ShiftySamurai

State of the Game - Critical Issue Update

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Once we launch console dedicated servers, our resources will be able to focus exclusively on player facing issues. With no content being added, we should have fewer new issues arise, which will allow us to work solely on reducing the overall list of game impacting bugs.

Funny. The community has been asking for exactly this since may of last year.

Good to see it finally happening. It's a shame that it's most likely too little too late.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Are you talking about the issue where players get stuck to the car during repairs, or where players are stuck to the car when Jason pulls them out and another player starts the car and drives off, pulling the original driver with them?

Thanks for the response! 

I am referring to the issues with the “original” driver being pulled along side the car with another person who began to drive the car. There is another glitch where the counselor will just judder and glide across the floor but that one isn’t so much as game breaking as the first issue. The player literally cannot move and just gets glitched across the entire map and can’t gain control of their character unless the player exits the car. 

2 hours ago, Anonymous said:

that's a short list.

These are the major bugs that are considered "game breaking". I'm sure that when the patch notes release, there will be many other bugs that will be fixed that are not game breaking. Hopefully one of them is the ridiculous rainbow blood on Pinehurst. 

10 minutes ago, BigJay said:

These are the major bugs that are considered "game breaking". I'm sure that when the patch notes release, there will be many other bugs that will be fixed that are not game breaking. Hopefully one of the them is the ridiculous rainbow blood on Pinehurst. 

I wish I could share your optimism, I fully expect the only fixes in the patch are the ones listed.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

For real?

Yes,  and it happens with other characters also I had 2 ghost AJ s standing around the other night that disappeared  when I went to grab them.

and that was after I had killed all the players playing as AJ.

so weird.....

ps4 

4 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I wish I could share your optimism, I fully expect the only fixes in the patch are the ones listed.

As we likely should. But like Shifty said, some of the fixes for these issues could also fix other ones. Yes we know how it goes, but let's just see what happens.

@ShiftySamurai What about the bug where party members get separated when trying to search for a match in quick play? This happens frequently even if I'm in a party with one person, that's pretty "critical" right? 

Also follow up question, and I know you're position on all of this so I'm not expecting a response but wouldn't content resume once the lawsuit is resolved? 

9 minutes ago, Mikleo said:

@ShiftySamurai What about the bug where party members get separated when trying to search for a match in quick play? This happens frequently even if I'm in a party with one person, that's pretty "critical" right? 

Also follow up question, and I know you're position on all of this so I'm not expecting a response but wouldn't content resume once the lawsuit is resolved? 

Yes please this is very annoying that you can't play with friends anymore.

Been hearing dedicated servers have been coming since August

come on 

• Thanks 2

Now this is great! This is what we need. Comfirmation that you’re still working on the game, ironing out big bugs followed by more later on. That you’re deep into dedicated servers. At this point, based on what’s going on legally, i think most people would be happy with seeing this kind of interaction and information. We can still have a great game here. Just keep us updated and let us know what’s going on. Thank for the update @ShiftySamurai

Good to hear!  After these are implemented and more of the big bugs are squashed, im interested in different game play ones.  I would love to see the ability to switch the order of Jasons ability as a level unlock.

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello everyone, there have been a lot of questions about where we stand with the state of the game right now, and whether we are going to continue updating the game (Spoiler: We are). Below you will find items that we intend to have fixed with the next update to Friday the 13th: The Game.

Critical Fixes:

• The game ending while counselors are still in play
  • Escaping via a vehicle counts as suicide
  • Players loading in as a character different than the one they selected
  • Counselors stuck to repair points after initiating/completing a repair
  • Game crashing tied to the destruction of doors
  • Players able to clip through a wall on the Pinehurst map

In this update we are prioritizing bugs that have a large impact on gameplay, though it is possible that some lower impact issues will be resolved due to a shared solution with critical issues, or as time allows.

