ShiftySamurai

State of the Game - Critical Issue Update

Hello everyone, there have been a lot of questions about where we stand with the state of the game right now, and whether we are going to continue updating the game (Spoiler: We are). Below you will find items that we intend to have fixed with the next update to Friday the 13th: The Game.

Critical Fixes:

• The game ending while counselors are still in play
  • Escaping via a vehicle counts as suicide
  • Players loading in as a character different than the one they selected
  • Counselors stuck to repair points after initiating/completing a repair
  • Game crashing tied to the destruction of doors
  • Players able to clip through a wall on the Pinehurst map

In this update we are prioritizing bugs that have a large impact on gameplay, though it is possible that some lower impact issues will be resolved due to a shared solution with critical issues, or as time allows.

Once we launch console dedicated servers, our resources will be able to focus exclusively on player facing issues. With no content being added, we should have fewer new issues arise, which will allow us to work solely on reducing the overall list of game impacting bugs.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 7

Thank you guys for addressing these issues. I look forward to seeing how this update will look. Hoping for the best!

Posted (edited)

jason STILL has the morph bug on xbox one no cursor showing on map! double post can be deleted

Edited by dannyhk87
oops double post ignore this one
  • Like 1

Sweet! Hope this comes soon. Also another glitch that seems to happen to me twice is having my counciler move on their own, erraticly and eventurally falling under the map and then getting kicked for inactivity. Very annoying! Cant wait to see these changes!!

1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

What about flickering kill animations? Or I guess you mentioned that will come after the major fixes?

Yeah, while super annoying, it isn't game breaking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Question, I am on XB1and I still haven't been prompted to install the last update from a week or two ago The one that was going to fix the sound glitches. Any Idea what is going on with that? Every time I start it it just goes to the game and the sound of windows breaking ECT happens After I break them still, Same with doors.

jasons morph cursor is still missing on xbox one. still cannot morph im not the only with this issue either judging from a comment i saw on the last patch notes! 

23 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Yeah, while super annoying, it isn't game breaking.

@ShiftySamurai the walk on water glitch (Pinehurst) and the swim under the bridge glitch (Higgins) is game breaking in a sense. If all counselors go there on these maps, Jason can not kill them. Are this going to be addressed?  I didn't see them listed, but I would think they are sort of game breaking glitches. Surely it is not intended for counselors to have a place where they are just untouchable. 

• Like 2

Good to know you guys are working on it, just hope no more new bugs come from the update. Can we get any idea when dedicated servers are coming. Also I really really hope this copyright bullshit gets over with fast so we can get Uber J.

EDIT

can we please get the option to skip cutscenes in single player?

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

I didn't see the Tommy Jarvis glitch listed. Weird.

If you mean the one where Tommy dies and the match ends, it is included in "The game ending while counselors are still in play"

• Like 1

Hi, ShiftySamurai !

What about private game with friends (PC)?  Me and my friends can't play in a private match. Persistent connection errors. This problem appeared after the last patch on PC (08.06.18) %) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

If you mean the one where Tommy dies and the match ends, it is included in "The game ending while counselors are still in play"

There is also a Tommy glitch where one Tommy is playable like normal, but the second spawned in Tommy in an NPC.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

How are the servers coming along?

From what I understand, we are pretty deep in the process. Unfortunately, it isn't something that we can say is "halfway done" or anything like that. It's either done, or it isn't. Right now, it isn't.

Just now, kepps-66 said:

There is also a Tommy glitch where one Tommy is playable like normal, but the second spawned in Tommy in an NPC.

I don't remember seeing this one, I'll see if it's on the list. Regardless, an NPC character spawning in isn't a critical issue. Annoying? Yes. Game breaking? No.

• Thanks 1

Just now, kepps-66 said:

For real?

2 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

Yep. See attached photo I took during a match.

That's funny. Do you know if Jason got xp for killing him (or was even able to)?

Did he run around, or just stand there?

1 minute ago, Truth said:

That's funny. Do you know if Jason got xp for killing him (or was even able to)?

Did he run around, or just stand there?

Yes. He showed up with Jason's sense. I escaped as the 8th player, but Jason got 8/8 because he killed the NPC....lol.