wes

Questions About Future Content

1 hour ago, JackTV said:

What’s that matter though? Finished or unfinished, it’s content that hasn’t been given an official release, making him “new content”. And, since there will never be content released ever again, it’s over. People are trying to use semantics on them by saying he’s already in the game, so they don’t define that content as “new”. But their definition of new is not THE definition of new, so the debate ends there.

I think if that Vic email holds any water the argument will change again because of the perceived 'legal no-no' status which at the end of the day boils down to that Gun simply don't want to regardless.

The email is meaningless, doesn't matter if it holds water or floats. Victor isn't the courts, and time will tell what happens after the case is resolved. 

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The email is meaningless, doesn't matter if it holds water or floats. Victor isn't the courts, and time will tell what happens after the case is resolved. 

What I meant was that people will cite that e-mail as proof positive of Gun's stubbornness irrespective if any type of legal issue actually exists or not for Gun. It's just more fodder.

19 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

What I meant was that people will cite that e-mail as proof positive of Gun's stubbornness irrespective if any type of legal issue actually exists or not for Gun. It's just more fodder.

Ah, yes that it is. Still glad I commented because otherwise others might make the same assumption as me, that you were using it as fodder, you're right though it will be. 

On 6/25/2018 at 8:30 AM, Grape said:

Sorry, but I don’t buy this response (no pun intended). Many games today are shipped “unfinished”; day one patches, season passes, pay-to-win microtransactions or the “promise” of free future content.

E3 just showed off Division 2 and Fallout 76 - both fit the description of “unfinished”, minus pay-to-win.

Just my opinion but if the majority of gamers held to this standard, then a bunch of games would never be purchased.

F13th was advertised just like many others before and after it.

Huh?  I still play with my Atari 2600.  I am not a gamer.  I know nothing about modern games.  I am still stuck in 1979.  CAN one buy the game at Target today and play it 25 years from now as you can with the Atari 2600?

Best case scenario, I think...

Court sorts everything out and then GUN (if interested and able to make a new deal, of course) takes everything they've learned on this game and the framework of what they've accomplished with it and builds on it in a brand new sequel.

Addressing a lot of the issues people had this time out, with dedicated servers right off the bat, single player stuff, as well as adding new content (Jason X ship, Part 8 cruise ship, etc.)

I don't know how likely that would be, of course, but it's a faint glimmer of hope. 😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesReviews said:

Best case scenario, I think...

Court sorts everything out and then GUN (if interested and able to make a new deal, of course) takes everything they've learned on this game and the framework of what they've accomplished with it and builds on it in a brand new sequel.

Addressing a lot of the issues people had this time out, with dedicated servers right off the bat, single player stuff, as well as adding new content (Jason X ship, Part 8 cruise ship, etc.)

I don't know how likely that would be, of course, but it's a faint glimmer of hope. 😕

Not very likely, I'm sure. You just need more vodka.

• Haha 1

There simply will not be ANY future content at all.

@Kodiak Can this thread not be locked? Wes has already laid it to rest, ZERO CONTENT moving forward. Only patches and hot fixes.

2 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

There simply will not be ANY future content at all.

@Kodiak Can this thread not be locked? Wes has already laid it to rest, ZERO CONTENT moving forward. Only patches and hot fixes.

Was thinking the same.

Does patching the game to take advantage of ps4 pro and xbox one x count as new content?

On 6/21/2018 at 11:36 AM, AldermachXI said:

Just because it's not receiving any NEW content doesn't mean it's DEAD...Jeeze. Kids today...

As long as people are playing it, it's not dead. And as long as they fix the problems in the game, people will continue to play it - albeit much more casually.

If they want to extent the life cycle of the game, they should make it cheap (at least 50% of what it is now) and hope to make more sales - which is possible if the game isn't a buggy mess.

More maps/Jasons/Counselors aren't necessary to enjoy the experience the game has to offer when it's working right.

