ShiftySamurai

State of the Game - Critical Issue Update

20 hours ago, Ki7lumin4ti said:

Yup,same here,ps4..why not put the option in game settings for host to toggle on off team killing? It's simple. Only way to stop the helpers now,on my account is running their cheating asses over 

You know that if they help Jason......it would just help them killing you. Because they can kill you or cripple you for Jason.

40 minutes ago, Seth BTP said:

Maybe Wolf, but 90-80% of times? and i still see people enter in a room, play as Jason, and leaves (problaly for enter in another roon and play as Jason) - i play in ps4

Oh.....Ok. That is really weird.They just leave after the round? Hmmmm….That´s really suspicious. Maybe most People also forgot to Change their Preference because it got reset after the May 24 update.

Thank you, very nice to hear you guys are working on fixing these annoying late bugs.

The first two you stated are specially annoying.

• Haha 1

This maybe another crictial issue that needs to be address also in this update players are taking the fuse with em in the car sometimes and i have seen it spawn outside the map 3 times when they escape making it impossible to fix the phons.

@ShiftySamuraiYou need fix bug from bots at the time of fixing the cars, And fix PT-BR translation of Single Player Challenges

@ ShiftySamurai  Great, continue solving problems in the meantime, because it is one of the main objectives.
There is a bug that bothers us, which is:
The names do not carry in the room, nothing carries, always empty. And I'm always falling on other wrong servers. This is one of the bugs that need fixing too!
(STEAM)

What's going to happen to the levels in data in the future are those going to be saved somewhere besides the servers

4 hours ago, fatmat said:

What's going to happen to the levels in data in the future are those going to be saved somewhere besides the servers

it will be 

tenor.gif?itemid=5740877

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

@ShiftySamurai is a dream sequence (part V) skin still possible since all they have to do is modify part 4 to be muddy and add damage to his model?

Is making or converting a dream sequence Jason fixing bugs or glitches? No? There you go. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

@ShiftySamurai is a dream sequence (part V) skin still possible since all they have to do is modify part 4 to be muddy and add damage to his model?

Going to assume that fuck no, it isn't possible. As much as it'd be cool to have.

Wes recently said they literally can't add a new tree/rock... as it would technically be "content". So a new Jason skin is clearly out of the question. 

Also, on the topic of fixing critical issues etc...

I play mostly on PS4, and it's definitely far buggier than it was prior to the previous two updates.

That said, I played on PC a few hours ago for a change of pace and man, it was pretty horrible.

I loaded into the game just before a match started. The lobby mostly consisted of players speaking a different language. Muting them all failed to work. My counselor appeared to be on random (when I got back into the lobby it was set to my chosen counselor). I played as default outfit Buggzy, sans medic/swift attacker/sucker punch perks.

Next match, play as perkless generic Fox. Escape at the end after an incredibly boring game, then the timer inexplicably froze for close to a minute as all the remaining players were just running on the spot in game like when the connection drops on console. I said fuck it and exited out of the game frustratedly.

I have an extremely high threshold for quitting, I basically never do it... but this match I considered doing it before it had ended - out of the sheer tedium. My line of thinking was basically "Do I really want to get from one end of the the long ass main road on Packanack as a lower stamina character I didn't choose to play as, all the way to the police exit that the noob Jason isn't even attempting to prevent people from passing, just for an unrewarding "escape" that may count as a suicide?". When I said fuck it and bothered to escape, then the game immediately froze... well it wasn't what I'd consider a good use of my time.  

Action/attack bugs where the buttons don't work seem to happen more frequently on PC as well. Seemed to happen every minute or so the first game I played on PC earlier.

I hope an update that actually fixes shit drops soon with little delay - even if it is just the most gamebreaking issues at first, though it's hard to really narrow it down to the top 10 worst issues right now.    

Aside from the car rubberbanding (which still exists in a different form where counselors become impervious and the Jason player is the one being fucked over now...)  glitch that persisted for months, this game was in the best state it ever was from late January to late May when the long awaited update finally dropped. It was so much less buggy. I swear it even looks slightly graphically downgraded to me as of the hotfix patch on PS4 (everything looks a little jaggier playing on my PS4 Pro? On the flipside, it definitely looks better than before to me on X1X). Maybe I'm imagining that - I dunno.

I'm sure that the devs have fixed many things as well with the past two updates, but it basically goes unnoticed and becomes irrelevant when all of this horrible new shit gets introduced into the game and easily eclipses most if not all of the bugs that they managed to fix, in terms of how problematic/gamebreaking they are. 

I really love this game but goddamn it tests one's patience at times. 