Once we launch console dedicated servers, our resources will be able to focus exclusively on player facing issues. With no content being added, we should have fewer new issues arise, which will allow us to work solely on reducing the overall list of game impacting bugs.

Yes! Dedicated servers!

There's a glitch or bug where if you are not host and you are Jason your knives freeze up and your blocking is delayed ....but when you are host and your Jason everything works like it should 

41 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Yes,  and it happens with other characters also I had 2 ghost AJ s standing around the other night that disappeared  when I went to grab them.

and that was after I had killed all the players playing as AJ.

so weird.....

ps4 

Supernatural occurrences at Camp Crystal Lake? A.J. coming back to haunt Jason? This could all lead to another way to kill Jason... with ghosts.... or maybe its just a bug. Yeah, probably just a bug.
   But are you sure it wasn't the ghost of Pamela impersonating A.J.? With all the violent deaths in these parts... maybe we should not be surprised the Camp is haunted. Someone call Lorraine Warren... we may have need of her expertise on the paranormal.
   I am kidding of course, let's leave Mrs. Warren out of this... its a bit too dangerous in Crystal Lake for her.

@Mikleo I agree that party members being booted from the group when searching for a match is a truly annoying bug. I enjoy playing with friends... and since this problem started, I rarely have enough friends on to form a private match... but so far, private matches seem pretty stable if you have enough people to play one. Also, inviting friends into a lobby with enough room still works, but the problem with that is how often you find a lobby with room and if your friends can get into it before the lobby is filled... not to mention that we never get to stay in one lobby for too many games in a row. It would not be that much of an issue if we could stay in the same lobby indefinitely... at least, not for those of us with a lot of patience.
    I doubt you will get an answer to your question until the case is resolved... This would count as talking about something affected by the case, which could have drastic implications that we do not even want to consider.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thank you, this is what we need regularly. ? ? ?

3 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

Yes. He showed up with Jason's sense. I escaped as the 8th player, but Jason got 8/8 because he killed the NPC....lol. 

Thx so much

Your welcome @MIGHTIESTwolfy, not sure what I did. Wait, was it state the obvious? Cause I do that sometimes without thinking. It's kinda funny, I didn't even write the whole thought out. We need communication, bug fixes are great but knowing shit is being taken care of makes us feel taken care of. 

Welcome to the forums, you should go do an introduction before someone yells at you.

(If your name is trolling @The Wolf with that Toast, not cool. He's our resident Mightiest Wolfie.)

@ShiftySamurai how about the issues with a lobby trying to join a game room? 

Other people a part from the host are thrown out all the time , and you have to invite them again.

it usually gives a “bypass failed” error 

• Like 2

There's also this bug on Pinehurst where if you kill someone in the big house, the blood is replaced with rainbow colored fireworks? happens every time on the PS4

7 minutes ago, Arashi97 said:

There's also this bug on Pinehurst where if you kill someone in the big house, the blood is replaced with rainbow colored fireworks? happens every time on the PS4

Welcome to the forum, go do an introduction post before someone jumps on you about it. Read the rules, don't double post even though it isn't really against them. Bunch of other stuff I don't remember right this minute.

Oh, report bugs to the proper threads, they're labeled and pinned at the top of suggestions and feedback. This one comes up a lot, fairy blood, acid flashbacks or fire works, it's been called a lot of stuff. It isn't game breaking, they're doing those bugs first.

@ShiftySamurai What about the camera lock glitches where my camera gets locked in one place and I cannot perform any actions other than just moving around? Had that happen twice when opening a drawer and hiding under a bed. As Jason, when breaking a window, I get stuck to where no buttons work. I cannot interact or attack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Are you talking about the issue where players get stuck to the car during repairs, or where players are stuck to the car when Jason pulls them out and another player starts the car and drives off, pulling the original driver with them?

Hi, PS4 on 1.26 just lagging FPS on any maps for rain.

1.24 version didn't make feel me lagging from my own host in rain just fine pretty better FPS.