ShiftySamurai

State of the Game - Critical Issue Update

What about that glitch where you're playing as Jason and as soon as you kill the host, the game disconnects?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mawlock said:

What about that glitch where you're playing as Jason and as soon as you kill the host, the game disconnects?

That bug will get fixed in maybe 4-6 months.

I suppose with no new content to release, fixes will be done in no time at all. Guess that's a bonus.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Are you talking about the issue where players get stuck to the car during repairs, or where players are stuck to the car when Jason pulls them out and another player starts the car and drives off, pulling the original driver with them?

Neither. You literally talked about rubber banding in the previous patch thread here

To describe it simply, when a counselor exits the car, they enter an “alternate reality” in the game, where they continue through the match normally however for Jason, they are still standing by the car. Leaving them vulnerable to being grabbed at which point the counselor ”rubberbands” back to Jason - from any distance. 

Read this thread for more details. It is absolutely game breaking and it’s very disappointing to see it isn’t on this list of fixes. It’s been in the game for like half a year at this stage. As of the last hot fix, the car is a complete death trap - if you don’t rubber band, then you still suicide on exit.

• Like 1

Yes this has happened to me and other players I have seen among other terrible issues that seem to make playing not as fun anymore and I am a newbie

you should keep the rainbow blood it's funny. Particularly on the Pinehurst SP challenges. It's somehow weirdly fitting when Jason does the kill on A.J with the needles

@ShiftySamurai Will the next update fix the party issue? I consider that game breaking as you can’t even play with 2 or more people in the party.

7 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Thats easy. 2 is company not a party.

Meant to say 2 or more. Lol

@ShiftySamurai  What about when jumping out of a 2nd story window and Jason hits you right as your going out and you start hovering in midair and can't move?

Or going in a hiding spot then trying to leave and finding out it won't let you leave the hiding spot and Jason can't perform the hiding spot kill either so you both just sit there waiting for the timer to run out? Not sure of exact cause of this 1 when it happened to me I tried to exit hiding spot about the time Jason stepped in my trap.

Not being frozen in place unable to move should be pretty critical..

@ShiftySamurai

Will the party system on pc being broken be addressed with this update? All my friends have taken a break due to the difficulty of all getting in the same lobby since the hotfix after the engine update. (when suicide escapes started)

11 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello everyone, there have been a lot of questions about where we stand with the state of the game right now, and whether we are going to continue updating the game (Spoiler: We are). Below you will find items that we intend to have fixed with the next update to Friday the 13th: The Game.

Critical Fixes:

• The game ending while counselors are still in play
  • Escaping via a vehicle counts as suicide
  • Players loading in as a character different than the one they selected
  • Counselors stuck to repair points after initiating/completing a repair
  • Game crashing tied to the destruction of doors
  • Players able to clip through a wall on the Pinehurst map

In this update we are prioritizing bugs that have a large impact on gameplay, though it is possible that some lower impact issues will be resolved due to a shared solution with critical issues, or as time allows.

Once we launch console dedicated servers, our resources will be able to focus exclusively on player facing issues. With no content being added, we should have fewer new issues arise, which will allow us to work solely on reducing the overall list of game impacting bugs.

I just wondering for PS4 what about the shaking councillors as you're killing them?

I'm confused about the people mentioning rubberbanding, both here and on reddit.

There's definitely some form of rubberbanding issue still present in the game, but in my experience on PS4, the original rubberbanding issue is no longer there?
At least I haven't encountered it since the most recent update.  What I'm reading lately suggests that it's still there, which is confusing. 

There's an arguably worse issue (at least for the Jason player) which I believe was introduced with the late May update and still remains after the attempted hotfix patch, it may even be worse now if anything. I don't know if rubberbanding is the right term, but basically the counselor player somehow gets glitched and then uncontrollably teleports all over the map (usually unbeknownst to themselves unless someone points it out to them).

They are unable to be grabbed or attacked in any way by Jason, usually for the remainder of the match. 

The counselor player can literally appear to be hundreds of feet away on the Jason player's screen, while on their own screen they can be within grabbing distance (and probably wondering why Jason isn't trying to kill them...). They're usually still able to attack Jason, save other counselors when they get grabbed etc. but are completely impervious to being harmed. 

I think this issue usually stems from the car in one way or another, but is totally different to the original rubberbanding bug, which I personally haven't seen on PS4 since the most recent update. 

I would like to see the "Join Game" under a user's profile fixed on Xbox One. Now it's by invite only which creates an unnecessary layer of annoyance for everyone on both sides of private matches.

Hello ! 

When i play the Virtual Cabin and specialy when i go outside ( around the lake, cemetary etc... ) i notice that the framerate is very low. A big slowdown since the two previous update. 

