wes

Questions About Future Content

10 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The lawsuit is over in Oct so that's 3 months left people.....

Why exactly does it matter? Gun Media said they don't care when the lawsuit is settled......... They are done. Finished. Faneto. Quit. Over. Concluded. No More. Packing up. Washing their hands of it.

• Like 1

What we need is for Wes/ Gun to engage the community in an open discussion about what is going on and If they are still sticking to their knee jerk reaction about quitting it.  Since they said they were discontinuing working on the game there has been the victor miller email saying they can continue.  They should just take a little break, spend time with the fam and once the dust settles get right back on the horse.  They could probably collect unemployment for the time being.  What they need is positive encouragement to not give up so quickly and ask the judge and everyone involved permission to continue their masterpiece.  

24 minutes ago, Stabrats said:

What we need is for Wes/ Gun to engage the community in an open discussion about what is going on and If they are still sticking to their knee jerk reaction about quitting it.  Since they said they were discontinuing working on the game there has been the victor miller email saying they can continue.  They should just take a little break, spend time with the fam and once the dust settles get right back on the horse.  They could probably collect unemployment for the time being.  What they need is positive encouragement to not give up so quickly and ask the judge and everyone involved permission to continue their masterpiece.  

I fucking wish..... sorry about the language.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I fucking wish..... sorry about the language.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

The language is welcome! 

Thanks for the welcome!  

I love this game and want to make sure we all bind together to try and keep it rolling along!  This is one of  the coolest games ever made and it's going to really suck if it fizzles away! 

6 hours ago, Stabrats said:

I love this game and want to make sure we all bind together to try and keep it rolling along!  This is one of  the coolest games ever made and it's going to really suck if it fizzles away! 

You said it brother. 

12 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The lawsuit is over in Oct so that's 3 months left people.....

Are you sure you're not getting this October date confused with when the judge was given the case and asked to make a judgment? I think they've been waiting since October 2017 for him to rule, not that it will be over this coming October.

11 hours ago, Stabrats said:

They already quit. There are conspiracy theories all over regarding how we came to this. Can believe what want to believe, but at end of the day its over.

Let me type this ssssllllllooooooowwww since some people can't read too fast without getting confused.

There will be NO NEW CONTENT. No as in ZERO. That is the number before ONE. It means NONE, NIL, ZILTCH, NADA! It does not matter if the lawsuit is settled TODAY! Gun has already decided and has said, NO NEW CONTENT. Are you guys riding the short bus to school? Do you need this explained by a therapist? Illfonic, the company that CAN'T code, will only be working on FIXES not CONTENT. Sure hope this clears up that this thread is all for NAUGHT (which also means ZERO, NOTHING).

NO ONE wants it to be true, but it is......so can we now close this case? @JPops or @Kodiak??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kepps-66 said:

Let me type this ssssllllllooooooowwww since some people can't read too fast without getting confused.

There will be NO NEW CONTENT. No as in ZERO. That is the number before ONE. It means NONE, NIL, ZILTCH, NADA! It does not matter if the lawsuit is settled TODAY! Gun has already decided and has said, NO NEW CONTENT. Are you guys riding the short bus to school? Do you need this explained by a therapist? Illfonic, the company that CAN'T code, will only be working on FIXES not CONTENT. Sure hope this clears up that this thread is all for NAUGHT (which also means ZERO, NOTHING).

NO ONE wants it to be true, but it is......so can we now close this case? @JPops or @Kodiak??

Yeah. Lot of dumbasses on this forum or reddit/facebook etc. It's like talking to a wall. 

• Haha 1

Content or not, I think it's more about giving the game a secure future. That is what's important right now. The lawsuit needs to come to a resolution in order for this game to have any kind future, period. The servers can go offline tomorrow for all we know and any negotiating deals regarding the license of the game is all thrown out of the window because no company is allowed to touch this for the time being.

really, what future, let's be honest here, They are already talking about money, and if you were to check out the game and see the history, can you say at this point seeing everything for what it is, that you'd buy this game right now? I can say my group i play with would knot, at all. and that includes a a backer who bought the game and dlc twice, then bought the game for 2 more people. 

The only way they are going to make money on this game is people who pick it up on sale and f13, and have no clue about gun or ill.

17 minutes ago, 2moar said:

really, what future, let's be honest here, They are already talking about money, and if you were to check out the game and see the history, can you say at this point seeing everything for what it is, that you'd buy this game right now? I can say my group i play with would knot, at all. and that includes a a backer who bought the game and dlc twice, then bought the game for 2 more people. 

The only way they are going to make money on this game is people who pick it up on sale and f13, and have no clue about gun or ill.

