wes

Questions About Future Content

4 hours ago, SpraykwoN said:

I tweeted to Wes and never got a reply, so I will just leave my .2 here

I also have tweeted @wes and @ShiftySamurai numerous times without replies. But I am sure people are totally blowing their Twitter accounts out the water. Some bug reports I have had to tag them in multiple times to get an answer on.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:44 PM, Armani? said:

@wes

I'm sorry, but if the ruling is soon and somehow goes well, there is no reason to not release Uber Jason. You say his model is not finished, but he's already in the game files, meaning he's damn near finished.

You will likely struggle to receive funding or support for your next project if you leave this game in a bad spot. Uber Jason and its map was the #1 thing people looked forward to seeing in the game. Dedicated Servers are very important, but its importance will turn mute with no additional content to keep the player base up. Uber Jason would have been the biggest inclusion for this game for new content, and would have brought lots of hype.

Please reconsider your decision if the ruling happens soon. Uber Jason is how you end this game if you really have to.

100% with this. If the court favors Sean and Horror Inc earlier than expected and they are able to retain everything, how difficult would it be for them and Gun Media to renegotiate things?  

And I don't see why it can't hurt to at least to work on a sequel or unique edition of this game. This gives them a chance include some possible content that was left out or couldn't make it. Examples:(Grendel, Paranoia, Uber Jason, Pamela, Alice, Tina, Reggie, Grendel, Shepard House, Forest Green, Manhattan, etc.)  It doesn't make sense to me that they would bail like this from their only successful title that pretty much made a name for their company. For whatever reason, they must be really confident that their next project(assuming it's not F13 related) will shine in sales or that they will be able to maintain a steady income to support the servers for a long time. If they don't, I fear this game may be reaching the end of the line pretty soon, unfortunately.

So, in the post saying that this will be the end of all content...GUN said that "until the claim rights can be dismissed or resolved, no new content can be released"

so I was just wondering if that meant there will be no content ever again or that until the lawsuit is over there will be no content...it's just I feel like I live and breath this game and I even helped back it 3 years ago and I feel like I honestly wouldn't be able to live without this game! so GUN...Illfonic or anyone, don't give up on this game PLEASE!!! I NEED uber Jason I NEED th Grendel map and I NEED content...jk but seriously tho! XD

• Haha 1

Wes said they won't go back to work on making content. So even if the lawsuit ends in their favor they will be done with the game.

Posted (edited)

@MISS VANJIE, I am moving your post to the conversation that answers your question. Please standby.

Edit: Here we are.

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime

So... Monday (back to work day) is pretty much over, and still no reply. I always give the benefit of the doubt on weekends. 

What if they put Uber Jason in the game since he is supposedly finished but without Grendel? Would that be a fair compromise as the last official update for the game if it were ever a possibility?

1 hour ago, Mickj6 said:

LOL! You just joined the forums to just say that? You could of just said that on one of the game's social media platforms.

43 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

What if they put Uber Jason in the game since he is supposedly finished but without Grendel? Would that be a fair compromise as the last official update for the game if it were ever a possibility?

Probably will never happen! Wes just stated on his Twitter that Uber Jason was not finished and he listed on what still needed to be done with his model. So it is safe to say that this game will never be getting anything added to it at all in the future.

What's next?

This is what I would like to know. What are the plans for the future, what's next after F13?

5 minutes ago, BigJay said:

LOL! You just joined the forums to just say that? You could of just said that on one of the game's social media platforms.

Probably will never happen! Wes just stated on his Twitter that Uber Jason was not finished and he listed on what still needed to be done with his model. So it is safe to say that this game will never be getting anything added to it at all in the future.

On the same Twitter thread, Wes also predicts the lawsuit will take "years", which actually sounds more realistic, given the nature of appeals (whoever loses will definitely immediately appeal). 

51 minutes ago, BigJay said:

But he is finished. We’ve all seen it. Makes no sense. 

7 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

But he is finished. We’ve all seen it. Makes no sense. 

Reading Wes' tweet, Uber sounds playable but in need of heavy polish. The most he mentions are audio engineering issues but those could be borrowed from other Jasons and people probably wouldn't care. A character with new stats would be fine by me really. Not the best, but better than nothing. Meh.