It is possible to fix that issue please ? 

For information i play the game on Xbox system ( fat console ). 

I really hope that one day the game will be follow his roadmap again with new content. It's a great game and he deserve it so much. 

Thank you all , cheers

11 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

(If your name is trolling @The Wolf with that Toast, not cool. He's our resident Mightiest Wolfie.)

Haha , thanks!

I don´t think he is trolling me but if he thinks he is the mightiest wolfy , then he can think he is one [but I am still the mightiest Wolf])

You should still give us part x Jason he in game already but hidden in coding and I careless about Grendel map.  Keep your promise and give us part x because and like said part x is in game and not really new content.

Welp...

Just like I thought.

An update about the update without an actual update.

Mind you I don't blame shifty. He's just the messenger.

We'll be sitting here on Xmas Eve 2018 still hearing about how 'close' dedicated servers are and likely adding another version of rubberbanding as an ornament to the Xmas tree for the holidays. Meanwhile Sean and Victor will still be stalemating in court with no settlement and that will leave us with a half working, content less game the rest of the year and the rest of its lifespan.

tumblr_p0p3pto1V81rhmoixo1_500.gif

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Neither. You literally talked about rubber banding in the previous patch thread here

To describe it simply, when a counselor exits the car, they enter an “alternate reality” in the game, where they continue through the match normally however for Jason, they are still standing by the car. Leaving them vulnerable to being grabbed at which point the counselor ”rubberbands” back to Jason - from any distance. 

Read this thread for more details. It is absolutely game breaking and it’s very disappointing to see it isn’t on this list of fixes. It’s been in the game for like half a year at this stage. As of the last hot fix, the car is a complete death trap - if you don’t rubber band, then you still suicide on exit.

While I’ve seen people talk about rubber banding since the last update, I haven’t seen any videos of the OG rubber banding issue. It has typically been described as the second one I mentioned; one player is pulled from the car. A second player gets in and drives away while pulling the original driver with them. 

It looks to be that issue that @American Oxygen was talking about. 

14 hours ago, American Oxygen said:

Thanks for the response! 

I am referring to the issues with the “original” driver being pulled along side the car with another person who began to drive the car. There is another glitch where the counselor will just judder and glide across the floor but that one isn’t so much as game breaking as the first issue. The player literally cannot move and just gets glitched across the entire map and can’t gain control of their character unless the player exits the car. 

It Looks very good , luckily I didn´t experience the Bugs/glitches (because I couldn´t Play online [because of stupid PS Plus]) so I am happy when I start playing this month again that the most crucial issues are getting fixed. Well , I probably wouldn´t have encountered them anyways because I almost never experience them.

Now we just Need some Jason.....tweaking/buffing/Fixing because he seriously Needs it. Well , we know for a fact that they improve the grab (which is very good) but hopefully we can use counselors as a meatshield again when we grab them. And hopefully more than that….something to stop the counselors ganging up on Jason ( @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow can Show why he Needs something against them).

41 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

While I’ve seen people talk about rubber banding since the last update, I haven’t seen any videos of the OG rubber banding issue. It has typically been described as the second one I mentioned; one player is pulled from the car. A second player gets in and drives away while pulling the original driver with them. 

Allow me to unequivocally tell you that the original rubber band issue still exists. And it should be a #1 top priority fix if Gun care in the slightest bit about this game at all. I don’t know how much contact you have with Illfonic but I talk with them directly, they know this is a serious issue and I can only hope it is resolved by next patch. Lord knows I have given them enough info on it.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Allow me to unequivocally tell you that the original rubber band issue still exists. And it should be a #1 top priority fix if Gun care in the slightest bit about this game at all. I don’t know how much contact you have with Illfonic but I talk with them directly, they know this is a serious issue and I can only hope it is resolved by next patch. Lord knows I have given them enough info on it.

Could you please send me some video? The only reports with any additional information that I have seen are from before the June 8th update. The thread you linked to earlier hasn't had a reply since June 7th, which is when we addressed issues that resulted in the rubber banding issue.

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Could you please send me some video? The only reports with any additional information that I have seen are from before the June 8th update. The thread you linked to earlier hasn't had a reply since June 7th, which is when we addressed issues that resulted in the rubber banding issue.

Yes I will try to grab some video for you but in the meantime talk to IllWill if you want more info.

• Like 1

Me being a console player, I think bug fixes should be priority over dedicated servers right now. It’s unearthly tough to play online with these bugs. I’ve been playing a lot of multiplayer recently and come across issues in every match. What exactly causes counselors to flicker during kills? It completely ruins the Jason playing experience. Not to mention that he is so vulnerable to getting beat down by groups. Doesn’t seem like an unreasonable question to me.

@ShiftySamurai @wes