that should the lawsuit come to a close in the not too distant future that Gun will change its mind and perhaps dedicate a small portion of its resources to adding more to the game, but even so the recent revelations about them knowing about the deadline in advance and not prioritising content over the engine upgrade has severely shaken consumer confidence in their name

5 hours ago, BossDanny said:

I wouldn't hold your breath just yet, Gun has already stated they do not plan to go back to adding content to the game even after the lawsuit is ruled on, we can still hope that should the lawsuit come to a close in the not too distant future that Gun will change its mind and perhaps dedicate a small portion of its resources to adding more to the game, but even so the recent revelations about them knowing about the deadline in advance and not prioritising content over the engine upgrade has severely shaken consumer confidence in their name

This post is very true. Pretty much everyone, feels the same way. No matter what the outcome is...they’re done on content/they give up. Yet the forum members/consumers should just automatically be ok with this? How does that work? 

Unfortunately, YouTube content creators aren’t the most trustworthy of sources. Even small creators make, tag and title their content for views, and F13 has been a very YouTube-friendly game. In fact, F13 gave these smaller creators a jump start, and they’re a one-game channel. If the game dies, their channels are in jeopardy and they know it.

News videos that are sourced straight from Gun or Illfonic are trustworthy, but theory and rumor videos, while well-intended, are no different than us in this forum. It’s all just talk, with no solid facts. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JackTV said:

Unfortunately, YouTube content creators aren’t the most trustworthy of sources. Even small creators make, tag and title their content for views, and F13 has been a very YouTube-friendly game. In fact, F13 gave these smaller creators a jump start, and they’re a one-game channel. If the game dies, their channels are in jeopardy and they know it.

News videos that are sourced straight from Gun or Illfonic are trustworthy, but theory and rumor videos, while well-intended, are no different than us in this forum. It’s all just talk, with no solid facts. 

i agree,it's just like wikipedia.Even though i go there for information,i take it with a grain of salt,i've had to correct them on several things they have gotten wrong about video games that I own.If we get more information,i'd like facts,and not 'well,rumor has it...'

• Thanks 1

This sucks. Anyone who delved into the F13 name has either tarnished or just screwed it up in long run. 13 not so lucky after all. 

They should release a list of all the stuff they weren't able to finish 

On 6/21/2018 at 2:53 PM, wes said:

Hey Campers,

Sorry for the silence as of recent. It’s been a tough couple weeks, as I’m sure you’re aware. But I wanted to address a few questions that I’ve had sent to me personally, as well as questions we’ve received through the official F13 channels. These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. “Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?” The answer is no. 

Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business. I’ve also had questions about adding “non-F13” related content to the game. “Can’t you make a new level or a new counselor that has nothing to do with the films?” We can’t do that either. We can’t add any content, whatsoever. Nada. Not even a new tree or rock. We can only focus on console dedicated servers, bug fixes, and maintenance.     

I know this isn’t the news you wanted to hear and I wish the situation were different. But it’s the painful truth. I appreciate your passion and look forward to seeing everyone around camp. 

-W

Since there will be no more content will you guys support modders that can hopefully create new Jasons, counsellor skins and maps to help keep the game alive?

I fear without a good modding community this game will die.

I'd say probably no, to the modding, just because its based on a property, and most rights holders worry about about what could and would be seen within a product with the name on it, and not having really any control over it. 

And it would probably fall under new content, if they can't add rocks, they probably can't support mods.

Oh, we want this thread locked? Simple enough.

eo1ZHFc.png

They aren't giving us Uber Jason due to the fact that they wanted to sell us three kills as DLC and are now unable to, so they are just giving us the finger and running off, using the lawsuit as an excuse.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Oh, we want this thread locked? Simple enough.

eo1ZHFc.png

They aren't giving us Uber Jason due to the fact that they wanted to sell us three kills as DLC and are now unable to, so they are just giving us the finger and running off, using the lawsuit as an excuse.

There is not one single thing “wrong” or “unfinished” with those kills or Uber Jason. Bullshit excuse. Add any music they want to it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2moar said:

I'd say probably no, to the modding, just because its based on a property, and most rights holders worry about about what could and would be seen within a product with the name on it, and not having really any control over it. 

And it would probably fall under new content, if they can't add rocks, they probably can't support mods.

Ronnie has pretty much confirmed this in the past.

10 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

There is not one single thing “wrong” or “unfinished” with those kills or Uber Jason. Bullshit excuse. Add any music they want to it. 

Which is why all topics are locked when it's brought up.

I'll repost this:

Everything is said.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:52 PM, Daneasaur said:

-"Music"
part 9 didn't have music for a while, he was like permanent Stalk, and then he just re-used part 3's. Not that it matters since multiplayer will be dead soon.
-"Music for the kills"
this is true and again, doesn't necessarily matter if you're playing by yourself, especially in a "this or nothing" manner.
-"Sfx for kills"
the June 8th patch added gore sounds to the kills that didn't have them in the May update. The counselors already have pre-recorded linesfor the kills, but even at that, they still work without the same 2 grunts.
-"anims need polish"
excuse me while I laugh at the idea of anything being "polished' in this game.
-"UI/HUD"
His select screen is missing his face. On the field, he has all the normal Jason HUD layout including the icons for his kills.
-"3 weeks of testing"
Hackers on PC had him since May 29th and the entire month of June. The results are "we want him and we want his weapon and his weapon kills".
ln7L9gd.png

42 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I'll repost this:

Literally, it’s just sounds. Fucking sounds. They can EASILY unlock him and add existing sounds. It’s just a poor excuse. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuciusTheKiller said:

Add uber add grebdel just fricken release him already 

We all wish that was the case however the developers have said the Uber model and map were not finished by the cut off of new content so they won’t or can’t release that content into the game.

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

We all wish that was the case however the developers have said the Uber model and map were not finished by the cut off of new content so they won’t or can’t release that content into the game.

The map is highly unfinished. However, Uber was finished in the May update (note the UI):

XRkpTQa.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

The map is highly unfinished. However, Uber was finished in the May update (note the UI):

XRkpTQa.png

Uber was finished MONTHS ago. There’s no reason to not unlock him. 

As long as it’s illegal to do so, they won’t. And it is, so that’s the end of that. 

8 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Uber was finished MONTHS ago. There’s no reason to not unlock him. 

Uber was included as a teaser model in the Virtual cabin and the hacking to get him into the game was basically replacing Part 8 with a very broken model.

Until May.

Which included The actual Uber Jason and his weapon and kills and stats.

3 minutes ago, JackTV said:

As long as it’s illegal to do so, they won’t. And it is, so that’s the end of that. 

It isn't. It's already in the game, as far as the law is concerned. Their reluctance to unlock uber is based in how Gun wants illfonic to drop everything and go onto a new game because they can't sell 3 of Uber Jason's 6 kills.