On 6/22/2018 at 5:07 PM, shady said:

in my opinion the party issue is more game breaking to me as i dont play solo and only with friends so not being able to party totally kills it for me on PC

It is only an issue on PC. The glitches I am referring to effect all platforms. 

Thanks very much @ShiftySamurai and so glad you guys continue to update this superfun and addictive game! I am so NOT a “gamer” but for this one game alone, I’m a video game addict. 

Glad these issues are being fixed.

I’ve been noticing the car escape counting as a suicide (this happened to me and other players I’ve witnessed) and it’s super frustrating to work so hard for that righteous victory — only to see You Died instead of You Survived — and then see a camera POV of someone else’s corpse display as “Your Dead Body.” 😆 

As Jason, I have also wondered why the game was ending when a couple of counselors Escaped while a couple of others were listed as Alive. 

Another glitch I have noticed is what when I hide under a bed as a counselor, I am sometimes frozen when I come out from under the bed. I have to go under it again and come out again to free myself. If that’s already been reported, sorry. 

Thanks again!

P.S. I play on PS4 if that’s helpful to know.

Its a proven fact that youre more of a nerd if you only play one game...Sorry man but you cant argue with science.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Its a proven fact that youre more of a nerd if you only play one game...Sorry man but you cant argue with science.

LOL! 😄 Fair enough.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:18 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

Let me clarify: I haven’t seen videos or reports of the old bug that people were calling rubber banding since the latest update. The new reports of rubber banding have typically been described as the second one I mentioned; one player is pulled from the car. A second player gets in and drives away while pulling the original driver with them. 

@ShiftySamurai I saw this happen last night when me and another escaped in the four seater. Another player got out to stun Jason, and I pulled away. That player was "dragged" with the car until we escaped and then that player fell through the map. The whole lobby had to wait you the game's timer to end the game, as Jason could not kill that player.

Not rubber banding like before, but somewhat similar.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:52 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello everyone, there have been a lot of questions about where we stand with the state of the game right now, and whether we are going to continue updating the game (Spoiler: We are). Below you will find items that we intend to have fixed with the next update to Friday the 13th: The Game.

Critical Fixes:

• The game ending while counselors are still in play
  • Escaping via a vehicle counts as suicide
  • Players loading in as a character different than the one they selected
  • Counselors stuck to repair points after initiating/completing a repair
  • Game crashing tied to the destruction of doors
  • Players able to clip through a wall on the Pinehurst map

In this update we are prioritizing bugs that have a large impact on gameplay, though it is possible that some lower impact issues will be resolved due to a shared solution with critical issues, or as time allows.

Once we launch console dedicated servers, our resources will be able to focus exclusively on player facing issues. With no content being added, we should have fewer new issues arise, which will allow us to work solely on reducing the overall list of game impacting bugs.

What about the physical artbook and digital soundtrack that I paid for?

Just now, Highgreen420764 said:

What about the physical artbook and digital soundtrack that I paid for?

This is a thread about critical issues in the game. While the art books and soundtracks are still being made, they aren’t the focus of this thread. 

• Like 1

I was flabbergasted to hear that you guys don't consider the lobby thing that causes parties to get broken up to be a priority when it is the SINGLE most critical issue we have on Steam right now. NO ONE wants to play right now because of it, and now I hear that's not even considered a critical issue to you guys... is that true?!

• Sad 1

On 6/20/2018 at 12:22 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello everyone, there have been a lot of questions about where we stand with the state of the game right now, and whether we are going to continue updating the game (Spoiler: We are). Below you will find items that we intend to have fixed with the next update to Friday the 13th: The Game.

Critical Fixes:

• The game ending while counselors are still in play
  • Escaping via a vehicle counts as suicide
  • Players loading in as a character different than the one they selected
  • Counselors stuck to repair points after initiating/completing a repair
  • Game crashing tied to the destruction of doors
  • Players able to clip through a wall on the Pinehurst map

In this update we are prioritizing bugs that have a large impact on gameplay, though it is possible that some lower impact issues will be resolved due to a shared solution with critical issues, or as time allows.

Once we launch console dedicated servers, our resources will be able to focus exclusively on player facing issues. With no content being added, we should have fewer new issues arise, which will allow us to work solely on reducing the overall list of game impacting bugs.

people are still using the cheat to run across water on the pine hurst map. This needs to be fixed too.

still no patch. fix the game, now or it will die !

• Like 1

Well , I´ve seen some People use Speed hacks , where they run really fast , both as Jason and Counselor (most likely Chad). They also have instant car start ups and the cops come instantly.

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I´ve seen some People use Speed hacks , where they run really fast , both as Jason and Counselor (most likely Chad). They also have instant car start ups and the cops come instantly.

Yeah, I've seen that loads of times... usually Vanessa's though