When the player base is > 500 and no new content being added to drive up numbers having a polished game no one else plays still translates to a dead game as those numbers will really average out to staying the same or dropping.

Probably the latter with all the bad press surrounding the game about how this was handled.Speaking of bad press the general well established opinion is that this game is a buggy mess. Hard to erase that stigma even if you're practically giving it away or have fixed it. Whats the old addage? "Once bitten twice shy?"

I know this game is amazing because I've been here since the beginning, maybe not on the forums, but kickstarter, the beta  and day 1 release but a brand new player wont know any of the wonderful things or treasures this game has squirreled away. They will probably google it, see bad reviews/no new content being added or anyone of the news articles screaming dead game and pass...

While one or two of the hardcoriest hardcore players will be stalwart in their conviction that the game isn't dead, just saying something and repeating it often doesn't make it so. I'm not saying this to be mean as I also would like to adopt the ostrich with his head in the sand stance for something I love so deeply and profoundly but I just can't. I admire your tenacity though.

My main drive after the death of new content was to figure out who killed the dream we as a community/devs built and now that I know i have no more fight left in me... better to wade into the quiet of the stream and drift away. Nothing will change no matter what happens so it's better to just enjoy the game while we have it.

What I don’t understand is there is still brand new officially licensed merchandise coming out later this year from various different companies. Things are still being licensed. How is this happening???

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

What I don’t understand is there is still brand new officially licensed merchandise coming out later this year from various different companies. Things are still being licensed. How is this happening???

Perhaps they’re not now.

Even if it’s true that we’re being bamboozled, it honestly doesn’t make any difference. There’s lots of unanswered questions, but I think I’m starting to lose interest in the mystery. 

If fans are being lied to, it’s done them no good as their name is all over this. And if they’re telling the truth 100%, it won’t matter anyway. 

I would like to know if there was awareness, especially during the Kickstarter Campaign, that this project could be killed at any time because of the lawsuit.  If this is the case, why wasn't any info divulged to backers?  I think that is a fair enough question.

5 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Even Larry couldn't nail down what changed between May and June.

11 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Whatever it was, it’s reasonable to believe it happened between April and the engine upgrade release in May.

When they announced the engine update wouldn’t make an April release, they claimed it’s because, “It wasn’t ready,” assuming that bugs still needed to be worked out.

But it releases a month later, still buggy as hell. If it’s not ready in April because of bugs, it wouldn’t have released in May containing the game-breakers it has now; they’d have waited until the critical stuff was worked out.

This suggests to me that something happened between their April “update isn’t ready” announcement, and their release announcement May 24th. 

I'm sorry, but it just seems like GUN is giving up too easily. Miller said the game could go forward no matter the decision. So it is not a question on if they may or may not be able to release the content, but rather that the content can be released in the future, it is only a matter of when it could be released.

Jason never dies and gives up, and neither should GUN.

1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

I personally know of one that just got licensing this week to release later this year. It makes no sense. Unless this was always the deal....

Just now, ShaunAburame said:

I'm sorry, but it just seems like GUN is giving up too easily. Miller said the game could go forward no matter the decision. So it is not a question on if they may or may not be able to release the content, but rather that the content can be released in the future, it is only a matter of when it could be released.

Jason never dies and gives up, and neither should GUN.

Victor's statement has no bearings on the future of the game. Point is, GUN is bowing out. That's all there is to it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I don't understand it either.  I've looked for answers but nobody has any.

3 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I don't understand it either.  I've looked for answers but nobody has any.

Because they were licensed before the date. Toys are not the same thing as a video game, t.v. show, or movie. 

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Because they were licensed before the date. Toys are not the same thing as a video game, t.v. show, or movie. 

I don't understand how toys are different.  They are still using the characters and the title "Friday the 13th".  But it's not just toys.  There are documentaries, fan movies, books, t-shirts, and more scheduled for release in the near future.

But you could be 100% right.  Maybe all of this merchandise was licensed before the cut off date.  I just haven't seen anyone say so.