ShiftySamurai

State of the Game - Critical Issue Update

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

I wouldn't say he is supposed to be weak, but counselors should have a slightly easier time in a group.

- Not a "counselor crybaby" 

Well , not you. But some People see it as a legit reason why Jason is in a good balanced spot Right now.

Weaker? Yes. Weak? No.

@Seth BTP , well those People probably just started the game and that is their first Lobby then. I wonder though if it is actually good Right now because I haven't heard anything negative About it anymore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

I wouldn't say he is supposed to be weak, but counselors should have a slightly easier time in a group.

Slightly is the keyword. But in the game, it is not slightly. I think his time between grab and kill needs to be reduced when groups are around him.

8 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

well those People probably just started the game and that is their first Lobby then. I wonder though if it is actually good Right now because I haven't heard anything negative About it anymore.

On PS4 it is kinda the same. Either the last alive the previous match or the new one to the lobby is Jason 90% of the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kepps-66 said:

Slightly is the keyword. But in the game, it is not slightly. I think his time between grab and kill needs to be reduced when groups are around him.

Or you can Morph away and pick them off, Jason has option if you play a bit smarter. Get the fear up to, it makes seeing harder, so less saves. 

Just now, kepps-66 said:

I think his time between grab and kill needs to be reduced when groups are around him.

I disagree with that, I think that works just fine. I always have a quick ready kill for those situations. In my opinion they need to make missed grabs a little more forgiving. As it is now, if you miss the grab then the counselor can be 2 cabins away by the time you recover. That animation should definitely be sped up a bit, along with a slight increase in the "cone" (seems more like a rectangle now). I think those 2 things would be a huge help.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Or you can Morph away and pick them off, Jason has option if you play a bit smarter. Get the fear up to, it makes seeing harder, so less saves. 

I am not making a case for me, I am making a case for the video that was posted. I stalk and shift. I actually like the be hit like that when the game starts, I get rage much faster. Therefore, shift and stalk refills quicker. :)

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

so the force of nature Jason has to morph away from counselors now?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

I disagree with that, I think that works just fine. I always have a quick ready kill for those situations. In my opinion they need to make missed grabs a little more forgiving. As it is now, if you miss the grab then the counselor can be 2 cabins away by the time you recover. That animation should definitely be sped up a bit, along with a slight increase in the "cone" (seems more like a rectangle now). I think those 2 things would be a huge help.

I still think the grab to kill time should be reduced while groups are around Jason. 

I also think your ideas are very good ones too. The missed grab animation is definitely too long and not too forgiving. 

I still have seen some counselors using multiple pocketknives as well.

I had one last night use six on me, and they was "fighting" me in the road and they NEVER went to a campfire, cabin, or picked up anything. I think some people are still using some glitch or hack that I don't know of. I don't have this happen very often, but it has happened a few times. So I don't think this was totally resolved from before, or the update has caused it to happen in some new way.

Just now, kepps-66 said:

I am not making a case for me, I am making a case for the video that was posted. I stalk and shift. I actually like the be hit like that when the game starts, I get rage much faster. Therefore, shift and stalk refills quicker. :)

Ah ok, a lot of Jason's let the counselors choose where to fight and that's what makes it hard. If you let them get you in a small space or hall, there is little you can do but if you circle that cabin smashing windows and doors till they're one hit, set some traps. Use up their health sprays with knives, and you can get them panicking. It also helps if you tell them you like getting hit, Jason wants to fight, it throws them off. I agree hit me early, it's only making it harder on you later. 

will this update also fix the issue where parties break when entering Quick Play on PC? in my opinion that is a bigger issue then any of those listed

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

a lot of Jason's let the counselors choose where to fight and that's what makes it hard. If you let them get you in a small space or hall, there is little you can do but if you circle that cabin smashing windows and doors till they're one hit, set some traps.

I like to watch councilors from a distance, stalking, and then shift grab them when they stop for stamina.

As a counselor,  I like to place traps in bushes and odd places and lure Jason there......fun times...

1 minute ago, shady said:

will this update also fix the issue where parties break when entering Quick Play on PC? in my opinion that is a bigger issue then any of those listed

Have you seen the Pinehurst water glitch or the Higgins bridge glitch? Those two fore mentioned glitches are totally game breaking, and they remain silent on those as well.

Jason didn't need help in any of the films,why is nothing being done about counselors helping Jason in public matches? Since team killing was taken out of the game this happens more often than not and it's not being addressed. This is why I have no issue running the lobby over when I get the car.

1 hour ago, Ki7lumin4ti said:

So it's still OK for Jason to have helpers in the game? 

It appears it is totally fine to play how you want, and punk Jason as well since none of these have been fixed yet. Teaming has been an issue for most since release. I see it happening more and more on PS4 now though.

1 hour ago, Ki7lumin4ti said:

Jason didn't need help in any of the films,why is nothing being done about counselors helping Jason in public matches? Since team killing was taken out of the game this happens more often than not and it's not being addressed. This is why I have no issue running the lobby over when I get the car.

Maybe they can't "monitor" it in QP. Maybe they will be able to "monitor" it better with dedicated servers........then maybe dedicated servers will be just some other thought that never makes it to the game......

• Like 1

Yup,same here,ps4..why not put the option in game settings for host to toggle on off team killing? It's simple. Only way to stop the helpers now,on my account is running their cheating asses over 

8 minutes ago, Ki7lumin4ti said:

.why not put the option in game settings for host to toggle on off team killing?

I think you should be able to toggle it on or off in both online matches and private matches.....I don't know why they are not just making it optional for the host like they do for the rain......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Yeah nows a good time to add a plethora of options to lobbies.

Sarcasm is strong with this one! A toggle on or off is not a "plethora", nor is it really going to matter. With dedicated servers, no one can "choose" it anyways.

Furthermore, to all those who bitched for dedicated servers, the online portion of the game will now die. It will be forever dead once they turn the servers off. Host migration is a better way to go under the circumstances.....

• Like 1

I wasnt being sarcastic in the least @kepps-66 I am in favor for adding as much variety as possible. I also see and agree with your logic of not going dedicated.

Edited by F134Ever86

@F134Ever86 hope you can see as to why I took it as sarcasm....

Hopefully they won't do dedicated servers. If the do, they game is unplayable online once the servers are turned off. If they keep the host method now, and just have it migrate host when a host quits, it will still be playable as long as others are playing it. Hopefully, they will add the "plethora" of options in the lobbies to give the host more control of team killing and booting teamers and cheaters.

Host migration is normally not as good as dedicated servers, but with no new content most people will not play that are not hardcore fans. Thus, no income and the servers cost $$ to run.

While dedicated servers may bring about better stability for the game in the short term, I agree with the above that it's a horrible long term solution. I'd rather suffer through disconnects and other problems with P2P rather than have no game at all.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

Have you seen the Pinehurst water glitch or the Higgins bridge glitch? Those two fore mentioned glitches are totally game breaking, and they remain silent on those as well.

in my opinion the party issue is more game breaking to me as i dont play solo and only with friends so not being able to party totally kills it for me on PC

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

@Seth BTP , well those People probably just started the game and that is their first Lobby then. I wonder though if it is actually good Right now because I haven't heard anything negative About it anymore.

Maybe Wolf, but 90-80% of times? and i still see people enter in a room, play as Jason, and leaves (problaly for enter in another roon and play as Jason) - i play in ps4