Yep. I've played 3 matched in two weeks. And I was as big of a diehard as there was. It's just in a bad state. I've been playing a lot of DBD lately. At it's best working state, F13 gives you more highs than DBD, but you'll never get as big of low moments either. I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs at all.

Its a shame we don't have a finished working product a year plus into this game's existence.

I don't get why they cant just work on fixes for a few months and resume content?  If they'd communicate with the community, they'd keep players.  But, it seems like they're doing everything they can to degrade the playerbase so that in three months they can go "there's no point in making new content when there's barely anyone playing".  So that's why it seems like they don't give a shit anymore.  I feel like most of us on here could do a better job of maintaining the player base than the people who made the fucking game.  Like, send out something special to backers (I'm not one btw), bust your ass on bug fixes, have lawyers contact miller/Cunningham to talk about the future of their game (which either of them should love the game because its an added revenue to their pockets..). They just have no fight in them for the game anymore and it's really sad for us players.  We feel like the person that just got dumped. 

When Lord?! Whens gon be my time?!

9 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Its a shame we don't have a finished working product a year plus into this game's existence.

1 hour ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

I just don't get why they cant just work on fixes for a few months and resume content?  If they'd communicate with the community, they'd keep players.  But, it seems like they're doing everything they can do degrade the playerbase so that in three months they can go "there's no point in making new content when there's barely anyone playing".  So that's why it seems like they don't give a shit anymore.  I feel like most of us on here could do a better job of maintaining the player base than the people who made the fucking game.  Like, send out something special to backers (I'm not one btw), bust your ass on bug fixes, have lawyers contact miller/Cunningham to talk about the future of their game (which either of them should love the game because its an added revenue to their pockets..). They just have no fight in them for the game anymore and it's really sad for us players.  We feel like the person that just got dumped. 

So true. It’s like they’ve given up on their game way before their community has.

Holy shit. Never Hike Alone creator just confirmed that Gun knew about this deadline all along, or at least MONTHS ago. So, the “conspiracy” was true. 

6 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

This type of behavior is why they will stick to their guns and completely quit.  When someone's dying you smack em in the face and say, don't leave us Jason,  stay with us buddy, pull through.  We're just trying with all we got to snap them out of it.  And they can.  Brainstorming on ways to keep their project alive is the only way to persevere.  If it's money they need to stay afloat we as a community can open our wallets and help.  If they can reach out to the parties in the case and ask for permission to continue, I highly doubt anyone involve will tell them no.  The judge could allow for continuity.  They just need to be persistent and a little more aggressive, Rocky Balboa style.  Pull through for us Gun/ ILL!!

50 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Holy shit. Never Hike Alone creator just confirmed that Gun knew about this deadline all along, or at least MONTHS ago. So, the “conspiracy” was true. 

Where did  you see this?  

And if Gun/Ill wants to sell the rights to the game, I'll buy it and continue making it.  Make me an offer Wes

Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

Thanks and oh boy!  I've been consistently on their site feeling bad for them and not thinking they were very shady( or not wanting to believe it)  but is seems like they are kind of a shady company...  I don't want to think negatively about them at all and still have some hope left but man, they do seem to bullshit us a bunch.  Stupid engine upgrade.  It really didn't make anything any better.  

1 minute ago, Stabrats said:

Thanks and oh boy!  I've been consistently on their site feeling bad for them and not thinking they were very shady( or not wanting to believe it)  but is seems like they are kind of a shady company...  I don't want to think negatively about them at all and still have some hope left but man, they do seem to bullshit us a bunch.  Stupid engine upgrade.  It really didn't make anything any better.  

And it all turns out to be bullshit. Killer Puzzle confirmed the cutoff date was actually January. Not June. Coincidentally, Gun announced in January that they wouldn’t be working on any new content because of this engine upgrade. That would take 3+ months to complete. Then, right after the engine upgrade, they claim they just found out about the content deadline. But now we get confirmation that they knew MONTHS ago. Why would their deadline be different than the other game? It wouldn’t be. 

@Kodiak Could you please ask @Stabrats not to break the rules by posting back to back? He should have to follow the rules too. Sorry to call on you but rules are rules.

19 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Why exactly does it matter? Gun Media said they don't care when the lawsuit is settled......... They are done. Finished. Faneto. Quit. Over. Concluded. No More. Packing up. Washing their hands of it.

That's if the lawsuit takes aaaalot longer not sooner.

5 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

No, it doesn't. Did you miss where they said it doesn't matter when it ends, they are done? Cause it's only been stated multiple times now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Nooooope.  This is one of the reasons people are so annoyed, because if by some miracle it ended, say, tomorrow, people wonder why the decision is to just quit. And since there doesn't seem like a logical one, it feels like an arbitrary (and selfish) decision that leaves a trail of broken promises. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, captianshiner said:

I don't trust your link.  post ur view on the topic here.  

• Like 1