wes

Questions About Future Content

Hey Campers,

Sorry for the silence as of recent. It’s been a tough couple weeks, as I’m sure you’re aware. But I wanted to address a few questions that I’ve had sent to me personally, as well as questions we’ve received through the official F13 channels. These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. “Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?” The answer is no. 

Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business. I’ve also had questions about adding “non-F13” related content to the game. “Can’t you make a new level or a new counselor that has nothing to do with the films?” We can’t do that either. We can’t add any content, whatsoever. Nada. Not even a new tree or rock. We can only focus on console dedicated servers, bug fixes, and maintenance.     

I know this isn’t the news you wanted to hear and I wish the situation were different. But it’s the painful truth. I appreciate your passion and look forward to seeing everyone around camp. 

-W

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 18

Well there goes the optimism... Thanks for clarifying @wes. It's not what we wanted to hear, but we needed to know. Tough call, but it is what it is...

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, wes said:

Hey Campers,

Sorry for the silence as of recent. It’s been a tough couple weeks, as I’m sure you’re aware. But I wanted to address a few questions that I’ve had sent to me personally, as well as questions we’ve received through the official F13 channels. These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. “Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?” The answer is no. 

Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business. I’ve also had questions about adding “non-F13” related content to the game. “Can’t you make a new level or a new counselor that has nothing to do with the films?” We can’t do that either. We can’t add any content, whatsoever. Nada. Not even a new tree or rock. We can only focus on console dedicated servers, bug fixes, and maintenance.     

I know this isn’t the news you wanted to hear and I wish the situation were different. But it’s the painful truth. I appreciate your passion and look forward to seeing everyone around camp. 

-W

Damn, that's Heavy Doc

• Like 2

Well... Thanks for telling us @wes.

I know it was a tough decision, I'm sad we won't ever get to experience Jason X now...

Isn't there already content that is done or near done that could just be finished and put in the game if the ruling goes in your favor? I guess are you trying to tell us that bugs will be fixed but your hands are washed of this game (pretty much?) I'm frankly stunned, I really am. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wes said:

We can’t add any content, whatsoever. Nada. Not even a new tree or rock. We can only focus on console dedicated servers, bug fixes, and maintenance.     

-W

I'm cool with this, as long as it gets done.

There's still plenty of life in this game if the problems can be addressed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

People tied in with the game are well aware whats up, good thing that the highest margin of profit has already occurred.

I never supported DLC due to the game not getting servers and having game breaking bugs in every patch.

Shouldn't be too long and the servers will just be shut down altogether as the DLC excuse will come into play as an excuse for the closure.

• Like 4

Nice exit strategy. "You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, and know when to run.".  Really wish I hadn't backed this game.  Only a matter of time before the next server delay announcement, then the next, then the next until we get the "game is going offline" post.  Looks like a certain undisclosed YouTuber is right about some things. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, wes said:

Hey Campers,

-W

Wes from what I heard Oct is the deadline for the ruling which means it's not gonna just take a year or longer 2018 is the last "Courting" for it and it shouldn't and won't go past that.

I do hope in the future we do get to experience Jason X and etc because I love this game so much.

• Like 1

Thank you.

It isn't what I want to hear but it is a necessary step. I hope that your future projects will take this community into consideration. I do have one question, what's next?

I don't mean to sound demanding or impatient. I just curious if there are thing that you could share that aren't F13 related, to soften the blow. I hope you aren't done with this genre, even if there is a long production period, it would be nice to know you aren't giving up on the genre that you have excelled in.

There is a lot more I'd like to say about the topic, I'm feeling a bit off right this minute though and I don't want to monopolize the thread. Thanks again Wes, it was the right thing to do. 

So we will never have some new gameplay mechanics too (vehicules, weapon etc...). It would be the only things for keeping this game alive for a long time, more than new maps or new counselors. I will continue to play anyway but it's a shame. Thanks for info

• Like 1

Can you give us an idea of how long we can expect to be able to play this game?

• Thanks 1

@wes I guess the only question left that remains to be answered then, is what will become of the game once the inevitable day comes that all servers are shut down, regardless of when that may be? Others have asked, will there be some sort of patch when that day comes that will allow people to save their content/progress to their individual consoles/platform? That way, people could at least continue to play the single player challenges, and offline bots. Perhaps, maybe even have them continue to host their own private matches.

• Like 3

So wes is basically saying even after the court ruling is over we still arent getting content?....or am I misreading with that they have to redo everything with Uber Jason and etc?.....

1 minute ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

So wes is basically saying even after the court ruling is over we still arent getting content?....or am I misreading with that they have to redo everything with Uber Jason and etc?.....

Exactly what he is saying.

2 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

That's exactly what he said. Everything we have, is all we get. All those people on Twitter, as of today, are right. It's now a officially a dead game.

• Like 2

But aren't the Jason X pieces essentially FINISHED? The "we can't invest all that time with no payoff" argument is hard to square with the fact that the time for that has already been invested, and you're willfully shitcanning it. Tossing away work that's already done..  also bad business.

• Like 8

Hope they fix balance in favor of Jason (grab, stun and rage) before the game will die, to stay on a good impression at the end.

• Like 1

@ShiftySamurai could we just say that unless some drastic plan comes to re-release the game that the game is over?Bug fixes wont really bring nobody back at this point.Is it even possible to change up some mechanics?

Thanks for the honesty, but this is SO lame.

You guys are not even trying. You guys are done with the game and this has nothing to do with lawsuits.

How I wish I had some glimpse of the future before buying this game. F13 and Jason deserved so much better.

Maybe I will keep playing for some time (IF the servers allow me lol), but only because of the good memories and the good friends that I had the chance to find in-game, not because of you guys.

Now I know that some people are simply right about some things. 

Hope you guys enjoyed my money. I'll mark the name Gun/Illfonic. Never again. 

Bye. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1