I'm getting tired of the excuse of mortgages and families, though. That's understandable but IllFonic don't posses the only skills in the entire world to be able to develop the game. It baffles me why they couldn't bring in a new team. Or is it that they don't want to? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Sure will be interesting to see how Project Melies fares when it gets more coverage and release.

I just read Wes' tweet saying he believes this lawsuit will go on for years! He doesn't expect it ending anytime soon. Now at least it makes more sense as to why they aren't planning to add new content. I don't know anything about lawsuits but the fact that this could drag on for years is beyond ridiculous to me since it's already been two years already. Only Victor Miller or Sean can put an end to this tomorrow but it looks like the old green eyed monster called greed is going to destroy this game!

some interesting info on his twitter, some of it I'm not sure is fully truthful, but thats all i'll say. but there is more info there an this topic, which is sad.

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Reading Wes' tweet, Uber sounds playable but in need of heavy polish. The most he mentions are audio engineering issues but those could be borrowed from other Jasons and people probably wouldn't care. A character with new stats would be fine by me really. Not the best, but better than nothing. Meh.

I'm getting tired of the excuse of mortgages and families, though. That's understandable but IllFonic don't posses the only skills in the entire world to be able to develop the game. It baffles me why they couldn't bring in a new team. Or is it that they don't want to? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Sure will be interesting to see how Project Melies fares when it gets more coverage and release.

You don't even need to read up on it, I've got video proof of it. 

He lacks music (Part 9 had this issue and it isn't a problem if we get stuck with the single player content since all Jasons play the same music for the Jason users). He has Six kills, a few of which lack music and a couple lack sound altogether, but they function. All his functions are in play and his strengths and weaknesses are also set up and he even has a selection screen displaying his stats.

But yes, I'm getting tired of excuses and coverups.

I honestly wonder how much of the reluctance to release Uber is tied to the fact that they clearly planned to sell 3 of the kills as DLC.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Unfortunately, it takes more than just wishing a new team into the project. But it doesn’t matter who is making it. The situation is the same, regardless of who is on development duties. 

As for Project Méliès, if you’ve played either Layers of Fear or Observer, and enjoyed them, you’re in good shape. Bloober Team is really good at the psychological horror stuff. 

5 hours ago, JackTV said:

Unfortunately, it takes more than just wishing a new team into the project. But it doesn’t matter who is making it. The situation is the same, regardless of who is on development duties. 

As for Project Méliès, if you’ve played either Layers of Fear or Observer, and enjoyed them, you’re in good shape. Bloober Team is really good at the psychological horror stuff. 

I do realize that the matter isn't just waving a wand at the problem and boom magically all of the problems are solved. I still hold it in some regard that they're letting a gold mine not pay out its full potential by abandoning the game entirely without much pause. I'm just saying that IllFonic doesn't magically hold all of the keys, but yeah, there's a lot more red tape there than simply meets the eye.

As for PM, I haven't played Layers of Fear, but I own it, so I'll check it out eventually. I knew Bloober was primarily in charge of development, but I was just moreso curious to see how much of that tainted reputation will be dragged into it by virtue of having Gun's name alone attached to the game.

On 6/24/2018 at 7:17 PM, jameson87 said:

Lol wow, I forgot about him trying to remain relevant in the 90's early 00's. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Now to wipe that out with some Pantera.

Hey now, "Everyday" was one of my jams in Madden 2003 lol 

21 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Hey now, "Everyday" was one of my jams in Madden 2003 lol 

It has been forever since I played that one. Memory lane can be so cruel, and so sweet lol.

There's literally videos of Uber's kills online. He can't be that unfinished. 

3 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

He isn't. He works fine, his stats are fine, his trademark abilities work fine, his weapon kills work fine, he just doesn't have music and his face apparently doesn't show up in the character select screen where you assign weapons and kills.

I don't think folks will be upset if he was released in those conditions since Part 9 had no music assigned to him for a while (due to a glitch).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

What’s that matter though? Finished or unfinished, it’s content that hasn’t been given an official release, making him “new content”. And, since there will never be content released ever again, it’s over. People are trying to use semantics on them by saying he’s already in the game, so they don’t define that content as “new”. But their definition of new is not THE definition of new, so the debate ends there.