wes

Questions About Future Content

3 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

Ask @wes or @ShiftySamurai to come in here and confirm it. They are reading these. They see the tags. Nothing has changed with the lawsuit or deadline. 

So what you're saying is you have no sources and you're full of shit? Cool, thanks for clarifying.

5 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

The turtle of my brother once took a shit all over my N64 with Hexen: Beyond Heretic. The N64 is my favorite console and Hexen is one of my favorite games of that console. Yeah.

Did you brother's turtle have it in for you?

the way Wes seems to put it : one can only assume they no longer hold the license to add new content...from the original series or the New line films....

( this could have been recently told to them since the lawsuit did not come to a close yet. We may never know the specifics.)

especially since they are only able to work on bug fixes and maintenance on the game for the “hopefully long” foreseeable future.....since even if the lawsuit is resolved they will not be willing to or unable to add or finish new content.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

the way Wes seems to put it : one can only assume they no longer hold the license to add new content...from the original series or the New line films....

( this could have been recently told to them since the lawsuit did not come to a close yet. We may never know the specifics.)

especially since they are only able to work on bug fixes and maintenance on the game for the “hopefully long” foreseeable future.....since even if the lawsuit is resolved they will not be willing to or unable to add or finish new content.

Yes ! Exactly..Why don't people get this. Way to many threads with they can add new content after the lawsuit is settled. It's painful to see so many of these ! It's over !  The only thing for the future would be if after the lawsuit ends a different company purchases the rights and reworks the game. Just like these movie companies will do after this is settled which who knows when that will be.

Maybe once the lawsuit is over and the dust is settled this game can be sold to a more solid publisher/studio? Let a more talented team pick up where Gun and Illfonic left off. 

• Thanks 1

What I don't get is all the people that think the game was a quick cash grab. If that was so why wouldn't they at least throw out a few more kill packs and clothing packs to maximize the cash grab scam? Probably because it wasn't a cash grab and they got told to stop quite suddenly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Not just them but the makers of the Friday the 13th puzzle game are affected by it too. They can't create any new content. This may just be the case that Sean C himself pulled it and they can't talk about it but that like everything other "conspiracy theory" is just that. Speculation.

19 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Not just them but the makers of the Friday the 13th puzzle game are affected by it too. They can't create any new content. This may just be the case that Sean C himself pulled it and they can't talk about it but that like everything other "conspiracy theory" is just that. Speculation.

Blue Wizard isn't particularly hard up because that game is more or less a clone of their earlier game Slayaway Camp. Gun themselves don't really have anything else to fall back on so sucks for them, I guess.

7 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

The turtle of my brother once took a shit all over my N64 with Hexen: Beyond Heretic. The N64 is my favorite console and Hexen is one of my favorite games of that console. Yeah.

So did you become The Shredder then? tonight_i_dine_on_turtle_soup_by_wrecko.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

So did you become The Shredder then? tonight_i_dine_on_turtle_soup_by_wrecko.

How is turtle soup anyway? I've always wondered.

a lot of good things have died this week.

we lost a lot.

all we can do is move on.

i disagreed with a lot of things the devs have done over the past few months (especially the singleplayer challenges patch) so they atleast fucked me over enough to make me not sad over the end of this.

for anyone who held this game dear to em tho, i understand yall. its sad but what can you do. maybe well see a better f13 game in the future (not from these devs though)

7 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

How is turtle soup anyway? I've always wondered.

As have I. 

I cannot believe that people here are still accusing illfonic and gun media of malicious intent after reading Wes' heartfelt post on the topic. You're all fools who understand nothing about game development. It sickens me to see you treat Wes like a grifter just because you're too stubborn to accept reality

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

My concern is for those of us who only enjoy playing as a counselor. Once the servers are gone we're left with nothing. We can't even dress bots in the clothing DLC that we paid for. I knew from the beginning that they should have invested in a passable Jason AI because this day was bound to come.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lurdiak said:

I cannot believe that people here are still accusing illfonic and gun media of malicious intent after reading Wes' heartfelt post on the topic. You're all fools who understand nothing about game development. It sickens me to see you treat Wes like a grifter just because you're too stubborn to accept reality

"Heartfelt"

It sickens me to see you defend so hard. Many have accepted reality. The problem is the state of current game, the future of the game,  and what could have been if it was handled/developed better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Lurdiak said:

Yes, we're the fools who need to accept reality. Lol whatever helps you sleep at night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Tommy said:

"Heartfelt"

It sickens me to see you defend so hard. Many have accepted reality. The problem is the state of current game, the future of the game,  and what could have been if it was handled/developed better. 

I think the saddest members of this community are those who let this news effect them in any way emotionally. I have had fun placing this game, but I don't have to strong feelings about the developer one way of the other. If this game ends, no big deal, just move on to the next one. 

People just complain to much in general. You'd think Friday the 13th game losing out on content is the biggest issue in the world.  

• Haha 1

Look on the bright side,even when the online portion will die in a few years,we will still have the single player challenges and offline bots forever.

36 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I think the saddest members of this community are those who let this news effect them in any way emotionally. I have had fun placing this game, but I don't have to strong feelings about the developer one way of the other. If this game ends, no big deal, just move on to the next one. 

People just complain to much in general. You'd think Friday the 13th game losing out on content is the biggest issue in the world.  

People are upset because they're actual fans who love and care about the series.

First the new movie was cancelled, now the official game is basically dead.

It is a big deal. 

The series is in a limbo that it may not come out of for years.

This was the best thing to happen to the series in a long time, and now it's on life support.

Us fans have every right to be emotional

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Mawlock I'd go one further to those who wanted something more meaningful than Jason cameos in games or were not as impressed with the reboot.

Sad.  Oh well, at least I can pretend the Trapper from Dead by Daylight is Jason.  At least I still have that going for me.  Damn shame.  

Though there is a small chance that once this lawsuit is settled and the dust has hit the floor....they can announce "Friday the 13th:  The Game, Part 2"

38 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

People are upset because they're actual fans who love and care about the series.

First the new movie was cancelled, now the official game is basically dead.

It is a big deal. 

The series is in a limbo that it may not come out of for years.

This was the best thing to happen to the series in a long time, and now it's on life support.

Us fans have every right to be emotional

You can feel however you want. I’m a huge fan too, but at the end of the day we have very little say on the direction of the game or franchise. Also if the franchise or games die, there is a huge library of Friday the 13th toys, comics, and media already out there. There is than a life time worth on content out there pertaining to the slasher genre. Like I said, I find it silly people get worked up over a single video game. There are infinite other things that will occupy your time.

Wait @wes why is it not possible to have the team work on said content and have them saved/stored somewhere on a computer file or server and then release said developers and wait out the lawsuit to release the said DLC??? 

In easy terms.....why not have them complete the said DLC content and have them stored, pay them for their work and then wait out the lawsuit until its settled and upload the DLC content its both easy and the people can work on other projects/be with their families as the content is already done?! It's perfect because now their hard work won't be for nothing!

4 hours ago, Lurdiak said:

Oh God, f**king spare me.

You act like him and his cohorts haven't pulled that same trick before.

F**k up the game with a dumb patch or get caught up in some PR snafu that they get flamed for, then one of them comes out with a "this is our dream, how could you even suggest we'd mean wrong?!", and then the apologists/enablers like you come out and shun the people that were (rightly) handing them their ass on a platter and holding them accountable for thier mistakes.

Its the same damn cycle everytime, except this time, there's less apologists/enablers as even the most stanchest supporters of the devs can't find it in them to defend this dumpster fire of a company anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2